Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 10th Annual PW Draft 2017 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Feck, i only spotted Ethan was still not picked after making my last pick and hoped it would slide trough. I really have to pay more attention!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

DM_7 wrote: »
    Feck, i only spotted Ethan was still not picked after making my last pick and hoped it would slide trough. I really have to pay more attention!

I did the same with The Warrior, was convinced he was still around at round 10, never noticed her went to Brad.

LeeJM wrote: »
    I have a few guys/gals in mind for you but already have seen a couple of options disappear in EC III and JR.

Surprise me Lee, I would have loved JR for a GM role. EC3 was never in my mind until yday when Hardcore Holly got snapped up.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Have two options for my pick for Shag's roster that I think would really suit. Not sure yet which way I'm going to go

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Ah was hoping EC3 would get to the next round , I was close to choosing him before Alexa

• Advertisement

He went in round 7 last year, so expecting him to last another round was very wishful thinking.

Im surprised you left it that long Red since you queried him in round 6, and he was queried by another draftee too before he was snatched up by Spongey.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I think my PPV (going by current plans) will be a WrestleKingdom / WWE big 4 PPV type of deal with around 9 matches and one would assume a run time of around 4+hrs

I think my PPV (going by current plans) will be a WrestleKingdom / WWE big 4 PPV type of deal with around 9 matches and one would assume a run time of around 4+hrs

Jesus christ!

I think mine was of similar vein last year, 7 matches, one being an 60 minute + overtime Ironman match.

This year Im going with six, I dont plan on drafting more tag teams (yet)

EDIT : Its actually 7, jeeze, I do give myself the work

Yeah I had 6 last year. Aiming for that figure again or maybe one more if my roster can stretch to it.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Jesus christ!

I think mine was of similar vein last year, 7 matches, one being an 60 minute + overtime Ironman match.

This year Im going with six, I dont plan on drafting more tag teams (yet)

EDIT : Its actually 7, jeeze, I do give myself the work

Not intentional but yeah not making things easy for myself. That's even with trying to add some variety to the card with as it stands plans for a six man tag, triple threat and tag team match among them and yet it's still looking like 9 matches... that said not sure if I should be counting the Horace Hogan match :P

• Advertisement

Not intentional but yeah not making things easy for myself. That's even with trying to add some variety to the card with as it stands plans for a six man tag, triple threat and tag team match among them and yet it's still looking like 9 matches... that said not sure if I should be counting the Horace Hogan match :P

I had 7, one was a six man tag, another was a tag amtch involving a celeb, 3 womens matches (one of which was a submission match) and 2 singles, one of which was Ironman match and the other was a no holds barred match between Nakamura and EC3.

Right now Ive my matches, but I dont see any stip matches in my card just yet.

10 picks until my pick and Im sure my pick will be taken

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

I think my PPV will probably have 8 matches, have 7 of them locked in so just need to draft the final 3 competitors and some support picks and i'm good to go. Lot of writing ahead :eek:

I think my PPV will probably have 8 matches, have 7 of them locked in so just need to draft the final 3 competitors and some support picks and i'm good to go. Lot of writing ahead :eek:

I know the feeling plus I probably won' be posting any of it until after rd 15 just so I can have a full roster on board for my shows. tbh I don't think 8 is too many matches anyway especially if you have a pre-show type divide like I've done the last few years... sorry Horace you will get used a lot on my shows but the pre-show will be your home.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Thrilled to land Perry Saturn. Cheers Spongey. I had him on my shortlist as he suits my roster beautifully.

I need to get a bite to eat but I should have my pick up fairly soon.

Thrilled to land Perry Saturn. Cheers Spongey. I had him on my shortlist as he suits my roster beautifully.

I need to get a bite to eat but I should have my pick up fairly soon.

Dont forget to choose your number for round 13 too MNG :)

Great pick in Mickie James, her promo the last week really made me aware of her mic skills again and had she and Asuka not already duked it out in NXT last year, she would be drafted by me. (well had MNG not selected her.)

Great bonus pick (and kudos for the Simpsons ref, bonus points for you) for DM_7, Lana needs Rusev and Rusev needs Lana. Cant fault that.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Funny

I was going to pick Mickie James and Lana was my back up.

Will have something up in a bit.

DETAILS FOR ROUND 13 ARE UP.....

I hope everyones as excited as I am.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057697993&page=3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Boo-urns.

Tried to be too smart. I'd pick 1 thinking It'd be the longest in the rumble. Probably be a big name so I'll be lasting a while at least. Was a toss up between 1 and 2. 2 could be an early faller.

Great stip though will add much to my rumble viewing.

Here's hoping 7 is a jobber of epic proportions!

• Advertisement

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Boo-urns.

Tried to be too smart. I'd pick 1 thinking It'd be the longest in the rumble. Probably be a big name so I'll be lasting a while at least. Was a toss up between 1 and 2. 2 could be an early faller.

Great stip though will add much to my rumble viewing.

Well even though traditional number 1 and 2 are the longest in a rumble, it isnt always the case. 99 and 2000, both 1 and 2 went out early enough so there is hope.

James Ellsworth can come out at anytime. He could be 1 against Braun Strowman and your in luck.

I biggest fear is that someone will be attacked ala Curtis Axel and cause me a spot of bother when deciding what to do with their number, depending on the circumstances.

DM_7, ABMG, Necrominus, Shagnasti are all online, could have a nice run of picks

I biggest fear is that someone will be attacked ala Curtis Axel and cause me a spot of bother when deciding what to do with their number, depending on the circumstances.

Well Curtis Axel was technically in the Rumble for over a year... so... but I get what you mean:P

Necrominus wrote: »
    Well Curtis Axel was technically in the Rumble for over a year... so... but I get what you mean:P

Well if he gets attacked and said attacker takes his place then that works itself out, however if hes attacked and doesnt make it and no one else takes his place, then they will be bottom of the pile sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I'd nearly say if somebody gets attacked /doesn't get a chance to enter they either win by default (draw number one) or lose their pick(drawn number 20th)

ShagNastii wrote: »
    I'd nearly say if somebody gets attacked /doesn't get a chance to enter they either win by default (draw number one) or lose their pick(drawn number 20th)

Yeah thats the plan, but you know WWE, they will throw a spanner in my works

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Does anybody have any interest in Sabu? I will listen to all reasonable offers

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Cool stip. Hope I land a jobber. Ellsworth would be handy I reckon.

• Advertisement

Cool stip. Hope I land a jobber. Ellsworth would be handy I reckon.

I think he may pull a Jerry lawler and go hiding. But sure time will tell.

Me thinks 10 would have been a good number if Tye debuts, hed be sure to last a decent amount when debuting (if he is)

I just hope the round order makes the rumble for fun for others. Your fantasy tournament was the inspiration for it.

Oh and there will be an actual stip attached to round 13 too

Advertisement