Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 10th Annual PW Draft 2017 Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

His inbox may be full. I was messaging him earlier and he said his pick will be up after hes home from work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Campo CWA Episode 1
    Bray is definitely the star of the show here. Interesting move to have the Wyatt Family involved in everybody elses business. Disappointed to see Bray and Kevin Sullivan split up as I feel they would be a natural fit together.

Jay Lethal & Lashley should be a fun story. Jay is best working as a face defying the odds so booking him opposite Lashley is a clever move so bravo on that.

The Nation as a group confuse me as Im not sure if they are faces or heels. And my one major problem and its possibly just a personal thing is I hate seeing tag champs beaten in handicap matches. It just renders your whole tag division meaningless IMO.

Piper could be the xfactor of the whole show though now that he has been destroyed by the Wyatts. Will he go it alone against them or will he seek out help? Or maybe hes just an interviewer :pac:

All in all a fine show to kick off the draft. Plenty of intriguing stories going forward.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Just piecing together some of the segments for my first show. Forgot how enjoyable the actual writing of it is!!

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

Can you wait until after full draft to start writing, or does it have to be started before R15?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

daithi1989 wrote: »
    Can you wait until after full draft to start writing, or does it have to be started before R15?

Yea. That is what I will be doing. There is normally a cut off point for submissions so once you get done by then its all good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

daithi1989 wrote: »

You can wait until all rounds are complete. I usually wait until I have most of my roster sorted before I begin.

Yeah I'll be doing the same but figured I'd get going on the segments I actually have the characters in place for. Won't have everything in place to produce the full show until after round 15 I expect. Have a draft preview written but have to fill in the blanks yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

Cool.. Coz I still want to get a few bodies in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

LeeJM wrote: »
    Campo CWA Episode 1
    Bray is definitely the star of the show here. Interesting move to have the Wyatt Family involved in everybody elses business. Disappointed to see Bray and Kevin Sullivan split up as I feel they would be a natural fit together.

Jay Lethal & Lashley should be a fun story. Jay is best working as a face defying the odds so booking him opposite Lashley is a clever move so bravo on that.

The Nation as a group confuse me as Im not sure if they are faces or heels. And my one major problem and its possibly just a personal thing is I hate seeing tag champs beaten in handicap matches. It just renders your whole tag division meaningless IMO.

Piper could be the xfactor of the whole show though now that he has been destroyed by the Wyatts. Will he go it alone against them or will he seek out help? Or maybe hes just an interviewer :pac:

All in all a fine show to kick off the draft. Plenty of intriguing stories going forward.

Thanks Lee
    This is exactly the type of feedback I was looking for regards
    Nation:Well they are heelish but with a good agenda if that makes sense
    You are right about
    tag champs losing in handicap match, I wanted to make Henry & Strowman monsters but I may have to look at away of now putting over tag teams

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Campo
    As opening's go, the Piper, Sullivan, Wyatt dialogue was fantastic. Really enjoyed it, could picture them all in those roles and saying those words. Curious about where Roddy will fit in during future shows.

Wyatt looked like star, I wonder if Sulivan will be giving him a taste of his own actions soon.

The Nation v Lethal is interesting, with Lashley as the leader (of course a guy who used the dominator as a finisher like Ron Simmons) they will be a real force.

You set things us well and most of all I really enjoy the promo writing you do. Its to the point and easy to read and easy to 'picture' all in one.

• Advertisement

Campo Show 1:
    As others have said, the first segment was really good. You really captured Wyatt and Piper's characters with it. Interested to see how this follows up.
    I also really enjoyed the Lashley/Jay Lethal segment. Even though he wasn't a top first round pick, it's clear Lethal is going to be a major player for your fed. Sets up a nice feud for the future. By the way, who is your champion? Or is the title vacant currently. Just something I wasn't clear on.

I like the tweener status of the Nation - jumping Lethal before the Lashley match but then seemingly facing off against the Wyatt family the very next moment. Braun going over D'Lo and Godfather was the right call in my opinion, especially with Bray seemingly trying to tempt The Godfather into joining the Wyatts.

