Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 10th Annual PW Draft 2017 Discussion Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I think he may pull a Jerry lawler and go hiding. But sure time will tell.

Me thinks 10 would have been a good number if Tye debuts, hed be sure to last a decent amount when debuting (if he is)

I just hope the round order makes the rumble for fun for others. Your fantasy tournament was the inspiration for it.

Oh and there will be an actual stip attached to round 13 too

I loved when Lawler did that. It was really fresh and I genuinely forgot he was in the Rumble he was under the ring for so long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I have to think of more gifs to go with my picks...... ~looks up next picks name and sees what he can do~

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Thanks MNG for selecting Lana. Helps me a lot.

Hopefully I have made a helpful pick for Brad in Caristico who Brad positioned well at the end of last years show(s).

I went with Apollo Crews. Hopefully Campo wasn't going planning on pairing him with Jay Lethal.

I had a list of Ethan Carter or Apollo and Mickie James or Lana and ended up with two of them so that worked out great for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Thanks DM, had Caristico on my list again plus pre-WWE Mistico vs present day Ricochet would no doubt be all kinds of awesome. Honestly just relieved you didn't go with the obvious for me as I had zero plans for him to fit into :p Now I think I know who'll be joining NCW but still unsure of my own pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Am I right in thinking the World Title rule for tag teams is back in action now (apart from TNA & IWGP)?

• Advertisement

Am I right in thinking the World Title rule for tag teams is back in action now (apart from TNA & IWGP)?

Yep it was only for round 10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Was really surprised to see Bam Bam last so long, I was tempted to take him each round but as each round went bye without him being picked I had convinced myself that he was forgotten about and I would get him in a later round

Pick up and PM sent to Shag. I think the Natural Disasters would probably have lasted another round but wasn't willing to take that chance. Delighted with Bob Backlund - that makes me think about a rejig of my plans now again!

I was torn between two for Shag's pick and hope I made the right decision.

I hate you for that pick Necro.

I didnt want the natural disasters, but I hoped Lord TSC would draft the shockmaster

I never even thought of that to be honest! I had narrowed it down to two teams and went with Natural Disasters as they fit a little more snugly into a planned angle than other said team. All sorts of things are running through my mind at the moment about Backlund/Trump interactions. So many ideas!!

• Advertisement

Trump as a GM with Backlund as his bumbling asst could be gold

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Pick made and PM sent.

Hope Bounty likes Candido. I was gonna go for Lance Storm with Candido as a plus but then Storm went. Looked at some other big names that BH has had before so I just went with Candido (he has been drafted early enough the last few years)

Wasn't bowled over by my pic when I first saw it but thinking about it, Michelle McCool will fit brilliant with a few angles I have developed. May actually bring a bit to add to the "attitude era" vibe I'm going for.

Seems every round there is one major talent that is going longer than normal. Bam Bam, Yoko being stand outs. There is one person that often ranks as the draft's best pick every year yet to be selected.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Very happy with my bonus and as for LTSC I actually always thought I could give evil doink a fun storyline and on his roster it shouldn't feel out of place

It's amazing Doink hasn't been drafted in the last few years. I'm being honest when I say I was looking at him this year.

Brilliant heel. Easily one of the top ten in the WWF new generation.

Another update as there's been quite a few picks since the last:

Mr Nice Guy: Kurt Angle, Chad Gable and Jason Jordan (American Alpha), Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat, Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas (World's Greatest Tag Team), Rey Mysterio, Will Ospreay, Terry Funk, Todd Pettengill, Minoru Suzuki & Naomichi Marufuji, Muhammad Ali, Dean Malenko, Perry Saturn, Mickie James

Lord TSC: Xavier Woods, Big E, Kofi Kingston (The New Day), "Broken" Matt Hardy, Vince McMahon, "Big Poppa Pump" Scott Steiner, The Big Show, The Iron Shiek, Mantaur, Raven & Tommy Dreamer, Charlie Sheen, The Sandman, Doink the Clown

Bounty Hunter: Hulk Hogan, Batista, Mr Perfect & Scott Hall, 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase & Stan Hansen, Kevin Nash, Andre The Giant, Mike 'IRS' Rotunda & Dan 'Waylon Mercy' Spivey, Horace Hogan, Manami Toyota & Aja Kong, 'Rowdy' Ronda Rousey, Bam Bam Bigelow, Chris Candido, Abdullah the Butcher & The Original Sheik

Daithi1989: Sting, Randy Orton, Goldberg, Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase Jnr (Priceless), Luke Harper and Erick Rowan, Booker T, AJ Lee & Kaitlyn (The Chickbusters), Captain Lou Albano, Hornswoggle & Finlay, Brodus Clay & Tensai/Albert (Tons of Funk), Naomi & Tamina Snuka (Team B.A.D.)

