Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 10th Annual PW Draft 2017 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Cheers BH for taking my planned picks , there goes my Wyatt Family stable

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Terry Funk is a great pick especially at this point for MNG

Also very happy to get not only my IRS/Dan Spivey pick but that Horace Hogan bonus is a nice one as everyone needs a jobber and who better than a forner NWO member with Hogan in his name for my roster.

edit: oops sorry Campo... Trade you for Bray :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Another update as the picks are moving fairly rapidly now:

Mr Nice Guy: Kurt Angle, Chad Gable and Jason Jordan (American Alpha), Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat, Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas (World's Greatest Tag Team), Rey Mysterio, Will Ospreay, Terry Funk, Todd Pettengill

Lord TSC: Xavier Woods, Big E, Kofi Kingston (The New Day), "Broken" Matt Hardy, Vince McMahon, "Big Poppa Pump" Scott Steiner, The Big Show

Bounty Hunter: Hulk Hogan, Batista, Mr Perfect & Scott Hall, 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase & Stan Hansen, Kevin Nash, Andre The Giant, Mike 'IRS' Rotunda & Dan 'Waylon Mercy' Spivey, Horace Hogan

Daithi1989: Sting, Randy Orton, Goldberg, Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase Jnr (Priceless), Luke Harper and Erick Rowan, Booker T,

A Brad Maddox Guy: Brock Lesnar, Mick Foley, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Shane McMahon, "The Road Dogg" Jesse James, and "The Bad Ass" Billy Gunn (The New Age Outlaws), The Ultimate Warrior

LeeJM: AJ Styles, Sheamus, (The LDRS) Zack Sabre Jnr & "The Villain" Marty Scurll, 'The Bruiserweight' Pete Dunne & Trent Seven (British Strong Style), Chris Hero, Chris Hero, Tazz & Sabu

Beakerjoe: Randy Savage, The Miz, Kevin Owens (Trade), Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard (The Brainbusters), Gargano and Ciampa (DIY), Brian Pillman

Thebostoncrab: Shinsuke Nakamura, Chris Benoit, The Young Bucks, Legion of Doom, Akira Tozawa and Sami Zayn, Kyle O'Reilly & Adam Cole

Campo: Roddy Piper, Bray Wyatt, Braun Strowman, Bobby Lashley, D'Lo Brown and The Godfather, Mark Henry

Paulie21: Chris Jericho, The Rock, Dolph Ziggler, The Briscoes, Alberto Del Rio, Karl 'Doc' Anderson and Luke Gallows (The Club)

BrianRegan09: Owen Hart, Roman Reigns, Okada, Enzo Amore & Big Cass, Jushin Thunder Liger, Paul Heyman

JP Liz V1: Stone Cold Steve Austin, Antonio Cesaro, Tyson Kidd, Austin Aries, Nigel McGuinness, Chyna, Beth Phoenix,

Cheese Wagstaff: Bret Hart, Seth Rollins, Jeff Hardy, Christian, John Morrison, Umaga & Rosey,

Shagnastii: The Undertaker, Kane, Keiji Mutoh, William Regal & Tajiri, Ron Simmons/Faarooq, Antonio Inoki

Spongey1975: Ric Flair, CM Punk, Dean Ambrose, Christopher Daniels & Kazarian (The Addiction), Rob Van Dam, Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin (The Motor City Machine Guns)

Imnotthehulk: Daniel Bryan, "The British Bulldog" Davey Boy Smith and Dynamite Kidd (The British Bulldogs), "Glorious" Bobby Roode, "Mr Wonderful" Paul Orndorff & "Ravishing" Rick Rude, James Storm & Abyss, Jimmy 'Superfly' Snuka & Bruiser Brody

DM_7: Finn Bálor, John Cena, Kota Ibushi, Kenny Omega, Charlotte & Becky Lynch, Rusev, Trish Stratus

Necrominus: Samoa Joe (Trade), Edge, Vader, Stephanie McMahon, Bubba Dudley/Bully Ray and D-Von Dudley (The Dudley Boyz), Muhammad Hassan

Furious Red: Eddie Guerrero, Triple H (HHH), John Bradshaw Layfield (JBL), Dash & Dawson (The Revival), Wade Barrett, Eddie Edwards & Davey Richards (American Wolves)

SlickRic: Jake 'The Snake' Roberts, (HBK) Shawn Michaels, Mitsuhara Misawa, Kenta Kobashi, Dusty Rhodes, Hideo Itami, Jerry 'The King' Lawler, Ricky Morton & Robert Gibson (The Rock'N'Roll Express), Timothy Well & Steven Dunn (Well Dunn)

PM Sent to Beaker just to check if my pick would be valid

You went believe me but I was a millisecond from taking the Godwins to add em to Wyatt stable so I am delighted with that bonus pick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

They have been ignored by the draft in the last 5 years. Never fancied them myself, and clearly other's havent either. But delighted you will find a use for them

• Registered Users Posts: 18,014 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Pick in and PM sent to Furious

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Sad to see Sasha taken. I've never gotten the chance to write for her. I'd say she's fun to use and she can be used as a face or heel.

