Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 10th Annual PW Draft 2017 Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

daithi1989 wrote: »
    That should wrap up my main event, upper mid card scene now!

Now to try get the rest of a card together, and get my head round this writing thing! Not the most creative person, but we'll give it a shot!

Really enjoying this tbh! Hat-tip to Beaker for all the organising!

You've been a real thorn in my side not only did you take Harper & Rowan so I could not complete Wyatt family you have also taken Booker-T who I hoped would complete my Nation Of Domination stable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Man Daithi is killing Campo......

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

Ah sugar! Sorry Campo.. Didnt even thinking of that! Spent an hour looking for another top tier player before settling on Booker.
    Came across loads of lower midcard people and have a nice mental list of people who I'd like to have now too!

Just so Im clear, 3 minute warning went and the manager didnt, correct.....

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Just so Im clear, 3 minute warning went and the manager didnt, correct.....

Yes, but if people were to allow me take Armando also as a freebie, I would not turn it down! ;)

• Advertisement

Yes, but if people were to allow me take Armando also as a freebie, I would not turn it down! ;)

The next stip may please you so.....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Mr Nice Guy: Kurt Angle, Chad Gable and Jason Jordan (American Alpha), Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat, Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas (World's Greatest Tag Team), Rey Mysterio, Will Ospreay,

Lord TSC: Xavier Woods, Big E, Kofi Kingston (The New Day), "Broken" Matt Hardy, Vince McMahon, "Big Poppa Pump" Scott Steiner

Bounty Hunter: Hulk Hogan, Batista, Mr Perfect & Scott Hall, 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase & Stan Hansen, Kevin Nash, Andre The Giant,

Daithi1989: Sting, Randy Orton, Goldberg, Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase Jnr (Priceless), Luke Harper and Erick Rowan, Booker T,

A Brad Maddox Guy: Brock Lesnar, Mick Foley, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Shane McMahon, "The Road Dogg" Jesse James, and "The Bad Ass" Billy Gunn (The New Age Outlaws)

LeeJM: AJ Styles, Sheamus, (The LDRS) Zack Sabre Jnr & "The Villain" Marty Scurll, 'The Bruiserweight' Pete Dunne & Trent Seven (British Strong Style), Chris Hero,

Beakerjoe: Randy Savage, The Miz, Kevin Owens (Trade), Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard (The Brainbusters), Gargano and Ciampa (DIY), Brian Pillman,

Thebostoncrab: Shinsuke Nakamura, Chris Benoit, The Young Bucks, Legion of Doom, Akira Tozawa and Sami Zayn, Kyle O'Reilly and Adam Cole,

Campo: Roddy Piper, Bray Wyatt, Braun Strowman, Bobby Lashley, D'Lo Brown and The Godfather,

Paulie21: Chris Jericho, The Rock, Dolph Ziggler, The Briscoes, Alberto Del Rio, Karl Anderson and Luke (DOC) Gallows,

BrianRegan09: Owen Hart, Roman Reigns, Okada, Enzo Amore & Big Cass, Jushin Thunder Liger,

JP Liz V1: Stone Cold Steve Austin, Antonio Cesaro, Tyson Kidd, Austin Aries, Nigel McGuinness, Chyna, Beth Phoenix,

Cheese Wagstaff: Bret Hart, Seth Rollins, Jeff Hardy, Christian, John Morrison, Umaga, Rusev

Shagnastii: The Undertaker, Kane, Keiji Mutoh, William Regal & Tajiri, Ron Simmons/Faarooq, Antonio Inoki

Spongey1975: Ric Flair, CM Punk, Dean Ambrose, Christopher Daniels & Kazarian (The Addiction), Rob Van Dam, Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin (The Motor City Machine Guns)

Imnotthehulk: Daniel Bryan, "The British Bulldog" Davey Boy Smith and Dynamite Kidd (The British Bulldogs), "Glorious" Bobby Roode, "Mr Wonderful" Paul Orndorff & "Ravishing" Rick Rude, James Storm, Abyss, Jimmy Snuka, Bruiser Brody,