I would agree with Lee though on the second match - I know the point was to put over Henry but making your tag champs look weak was probably the wrong call. Be interesting to see where they go from here though as you obviously have plans for them at the top of the division.

The twist at the end was very clever, Wyatt turning on Williams and Sullivan - didn't see that coming particularly when you made the logo of the Wyatts with them included. Good stuff.

Overall it was a very good first show, setting your storylines up nicely for the next installment. Looking forward to it.

Many thanks gents for the info earlier on the pictures. Here's my efforts and my roster so far:D

407383.jpg

DM_7 wrote: »
    Campo
    As opening's go, the Piper, Sullivan, Wyatt dialogue was fantastic. Really enjoyed it, could picture them all in those roles and saying those words. Curious about where Roddy will fit in during future shows.

Wyatt looked like star, I wonder if Sulivan will be giving him a taste of his own actions soon.

The Nation v Lethal is interesting, with Lashley as the leader (of course a guy who used the dominator as a finisher like Ron Simmons) they will be a real force.

You set things us well and most of all I really enjoy the promo writing you do. Its to the point and easy to read and easy to 'picture' all in one.

Thanks for the feedback, in general I prefer doing promo stuff hence why I draft characters more then in ring workers, I always found writing out a match very difficult

Necrominus wrote: »
    Campo Show 1:
    As others have said, the first segment was really good. You really captured Wyatt and Piper's characters with it. Interested to see how this follows up.
    I also really enjoyed the Lashley/Jay Lethal segment. Even though he wasn't a top first round pick, it's clear Lethal is going to be a major player for your fed. Sets up a nice feud for the future. By the way, who is your champion? Or is the title vacant currently. Just something I wasn't clear on.

I like the tweener status of the Nation - jumping Lethal before the Lashley match but then seemingly facing off against the Wyatt family the very next moment. Braun going over D'Lo and Godfather was the right call in my opinion, especially with Bray seemingly trying to tempt The Godfather into joining the Wyatts.

I would agree with Lee though on the second match - I know the point was to put over Henry but making your tag champs look weak was probably the wrong call. Be interesting to see where they go from here though as you obviously have plans for them at the top of the division.

The twist at the end was very clever, Wyatt turning on Williams and Sullivan - didn't see that coming particularly when you made the logo of the Wyatts with them included. Good stuff.

Overall it was a very good first show, setting your storylines up nicely for the next installment. Looking forward to it.

The Heavyweight title
    is vacant
    and thanks for invaluable feedback on 2nd match it is feedback like this that I really need and have a plan in action for 2nd show

I sent him a pm there. Don't think you can choose to not accept pms from mods.

After downloading both your and TBCs photoshop alternative I've realised I'm not as computer savvy as I thought :o

mostly only going to try and use it for faction images. For example if I want an NWO shot which includes the original 3 plus Dibiase & Perfect I don't wanna have to use an image with The Big Show in it.

Will this do

NWO.jpg

Can be resized if you need

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Imnotthehulk

Copying others and putting up a roster picture!
    roster_zpsssh5c6pv.jpg

(I am still open to trade ... if they're fair!)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Dont know why you couldnt PM Campo since ive been getting PM's from everyone

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

campo wrote: »
    Will this do

NWO.jpg

Can be resized if you need

Thanks man! that's awesome.

I think I will persevere and try and get better with those things but I will def use that one, most likely in my first (non review / backstory type) show.

The lucha Dragons are gone meaning Red has a nice tag divison now. More than 4 days since my last pick and 14 more to pick before my next.... time to get writting as the usual slow down in picks has started.... hopefully I can get my next pick in before Chinese New Year even though I hope to be online and able to pick during that time anyway.

Copying others and putting up a roster picture!
    roster_zpsssh5c6pv.jpg

(I am still open to trade ... if they're fair!)

