Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 10th Annual PW Draft 2017 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

I think Furious Red is picking for Spongey and it's Spongey who's picking for me. Might be best to edit that bit in case there's any confusion.

I know exactly who I will be picking for DM_7 and I'm pretty confident he will be happy with it. :cool:

It seems im the forgotten man :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

One name popped into my head straight away for Necro's roster but still gonna do some digging to see if anyone else fits better.

What app are people using for those roster photos? Is it Gimp as suggested a few days ago? I downloaded it for the first time in a few years but I must be a bit rusty cos my attempt is nowhere near as good as some of the ones posted :p

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

Have a day off work tomorrow, so gonna mess around and see if I can get my roster up on an image!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

One name popped into my head straight away for Necro's roster but still gonna do some digging to see if anyone else fits better.

What app are people using for those roster photos? Is it Gimp as suggested a few days ago? I downloaded it for the first time in a few years but I must be a bit rusty cos my attempt is nowhere near as good as some of the ones posted

Don't spoil the surprise now 😎. Yeah I'm using Gimp alright. It's just getting used to the layers I find a bit finicky but other than that it's really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I think Furious Red is picking for Spongey and it's Spongey who's picking for me. Might be best to edit that bit in case there's any confusion.

I know exactly who I will be picking for DM_7 and I'm pretty confident he will be happy with it. :cool:

Sorry, my eyes deceived me.

• Advertisement

I wake up to Jim Ross taken.... another name bites the dust from my list.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Yoko was the only talent I had penned in but hulk got there just before me.

Had about 5 names that I hummed and hawed on for about 3 hours. Good old JR was one I knew I'd like 100% and would certainly use. Might have shot the load early but had a feeling he might go soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

God damnit another low low draft number for me this round. Seems like any time I get a high number it's immediately counteracted with a bottom number. Going to be a long wait to see if I get the man I wanna put against Kerry!

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Yoko was the only talent I had penned in but hulk got there just before me.

Had about 5 names that I hummed and hawed on for about 3 hours. Good old JR was one I knew I'd like 100% and would certainly use. Might have shot the load early but had a feeling he might go soon.

Yoko and JR were both on my list for your roster pick next round... back to the drawing board!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

After a whole rake of picks last night my top 2 picks are actually still available but I'm getting a Brunno Sanmartino feeling and think Slick at no.19 may nab my planned pick for some reason.

Anywhoo finally got around to reading Campo's first show
    Strangely I really liked how the focus was not on Piper but instead on your two factions. We know Hotrod is a star and he does not need to be built up but in your first episode you made the Nation (in particular I liked how Lethal interacted with Lashley) & The Wyatt's and of course that end with Sullivan & Doctor Death being kicked out (and sent back to Papa Wyatt) of the Wyatt's was good and made Bray look like someone not to be messed with... hmm now where is Bray's dad? :pac:

looking forward to reading more.

Was surprised Yoko went so late and as part of that tag team he is great Value but there are still a few others I think it's mad are still available but it is also a good sign as people clearly aren't shoehorning big names in and instead have plans for those they are drafting atm.

• Advertisement

God damnit another low low draft number for me this round. Seems like any time I get a high number it's immediately counteracted with a bottom number. Going to be a long wait to see if I get the man I wanna put against Kerry!

Well it could be worse TBC..... Could be two low draft orders in a row like some.

the fact that youve had a high draw one round and a lowish one the next, suggests that youve had an even amount of luck. Someone like Campo for example, i feel is always on the lower of the draws

JR was a passing fancy considering his history as Austins buddy who feuded with my Pillman. Nothing mad will change with him gone.

And so goes the lone wolf, he actually went undrafted last year. Smackdown has done him the world of good.

With the Rumble on this weekend, one of the biggest PPVs of the year, Id like to remind everyone to keep the thread free from Spoilers or potential spoilers. Im avoiding every other part of PW boards as everywhere seems flooded with speculation and such. I, like many others, like to watch the Rumble spoiler free and enjoy each surprise and twist as it happens, so lets avoid talking about that here.

That being said, the round 13 draft order will be decided in a little game Ive devised.

Click here for the details

beakerjoe wrote: »
    With the Rumble on this weekend, one of the biggest PPVs of the year, Id like to remind everyone to keep the thread free from Spoilers or potential spoilers. Im avoiding every other part of PW boards as everywhere seems flooded with speculation and such. I, like many others, like to watch the Rumble spoiler free and enjoy each surprise and twist as it happens, so lets avoid talking about that here.

That being said, the round 13 draft order will be decided in a little game Ive devised.

Click here for the details

I absolutely love this idea Joe! Have my number up already, great idea!

