Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 10th Annual PW Draft 2017 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Also I have the rest of the stips ready for each round, I would like to keep them too myself as the element of surprise is one thing I like delivering to draftees. However, I do want to make sure everyone is happy with them and give people notice as to not throw many curveballs ala the up coming round 10 stips.

So would people like the surprise, or have advance notice of said stips?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Definitely keep the surprise element in my opinion. People have plenty of time to plan their pick for the next round when the announcement is made in the middle of the previous round.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

beakerjoe wrote: »

Regarding the round 10-15 rules as per the round 10 stip, my suggestion is a simple compromise.

In relation to the tag rule being abolished, it now will not be abolished rather it shall be raised from 5 team limit to a 7 team limit. I think this is a fair enough way to resolve the issue while opening things up while not resticting too much.

In relation to the world title rule / intergender rules being abolished, it shall run for this round ten only. Rules shall revert to how they were at round 9 once round ten is over. I feel I may have added this too hasty for six rounds.

Sounds good to me tbh I don't think there is many picks about that you could have a World Champion and tag partner left so having it for 1 round only is a good idea

Also I hope everyone reads the above posts. I do fear some would have seen the initial announcement last night, go off come back and miss the last 2 pages of posts (Im looking at you Liz:):D:pac:

I do encourage everyone to keep abreast of the discussion thread to keep up with an developments. Anything missed is really unfortunate for those and cant be avioded in some cases, but keeping up todate with this thread is a good way of being aware of any changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

That sounds like a fair compromise and definitely rooting for surprises too. Seems like a good time to thank you for running a very smooth and enjoyable Draft beaker, you've been very quick to help with any of my queries too and it is much appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I now wish the stips stayed in place. Especially when last years worked out fine. I hope the discussions on here don't spoil it for you Joey, you are doing agreat job.

I think a rule saying you must use everyone would be wrong. If I want to book Omega v Ibushi fighting through the amazon Jungle for four hours as my PPV then I should be allowed do that.

On tags and use of people, I have already agreed a trade to allow someone book a duo they were more interested in, if I picked a person and took a bonus tag just to job out or use the bonus as an announcer etc I would trade them to someone planning on using them well.

Necrominus wrote: »
    Definitely keep the surprise element in my opinion. People have plenty of time to plan their pick for the next round when the announcement is made in the middle of the previous round.

Theres is one round that wont be the case..... eeeeek backlash expected. Wont be until the last few rounds though

Theres is one round that wont be the case..... eeeeek backlash expected. Wont be until the last few rounds though

Don't be spoiling the surprise already!!! If it's only one round I think I can live with that:P

Bit of a slow day, the delays kill me. But ive had a good hour or so of research for picks and stips, so its been productive for me. Hopefully Cheese wont be too long now

• Registered Users Posts: 86,734 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Also I hope everyone reads the above posts. I do fear some would have seen the initial announcement last night, go off come back and miss the last 2 pages of posts (Im looking at you Liz:):D:pac:

I do encourage everyone to keep abreast of the discussion thread to keep up with an developments. Anything missed is really unfortunate for those and cant be avioded in some cases, but keeping up todate with this thread is a good way of being aware of any changes.

How much have I to read back :P :o

I don't mind the picks slowing down now if I am honest

I was raging at the TNA world title being not recognised from early mid draft only because I wanted the MCMGs myself damn you Spongey1975 but that is the way of the draft, we all rage when we miss out ;) note to self - take pins out of Spongey doll

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

Sorry for delay, pick up and PM sent.

There are others that I still want, but again the temptation to bring back our World champion was too great to ignore.

Sorry for delay, pick up and PM sent.

There are others that I still want, but again the temptation to bring back our World champion was too great to ignore.

I'm glad you brought him back for another year. Looking forward to see what you have planned.