A Brad Maddox Guy: Brock Lesnar, Mick Foley, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Shane McMahon, "The Road Dogg" Jesse James, and "The Bad Ass" Billy Gunn (The New Age Outlaws), The Ultimate Warrior, Rich Swann & Ricochet, Ludvig Borga, Damien Sandow & Tye Dillinger, Mickey Rourke, Jack Swagger, Caristico, Lance Storm & Justin Credible (The Impact Players)

LeeJM: AJ Styles, Sheamus, "The Villain" Marty Scurll, 'The Bruiserweight' Pete Dunne & Trent Seven (British Strong Style), Chris Hero, Tazz & Sabu, Tyler Bate, Norman Smiley, Damien Corvin & Bonesaw (Kings of The North), X-Pac & Jerry Lynn, Barry Windham(Trade), Luther Ward

Beakerjoe: Randy Savage, The Miz, Kevin Owens (Trade), Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard (The Brainbusters), Gargano and Ciampa (DIY), Brian Pillman, Asuka, Clarence Mason, Adrian Neville & Corey Graves (Trade), ACH & Matt Sydal, Ken Shamrock & Steve Blackman

Thebostoncrab: Shinsuke Nakamura, Chris Benoit, The Young Bucks, Legion of Doom, Akira Tozawa and Sami Zayn, Kyle O'Reilly & Adam Cole BAE-BAE!!, Katsuyori Shibata, Nicole Bass, THE Brian Kendrick & Low Ki, El Hijo del Santo, Kerry Von Erich

Campo: Roddy Piper, Bray Wyatt, Braun Strowman, Bobby Lashley, D'Lo Brown and The Godfather, Mark Henry, 'Dr Death' Steve Williams & Kevin Sullivan, The Godwinns, Tama Tonga & Tanga Roe (Guerillas of Destiny), Jay Lethal, Sycho Sid & Shane Douglas

Paulie21: Chris Jericho, The Rock, Dolph Ziggler, The Briscoes, Alberto Del Rio, Karl 'Doc' Anderson and Luke Gallows (The Club), Sasha Banks, Bertha Faye, Heath Slater & Rhyno, Stacey Keibler & Torrie Wilson, Baron Corbin

BrianRegan09: Owen Hart, Roman Reigns, Okada, Enzo Amore & Big Cass, Jushin Thunder Liger, Paul Heyman, Tetsuaya Naito & Yujiro Takahashi, Bruce Hart (Trade), Leo Kruger, Tito Ortiz, Lex Luger

JP Liz V1: Stone Cold Steve Austin, Antonio Cesaro, Tyson Kidd, Austin Aries, Nigel McGuinness, Chyna, Beth Phoenix, Carlito & Primo, Nidia, Ryback & Curtis Axel (Rybaxel), Snoop Dogg, Kharma & Hamada, Michael Elgin

Cheese Wagstaff: Bret Hart, Seth Rollins, Jeff Hardy, Christian, John Morrison, Umaga & Rosey, Meng & The Barbarian, Matt Cappotelli, Eric Bischoff, Sean O'Haire & Mark Jindrak, Hardcore Holly

Shagnastii: The Undertaker, Kane, Keiji Mutoh, William Regal & Tajiri, Ron Simmons/Faarooq, Antonio Inoki, 'PS' Michael Hayes & Terry 'Bam Bam' Gordy (The Fabulous Freebirds), Rodney Mack, Goldust, 'Iron' Mike Tyson, Zack Sabre Jnr (Trade), Jim Ross, Michelle McCool, Vampiro

Spongey1975: Ric Flair, CM Punk, Dean Ambrose, Christopher Daniels & Kazarian (The Addiction), Rob Van Dam, Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin (The Motor City Machine Guns) Ax & Smash (Demolition), Midajah, Bruno Sammartino, The Big Boss Man & One Man Gang, The Hurricane aka Gregory Helms, Jimmy Yang, Ethan Carter III & Fandango

Imnotthehulk: Daniel Bryan, "The British Bulldog" Davey Boy Smith and Dynamite Kidd (The British Bulldogs), "Glorious" Bobby Roode, "Mr Wonderful" Paul Orndorff & "Ravishing" Rick Rude, James Storm & Abyss, Jimmy 'Superfly' Snuka & Bruiser Brody, Jeff Jarrett, Lord Alfred Hayes (Trade), MVP & Ken Anderson, Diamond Dallas Page (DDP), The Wild Samoan/Samu & The Great Kokina/Yokozuna (Samoan Swat Team)

