Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 10th Annual PW Draft 2017 Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

When I was given Matt Cappotelli in the bonus round, it was either a choice between using him properly or jobbing him out.

I think I'm going to go with the former.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

When I was given Matt Cappotelli in the bonus round, it was either a choice between using him properly or jobbing him out.

I think I'm going to go with the former.

Surprised you didn't take a tag partner with Bob. But then again if you have a specific plan you might not need the extra body...

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

beakerjoe wrote: »
    +1. The images are bells and whistles. They can help the reader imagine it a little easier but its the writing that counts. Necros shows last year were very good indeed and he had none.

Have a look back on last years thread to get a feel of what the standard is. Necro finished high enough in the score board for his write ups IIRC

Just see the images being used by others - didnt want to be left behind!! No idea what I'm at in Gimp though, and no amount of Youtube tutorial videos have helped!

Alas, I have images of all my drafts downloaded now if nothing else, and will just use them if needs be!

Bob Holly was on my list too - should be a good pick!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Necrominus wrote: »
    Surprised you didn't take a tag partner with Bob. But then again if you have a specific plan you might not need the extra body...

With Bob, one tag partner may be bring a comedic side to his fed taht he might not want to be fair.

Delighted that Cheese is using his bonus pick, makes it all worthwhile. Bob Holly is a great pick too. Hes as real life tough as they come

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

With Bob, one tag partner may be bring a comedic side to his fed taht he might not want to be fair.

Delighted that Cheese is using his bonus pick, makes it all worthwhile. Bob Holly is a great pick too. Hes as real life tough as they come

Regards bonus picks I wont who you would have considered the best of the bonus picks as I was delighted with Godwinns who will play a major enough part in my fed

• Advertisement

campo wrote: »
    Regards bonus picks I wont who you would have considered the best of the bonus picks as I was delighted with Godwinns who will play a major enough part in my fed

I think its each to their own to be honest. I wouldnt have wanted the godwins but I would of used them had I got them maybe as Southern Justice as a team of hired goons for a heel.

I love Todd Pettengil (think TBC picked him up). I have found an angle for my own Clarence Mason, so Im happy.

All bonus picks havent been picked in the last 3 or so years (some never) so they are handy to have.

Some bonus picks didnt make it obviously since there was a pool of over 80 possible guys and gals. I will reveal those names when the draft finishes.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

My picks keep coming up when I am on my phone so I am missing the intro's to my pick.

Anyway decided to go with Tommy End. Hoping he will start on NXT proper soon to increase his profile more. Appearance on UK tourney had me spooked about waiting to pick him.

DM_7 wrote: »
    My picks keep coming up when I am on my phone so I am missing the intro's to my pick.

Anyway decided to go with Tommy End. Hoping he will start on NXT proper soon to increase his profile more. Appearance on UK tourney had me spooked about waiting to pick him.

I may be wrong, but he wasnt eligible until this years draft (well in the usual eligible promotions rules) and this is his first time drafted.

His WWEUK match if anything may have scarred people off that dont know him, as he was unimpressive in that match, but Tommy can go and I expect him to be great in NXT. Could be a very shrewd pick

I may be wrong, but he wasnt eligible until this years draft (well in the usual eligible promotions rules) and this is his first time drafted.

His WWEUK match if anything may have scarred people off that dont know him, as he was unimpressive in that match, but Tommy can go and I expect him to be great in NXT. Could be a very shrewd pick

The tourney made me go oh crap as he was one of four I had listed for the relaxing of that rule. Although I since found one of the others is eligible anyway. But that is for later.

DM_7 wrote: »
    The tourney made me go oh crap as he was one of four I had listed for the relaxing of that rule. Although I since found one of the others is eligible anyway. But that is for later.

Tommy was available from the start, he had matches In NXT under his new name as far back as October.

• Advertisement

Tommy was available from the start, he had matches In NXT under his new name as far back as October.

Oh right!

I assumed it had to be on a taping to count. Better pay more attention.

Im not fully sold on GIMP, but for free I suppose its grand. Oh and I like my roster

0VN.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Harley Race snatched 4 picks before me, gotta rethink my next pick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Kerry Von Erich was my first choice tbh. So you're unlucky!

Sorry Spongey, he was never getting to you. Bounty Hunter had sent me a pm earlier with his pick of Race, so he was going.

He was my first choice this round until the delay caused me to think of a plan for Shamrock, hence why i drafted him.

BH and I both correctly predicted that Harley race wouldnt last past Slick and we were right. BH should be online around 12 for his pick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Tried my hand at the ol roster photo, expect the one I actually use to be very different.

0Vt.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,297 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

We should have a award vote for best roster photo and/or ppv photo as these are great lads

Tried my hand at the ol roster photo, expect the one I actually use to be very different.

0Vt.jpg

Poor Tye just gets a 10... no face time for Dillenger

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    We should have a award vote for best roster photo and/or ppv photo as these are great lads

Yeah, the more draft slammies the better I think. I'm sure Joe has that all under control though! Obviously the standard big 3 for the overall winner but then the side awards such as best feud, best heel/face, best match and the rest are fun to vote on too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

After a whole rake of picks last night my top 2 picks are actually still available but I'm getting a Brunno Sanmartino feeling and think Slick at no.19 may nab my planned pick for some reason.

... knew it!

Wanted him plus a tag partner given the round stip but alas

Gonna need some time for a plan B as I'm and out about and gotta pm Joe to confirm an option

Edit: very pleased with Bam Bam and much like Slick's pick (really nice looking roster dude) I am honestly very surprised he was even still available as we enter rd11

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,297 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I am not too in the know about my pick Elgin but reading up quite impressed and hope Furious-Red can use Chavo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I am not too in the know about my pick Elgin but reading up quite impressed and hope Furious-Red can use Chavo

Big Elgin fan, he is a great no nonsence wrestler that can work well with so many different wrestlers. Would have been big in the 80s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Von Erich, Race and Bam Bam were my list of 3 for this round.

Bam Bam is a terribly underrated pick most Drafts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

After losing Harley Race, i decided on Bam Bam but woke up this morning to see him gone. A lot of thinking i've had to do so will have my pick up shortly.

Am i right in saying that the TNA title is no longer considered for tag team purposes?

After losing Harley Race, i decided on Bam Bam but woke up this morning to see him gone. A lot of thinking i've had to do so will have my pick up shortly.

Am i right in saying that the TNA title is no longer considered for tag team purposes?

Yep, hasn't been since round 4/5 I think.

Yes, you can draft a world champion from TNA/NJPW in a tag team.

Chavo is a great bonus pick, a great wrestler, plenty of history and links with a few in Furious's roster, and hes very versatile. Great Stuff Liz

Ive no idea who I want this round, nor have I an idea yet for Campos bonus pick. I do wonder who Lee will pick for me though.

EC3 and Fandango, former FCW champs iirc (I drafted them as a team my first year).

EC3 has been in my roster 2 of the last 3 years and hes very under rated IMO, while Johnny Fandango Curtis is a great under utilized talent (along with his current reallife tag partner) who should be used better.

Great tag pick Spongey

Also EC3 was on my radar as was Perry Saturn..... had a nice story for EC3 had he reached me, alas I hope Spongey has a good plan for him

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Chavo is a great bonus pick, a great wrestler, plenty of history and links with a few in Furious's roster, and hes very versatile. Great Stuff Liz

Ive no idea who I want this round, nor have I an idea yet for Campos bonus pick. I do wonder who Lee will pick for me though.

I have a few guys/gals in mind for you but already have seen a couple of options disappear in EC III and JR.

Advertisement