Glad Sean O Haire went, had he survived until me id be tempted to draft him. Great pick and I.wonder what the next chapter holds for him and Hard Cheese Entertainment

And Liz didnt pick her usual celeb... baw god im shocked

Glad Sean O Haire went, had he survived until me id be tempted to draft him. Great pick and I.wonder what the next chapter holds for him and Hard Cheese Entertainment

And Liz didnt pick her usual celeb... baw god im shocked

I fancied a change from Shatner and think SCSA and Snoop would be good party animals :p

It is a shame not many celebs went this round

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Can someone pm the next draftee

Can someone pm the next draftee
    Rcw has signed ufc legend tito ortiz who once appeared in tna

Will update later can some one pm the next guy

Will do ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I was raging at the TNA world title being not recognised from early mid draft only because I wanted the MCMGs myself damn you Spongey1975 but that is the way of the draft, we all rage when we miss out ;) note to self - take pins out of Spongey doll

And i was wondering where those sharp pains were coming from. I was surprised to get the MCMG as they were available in round 5 and i couldnt draft them as i was limited to Intercontinental/US champions. The last 5 had the TNA roster to choose from and they survived.

Suffered a couple of guys being nabbed before me. Had my eyes on Roode in round 3 and Dibiase in round 4. My storylines have changed so much because of guys being taken before i could get them :eek:

Sounds like 24 hours to pick rule going to be changed :(

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Sounds like 24 hours to pick rule going to be changed :(

No no,nothing like that. The round order will be affected as it wont be random, well not completely. Its not until round 14.

DDP gone. He usually goes much earlier and the longer he lasted, the longer I was making storylines for him. Had a feud with himself and Sean O'Haire pencilled in my head. Mr Positive and good vibes against the devils advocate himself was one I had mapped out, but both rightly went before reaching me.

So many big names left has given me a tough choice. Draft who I want this round.... or gamble and draft some of the biggest names available.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

After having DDP last year I was surprised to see him last so long. So easy to write for. Can go numerous ways with him. The longer he lasted the more tempted I was to take him again but he just doesnt fit my roster this year.

LeeJM wrote: »
    After having DDP last year I was surprised to see him last so long. So easy to write for. Can go numerous ways with him. The longer he lasted the more tempted I was to take him again but he just doesnt fit my roster this year.

See him and O'Haire actually would have fitted in, not only against each other but into another feud I have brewing. The longer they went undrafted the more I imagined getting involved in BCW. Glad there gone in away so my original plans are back in play.

I think the issue with DDP is that many might not be aware of his awesome WCW career and remember him for his lackluster WWE run.

Not 100 per cent on this yet but Edge might be available for trade for the right offer. I have tentative plans in place for him but I'm not necessarily sure it fits as perfect as I want it.

Depending on whos online, we could see a sprint of picks. Furious Red,Lord TSC and Spongey1975 are all up twice in close proximity with late picks now and early picks in the following round.

Depending on whos online, we could see a sprint of picks. Furious Red,Lord TSC and Spongey1975 are all up twice in close proximity with late picks now and early picks in the following round.

Here's hoping!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'm here for about an hour and then I've got a dentist appointment. Worse comes to worst, I'll get my pick up early afternoon.

Also just realised I've got two picks in quick succession. Not sure who my second will be yet, but have a short list.

Guys, help me out on a matter Im looking at for a player.

Tag teams : Its a historic reign from 1988. It lasted at least 3 months but there is no record of any match on any wrestling database, like cagematch.net or pro fight database, of any of their tag matchs. I can see the reigns lasted from July until Sept after a trawl of the internet and youtube, so it looks like they tagged for at least 3 months as champions but theres no prooof to say for sure how much they tagged.

My gut is to allow it as they were champions for 3 months. But Id like guys take on things before approving it.

I really want to reward the research that was involved too, but thats just because i love teh research sid eof things but only if its eligible. My doubt surrounds the lack of proof of when actual matches took place and how much they tagged, but they were definatly champions for 3 months.

What do you guys think?

If they won a tag title in an eligible promotion then I think it should be allowed.

DM_7 wrote: »
    If they won a tag title in an eligible promotion then I think it should be allowed.

It was under the NWA banner, the NWA continental tag team belts no less

• Advertisement

Simpsons-Tumbleweed.gif

The consequence of the early in the day pick followed by one of the later in the day posters.

Advertisement