Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 10th Annual PW Draft 2017 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Picked Rusev,

I think its a case of the stip made me do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Hes freakin so underrated, should of went sooner. Utilizing him shouldn't be hard

Ive said this too much this round.... but (insert name) should have gone sooner.

Sami this time, great pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

My top three names this round were Hero, then Sami, then Rusev, so I was delighted to have Rusev go just before me because it made it easier to pick Sami! I've also never been happier to be such a fan of Dragon Gate because it meant I got Tozawa to join my ranks as a bonus!

Sami and Tozawa as a team? Looked at that and thought they would be in the stable/faction group.

I don't how you find these ones every year.

• Advertisement

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Hes freakin so underrated, should of went sooner. Utilizing him shouldn't be hard

He's great, it just I picked him last year but once the stip was announced and he did not get selected in the first 5 I couldn't resist.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

DM_7 wrote: »
    Sami and Tozawa as a team? Looked at that and thought they would be in the stable/faction group.

I don't how you find these ones every year.
    A mixture of checking dates on Cage Match, matches on wrestling-data.com and cross referencing the Dragon Gate
    iheartdg.com match database. I think a lot of people forget to search for teams in Dragon Gate but they had a huge amount of American names join them for tours.

A mixture of checking dates on Cage Match, matches on wrestling-data.com and cross referencing the Dragon Gate
    iheartdg.com match database. I think a lot of people forget to search for teams in Dragon Gate but they had a huge amount of American names join them for tours.

Great work as always.

Research is your friend and TBC just married research again. Great double pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Sshhhhhhhhhh don't mention Cagematch. That's our (draft veterans) secret :)

Who am I kidding we're all veterans at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

Feel a bit bad for taking Harper/Rowan in case Campo was hoping for a Wyatt Family reunion. Had to put DPW first though! Now to decide if they go forward as a team or not!

DM sent to next roster

Holy crap, NWO all on one Roster.

Well done BH.

Cheese going pre full sail NXT, that is a (NXT) pro maneuver!

Kudos to Cheese who drafted Johnny Mundo/Morrison/Hennigan/Nitro/Hutz/McClure

For those wondering when if he was eligle, here is my wording on the stip, which was purposely written like this.....

!So the picks from number 11 to number 16 this round must have
    had a match in NXT. So once your pick has appeared in an NXT match, they
    are good to be drafted."

He never wrestled in NXT the developmental terrority, but heres his NXT match...... be jealous! Great scooping cheese

Its technically an NXT match and he worked outside the box and within the stip.

Round 6 stip n order is up....now!

It is the last restrictive stip round...... but far from the last stip round

A stip that could be permanent in years to come :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

daithi1989 wrote: »
    Feel a bit bad for taking Harper/Rowan in case Campo was hoping for a Wyatt Family reunion. Had to put DPW first though! Now to decide if they go forward as a team or not!

DM sent to next roster

I took a gamble that they be free next round but it was not to be, Ive not given up on them just yet mind

Do we have to pick a female wrestler ??

• Registered Users Posts: 86,730 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ladies round, does Santina count :P

santina-marella-728x400.jpg

campo wrote: »
    Do we have to pick a female wrestler ??

No, not at all. You can pick male or female, but the female tag teams will be very limited for this round.

• Advertisement

Round 5/7 is when the ladies picks become more frequent. No better time to make people gamble on a singles female or wait and see if they can pick a tag team in future rounds....

No, not at all. You can pick male or female, but the female tag teams will be very limited for this round.

Ah good as losing the Wyatts, drawing 20th and then having to pick a female after 19 others would be too much to take

• Registered Users Posts: 36,259 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Pick up, PM sent.

Can't complain with Itami.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Late in Rd5 Itami is a great guy to pick up. Fits in very nicely on Slicks roster. So many possibilities with that roster

• Registered Users Posts: 18,014 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Pick in, PM sent.

Now. Havent checked yet, but is Del Rio available for.selection for paulie? I shall investigate

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Pretty sure ADR appeared in ROH Joe.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

beakerjoe wrote:
    Now. Havent checked yet, but is Del Rio available for.selection for paulie? I shall investigate

Pretty sure as Shagnastii said he appeared in ROH...

Sorry to scare you Paulie, the pick is good!

I just wasnt aware of it myself, a quick check lets me know he had 6 matches with ROH. Good work Paulie and sorry for doubting you.

• Advertisement

Del Rio was in ROH so yes, good pick.

Advertisement