Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 10th Annual PW Draft 2017 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

daithi1989 wrote: »
    And there goes the 2 boys I mentioned a few min ago! Enquired wit Joe a few rounds back and kept leaving them and leaving them!

Damn you DM7!

Oops. Ah well, if you picked them this time round I would have went with AJ Lee and Kaitlyn!

The last three names/combos on my list were Asuka, AJ Lee plus Kaitlyn and Naito.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,734 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ok if I throw my pick up in the morning?

Have a few things on at home need to sort out asap

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Was hoping for a Lita vs AJ feud

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Ok if I throw my pick up in the morning?

Have a few things on at home need to sort out asap

Of course. Hope everything is okay.
    Was hoping for a Lita vs AJ feud

Was thinking Becky v AJ myself

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Was happy with my no.3 (best i've had) pick last round but getting 17 this round, leading to what a 33 pick gap, has lead to my list of "wants" being decimated. Time for a plan B undercard.

• Advertisement

Fair play beakerjoe, you keep finding people that link in with people's roster.

I can use Dr Tom as a trainer in my already mentioned PC. I think Jimmy will have to go to my hall of fame.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Was happy with my no.3 (best i've had) pick last round but getting 17 this round, leading to what a 33 pick gap, has lead to my list of "wants" being decimated. Time for a plan B undercard.

I feel in similar way to yourself. A low draw in the next round is killing me but to be honest DM_7 already killed me with his Neville / Corey Graves pick.

Daithi did enquire a few rounds back as to their availability around round 5/6 so I assumed they were gone sharply. However they never went and continued to never go and until the last pick of Asuka, it was either her or them. I had a lovely little story for them too.

But Asuka was more important to me and Im glad I got her now since you were waiting to pounce DM_7

Also theres no link, Its all random. I dont see a link to your roster with the HBs until you mentioned Dr Tom. I just listed guys who never got picked by anyone in the last few years.

I will say one thing from looking at the rosters so far, Theres not a bad one to be seen. I can see value in all the rosters this year and it will make the best roster gong a hard one to decide.

I will admit to looking strange at LeeJMs early Progress/OTT picks. I assumed he could of snapped them up in later rounds easily, but I can now see why he did it.

Pete Dunne is a star and a man Id push to the top of my show. Looking at him on Sunday, Id love to see him and Angle face each other (I think they may have already). Hes just a bonafide star in the making and an early candidate for underrated pick of the year..

I know there is no actual link, I just find it inpressive that you came up with a random slection that people ended up finding links for.

Much like Rusev, I had to pick Neville and Graves when they were still available. They were at the head of my list but with a resist note (as had them before) if alternates were available, but the alternates went first.

DM_7 wrote: »
    I know there is no actual link, I just find it inpressive that you came up with a random slection that people ended up finding links for.

Much like Rusev, I had to pick Neville and Graves when they were still available. They were at the head of my list but with a resist note (as had them before) if alternates were available, but the alternates went first.

Id love them, would they be tradeable in time?

• Advertisement

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Id love them, would they be tradeable in time?

Maybe. I am not going to be a bollix if someone really needs them.

I was going to pick then two rounds ago but left them out there to give someone else a chance. I had them four drafts ago now I think. I would need someone similar (To Neville anyway) to consider a trade though.

Maybe. I am not going to be a bollix if someone really needs them.

I was going to pick then two rounds ago but left them out there to give someone else a chance. I had them four drafts ago now I think. I would need someone similar (To Neville anyway) to consider a trade though.

We may talk in the future good sir.

By the way 4 drafts ago is ages ago, Nevilles a different guy in many respects now and I dont think anyone would begrudge you holding onto them

Apologies for the delay will have my pick up soon

Pick again Liz,

1A is unavailable, as is:

3D,
    4D
    4A
    5C
    19C
    2B
    20D
    3A
    8A
    9D
    1D
    10C
    3B
    1b
    14c
    7D
    4D

20A

Your pick is waiting for you in the picks thread Liz

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Your pick is waiting for you in the picks thread Liz

Thanks Joe I think she could work maybe with the Colons

Thanks Joe I think she could work maybe with the Colons

I forgot about her completely until I did my research. She was very under rated as a character.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Again, "bigger" names available, but after the past 2 years he has had there is no way I could pass on Shibata

Whom ever faces Shibata, faces a fight.....GREAT PICK!

• Advertisement

Shibata (and a friend) are another former selection I made that I tagged as 'resist'.

Glad he is gone so I don't have the dilemma on picking him or not this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Apologies lady and gents. Second day back in work and no time to post while working. Pick is incoming

Glad you got that pick before someone else made it!

Glad you got that pick before someone else made it!

I knew it was a now or never pick with Tyler. At the start I was thinking I would get him later hence why I took Pete and Trent as the team early. But after the weekend I knew I had to take him now. Delighted to have the full compliment of BSS now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Imnotthehulk

Pick made and pm sent!

Just wanna add I love my bonus pick and a fun little idea in mind for Screamin' Norman

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Just noticed I seem to be glued to Lord TSC in the round orders recently... have been after him the last 3 rounds in a row

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Pick made and pm sent!

Ah my planned pick out the window (you open to trades at any stage for em)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Imnotthehulk

campo wrote: »
    Ah my planned pick out the window (you open to trades at any stage for em)

I'm always open to trades! :D

And on that note I'd like to say myself and Brianregan09 have traded Bruce Hart for Lord Alfred Hayes.

I hope it's cool that I edited my pick post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

So why keep shouting Adam Coles name?

Advertisement