Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 10th Annual PW Draft 2017 Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Just waiting on confirmation of eligibility. I had Kendrick on my list so that makes the next one a bit easier to make. That youtube link isn't working for me TBC?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Just waiting on confirmation of eligibility. I had Kendrick on my list so that makes the next one a bit easier to make. That youtube link isn't working for me TBC?

Should work now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Some inspired picks dropping tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

Decided to make a list today at work of potential people to draft.. I'm marked 3 people off already wit mvp, mr kennedy and now sandow!
    This is why I had no written list until now!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

DM7 knows how to please me with simpson gifs. Tute on son..... tute on

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

beakerjoe wrote: »
    ABMG knows how to please me with simpson gifs. Tute on son..... tute on

200_s.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,299 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I was hoping Drew would last till next round

simpsons-awkward-collar-pull-o.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

tumblr_lraknh2Drz1qmvdpl.gif

I challenge everyone to put a subtle Simpsons reference into one of your fed's storylines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I've found in past Drafts that by around Rounds 7 & 8 things start to become a little clearer in terms of voting for best rosters i.e. while it's too early to choose your 1st & 2nd etc you generally have an idea of which rosters stand a good chance of getting into your top 5 barring any surprises. Of course there's usually strong picks towards the end to allow someone to break into the top 5 but the foundations are already there in most cases.

This year I can honestly say I haven't a clue who's going to be getting Roster Points, there are no stand-out rosters imo because every single one is strong in terms of star power, name status, wrestling ability, promos, fantasy feud potential & diversity as well as real life links. We could be voting for 10 rosters and I still wouldn't have a notion who to pick. Wouldn't be surprised if everybody scores points this year and while the best writing usually wins out anyway, at this early stage I expect it to be the deciding factor by some margin.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Hard to believe Bockwinkel was still available and with a tag partner too he is a great get at this stage

ShagNastii wrote: »
    I challenge everyone to put a subtle Simpsons reference into one of your fed's storylines.

Challenge accepted.

Was hoping the big guy would sneak through to me.... After his release and interviews/podcasts after, hes a much more interesting character now and Id love to write for him. Kudos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Pick is up. Am on mobile so can somebody pm next draftee for me. Thanks

LeeJM wrote: »
    Pick is up. Am on mobile so can somebody pm next draftee for me. Thanks

Will do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Sorry to ask, but are the Kings of The North eligible?

Sorry to ask, but are the Kings of The North eligible?

Already on it, sadly they arent. I'll be informing Lee

I had Rybaxel in mind also because I have Perfect and secondly cos the big Guy could be fun to write for

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Already on it, sadly they arent. I'll be informing Lee

Why not?

Corvin was on an NWA Ireland show and Bonesaw was on an NWA Scotland show (maybe more but stopped checking after I saw that one).

• Advertisement

DM_7 wrote: »
    Why not?

Corvin was on an NWA Ireland show and Bonesaw was on an NWA Scotland show (maybe more but stopped checking after I saw that one).

I didnt spot those, on cagematch I saw a lot of OTT and FFPW obviously, link me up DM_7

DM_7 wrote: »
    Why not?

Well Ill be a monkeys uncle, both had 1 appearance each under the NWA banner.

That makes them ok in my book, cheers DM_7

Looking on my phone earlier I could not see any NWA or otherwise promotions. But while looking on the desktop in work, I see both just..... just make it. The picks stands and Lee can ignore my PM

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Another update:

Left to pick this round:
    9. Cheese Wagstaff
    10. Furious Red
    11. Lord TSC
    12. Necrominus
    13. Campo
    14. Paulie21
    15. Shagnasti
    16. Spongey1975
    17. Bounty Hunter
    18. Beakerjoe
    19. Daithi1989
    20. Mr Nice Guy

Mr Nice Guy: Kurt Angle, Chad Gable and Jason Jordan (American Alpha), Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat, Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas (World's Greatest Tag Team), Rey Mysterio, Will Ospreay, Terry Funk, Todd Pettengill

Lord TSC: Xavier Woods, Big E, Kofi Kingston (The New Day), "Broken" Matt Hardy, Vince McMahon, "Big Poppa Pump" Scott Steiner, The Big Show, The Iron Shiek, Mantaur

Bounty Hunter: Hulk Hogan, Batista, Mr Perfect & Scott Hall, 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase & Stan Hansen, Kevin Nash, Andre The Giant, Mike 'IRS' Rotunda & Dan 'Waylon Mercy' Spivey, Horace Hogan

Daithi1989: Sting, Randy Orton, Goldberg, Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase Jnr (Priceless), Luke Harper and Erick Rowan, Booker T, AJ Lee & Kaitlyn (The Chickbusters), Captain Lou Albano

A Brad Maddox Guy: Brock Lesnar, Mick Foley, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Shane McMahon, "The Road Dogg" Jesse James, and "The Bad Ass" Billy Gunn (The New Age Outlaws), The Ultimate Warrior, Rich Swann & Ricochet, Ludvig Borga, Damien Sandow & Tye Dillinger

LeeJM: AJ Styles, Sheamus, (The LDRS) Zack Sabre Jnr & "The Villain" Marty Scurll, 'The Bruiserweight' Pete Dunne & Trent Seven (British Strong Style), Chris Hero, Chris Hero, Tazz & Sabu, Tyler Bate, Norman Smiley, Kings of The North