Corbin was actually on my list of back ups if Graham and Patterson didn't make it to me. Didn't have any plans for him but he can work in a couple of different scenarios. Really like Paulie's roster I have to say.

Necrominus wrote: »
    I absolutely love this idea Joe! Have my number up already, great idea!

I havent seen Raw or Smackdown this week, so hoping to catch that later. So hopefully no numbers have been revealed yet, though it wont make a big difference yet.

I shall reveal how the order will be drawn up once all picks are made.

I will add a closing date of Friday Night 8pm to add a number and Ive pm'd everyone so they are aware. If anyone hasnt picked by then they will be assigned a number at random from what numbers remain.

Hopefully this will add some fun to the event (not that it needs more mind you)

I havent seen Raw or Smackdown this week, so hoping to catch that later. So hopefully no numbers have been revealed yet, though it wont make a big difference yet.

I shall reveal how the order will be drawn up once all picks are made.

I will add a closing date of Friday Night 8pm to add a number and Ive pm'd everyone so they are aware. If anyone hasnt picked by then they will be assigned a number at random from what numbers remain.

Hopefully this will add some fun to the event (not that it needs more mind you)

I caught most of Smackdown and didn't see any reference to numbers but I breezed through it so could be wrong. Mainly wanted to watch it for the Styles/Cena promo.

One thing Id like to run by everyone for a moment, I may be spoiling things in relation to teh stips here but i feel I can not decide on my own.

Round 13 is currently down as the "Every promotion is eligible" round, where all promtions such as CHIKARA, NOAH, PROGRESS, OTT etc... become eligible promotions.

I had planned on the rumble round tying in with this stip, But i feel round 13 doesnt leave enough rounds for thsi to be eligible (I was thinking 4 was a lovely amount, i feel 3 is too little)

but I initially wanted this round to be round 12, as to have 4 rounds were people could pick guys from other promotions since there seems to be a rake of queries in relation to many MANY different wrestlers (some I never heard of) and I fear we may begin round 12 before the rumble starts.

So would people like the "every promotion is eligible! round to begin in round 12 or 13?

I feel like Id like it to begin in round 12 so theres more rounds to draft lads from all over, what do you guys think?

I don't see it needing to tie in with the Rumble decided order so I'm fine with rd12 for that. I'll roll with whatever either way though

• Advertisement

I don't see it needing to tie in with the Rumble decided order so I'm fine with rd12 for that. I'll roll with whatever either way though

I was just hoping to tie it in so people had something to root for as a high round order would give you access the new pool of talent available in that round, esp since theres 3 or 4 guys in particular that seem to be in demand as Ive had eligibility checks from more than one player.

The other isnt as dramatic you see. I was hoping to have it in round 12, but the timing didnt work out when the round fell as we are ahead of schedule

No I think opening up the draft for 4 rounds is a good idea. Either way it probably won't affect me as I have pretty much everything in place for my storylines, just need to make the picks to make it work now. All tying together nicely now.

I was just hoping to tie it in so people had something to root for as a high round order would give you access the new pool of talent available in that round, esp since theres 3 or 4 guys in particular that seem to be in demand as Ive had eligibility checks from more than one player.

The other isnt as dramatic you see. I was hoping to have it in round 12, but the timing didnt work out when the round fell as we are ahead of schedule

O I get that and I def like the idea but either way it'll work well imo

To Lee and ImnottheHulk, both have picked numbers already drawn, please select another number guys

• Registered Users Posts: 86,734 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Joe you are doing a smashing job with the draft even if you have gone stip power mad :P

200_s.gif

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Joe you are doing a smashing job with the draft even if you have gone stip power mad :P

Im just trying my best to keep things fresh, fair and fun without making a mess of things

simpsons-barbeque-pit-kit.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

So having spent the last 2-3 hours messing with GIMP to try get an image of my roster together... I still havent a breeze what I'm doing!!
    Almost certainly say that I wont have any images in my storylines!!

daithi1989 wrote: »
    So having spent the last 2-3 hours messing with GIMP to try get an image of my roster together... I still havent a breeze what I'm doing!!

Don't worry too much - I had no images or roster pics last year at all. If the story is good enough that will shine through.

daithi1989 wrote: »

You can still use images from the web,

Gimps is most certainly handy but its not as easy to navigate as photoshop. Its a little tricky but Im sure ill come to terms with it.

• Advertisement

Necrominus wrote: »
    Don't worry too much - I had no images or roster pics last year at all. If the story is good enough that will shine through.

+1. The images are bells and whistles. They can help the reader imagine it a little easier but its the writing that counts. Necros shows last year were very good indeed and he had none.

Have a look back on last years thread to get a feel of what the standard is. Necro finished high enough in the score board for his write ups IIRC

Advertisement