DM_7: Finn Bálor, John Cena, Kota Ibushi, Kenny Omega, Charlotte & Becky Lynch, Trish Stratus

Necrominus: Samoa Joe (Trade), Edge, Vader, Stephanie McMahon, Bubba Dudley/Bully Ray and D-Von Dudley (The Dudley Boyz),

Furious Red: Eddie Guerrero, Triple H (HHH), John Bradshaw Layfield (JBL), Dash & Dawson (The Revival), Wade Barrett

SlickRic: Jake 'The Snake' Roberts, (HBK) Shawn Michaels, Mitsuhara Misawa, Kenta Kobashi, Dusty Rhodes, Hideo Itami,

Liz bags Mrs Copeland. Great underrated pick......

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Beth VS Chyna is a tasty feud alright should she head in that direction...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

There is two people who I cannot believe is not gone yet (having said that I myself have no plan to draft em)

• Advertisement

I cant believe my next potential picks are still available..... scandelous how some people havent been picked up yet, but I aint complaining (yet)

Big thanks to DM_7, Necrominus for keeping the picks up to date

The next stip may please you so.....

Waits to see a rush on managers...............

DM_7 wrote: »
    Waits to see a rush on managers...............

Ah its a nice little round, nothing mad.

Oh and Im so happy to get Kevin Owens. He fits my story better than Joe and Necro is happy to get his man too. Everybody wins.

Now to book KO properly. Take note Raw Writers

Interesting trade, I think those lads are relatively interchangeable unless someone has a specific plan (as beakerjoe suggests he has). It will be good to see what ye have planned for them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

It really was a case of it suiting both parties entirely. I was scrambling around since the second round trying to work out a major storyline for KO and kept running down dead ends. Joe fits my plans in a much better way so I'm delighted to get him on board.

I agree they are very similar in many respects, I was planning on.using Joe as im going to use Kev, KO just fits better.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Pick made, PM sent

My roster and imagined fed is a lot different than I had planned only a few picks ago but adding Andre to it (especially as I've never booked him before) was def a big one that I hadn't intended which has altered a lot of my plans. The fun of changing things mid draft!

and great work on keeping the picks list updated lads as per usual ive added it to the OP of the other thread now.

Andre in the same place as the NWO!

Is round six a random order again?

Yes, we are currently in.round six. Do you mean round 7?

• Advertisement

Yes, we are currently in.round six. Do you mean round 7?

Sorry yes, I forgot we were into a new round.

I plan it to be random yes, im still trying to think of new ways to spice up the game, I future round will have a new twist on the round order. Maybe round 11 or 12.

Round 10 will be a pick average round again.

That KO / Samoa Joe trade has me interested... anyone else struggling to fit people into their feuds and looking to transfer list them or if this was American sports, place them on the waiver wire etc

The last few picks have helped me place The two guys I wasn't sure about into feuds but if other Joe/KO types were available I and I'm sure others would suddenly be interested in trades.

Joe was only available for Kevin, I wouldnt trade him for anyone else.

Can someone PM the next person please?

DM_7 wrote: »
    Can someone PM the next person please?

Pm sent

Interesting to see Trish go with Lisa's rule in effect

Also I thought one of the guns had had s world title... nice pick at this stage of the draft!

Pm sent

Interesting to see Trish go with Lisa's rule in effect

Also I thought one of the guns had had s world title... nice pick at this stage of the draft!

Thanks, we may have doubled up now, was in a dodgy reception area and i'm not sure if the PM went.

Sabin was TNA champ but that doesn't matter since the last round.

Cool for some reason I thought that was only in the last round will have to check what options that opens up when I'm home to my list of names now.

Hulk got the pm anyway and is online so another pick coming soon I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Imnotthehulk

Pick made and pm sent!

The MCMGs are a great addition to any roster.

I will say that I am open to the idea of trading people on my roster, haven't fully started making plans yet.

• Advertisement

Yeah the TNA and IWGP titles were abolished from round 6, both rules are gone from then onwards so MCMG are eligible together

Who to choose who to choose,

Advertisement