Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 10th Annual PW Draft 2017 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Yup Joe is running things very well and everything has gone smoothly so far imo. I also think we are doing very well in terms of speed. Entering rd 7 and we have only been going a little more than 2 weeks. Of course I expect a slow down in latter weeks but still good going so far and even if it does slow down great as then we will be at the stage where maybe we can start writing.

another 2 great picks just gone that again im striking off my list. Gallows and Anderson haven't been booked well in the WWE so far but if anything that just means that you can do it better and impress the Club fans on here with how you use them. I had Inoki before too and he can be very good to write for. If I had taken him it might have been with a tag partner but thats a guy that probably wouldn't fit anyone elses roster anyway.

after a few not so great draws in the first 4 rounds ive now got a few nice ones which is good obviously, that said I feel MNG & Slick (who are both directly above me)are the 2 most likely guys who might take the guys top of my list for the next round.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I was really tempted by Gallows and Anderson last round, but opted for Steiner instead. Think they could be great if used right. Nice pick :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Well considering I had planned on taking a lot of people who have never been drafted/rarely drafted I fear this next round may ruin my plans :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Oh well it depends, if you want to PM me any names you had in mind?

When I say wrestlers and tag teams, they are mostly names people would be familar with, but that yet arent worth drafting. Eg old WWE/WCW/ECW names that never did much but were above jobber status.

If the names you plan drafting are from the current indy scene, no need to worry.

Thanks for all the nice posts lads, but the pleasure has been all mine. Its been fun and exciting running the comp this year. I hope the stips havent been too restictive, I planned on making them fresh but not too restrictive as to hinder guys in the game or make it less fun. I think mainly the 2nd round stip was perhaps too restrictive to those in the later part of the round, but I feel the rest of the stips did well.

Overall, looking at rosters, while I have my own few I like in particular, theres no standout as to who has the best. The speed if the picks has also been quick, which has made me scramble to get round orders sorted a bit, but thats a good thing. So not only does this make teh game move quicker, I feel its an indication of how many people will submit shows and PPVs this year as everyone is eager to get rosters sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Nearly ready for my pick , Just wanted to send a PM to BeakerJoe with regards to my next pick

Pick made and PM'd Brad Maddox

Great pick by red, sorry your other pick didnt work but in my opinion, this is much better. Almost took them last round

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Great pick by red, sorry your other pick didnt work but in my opinion, this is much better. Almost took them last round

Yea tbh i had totally forgot about them and then a clip of TNA came up on the youtube with them in it. Had to go through the pick thread because i would have presumed they were gone , so delighted they were not :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Knew Warrior wouldn't make it to me. But a man can still hope!

• Advertisement

Didn't know when but he had to go soon, will be interesting to see who he is paired with.

I wish Lord TSC drafted warrior, all bonkers picks should be close to broken Matt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Pick made, PM sent. Really like that Wolves pick, a feud with The Revival would be really good.

Delighted to get Ultimate Warrior so late, I considered taking him a few times but couldn't work out a feud. Now I'll just need to get my hands on some cocaine if I'm do to these promos right :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I wish Lord TSC drafted warrior, all bonkers picks should be close to broken Matt

He was on my list :P

I've got a list of people, but I reckon most will last a few rounds. It's trying to figure out if there's any "big" name left that fits the character base I have.

Pick up and PM sent to Brian. Glad to get this one over the line for continuity purposes. Top of my card complete now, time to fill the undercard!!

While I would of loved to have picked him , im delighted you got him . He ended last year as tge force to be reckoned with Curious to see how he follows up this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

I have spent most of this afternoon getting graphics done for the majority of my PPV. Hopefully I can get the picks now so I can use them :pac::pac:

beakerjoe wrote:
    While I would of loved to have picked him , im delighted you got him . He ended last year as tge force to be reckoned with Curious to see how he follows up this year

I knew I was chancing it leaving it any longer. Had another path mapped out without him but decided against it in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Can't believe my pick got through to me O_O

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Will my pick actually get to me (I better check if he is still available actually)

• Advertisement

Quick question about the stip Joe: if someone picks for example 12B I presume that number is then out of commission? Or could I then come along and select 12D?

Pick up would someone mind sending a PM to next person please

campo wrote:
    Pick up would someone mind sending a PM to next person please

Done. Seeing as he just made a pick Ric should be hanging about somewhere!!

Delighted to get Mark Henry I was surprised that he was still available tbh

Necrominus wrote: »
    Quick question about the stip Joe: if someone picks for example 12B I presume that number is then out of commission? Or could I then come along and select 12D?

12B would be gone....12D however is fine and can be picked

Same applies to 13A and 14A, there are 80 combinations, 8o bonuses up for grabs. 20 will go.

WELL DUNNE SLICK WELL DUNNE :D:D:D

Only 1 before me so I gotta choose between the top pick I almost picked in the last two rounds and the choice thatd perfectly fit my roster but could still be available in the next round.

With a Nation being created being able to get Mark Henry on board is a great pick especially as Hall Of Pain Henry would be great in a NOD

Only 1 before me so I gotta choose between the top pick I almost picked in the last two rounds and the choice thatd perfectly fit my roster but could still be available in the next round.

With a Nation being created being able to get Mark Henry on board is a great pick especially as Hall Of Pain Henry would be great in a NOD

Plus gives me the option of going strongman vs strongman

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'll have my pick up shortly.

• Advertisement

I'll have my pick up shortly.

Ignore that pm so Joe i'll do it myself and hang around Campo cos your after me again :D

Advertisement