Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 10th Annual PW Draft 2017 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Necrominus wrote: »
    Another update:

Left to pick this round:

Mr Nice Guy: Kurt Angle, Chad Gable and Jason Jordan (American Alpha), Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat, Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas (World's Greatest Tag Team), Rey Mysterio, Will Ospreay, Terry Funk, Todd Pettengill

Lord TSC: Xavier Woods, Big E, Kofi Kingston (The New Day), "Broken" Matt Hardy, Vince McMahon, "Big Poppa Pump" Scott Steiner, The Big Show, The Iron Shiek, Mantaur

Bounty Hunter: Hulk Hogan, Batista, Mr Perfect & Scott Hall, 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase & Stan Hansen, Kevin Nash, Andre The Giant, Mike 'IRS' Rotunda & Dan 'Waylon Mercy' Spivey, Horace Hogan

Daithi1989: Sting, Randy Orton, Goldberg, Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase Jnr (Priceless), Luke Harper and Erick Rowan, Booker T, AJ Lee & Kaitlyn (The Chickbusters), Captain Lou Albano

A Brad Maddox Guy: Brock Lesnar, Mick Foley, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Shane McMahon, "The Road Dogg" Jesse James, and "The Bad Ass" Billy Gunn (The New Age Outlaws), The Ultimate Warrior, Rich Swann & Ricochet, Ludvig Borga, Damien Sandow & Tye Dillinger

LeeJM: AJ Styles, Sheamus, (The LDRS) Zack Sabre Jnr & "The Villain" Marty Scurll, 'The Bruiserweight' Pete Dunne & Trent Seven (British Strong Style), Chris Hero, Chris Hero, Tazz & Sabu, Tyler Bate, Norman Smiley, Kings of The North

Beakerjoe: Randy Savage, The Miz, Kevin Owens (Trade), Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard (The Brainbusters), Gargano and Ciampa (DIY), Brian Pillman, Asuka, Clarence Mason

Thebostoncrab: Shinsuke Nakamura, Chris Benoit, The Young Bucks, Legion of Doom, Akira Tozawa and Sami Zayn, Kyle O'Reilly & Adam Cole, Katsuyori Shibata, Nicole Bass, THE Brian Kendrick & Low Ki

Campo: Roddy Piper, Bray Wyatt, Braun Strowman, Bobby Lashley, D'Lo Brown and The Godfather, Mark Henry, 'Dr Death' Steve Williams & Kevin Sullivan, The Godwinns

Paulie21: Chris Jericho, The Rock, Dolph Ziggler, The Briscoes, Alberto Del Rio, Karl 'Doc' Anderson and Luke Gallows (The Club), Sasha Banks, Bertha Faye

BrianRegan09: Owen Hart, Roman Reigns, Okada, Enzo Amore & Big Cass, Jushin Thunder Liger, Paul Heyman, Tetsuaya Naito & Yujiro Takahashi, Bruce Hart (Trade), Leo Kruger

JP Liz V1: Stone Cold Steve Austin, Antonio Cesaro, Tyson Kidd, Austin Aries, Nigel McGuinness, Chyna, Beth Phoenix, Carlito & Primo, Nidia, Ryback & Curtis Axel (Rybaxel)

Cheese Wagstaff: Bret Hart, Seth Rollins, Jeff Hardy, Christian, John Morrison, Umaga & Rosey, Meng & The Barbarian, Matt Cappotelli

Shagnastii: The Undertaker, Kane, Keiji Mutoh, William Regal & Tajiri, Ron Simmons/Faarooq, Antonio Inoki, 'PS' Michael Hayes & Terry 'Bam Bam' Gordy (The Fabulous Freebirds), Rodney Mack

Spongey1975: Ric Flair, CM Punk, Dean Ambrose, Christopher Daniels & Kazarian (The Addiction), Rob Van Dam, Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin (The Motor City Machine Guns) Ax & Smash (Demolition), Midajah

Imnotthehulk: Daniel Bryan, "The British Bulldog" Davey Boy Smith and Dynamite Kidd (The British Bulldogs), "Glorious" Bobby Roode, "Mr Wonderful" Paul Orndorff & "Ravishing" Rick Rude, James Storm & Abyss, Jimmy 'Superfly' Snuka & Bruiser Brody, Jeff Jarrett, Lord Alfred Hayes (Trade), MVP & Ken Anderson

DM_7: Finn Bálor, John Cena, Kota Ibushi, Kenny Omega, Charlotte & Becky Lynch, Rusev, Trish Stratus, Adrian Neville & Corey Graves, 'The Giggalo' Jimmy Del Ray & 'The Doctor' Tom Pritchard, 'The Chosen One' Drew Galloway/McIntyre

Necrominus: Samoa Joe (Trade), Edge, Vader, Stephanie McMahon, Bubba Dudley/Bully Ray and D-Von Dudley (The Dudley Boyz), Muhammad Hassan, Bayley & Emma, Ranjin Singh

Furious Red: Eddie Guerrero, Triple H (HHH), John Bradshaw Layfield (JBL), Dash & Dawson (The Revival), Wade Barrett, Eddie Edwards & Davey Richards (American Wolves), Lita, Aaron 'Jesus' Aguilera

SlickRic: Jake 'The Snake' Roberts, (HBK) Shawn Michaels, Mitsuhara Misawa, Kenta Kobashi, Dusty Rhodes, Hideo Itami, Jerry 'The King' Lawler, Ricky Morton & Robert Gibson (The Rock'N'Roll Express), Timothy Well & Steven Dunn (Well Dunn), Nick Bockwinkel & Ray 'The Crippler Stevens

From The Desk of Mr. Adam Cole

Dear Mr Necrominus,

In line with my lawyers, please note that in future you must respect my contract demands and instead of simply saying my name in the same line as other, lesser wrestlers, you must shout my name and give it the honor it deserves. In future, stand up tall, point your hands in the air and shout ADAM COLE BAY-BAY!!!

