Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 10th Annual PW Draft 2017 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

No one new yet and 10 spots filled so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Tis 20 participants ain't it?

Yes Shag, its 20 places. So we have 12 so far after 3 hours of the thread being open, which is 2 more people than this time last year. Some regulars like Walt, Liz and brian Regan havent signed up yet and others like the returning Campo hasnt appeared either, so if you want in, go quick to the sign up thread.

No new blood yet either as all 12 are draft alumni so far

Mr Nice Guy
    Lord TSC
    Bounty Hunter
    BeakerJoe
    LeeJM
    DM_7
    thebostoncrab
    Paulie21
    ABradMaddoxGuy
    Shagnasti
    Necrominus
    Imnotthehulk

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Be a pity if there were no newbies always think it's great seeing debutants and their take on the draft.

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Be a pity if there were no newbies always think it's great seeing debutants and their take on the draft.

We had a load of new participants last year. Cheese, Lee, Paulie, PTH2009, Necrominus and Imnothulk, and IMO they all had fantastic contributions. Many have already returned this year, so Im delighted with that.

I did PM others like Slickric, Raf32 (Alfred Borden now), Spongy and others too from recent drafts of the past, so hopefully we can have the best draft yet this year.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I believe BrianRegan's yo on the other thread may have been his version of I'm in

You are indeed correct BH, Brian and I posted at the same time hence how i missed it. Jurassic Park

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Really looking forward to this now. The notepad is coming out tonight to start compiling lists! I've had a few ideas in mind since last year - which will probably all go out the window in the first few draft picks!!!

Necrominus wrote: »
    Really looking forward to this now. The notepad is coming out tonight to start compiling lists! I've had a few ideas in mind since last year - which will probably all go out the window in the first few draft picks!!!

IIRC, you picked up someones roster after round 3 or so and did a great job with your main stars, which makes me wonder what you could do with your own picks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

I had a light bulb idea for what Im booking this year and Im gonna be so pissed off if I dont get the guys I need to pull it off. I dont necessarily need huge stars but I need a certain type of star....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Yep sorry was only on my phone hence the short responce I'm in !

beakerjoe wrote:
    IIRC, you picked up someones roster after round 3 or so and did a great job with your main stars, which makes me wonder what you could do with your own picks.

Trying to follow up on my best newcomer award could be a tough ask!

I think it was after round 3. To be fair, I traded two out of three of the picks I didn't make so it pretty much was my roster, but I'm definitely more excited about building from day one this time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Unlike the last two years I have no idea what I'm going to do for my roster so it's back to year 1 for me and coming up with plans after I've picked people. Looking forward to getting started, think Beaker will throw up some interesting stips.

With two old war horses of the draft (Sorry Furious Red / Campo) returning, we have 17. I'm going to post the Picks Thread in the next few minutes and wait until 12pm today to post the first round. So be there around then so we can start with a little speed perhaps.

The first and second round will be Stip Rounds guys, so if anyone is thinking about signing up after the first round draw is made (presumably with 17 players), a low draw in round 1 will not be the end of the world as round 2 will be reverse order as well, so there will be loads of top names excluded from round 1 therefore round 2 will have just as many top tier guys available.

Good luck guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Joe how many rounds are we looking at having this year?

15 my man

Delighted that both Spongey and Cheese have signed up, both great drafters who will only add to the competition.

Ill post the round 1 order and Stip in at 12, give it an hour to see if anyone takes the final spot.

And if BH or Lord TSC could sticky the Picks Thread, that would be great!

Also if they could change the title to 2017, that would be much appreciated....DOH!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

e2a2867889e74c20da4a0df38be0ed388954d868c04d83d2e60040df15edc3c0.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Imnotthehulk

Is it sad how hyped up about this I am?

Not even slightly:D I'm the same!!

• Advertisement

Ha I'm sure Im more excited. Its easily my favourite thing on Boards every year.

Almost 12 bells guys, so Ill post the first round order and Stip. Get ready!

And We are Off ..........
    The round order for this round is as follows :
    1. ABradMaddoxGuy
    2. Shagnasti
    3. Mr Nice Guy
    4. LeeJM
    5. Necrominus
    6. ImnottheHulk
    7. BeakerJoe
    8. TBC
    9. Bounty Hunter
    10. DM_7
    11. JP Liz
    12. Campo
    13. Furious Red
    14. Spongey1975
    15. Lord TSC
    16. Brian Regan
    17. Daithi1989
    18. CheeseWagstaff
    19. Paulie21

If anyone signs up they will be automatically assigned number 20

Be aware, round 2 will be a Reverse Order Round meaning, if you draw number 1 this round, you will automatically draw 20th in the round 2 and pick number 20 will draw first next round, with 19th this round picking second and so on....

If no one spot, pick 19th this round will draw first next round.

Also be aware the next round will also have a Stipulation attached

Let the games begin!

I am already concerned about getting my next pick... love it! doubt the guy I wanted will last to no.9 this round but that 2nd stip, really curious to see who that opens up for selection I might not have considered.

Let the games begin!

I am already concerned about getting my next pick... love it! doubt the guy I wanted will last to no.9 this round but that 2nd stip, really curious to see who that opens up for selection I might not have considered.

Theres a great selection IMO available this round, I like you am already resigning myself to not getting who i want, but sure thats the fun part.

My first pick last year was never in my plans that year but he was the superstar of my draft in the end.

ABMG has been PMd and I would ask that once Picks are made that you PM the guy after you in the round order.

Also from here on in, please don't mention any wrestlers names or potential picks. Accidents happen (I should know) but lets keeps mentions of wrestlers until after they are drafted.

5th - Noice!! Have a number of top choices in mind first round and now to wikipedia to see if they qualify.... hopeful of one of the three of them falling through to me.... Here we go again!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Unlucky 13 in this round , Cant wait to get started

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Imnotthehulk

I had completely mis read the stipulation and thought everyone was open to pick! Have reread it now, that's a good stipulation.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

As a newcomer, I nearly know the answer, but just to 100%.. Once someone is drafted, they're gone from competition altogether, or just for that one stip?

Once drafted they are exclusive to that draftees roster. I like the stip and keep finding more and more big names available, who knows maybe my top pick would make it cos there are several I would be essentially just as happy with.

• Advertisement

daithi1989 wrote: »
    As a newcomer, I nearly know the answer, but just to 100%.. Once someone is drafted, they're gone from competition altogether, or just for that one stip?

Once a wrestler is drafted, they are exclusive to that drafties roster.

IE. I draft Iron Mike Sharpe (Im using a jobber for the example as to not mention a name of someone that might actually be drafted.)

Iron Mike is now mine and only I can use him. That wrestler is only going to appear on my show. He wont appear on anyone else show as its against the rules. I can use him at the peak of his career or as a young up and comer or as a veteran old timer or any way I see fit. If he has had multiple gimmicks or name changes, its up to me which one I use. No one else can draft him under a different name or gimmick.

Advertisement