Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 10th Annual PW Draft 2017 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

James Storm and Abyss..... two great picks individually

With Del Rio gone, I wonder will his new fiance make teh journey with him also, or will he he hitting on the ladies of PCW

Pick made and PM Sent... with all the great teams being snapped up, I had to act now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

DAMN IT!

You absolutely had to act now :mad: They were my next pick

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Had them in mind but knew they wouldn't get to when I'd take em. I can't remember them having a match that wasn't quality (but i've missed a lot of the weekly NXT show.

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    DAMN IT!

You absolutely had to act now :mad: They were my next pick

Would you believe I had 5 others in mind, (2 tag teams, 3 singles) and I really couldnt decided. I gambled that the single guys will still be available and I believe said gamble payed off if you were waiting to pounce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

#DIY vs Brainbusters feud!! That has ****** match written all over it :)

I've got a tag team in mind but not 100% sure on, because while I think they might be good, their stock has fallen in recent times, but I'm not sure how original a story they bring. Also working at the moment so may be a little while till I get the pick up. Will try to do it asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I'll second what others are saying, #DIY vs Brainbusters is my favorite potential feud here. That is an awesome awesome pick!

I actually wanted the revival rather than DIY, alas pland change.

• Advertisement

I wonder will we see as many trades this year as we have in the past. Everyone seems to be drafting with a purpose or plan in mind so far.

LeeJM wrote: »
    I wonder will we see as many trades this year as we have in the past. Everyone seems to be drafting with a purpose or plan in mind so far.

The longer I have them the more storylines are fitting into place for them but originally I was thinking about trading rd2 Batista & / or rd3 Mr Perfect. Actually think my next rd pick could decide a lot of my top o the card feuds as there are still some names making it to that round I hadn't expected to due to the stips last round.

I said before the Draft began that I thought guys capable of main eventing would fall to Rd 5&6 and they definitely have. There is still guys on the board who can main event! I think the stips so far have meant everyone has had top talent available throughout and I cant imagine anyone being unhappy with how things have gone so far

I said before the Draft began that I thought guys capable of main eventing would fall to Rd 5&6 and they definitely have. There is still guys on the board who can main event! I think the stips so far have meant everyone has had top talent available throughout and I cant imagine anyone being unhappy with how things have gone so far

Every round and every pick is always the most important / roster defining one until the next one is made but I do honestly feel that ATM there are a lot, nay most rosters are all at a really high standard where each one seems like it could be the standout roster until you see the next and thus the next few picks esp with some big names still available could be difference making. That said with so many tag teams gone people's hands may be forced in terms of getting a team in now while they can instead... tbh I just love all the permutations (is that the right word) that go along with the draft.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

I have a plan, but need one more person to impliment it, and have a certain person in mind! Being first draftee next round is an advantage, and then will have my main event and upper-midcard matches in place! Can then work on the support card!

Decided to opt for Big Poppa Pump, for more lolz.

Could someone PM Brian for me :)

I'll PM him now ;)

Update ; PM sent to Brian

He was on my list of options, was thinking about drafting a tag partner for him in a later round should I have choosen him.

Works as a OTT heel or face, him and Matt and Vinnie Mac will have great promos no doubt.

And Scott is a great wrestler (in his hey day) so theres that too.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    He was on my list of options, was thinking about drafting a tag partner for him in a later round should I have choosen him.

Works as a OTT heel or face, him and Matt and Vinnie Mac will have great promos no doubt.

And Scott is a great wrestler (in his hey day) so theres that too.

Jesus I hadnt even considered the potential promos between Broken Matt, Vince and Steiner. I hope Steiner shows up still wearing his Main Event Mafia tracksuit :pac::pac:

Jesus I hadnt even considered the potential promos between Broken Matt, Vince and Steiner. I hope Steiner shows up still wearing his Main Event Mafia tracksuit :pac::pac:

Maybe a trip to the lake for Scotty will return him to his long haired natural self! The possibilities are plentyful.

• Advertisement

And here I am just working out how to get Big E, Steiner and a bottle of baby oil into a scene together :pac:

And here I am just working out how to get Big E, Steiner and a bottle of baby oil into a scene together :pac:

*SHUDDERS*

• Registered Users Posts: 86,730 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

beakerjoe wrote: »
    James Storm and Abyss..... two great picks individually

So agree, was hoping Storm would have lasted longer to take myself, I guess sorry about my damn unluck

Some very interesting picks being made, Steiner for example is someone I've always wanted to draft but never got the chance to. I can only imagine writing for him, Hardy, New Day & Vinnie Mac (who had a big big place in my plans originally) would be great fun altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Pick Made and PM sent !

Damn it Brian.......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Jushin Liger was a massive temptation during the NXT round. A huge win to have him at this stage in the game

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Hope I don't ruin anything with this GIF but this is Vince reacting to Lord TSC's
    roster announcements.

2475880b-9aa5-4838-90fa-8d20636a5e1c

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Hope I don't ruin anything with this GIF but this is Vince reacting to Lord TSC's
    roster announcements.

2475880b-9aa5-4838-90fa-8d20636a5e1c

IIRC TSC previously used that gif as the basis of an entire angle by having Vince judge a muscle contest between Lashley and someone yet to be picked. It cracked me up and I voted it as funniest moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

That should wrap up my main event, upper mid card scene now!

Now to try get the rest of a card together, and get my head round this writing thing! Not the most creative person, but we'll give it a shot!

Really enjoying this tbh! Hat-tip to Beaker for all the organising!

Advertisement