Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 10th Annual PW Draft 2017 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is picking a celeb compulsory this round?

No you can draft as normal is my understanding - but if you wanted a celeb for your fed this is the round to pick them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Imnotthehulk

Can celebs be used as wrestlers? Or are they stuck in the same role they were originally used in?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Necrominus wrote: »
    No you can draft as normal is my understanding - but if you wanted a celeb for your fed this is the round to pick them.
    Thats it, you can pick as normal if you like.

Can celebs be used as wrestlers? Or are they stuck in the same role they were originally used in?

Once you draft a celeb its up to you how you used him.

Ill use an example like this :

I appear on Raw this week to plug my new movie, I do zero wrestling but I appear backstage and have a little banter with Cesaro.

I am now good to be drafted and I can be used in your fed however you see fit. Whether its GM, Commentator or in ring talent or even as guest hotdog vendor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I'm more disappointed at lord tsc's pick number than my own for the celeb round.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Sorry about the delay I'll hopefully have my pick up as soon as possible.

Finally got my pick up. I'll message next drafter now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Great pick, Goldie usually goes early enough as he is a good character to write for and that's without bonus Barry (Windham) .... now only 1 pick before me... awaits spongey screwing me

knew it!

I came within one pick of having Hogan, The NWO, Andre and Bruno Sammartino on the same roster... changing tact with the next pick so... won't be long just gotta make a quick decision between 2 picks.

Great pick Spongey, he should have already gone for sure. Just getting my decided upon pick confirmed by Joe then it'll be Joe himself to pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

Sorry for the hold up - will have my draft up in the next 10-15 min.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

I didn't realise finlay and swoggle teamed so much but seems like they did , poor swoggle he was the death nail of every good angle in wwe in recent times

• Advertisement

There are other obvious GM's available, but I couldnt find any that I could draft someone with, so whats why Hornswoggle was chosen. Finlay was a strong mid-card performer, and will slide into intended storylines.

Have other people I would like to draft as well, but wanted to lock in a GM. The stip in next round nearly changed my mind, and I was almost gonna have a Celeb as GM, but don't think I'll bother much with a celeb now.

Old Fit Dave and Horny actually wrestled loads over the course of a year so they are well eligible. I wonder if Lord TSC had him earmarked considering Swoggles affiliation with Meekman

Look forward to seeing who won't be picked after 15 rounds , few biggish names still about

Also I would love to see a return of round 16 where we get to pick someone for someone else's roster

campo wrote: »
    Also I would love to see a return of round 16 where we get to pick someone for someone else's roster

No round sixteen but there will be a variation on that round at some point

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'll have my pick up shortly.

I'll have my pick up shortly.

Lovely, could have a nice run as MNG, then Necro, Lee, Bounty Hunter and myself are all online. Jurassic Park

Yep, ready to go once MNG posts his pick.

Pick up and PM sent to Lee - Never in a million years did I think I would draft Trump, but it was too good to pass up....

MNG with a great value pick at this stage, Marufuji obviously couldnt go in the nxt round with Kenta his usual partner, so him and Suzuki going now is a great steal.

And to the surprise of no one, Trump us the first celeb drafted. Congrats Necro

• Advertisement

beakerjoe wrote: »
    MNG with a great value pick at this stage, Marufuji obviously couldnt go in the nxt round with Kenta his usual partner, so him and Suzuki going now is a great steal.

And to the surprise of no one, Trump us the first celeb drafted. Congrats Necro

I just couldn't pass up the opportunity of having Hussan and Trump on the same roster. It completely changes the plans I had in place but it's worth it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Sorry lads Im just agonizing over my pick. A few choices and not really sure what direction I wanna go

Apologies for the delay. Everytime I thought I found a team I wanted it turned out one half had already been drafted. So went with Pac and Lynn as I cleared them as a valid pick earlier today with Joe. They will fit the role but definitely not my first choice.

Another update:

Mr Nice Guy: Kurt Angle, Chad Gable and Jason Jordan (American Alpha), Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat, Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas (World's Greatest Tag Team), Rey Mysterio, Will Ospreay, Terry Funk, Todd Pettengill, Minoru Suzuki & Naomichi Marufuji

Lord TSC: Xavier Woods, Big E, Kofi Kingston (The New Day), "Broken" Matt Hardy, Vince McMahon, "Big Poppa Pump" Scott Steiner, The Big Show, The Iron Shiek, Mantaur, Raven & Tommy Dreamer

Bounty Hunter: Hulk Hogan, Batista, Mr Perfect & Scott Hall, 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase & Stan Hansen, Kevin Nash, Andre The Giant, Mike 'IRS' Rotunda & Dan 'Waylon Mercy' Spivey, Horace Hogan, Manami Toyota & Aja Kong

Daithi1989:Sting, Randy Orton, Goldberg, Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase Jnr (Priceless), Luke Harper and Erick Rowan, Booker T, AJ Lee & Kaitlyn (The Chickbusters), Captain Lou Albano, Hornswoggle & Finlay

A Brad Maddox Guy: Brock Lesnar, Mick Foley, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Shane McMahon, "The Road Dogg" Jesse James, and "The Bad Ass" Billy Gunn (The New Age Outlaws), The Ultimate Warrior, Rich Swann & Ricochet, Ludvig Borga, Damien Sandow & Tye Dillinger