Yours,

Adam Cole (Bay-bay).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

My debut show last year ended up as my PPV.

Topically for this thread, Adam Cole (BAY BAY) beat Ryback on that show.

Ryback is fun as he is a bit mad. I planned to have The Big Guy go on a rampage against the little guys (nearly everyone would be little in his eyes). I got him in a trade last year though without a partner.

Lots of routes for Ryback as he hopped from face to heel a few times, had some good catch phrases, some great humour in some of his stuff on TV and online. His recent history of speaking out could be put into a story, links to working dangerous etc. Great pick.

I would have liked to see Axel on the same rostet as Mr Perfect and Hogan though.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

May have taken a risk as I do still want others, but when I saw the man was still available I just could not say no!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Apologies all if I caused some confusion earlier with my pick. I actually forgot about the rule re eligible promotions. Thanks DM for doing the research to verify KOTN were a legal pick :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Pick Made

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,734 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Pick Made

Was hoping for them next round, good pick, both underrated as a tag team and single competitiors imo, I thought WWE might have tried for Magnus with his missus back

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Argh. Had a list of five, and all five went yesterday.

Will need some time to think things out.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Hopefully Lordy makes his pick soon as Necro has PMd me his pick also, so we could see some movement begin again.

Remember, if you reckon your not online you can PM me your pick and I can post it for you to keep things moving.

Sorry guys, I'm floored working at the moment so it will be a little while till I get my pick up.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

How many rounds is there, 15 or more?

• Advertisement

DM_7 wrote: »
    How many rounds is there, 15 or more?

15 rounds, no more no less

Right lads, sitting down now to make my pick.

Know who I want. Just want to scout if he has a tag partner who I can grab too :)

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Right lads, sitting down now to make my pick.

Know who I want. Just want to scout if he has a tag partner who I can grab too :)

As you are well entitled, I did the same with my Brian Pillman pick (all his eligible partners were taken)

Now to play the waiting game

giphy.gif

Just realized there's someone who I just can't pass up. I've got my list of guys who I want, but think will last a while longer, but this guy could go any time now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Just realized there's someone who I just can't pass up. I've got my list of guys who I want, but think will last a while longer, but this guy could go any time now.

I'm online for next while too Lord TSC so no need for the PM... I'll be watching with both interest and hope you don't take my planned pick:P

Fire away then :)

When I realized Raven vs Broken Matt Hardy was a possibility, I couldn't not pick him. And Dreamer will fit into things as well. Really happy to nab those two this far in.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Raven plus 1 (had a few eligible partners iirc) is a great pick imo and was def one on my list, Was considering pairing him with Waylon Mercy (Dan Spivey) but thought he'd be gone anyway.

Get your teeth into round 9 guys, the round order is up

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

no.3 hmm I wasn't sure if I was going to go the celeb route this year but that gives me options.

Yikes! Defo not getting my first pick of celebs. But then I would guess he won't last past the first two picks for the round anyway :pac:

• Advertisement

beakerjoe wrote: »

1st leaves me with a major, major issue.... not a bad one, mind you. Decisions, decisions....

PM sent to Campo. Delighted to get Moolah over the line. Not the most glamorous of picks maybe but exactly what I need for my plans.

Necrominus wrote: »
    1st leaves me with a major, major issue.... not a bad one, mind you. Decisions, decisions....

PM sent to Campo. Delighted to get Moolah over the line. Not the most glamorous of picks maybe but exactly what I need for my plans.

Ive no interest in a celeb either, but coming 4th leaves me with that problem of being tempted depending on whos available. I can guess who the first celeb going will be easily, but it does depend on if said people even want a celeb.

Id be tempted to draft said fav to go early, but drafting him would radically alter my show.

Raven plus 1 (had a few eligible partners iirc) is a great pick imo and was def one on my list, Was considering pairing him with Waylon Mercy (Dan Spivey) but thought he'd be gone anyway.

I was tempted to draft him had he reached me, but he had no right being here at this late stage. Great pick at this late round

Ive no interest in a celeb either, but coming 4th leaves me with that problem of being tempted depending on whos available. I can guess who the first celeb going will be easily, but it does depend on if said people even want a celeb.

Id be tempted to draft said fav to go early, but drafting him would radically alter my show.

I don't think I can resist it actually...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

There is hope for those who want a celeb as I have absolutely no intention of drafting a celebrity for my own promotion. I am open to drafting a celebrity for a trade though :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Pick made I'm sure they are still available , could someone PM who is next as I'm on the road

Tama Tonga and Tanga Roa are gone to Campo. The sons of Haku go for the first time together

PM sent to Paulie21

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Also my trade list includes Kevin sullIvan , Steve Williams and maybe even Piper

Since Round 10 is an average pick round from the last 5 rounds, here is the draft order for next round

Lord TSC - Average Round pick of 13.5
    BrianRegan - 13.5
    Spongey1975 - 12.75
    Campo - 12
    Furious Red - 12

thebostoncrab - 11
    Beakerjoe - 10.75
    JP Liz - 10.75
    Daithi1989 - 10.75
    LeeJM - 10.25

Mr Nice Guy - 10.25
    A Brad Maddox Guy -10
    Necrominus - 9.75
    Imnotthehulk - 9.75
    Shagnasti -9.75

Paulie21 - 9.5
    CheeseWagstaff - 9.25
    DM_7 - 8.75
    Slickric - 8.75
    Bounty Hunter - 6.75

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,734 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is picking a celeb compulsory this round?

Advertisement