Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 10th Annual PW Draft 2017 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Typical that the first draft pick isnt online :D: rolleyes:

Raring to go here and personally wonder who will be drafted first. I was shocked at last years first pick and with a host of top names available (do your research people:eek:) I think it could be one of maybe 10 potential picks.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Actually the more I look at it, everyone should be able to get a HOF / World champion / icon level guy in rd one as there are so many options just maybe not a few of the current WWE crop

Actually the more I look at it, everyone should be able to get a HOF / World champion / icon level guy in rd one as there are so many options just maybe not a few of the current WWE crop

While there is plenty of people available, many are not. But i believe there are over 20 top picks available this round that are capable of being in the top feud in anyones fed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I almost feel spoiled having first pick there, feel like there's at least 20 wrestlers who could have an argument for being pick #1 but Brock was the first to come into my head and I've never had him or anyone like him before.

Its draft time and already two queries, so allow me to note two things about the Stip

Once your pick has had a match on a show ran by NJPW, they are eligible. It doesnt matter if they arent a wrestler for NJPW, but once they wrestled on a NJPW show they are fine.

Also If the show is joint run by NJPW and another promotion, thats fine.

In relation to tag teams being eligible, both members must have had a match on a NJPW Show to be eligible, not just one.

EG if jimmy and johnny are a tag team and jimmy has worked a show for NJPW and Johnny hasn't, the team are not allowed.

• Advertisement

And Brock is gone

Brocks first time being drafted first

He has drafted 2nd last year, 16th the year before and 13th in round 2 in 2014.

You can see his stock has risen sharply in recent years and hes a beast for anyones roster. Cant say Im surprised hes gone first.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I've drafted a young upstart called Punisher Dice Morgan. I'll edit my post in the picks thread with the necessary hoopla once I get home.

I'm working off the mobile (in work) so if somebody could please message the next person to pick it'd be greatly appreciated.

And when number 1 goes, the man next is the Undertaker going to Shaggers roster.

Takers stock is also rising as he was 5th the 4th top pick last year, 5th in 2015 and a steal at pick 19 in round two in 2014.

Another big name gone

ShagNastii wrote: »
    I've drafted a young upstart called Punisher Dice Morgan. I'll edit my post in the picks thread with the necessary hoopla once I get home.

I'm working off the mobile (in work) so if somebody could please message the next person to pick it'd be greatly appreciated.

Done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Two surprising selections IMO but not bad selections. I am now torn on who to select first

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Imnotthehulk

I'm quite surprised The Undertaker was eligible! Good pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Delighted to finally get one of my favourites (who I hope to see in WWE in 2017 at some point). Gives me a lot of options as a heel or babyface and can give me a great match too.

I like Angle in MNG, he can be used in many ways so as you say he gives you options and tbh he is as good an all rounder as one can get esp in a stip round.

Have never had Taker although I've always been tempted. Lesnar on the other hand I had last year and honestly loved writing for him although I will say I felt very lucky that I got an ideal opponent for him cos that could be hard and a mouthpiece who could actually live up to being Lesnar's advocate. can be good fun writing for a beast tho

I am shocked AJ fell to fourth in the draft! Delighted but absolutely shocked. I had wanted him before the order was put up but didnt expect to get him. Also happy as it means some continuity within the AEPW storylines  :) 

Necrominus has been pm'ed so hopefully he will pick soon and we can try and motor through a good chunk of this round.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

And pick made! Didn't think Lesnar or Angle would get as far as me so I'm glad I made contingency plans early on!! PM sent to Imnotthehulk as well.

AJ was just voted boards best wrestler of the year so you know he's rated anyway. I'd imagine his stock has risen even higher than it was when you had him last year too and yeah having some continuity can be helpful storyline wise so great pick... that said I think every pick at this stage has gigantic upside to them and I am really curious to see who people can pair them up with already.

edit: first time KO has gone solo too which shows how his stock has risen the last few years. bonafide first rounder on his own now

Great pick Necro and again not necessarily somebody I would expect to go high in a NJPW round. It would seem that in spite of the stip that Joe has put up the first 5 have all stuck to a plan instead of going for some of the names more associated with NJPW. As always its intriguing to see where everyone goes with their choices. And delighted to see Shagger is doing the Old School WWF again

Some great picks, damn AJ being snapped up. Not surprised but though of might of lasted longer. Damn my luck

Pick up Shortly

Torn between two picks, one for man Id love to write for, another that was on my roster last year......I went for the former

Hello Randy Savage

He gives me plenty of options as a top face or heel. No to find him an opponent

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Some names I did think of already picked. I made a list of 12 and stopped looking.

• Advertisement

Savage is a quality pick. I can imagine that he is so easy & fun to write for cos you can just go mad on the promos whether he is heel or face. I am on edge now because I have AJ for my Main Event and I REALLY wanna get who I have in mind to face him. Its what I would consider a dream match and also fits perfectly into my plan for my whole roster if I can deliver the Main Event. Terrified everytime I open the roster picks thread now :'(

Daniel Bryan was one I though would have gone in the first 3 picks, I would of rathered him than Savage but never thought he would come to me, almost got him. But delighted with Savage

KO is a well researched pick, he wrestled 1 show jointly promoted by ROH and NJPW. Well done Necro. He wasnt on my radar though this round.

Angle is a grand aul pick, a great heel and face and a top star, so he really works in any situation.

AJ was my top pick, hopes dashed when Lee too him. Lee was almost going for a out of left field pick this round but the big name swayed him I guess.

LeeJM wrote: »
    I am on edge now because I have AJ for my Main Event and I REALLY wanna get who I have in mind to face him. Its what I would consider a dream match and also fits perfectly into my plan for my whole roster if I can deliver the Main Event. Terrified everytime I open the roster picks thread now :'(

Can your "dream opponent be picked this round". If not Thats half the battle but the next round stip may KO your plans too.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I am on edge now because I have AJ for my Main Event and I REALLY wanna get who I have in mind to face him. Its what I would consider a dream match and also fits perfectly into my plan for my whole roster if I can deliver the Main Event. Terrified everytime I open the roster picks thread now :'(

Can your "dream opponent be picked this round". If not Thats half the battle but the next round stip may KO your plans too.
    He can but Im hoping he will survive. Fingers crossed. I would have no problem with the Rd 2 stip taking him out of the equation so long as I got #1 in Rd 3 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Some Savage picks on here so far ...see what I did there ��

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

When this years drafted started, I had a big circle around one name I wanted more than anyone else. When I saw the stip I thought it was a lost cause. Cannot believe my luck to have Nakamura!

Apart from AJ he is the first real "NJPW Star" to go. Still some heavy heavy hitters left in the pool.

Apart from AJ he is the first real "NJPW Star" to go. Still some heavy heavy hitters left in the pool.

Plenty of round 1, pick one overall selections still available. Even without a stip.

Nakamura is gone.

Second year in a row going without his tag partner of previous draft years (he cant now due to IWGP being a World Ttitle)

Will this be Crabmans year? Last year Nakamura was a vital cog in the BCW machine as I finished as champion and Nak was also present as Bounty Hunters BWA romped to victory in 2015. Will Swagsuke be the lucky charm for TBC too?

• Advertisement

Pick made and PM sent to JP Liv V1.

Went for Finn even though other names stand out a mile as ones I could be selecting.

Finn just fits what I want better as I can go more places with his booking than some of the other names whose roles/personalities may be more pre-defined in a reader or fantasy bookers) mind.

Advertisement