Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 10th Annual PW Draft 2017 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Not sure if I should be grateful for the stip as it helped me get Trish or not, it might have pushed me into the pick as half the established pick wad available.

Happy to have a strong female group now that I can still add to. At this rate I may be sacrificing a tag division for an increased female one.

Some really good selections flying through overall. MCMG are a group I would have picked if I was in the last five of the previous stip round. They were a strong option this round also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Interested to see where Joe goes for his next pick. I have plenty of available options for where I wanna go so not too concerned about who gets taken. Brody and Snuka is a great sneaky pick in Rd6. Personally I could never take Snuka same as Id never take Benoit but thats just me. I do think the diversity of the rosters is the best in the 3-4 years of the Draft I have seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

And there goes Andre, someone who I could not believe was not drafted yet and also my planned pick of Bruiser Brody is also gone
    All my plans are slowly going down the toilet

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Was hoping MCMG would slip through so i could have them against The Revival

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Pick made, delighted to get Pillman so late in the day, wanted him last round but the stip knocked that idea on the head and assumed Id miss out.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Really surprised he lasted this long given his history in the draft, I almost took him this round. Pillman is a great pick

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Depending on how my next few picks go, Benoit MIGHT be available to trade

Really surprised he lasted this long given his history in the draft, I almost took him this round. Pillman is a great pick

I couldnt believe he didnt go in round 1 (he was eligible). I took Arn and Tully over him in round 4 and assumed he would be gone shortly after. Didnt wanna get my hopes up until he got to me but Im so happy. 3 feuds sewn up now.

Love that pick from Joe. Cant wait to see where he goes with Pillman. Hope he does a tonne of promos

DM_7 wrote: »
    Not sure if I should be grateful for the stip as it helped me get Trish or not, it might have pushed me into the pick as half the established pick wad available.

Happy to have a strong female group now that I can still add to. At this rate I may be sacrificing a tag division for an increased female one.

Some really good selections flying through overall. MCMG are a group I would have picked if I was in the last five of the previous stip round. They were a strong option this round also.

I did the same last year, it seemed to work out ok. I had 6 females and 3 matches. I got lucky with the tag teams tho as DIY werent as big then as they were now and my other tag team some how went undrafted until round 15.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'll have my pick up shortly.

MNG and TBC, Both online so, MPS (More picks shortly)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Imnotthehulk

Pillman is a great pick, for some reason I had completely forgotten about him!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

While I had no plans to draft him 2 years in a row I can't believe Pillman lasted so long. Out of everybody in wrestling I honestly feel like he is the only one who has risen in stature for me personally as a direct result of how he has previously been booked in the Draft.

You booked him brilliantly last year, loved how you never quite knew what was going on with him side by side with the Chaos power struggle.

Moneymaker did a great job with him and Cena too, cant remember who had his previous to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Pick made and PM sent. I'm not a smoker but I need a cigarette right now. :pac:

That reference is lost on me.

Thank christ Ospreay is gone. I had no plans for him but I dunno how much longer I could have ignored him. He is a ready made main eventer

I'm actually out and about, could someone PM the next person for me please?

I think Lee is next and online here now

edit: pmd him anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,733 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I keep forgetting TNA world title not valid anymore, would have loved to have got the MCMGs, great tag pick

Not many ladies going in this round

I know there are still much "bigger" names available, but Adam Cole is incredibly important to my plans and I couldn't risk losing him later on. Plus the added bonus of getting the under rated Kyle O Reilly helps bolster my mid card.

Another great pick in Tazz & Sabu and another that I would have taken if they had lasted till my next pick but they clearly would have been gone by then.

Pick is in and PM sent to Shagnastii. I have been going back and forward all day on whether to take Taz & Sabu again. I wanted some continuity of guys from last year and they fit the role of a bada$$ team also.

Another great pick in Tazz & Sabu and another that I would have taken if they had lasted till my next pick but they clearly would have been gone by then.

Really glad I took them now then :D

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I keep forgetting TNA world title not valid anymore, would have loved to have got the MCMGs, great tag pick

Not many ladies going in this round

We could have a surge of ladies the next round, but Trish and Beth going means that their might be other destinations for their usual tag partner picks

Really like the stip for next round a big round of applause to Beakerjoe who has done a great job so far running the draft (even if I have had rotten luck so far in the draws)

I don't think its been that bad in terms of round placement, I think more rotten luck in terms of who has been before you. (Mainly Daithi ha)

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I don't think its been that bad in terms of round placement, I think more rotten luck in terms of who has been before you. (Mainly Daithi ha)

Oh thats what I meant it's the folks in front of me that has hurt my roster but I am happy so far with who I got

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,733 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

campo wrote: »
    Really like the stip for next round a big round of applause to Beakerjoe who has done a great job so far running the draft (even if I have had rotten luck so far in the draws)

giphy.gif

Advertisement