Looks class and really highlights how good your roster is, I could imagine multiple match-ups with a lot of your guys (its the kind of roster I would pick myself)

Regards trades I am open to trading Shane Douglas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Both my pick and Joes picks are up. Delighted to get Kerry this late into the game, will be even happier if I get the man I want to put him up against!

• Advertisement

Both my pick and Joes picks are up. Delighted to get Kerry this late into the game, will be even happier if I get the man I want to put him up against!

Kerry is a great pick as is Shamrock & Blackman, I am at this stage now where the rest of my picks are just gravy as I have got all the ones I plan to use on main card

5 picks left before me - is it wrong if I want to believe my first choice pick will make it through?

5 picks left before me - is it wrong if I want to believe my first choice pick will make it through?

9 picks before I drafted, I was sure Ken Shamrock would be taken. I wasnt even gonna draft him myself as I had someone else in mind, but thought of a story for him and boom, had to draft him. Delighted to get Steve Blackman, Im already looking into a story for him with his new profession.

Dream away. Ya never know

beakerjoe wrote: »
    9 picks before I drafted, I was sure Ken Shamrock would be taken. I wasnt even gonna draft him myself as I had someone else in mind, but thought of a story for him and boom, had to draft him. Delighted to get Steve Blackman, Im already looking into a story for him with his new profession.

Shamrock was actually on my list of back ups but I had no plans in mind for him. Trying to steer away from the idea of shoehorning guys into roles that might not suit them if at all possible this year - cue the last minute panic picks:P

Shamrock was actually on my list of back ups but I had no plans in mind for him. Trying to steer away from the idea of shoehorning guys into roles that might not suit them if at all possible this year - cue the last minute panic picks:P

I had one match to fill, toying with a few ideas with Steve Blackman in there. He is very versitille as a shoot fighter, a straight guy in a comedy team and now as a bounty hunter in real life.

Yeah I'm the same. My top feuds are ready to go, it's my undercard now that needs a bit of work. I'm planning for probably a maximum of 6 matches if I can get the right personnel in.

Campos Show 1 :
    I admire your eagerness to get going but Im personally a fan of waiting until my roster is selected to get going.

Bray is the star of the show seems to be the centre of your show. I liked Pipers Husky line as well as a reference to Sullivans past, nice touches. An attack on Piper will surely not go unanswered so I look forward to that.

I like the match graphics, very slick. Lethal getting beatdown makes sense after his altercation with Lashley, and I liked how Lashley made himself look like a big deal, as well as his faction, however having NOD beat down by Strowman kinda undid that work to an extent.

I did like the tease of Godfather joining the Nation...I smell a gimmick switch that would be very nice and logical if Im right. Im not sure though who I should be rooting for though. The Nation seemed like heels after a beatdown of Jay, as did Wyatts on Piper, so its hard to side with any heel vs heel faction, though Im sure the lines as blurred now, the may become clearer as the shows continue.

Having the tag champs beaten by Henry did loads for Mark but it made the GoD look weak, which is devaluing to your titles. But it makes Mark look like an equal to Strowman so it works in that way.

Im guessing the Godwins are now Brays next recruits and I wonder what will ahppen to Dr Death and Sullivan? Sullivan and Bray was an interesting dynamic and Im sad to see them part ways as they seem suited to eachother, but alas it has my attention as to where it goes next. Sullivan as Brays "higher power" would have been great but Sullivan getting revenge on Bray could be brilliant.

Your show is the first of many I imagine and it leaves a lot of unanswered questions which only leaves me curious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

beakerjoe wrote: »

I should have taken Head Cheese sooner :( great pick Joe, will get my pick up soon

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I should have taken Head Cheese sooner :( great pick Joe, will get my pick up soon

Nothing set in stone Liz, if you wanna make me an offer?

• Advertisement

The draft is a head of schedule this year compared to last year. We are in round 10 nearly half way and last year we didnt reach this point until Feb 2nd, so even though its slowed down we are still suckin Diesel..... (Not Kevin Nash)

So kudos draftees

Advertisement