Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 10th Annual PW Draft 2017 Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Brians online, be kind Brian.... be kind

campo wrote: »
    And I presume if an announcer is undrafted and I use him on my opening show but he is then drafted later on it's OK as long as I don't use him again

Bit of a grey area. If an announcer is usually drafted (wont name any names here but we all know the usual suspects here, like the King and Corey Graves who are already drafted. Theres about six/seven who are still undrafted who usually go) Id think it best that you didnt name/use them on your show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Bit of a grey area. If an announcer is usually drafted (wont name any names here but we all know the usual suspects here, like the King and Corey Graves who are already drafted. Theres about six/seven who are still undrafted who usually go) Id think it best that you didnt name/use them on your show.

Fair enough I'll just use generic announcer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Yeah I was always of the mind that if you want to use a named announcer you have to draft him/her even if they aren't drafted. When done, they are exclusively yours.

Keeps the issue fairly black and white. Sort of the same reason guys draft a particular manager, GM or valet

• Advertisement

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Yeah I was always of the mind that if you want to use a named announcer you have to draft him/her even if they aren't drafted. When done, they are exclusively yours.

Keeps the issue fairly black and white. Sort of the same reason guys draft a particular manager, GM or valet

Exactly. I never use named announcers, but I will do this year with Corey Graves drafted to my roster (he will be used in a feud btw) . Most will draft an announcer in the later rounds to secure him for their roster and improve their show and it would be unfair to use an undrafted guy IMO once the draft is on going.

Unless your commentary team are involved in angles, I see need to draft named announcers

Im really trying to figure out who got the best of that trade, Shag or Lee. Both great talents and I wouldnt have parted with either had I had them. Great business my both men who both get two very great talented men

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Im really trying to figure out who got the best of that trade, Shag or Lee. Both great talents and I wouldnt have parted with either had I had them. Great business my both men who both get two very great talented men

I think its a fairly even swap tbh. I was delighted to get Windham as I had him last year and he will supply some continuity which I love and he is a big tough b*stard also so should slot perfectly into a feud I have planned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Seeing my roster so far done like this makes me very happy with my choices so far!

407348.jpeg

Seeing my roster so far done like this makes me very happy with my choices so far!

What app are you using TBC to do the banners.

I used a trial of photoshop last year but Im not signing up to it this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Will have my pic up in a little bit

Dont break my heart Brian.....Dont

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

I seriously have to learn how to do this. Total noob when it comes to photoshop :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I seriously have to learn how to do this. Total noob when it comes to photoshop :rolleyes:

Been thinking the same myself so if you are using something like Joe eluded to TBC let us in on your secret so we can try and look as good as what yourself and Campo (think he's the other one doing such pics) are capable of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Download Gimp, it's basically a free version of photoshop. Then get a nice background image and search for .png images of your wrestlers. Add them in and boom done!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Another update after the end of round 9/start of round 10 & trades:

Mr Nice Guy: Kurt Angle, Chad Gable and Jason Jordan (American Alpha), Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat, Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas (World's Greatest Tag Team), Rey Mysterio, Will Ospreay, Terry Funk, Todd Pettengill, Minoru Suzuki & Naomichi Marufuji, Muhammad Ali

Lord TSC: Xavier Woods, Big E, Kofi Kingston (The New Day), "Broken" Matt Hardy, Vince McMahon, "Big Poppa Pump" Scott Steiner, The Big Show, The Iron Shiek, Mantaur, Raven & Tommy Dreamer, Charlie Sheen, The Sandman

Bounty Hunter: Hulk Hogan, Batista, Mr Perfect & Scott Hall, 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase & Stan Hansen, Kevin Nash, Andre The Giant, Mike 'IRS' Rotunda & Dan 'Waylon Mercy' Spivey, Horace Hogan, Manami Toyota & Aja Kong, 'Rowdy' Ronda Rousey

Daithi1989:Sting, Randy Orton, Goldberg, Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase Jnr (Priceless), Luke Harper and Erick Rowan, Booker T, AJ Lee & Kaitlyn (The Chickbusters), Captain Lou Albano, Hornswoggle & Finlay, Brodus Clay & Tensai/Albert (Tons of Funk)

A Brad Maddox Guy: Brock Lesnar, Mick Foley, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Shane McMahon, "The Road Dogg" Jesse James, and "The Bad Ass" Billy Gunn (The New Age Outlaws), The Ultimate Warrior, Rich Swann & Ricochet, Ludvig Borga, Damien Sandow & Tye Dillinger, Mickey Rourke