LeeJM: AJ Styles, Sheamus, (The LDRS) Zack Sabre Jnr & "The Villain" Marty Scurll, 'The Bruiserweight' Pete Dunne & Trent Seven (British Strong Style), Chris Hero, Chris Hero, Tazz & Sabu, Tyler Bate, Norman Smiley, Damien Corvin & Bonesaw (Kings of The North), X-Pac & Jerry Lynn

Beakerjoe: Randy Savage, The Miz, Kevin Owens (Trade), Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard (The Brainbusters), Gargano and Ciampa (DIY), Brian Pillman, Asuka, Clarence Mason, Adrian Neville & Corey Graves (Trade)

Thebostoncrab: Shinsuke Nakamura, Chris Benoit, The Young Bucks, Legion of Doom, Akira Tozawa and Sami Zayn, Kyle O'Reilly & Adam Cole BAE-BAE!!, Katsuyori Shibata, Nicole Bass, THE Brian Kendrick & Low Ki

Campo: Roddy Piper, Bray Wyatt, Braun Strowman, Bobby Lashley, D'Lo Brown and The Godfather, Mark Henry, 'Dr Death' Steve Williams & Kevin Sullivan, The Godwinns, Tama Tonga & Tanga Roe (Guerillas of Destiny)

Paulie21: Chris Jericho, The Rock, Dolph Ziggler, The Briscoes, Alberto Del Rio, Karl 'Doc' Anderson and Luke Gallows (The Club), Sasha Banks, Bertha Faye, Heath Slater & Rhyno

BrianRegan09: Owen Hart, Roman Reigns, Okada, Enzo Amore & Big Cass, Jushin Thunder Liger, Paul Heyman, Tetsuaya Naito & Yujiro Takahashi, Bruce Hart (Trade), Leo Kruger

JP Liz V1: Stone Cold Steve Austin, Antonio Cesaro, Tyson Kidd, Austin Aries, Nigel McGuinness, Chyna, Beth Phoenix, Carlito & Primo, Nidia, Ryback & Curtis Axel (Rybaxel)

Cheese Wagstaff: Bret Hart, Seth Rollins, Jeff Hardy, Christian, John Morrison, Umaga & Rosey, Meng & The Barbarian, Matt Cappotelli, Eric Bischoff

Shagnastii: The Undertaker, Kane, Keiji Mutoh, William Regal & Tajiri, Ron Simmons/Faarooq, Antonio Inoki, 'PS' Michael Hayes & Terry 'Bam Bam' Gordy (The Fabulous Freebirds), Rodney Mack, Goldust & Barry Windham

Spongey1975: Ric Flair, CM Punk, Dean Ambrose, Christopher Daniels & Kazarian (The Addiction), Rob Van Dam, Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin (The Motor City Machine Guns) Ax & Smash (Demolition), Midajah, Bruno Sammartino

Imnotthehulk: Daniel Bryan, "The British Bulldog" Davey Boy Smith and Dynamite Kidd (The British Bulldogs), "Glorious" Bobby Roode, "Mr Wonderful" Paul Orndorff & "Ravishing" Rick Rude, James Storm & Abyss, Jimmy 'Superfly' Snuka & Bruiser Brody, Jeff Jarrett, Lord Alfred Hayes (Trade), MVP & Ken Anderson

DM_7: Finn Bálor, John Cena, Kota Ibushi, Kenny Omega, Charlotte & Becky Lynch, Rusev, Trish Stratus, Jimmy & Jey (The Usos) (Trade), 'The Giggalo' Jimmy Del Ray & 'The Doctor' Tom Pritchard, 'The Chosen One' Drew Galloway/McIntyre

Necrominus: Samoa Joe (Trade), Edge, Vader, Stephanie McMahon, Bubba Dudley/Bully Ray and D-Von Dudley (The Dudley Boyz), Muhammad Hassan, Bayley & Emma, Ranjin Singh, The Fabulous Moolah, President Donald Trump

Furious Red: Eddie Guerrero, Triple H (HHH), John Bradshaw Layfield (JBL), Dash & Dawson (The Revival), Wade Barrett, Eddie Edwards & Davey Richards (American Wolves), Lita, Aaron 'Jesus' Aguilera, Doug Williams & Magnus (The British Invasion)

SlickRic: Jake 'The Snake' Roberts, (HBK) Shawn Michaels, Mitsuhara Misawa, Kenta Kobashi, Dusty Rhodes, Hideo Itami, Jerry 'The King' Lawler, Ricky Morton & Robert Gibson (The Rock'N'Roll Express), Timothy Well & Steven Dunn (Well Dunn), Nick Bockwinkel & Ray 'The Crippler Stevens

DM_7 & Joe's trade included as well as Adam Cole(BAE-BAE!!)'s request.

Donald of the boards draft? ..... well I never.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Donald of the boards draft? ..... well I never.

giphy.gif

Actual photo of Joe

858760bc5e12b1f90f6eac36abac2669166ab18b488ec5f0c1f77ceff491fbf6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,014 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Damn you Bounty :D

Ronda was only celeb I considered - AJ v Ronda was something I considered. Not to worry!

• Advertisement

daithi1989 wrote: »
    Ronda was only celeb I considered - AJ v Ronda was something I considered. Not to worry!

I only had her and The Trump on my list of celebs, she is one of the only ones where it doesn't seem odd / a miss match for her to be in the ring vs one of my wrestlers. Most celebrities I'd probably only want in a manager / GM (non fighter) role.

Advertisement