Beakerjoe: Randy Savage, The Miz, Kevin Owens (Trade), Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard (The Brainbusters), Gargano and Ciampa (DIY), Brian Pillman, Asuka, Clarence Mason

Thebostoncrab: Shinsuke Nakamura, Chris Benoit, The Young Bucks, Legion of Doom, Akira Tozawa and Sami Zayn, Kyle O'Reilly & Adam Cole, Katsuyori Shibata, Nicole Bass, THE Brian Kendrick & Low Ki

Campo: Roddy Piper, Bray Wyatt, Braun Strowman, Bobby Lashley, D'Lo Brown and The Godfather, Mark Henry, 'Dr Death' Steve Williams & Kevin Sullivan, The Godwinns

Paulie21: Chris Jericho, The Rock, Dolph Ziggler, The Briscoes, Alberto Del Rio, Karl 'Doc' Anderson and Luke Gallows (The Club), Sasha Banks, Bertha Faye

BrianRegan09: Owen Hart, Roman Reigns, Okada, Enzo Amore & Big Cass, Jushin Thunder Liger, Paul Heyman, Tetsuaya Naito & Yujiro Takahashi, Bruce Hart (Trade), Leo Kruger

JP Liz V1: Stone Cold Steve Austin, Antonio Cesaro, Tyson Kidd, Austin Aries, Nigel McGuinness, Chyna, Beth Phoenix, Carlito & Primo, Nidia, Ryback & Curtis Axel (Rybaxel)

Cheese Wagstaff: Bret Hart, Seth Rollins, Jeff Hardy, Christian, John Morrison, Umaga & Rosey, Meng & The Barbarian, Matt Cappotelli

Shagnastii: The Undertaker, Kane, Keiji Mutoh, William Regal & Tajiri, Ron Simmons/Faarooq, Antonio Inoki, 'PS' Michael Hayes & Terry 'Bam Bam' Gordy (The Fabulous Freebirds), Rodney Mack

Spongey1975: Ric Flair, CM Punk, Dean Ambrose, Christopher Daniels & Kazarian (The Addiction), Rob Van Dam, Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin (The Motor City Machine Guns) Ax & Smash (Demolition), Midajah

Imnotthehulk: Daniel Bryan, "The British Bulldog" Davey Boy Smith and Dynamite Kidd (The British Bulldogs), "Glorious" Bobby Roode, "Mr Wonderful" Paul Orndorff & "Ravishing" Rick Rude, James Storm & Abyss, Jimmy 'Superfly' Snuka & Bruiser Brody, Jeff Jarrett, Lord Alfred Hayes (Trade), MVP & Ken Anderson

DM_7: Finn Bálor, John Cena, Kota Ibushi, Kenny Omega, Charlotte & Becky Lynch, Rusev, Trish Stratus, Adrian Neville & Corey Graves, 'The Giggalo' Jimmy Del Ray & 'The Doctor' Tom Pritchard, 'The Chosen One' Drew Galloway/McIntyre

Necrominus: Samoa Joe (Trade), Edge, Vader, Stephanie McMahon, Bubba Dudley/Bully Ray and D-Von Dudley (The Dudley Boyz), Muhammad Hassan, Bayley & Emma, Ranjin Singh

Furious Red: Eddie Guerrero, Triple H (HHH), John Bradshaw Layfield (JBL), Dash & Dawson (The Revival), Wade Barrett, Eddie Edwards & Davey Richards (American Wolves), Lita, Aaron 'Jesus' Aguilera

SlickRic: Jake 'The Snake' Roberts, (HBK) Shawn Michaels, Mitsuhara Misawa, Kenta Kobashi, Dusty Rhodes, Hideo Itami, Jerry 'The King' Lawler, Ricky Morton & Robert Gibson (The Rock'N'Roll Express), Timothy Well & Steven Dunn (Well Dunn), Nick Bockwinkel & Ray 'The Crippler Stevens

I had Rybaxel in mind also because I have Perfect and secondly cos the big Guy could be fun to write for

Yeah. When he went on the Goldberg run he was fairly one demensional but when he developed into "The Big Guy" he was really entertaining.

I have a feeling this is around the time when draft picks become much more of a choice between big names somehow still available or guys you actually need more so as to complete your planned card / feuds.

I have a feeling this is around the time when draft picks become much more of a choice between big names somehow still available or guys you actually need more so as to complete your planned card / feuds.

The elevation of certain wrestlers in the CWC, the ladies and NXT plus the brit wres scene, the choice is getting greater, no doubt.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I'm definitely looking towards guys I need to complete my feuds and lower midcard now. Fairly confident I have my main event plans in place . 2 or 3 more picks and I can start drafting my rough outline for the shows I think.

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Yeah. When he went on the Goldberg run he was fairly one demensional but when he developed into "The Big Guy" he was really entertaining.

His feed me more chat got him over as a face, shame WWE ruined his push or did he get injured?

Someone else got injured for him to get rushed into the title scene when still on his streak but too early to be taking the title from Punk. He hasn't always been described as a safe worker but if they built on his run like no doubt his new draft fed will though he could have been money. It'd be interesting who he gets paired up against.

• Advertisement

Someone else got injured for him to get rushed into the title scene when still on his streak but too early to be taking the title from Punk. He hasn't always been described as a safe worker but if they built on his run like no doubt his new draft fed will though he could have been money. It'd be interesting who he gets paired up against.

Maybe Beth or Chyna :P tbh not sure yet, he could even be up for trade if anyone wants to make an offer ;)

Advertisement