LeeJM: AJ Styles, Sheamus, "The Villain" Marty Scurll, 'The Bruiserweight' Pete Dunne & Trent Seven (British Strong Style), Chris Hero, Chris Hero, Tazz & Sabu, Tyler Bate, Norman Smiley, Damien Corvin & Bonesaw (Kings of The North), X-Pac & Jerry Lynn, Barry Windham(Trade)

Beakerjoe: Randy Savage, The Miz, Kevin Owens (Trade), Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard (The Brainbusters), Gargano and Ciampa (DIY), Brian Pillman, Asuka, Clarence Mason, Adrian Neville & Corey Graves (Trade), ACH & Matt Sydal

Thebostoncrab: Shinsuke Nakamura, Chris Benoit, The Young Bucks, Legion of Doom, Akira Tozawa and Sami Zayn, Kyle O'Reilly & Adam Cole BAE-BAE!!, Katsuyori Shibata, Nicole Bass, THE Brian Kendrick & Low Ki, El Hijo del Santo

Campo: Roddy Piper, Bray Wyatt, Braun Strowman, Bobby Lashley, D'Lo Brown and The Godfather, Mark Henry, 'Dr Death' Steve Williams & Kevin Sullivan, The Godwinns, Tama Tonga & Tanga Roe (Guerillas of Destiny), Jay Lethal

Paulie21: Chris Jericho, The Rock, Dolph Ziggler, The Briscoes, Alberto Del Rio, Karl 'Doc' Anderson and Luke Gallows (The Club), Sasha Banks, Bertha Faye, Heath Slater & Rhyno, Stacey Keibler & Torrie Wilson

BrianRegan09: Owen Hart, Roman Reigns, Okada, Enzo Amore & Big Cass, Jushin Thunder Liger, Paul Heyman, Tetsuaya Naito & Yujiro Takahashi, Bruce Hart (Trade), Leo Kruger, Tito Ortiz

JP Liz V1: Stone Cold Steve Austin, Antonio Cesaro, Tyson Kidd, Austin Aries, Nigel McGuinness, Chyna, Beth Phoenix, Carlito & Primo, Nidia, Ryback & Curtis Axel (Rybaxel), Snoop Dogg

Cheese Wagstaff: Bret Hart, Seth Rollins, Jeff Hardy, Christian, John Morrison, Umaga & Rosey, Meng & The Barbarian, Matt Cappotelli, Eric Bischoff, Sean O'Haire & Mark Jindrak

Shagnastii: The Undertaker, Kane, Keiji Mutoh, William Regal & Tajiri, Ron Simmons/Faarooq, Antonio Inoki, 'PS' Michael Hayes & Terry 'Bam Bam' Gordy (The Fabulous Freebirds), Rodney Mack, Goldust, 'Iron' Mike Tyson, Zack Sabre Jnr (Trade)

Spongey1975: Ric Flair, CM Punk, Dean Ambrose, Christopher Daniels & Kazarian (The Addiction), Rob Van Dam, Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin (The Motor City Machine Guns) Ax & Smash (Demolition), Midajah, Bruno Sammartino, The Big Boss Man & One Man Gang

Imnotthehulk: Daniel Bryan, "The British Bulldog" Davey Boy Smith and Dynamite Kidd (The British Bulldogs), "Glorious" Bobby Roode, "Mr Wonderful" Paul Orndorff & "Ravishing" Rick Rude, James Storm & Abyss, Jimmy 'Superfly' Snuka & Bruiser Brody, Jeff Jarrett, Lord Alfred Hayes (Trade), MVP & Ken Anderson, Diamond Dallas Page (DDP)

DM_7: Finn Bálor, John Cena, Kota Ibushi, Kenny Omega, Charlotte & Becky Lynch, Rusev, Trish Stratus, Jimmy & Jey (The Usos) (Trade), 'The Giggalo' Jimmy Del Ray & 'The Doctor' Tom Pritchard, 'The Chosen One' Drew Galloway/McIntyre, Pentagon Jr.

Necrominus: Samoa Joe (Trade), Edge, Vader, Stephanie McMahon, Bubba Dudley/Bully Ray and D-Von Dudley (The Dudley Boyz), Muhammad Hassan, Bayley & Emma, Ranjin Singh, The Fabulous Moolah, President Donald Trump

Furious Red: Eddie Guerrero, Triple H (HHH), John Bradshaw Layfield (JBL), Dash & Dawson (The Revival), Wade Barrett, Eddie Edwards & Davey Richards (American Wolves), Lita, Aaron 'Jesus' Aguilera, Doug Williams & Magnus (The British Invasion), Gail Kim

SlickRic: Jake 'The Snake' Roberts, (HBK) Shawn Michaels, Mitsuhara Misawa, Kenta Kobashi, Dusty Rhodes, Hideo Itami, Jerry 'The King' Lawler, Ricky Morton & Robert Gibson (The Rock'N'Roll Express), Timothy Well & Steven Dunn (Well Dunn), Nick Bockwinkel & Ray 'The Crippler Stevens, Floyd 'Money' Mayweather Jr.