Sad to see Sasha taken. I've never gotten the chance to write for her. I'd say she's fun to use and she can be used as a face or heel.

I too am sad to see her go, wouldnt of minded having her again and no surprise to see her go. She helped me so much last year

Right Im off to bed for the night, if any picks do go during the night, there is no need to wait for bonus picks. Simply add your code (eg 12B, 7D etc) to the end of your pick and I will update the bonus picks in the morning.

• Advertisement

Damn you Furious Red... Lita was my top pick this round...

Great to see Lita and Trish being on different rosters this year, as is to see Becky and Sasha on different shows. The reason for the womens title stip in round six was to mix things up a bit and see some diversity in the rosters from last year. Seeing Trish and Lita go together every year did very little for each character but now that they are apart, things will hopefully be more interesting.

My own dilemma for this round is do I take the best available pick who I may have no plan for or a lower value pick who might be worth throwing into my story.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Great to see Lita and Trish being on different rosters this year, as is to see Becky and Sasha on different shows. The reason for the womens title stip in round six was to mix things up a bit and see some diversity in the rosters from last year. Seeing Trish and Lita go together every year did very little for each character but now that they are apart, things will hopefully be more interesting.

I actually think in future years it might be a good idea to treat the women's championships in a similar fashion to the men's world title rule. Would certainly give every roster a chance of getting a top female star or two. The rule could be dropped after a certain point similar to how certain titles were abolished this year.

Necrominus wrote: »
    I actually think in future years it might be a good idea to treat the women's championships in a similar fashion to the men's world title rule. Would certainly give every roster a chance of getting a top female star or two. The rule could be dropped after a certain point similar to how certain titles were abolished this year.

I agree. It may be pointless in early rounds (unless your TBC) as few women go before round 5. I thought having the stip this year for round six would at least test the waters.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,734 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I agree. It may be pointless in early rounds (unless your TBC) as few women go before round 5. I thought having the stip this year for round six would at least test the waters.

Was the stip only for round 6 or for remainder of rounds like TNA world title?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Was the stip only for round 6 or for remainder of rounds like TNA world title?

Th female world title stip was for round 6 only. From now on I wanna be as nonrestrictive as a I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Sorry bout the delay folks I've been hectic in work all day and have only got the chance to post there now.

Can somebody please mail the next person. I'm working off the mobile.

Hey Joe. I saw my pick. Can I actually choose my number I forgot to place it after my draft? I was meaning to put 13D after my selection.

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Sorry bout the delay folks I've been hectic in work all day and have only got the chance to post there now.

Hey Joe. I saw my pick. Can I actually choose my number I forgot to place it after my draft? I was meaning to put 13D after my selection.

PM sent for you.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Will work on my pick now :)

The Pre-70s rule is gone, yeah? Think I know who I want, but wanted to check that.

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    The Pre-70s rule is gone, yeah? Think I know who I want, but wanted to check that.

Yep been abolished for a couple of rounds now...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

All kinds of love for that pick Lord TSC!

Pick up and PM sent. Really wanted Lita this round but happy with my choice... sorry if you had plans afoot for them again Joe

ShagNastii wrote: »

Did you not select number 2B, or did my eyes decieve me?

Really happy with that bonus pick actually. Will fit nicely into my planned storyline...

Did you not select number 2B, or did my eyes decieve me?

You actually didnt, Im up to my eyeballs busy and Ive no idea where I saw 2B. The joys of juggling the draft and a sleepy 2 year old.

You can stick with the pick I gave you, or you can roll the dice with the number above, your choice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I'll have my pick up soon, struggling to decide whether to play it safe with a pick I'd be confident of booking or one I don't know particularly well but plays into the fantasy aspect a bit better.

I'll have my pick up soon, struggling to decide whether to play it safe with a pick I'd be confident of booking or one I don't know particularly well but plays into the fantasy aspect a bit better.

Go with your heart Brad

Manutaur is better than I could have hoped for :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Im happy with Jesus

Advertisement