Been thinking the same myself so if you are using something like Joe eluded to TBC let us in on your secret so we can try and look as good as what yourself and Campo (think he's the other one doing such pics) are capable of.

I just use Pixlr and layer a background image with PNG images of the wrestlers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Easy to follow, I hope so.. Heres the draft order for this round, its the average picks of the last 4 rounds. Enjoy.
    1. Lord TSC - Average Round pick of 13.5
    2. BrianRegan - 13.5
    3. Spongey1975 - 12.75
    4. Campo - 12
    5. Furious Red - 12
    6. thebostoncrab - 11
    7. Beakerjoe - 10.75
    8. JP Liz - 10.75
    9. Daithi1989 - 10.75
    10. LeeJM - 10.25
    11. Mr Nice Guy - 10.25
    12. A Brad Maddox Guy -10
    13. Necrominus - 9.75
    14. Imnotthehulk - 9.75
    15. Shagnasti -9.75
    16. Paulie21 - 9.5
    17. CheeseWagstaff - 9.25
    18. DM_7 - 8.75
    19. Slickric - 8.75
    20. Bounty Hunter - 6.75

How did Shagnasti pick before Brian, apologies if I missed a post or any reading wrong :confused::o

I am surprised Brian did not go with a tag partner with Luger

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    How did Shagnasti pick before Brian, apologies if I missed a post or any reading wrong :confused::o

Shag and Lee made a trade, he hasn't picked yet

• Advertisement

I did think of a few but none i really wanted , and no point of having a character I'm not using standing around thats more WWE's thing lol

Oh I don't believe my picks have made it to me, will have up shortly and just to note I have passed on the proof to Beakerjoe that they tagged for over 3 months and proof that they tagged at least 6 times during the 3 months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Necrominus wrote: »
    Shag and Lee made a trade, he hasn't picked yet

:o

Roman Reigns is a great character to write for but a massive problem I'm having so far is finding someone who I wouldn't envisage kicking his ass. I could easily picture anyone on my roster (bar bruce hart) having a good feud with Reigns

Pick up and really delighted to get Sid and Shane Douglas together

The lengths and epths of research Campo did for this team was nothing short of extraordinary. He deserves them and delighted the lasted until him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Yeah I'd say it's about 50/50. Both are guys that have massive value but due to their sonewhat niche appeal might be hard for people to invest in.

ZSJ is from that group of "indie" guys that to the converted are phenomenal but probably to the more casual fan shares no real connection. This does effect how people look at fueds and storylines.

Likewise, the same could be said for Windham. The likes of your Hansens, Brodys, Windhams. HOF Old school five star talents but might not have had people see their stuff from the historic events.

Cracking pick of Sid and Douglas. Sid always good way later than he deserves but nearly always end up in the main events in his Feds. The guy is a monster. Douglas adds serious bang for buck as he is a huge personality with good credibility.

My first show is up and I would really appreciate all feedback but positive and negative, anyone else who post a show I will make sure to leave feedback also

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Cracking pick of Sid and Douglas. Sid always good way later than he deserves but nearly always end up in the main events in his Feds. The guy is a monster. Douglas adds serious bang for buck as he is a huge personality with good credibility.

Cheers, with my high draw I really wanted to take advantage of the stipulation but like others have said I would not have taken a partner just for the sake of it but when I saw Shane Douglas tagged with Lord Humongous (Sid) and even won a title I just had to have em.

On a side note they did a really interesting angle in CWF I think it was called back then, watched a few videos of their angle in last couple of days and CWF really reminded me of ECW, funny enough Heyman was there at the time.

Oh also I did try and PM FR but it says he does not accept PMs

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

campo wrote: »
    Oh also I did try and PM FR but it says he does not accept PMs

I sent him a pm there. Don't think you can choose to not accept pms from mods.

After downloading both your and TBCs photoshop alternative I've realised I'm not as computer savvy as I thought :o

mostly only going to try and use it for faction images. For example if I want an NWO shot which includes the original 3 plus Dibiase & Perfect I don't wanna have to use an image with The Big Show in it.

Advertisement