DM_7: Finn Bálor, John Cena, Kota Ibushi, Kenny Omega, Charlotte & Becky Lynch, Rusev, Trish Stratus, Jimmy & Jey (The Usos) (Trade), 'The Giggalo' Jimmy Del Ray & 'The Doctor' Tom Pritchard, 'The Chosen One' Drew Galloway/McIntyre, Pentagon Jr, Tommy End, Lana, Apollo Crews

Necrominus: Samoa Joe (Trade), Edge, Vader, Stephanie McMahon, Bubba Dudley/Bully Ray and D-Von Dudley (The Dudley Boyz), Muhammad Hassan, Bayley & Emma, Ranjin Singh, The Fabulous Moolah, President Donald Trump, 'Superstar' Billy Graham & Pat Patterson, Bob Backlund, Earthquake & Typhoon (The Natural Disasters)

Furious Red: Eddie Guerrero, Triple H (HHH), John Bradshaw Layfield (JBL), Dash & Dawson (The Revival), Wade Barrett, Eddie Edwards & Davey Richards (American Wolves), Lita, Aaron 'Jesus' Aguilera, Doug Williams & Magnus (The British Invasion), Gail Kim, Kalisto & Sin Cara (The Lucha Dragons), Chavo Guerrero, Alexa Bliss

SlickRic: Jake 'The Snake' Roberts, (HBK) Shawn Michaels, Mitsuhara Misawa, Kenta Kobashi, Dusty Rhodes, Hideo Itami, Jerry 'The King' Lawler, Ricky Morton & Robert Gibson (The Rock'N'Roll Express), Timothy Well & Steven Dunn (Well Dunn), Nick Bockwinkel & Ray 'The Crippler Stevens, Floyd 'Money' Mayweather Jr, Harley Race

Great stuff Necro, its much appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Just looking at that roster list (again great work Necro) but somehow I have missed Spongey amassing a sneaky great roster. Shag and Slickric both have that real old school feel too their rosters and Im interested to see what they have planned. But still my favourite roster just from star power perspective is DM_7s just an absolutely fantastic roster.

In relation to BHs pick, I must admit to liking his pick for Lord TSC more than his own pick. Doink is a very niche character but hes a massively under rated persona.

In relation to BHs pick, I must admit to liking his pick for Lord TSC more than his own pick. Doink is a very niche character but hes a massively under rated persona.

Back in the day I used to mark out for Doink, very underrated character IMHO

Every roster is very much on par this year I think. Quite drawn towards Bounty Hunter's myself. Like seeing when big factions get amassed in the draft. A big coup getting Hogan, Nash and Hall. Even though I've never had him DiBaise always ranks as an MVP every year.

The main event feuds are really intriguing this year. There are so many that never crossed paths IRL. I think we could have guys that never fought being the marquee match in everybodies PPV.

It's nice if you develop a feud with guys that have history but I think year in year out the "fantasy" match ups and their angles just have that something else that makes them great.

Again, hard to pick a top billing standout but my juices are flowing at that CM Punk/Flair pairing. Quite possibly the two strongest personalities in wrestling history.

• Advertisement

campo wrote: »
    Back in the day I used to mark out for Doink, very underrated character IMHO

He was.on my list of bonus picks for you

Lord TSC did a nice job with Flair and Punk a few years back, Flair and Punk have both been on winning rosters separately the last 3 years, so both together will only enhance a rosters credibility.

Bret v Rollins is one feud im very interested in

Furious Red roster interest me, I was a big fan of the Guerrero/JBL feud back in the day plus he has a great tag team division

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

LeeJM wrote: »
    Just looking at that roster list (again great work Necro) but somehow I have missed Spongey amassing a sneaky great roster. Shag and Slickric both have that real old school feel too their rosters and Im interested to see what they have planned. But still my favourite roster just from star power perspective is DM_7s just an absolutely fantastic roster.

Thanks Lee, I have gone for a (mostly) current roster. I bet we have a similar gravitation towards certain names but I don't think I have huge star power compared to others. Plenty wouldn't be drawn to guys like Tommy End and Pentagon. Kenny and Kota are, as HBK put it on Jericho's podcast, off the radar fot many out in Japan.

On star power through the ages I see some very impressive rosters. Some really impressive drafting to get groups like NWO or Team Angle with Gable and Jordan. Great duos like Bret and Rollins (Particularly inpressive with the stip in round 1).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Very happy with Doink. Truth be told, I likely would have picked him in the last round or two anyway, so BH has saved me a pick there :)

Working on my pick and Cheese's now :)

Hmm. I googled "wrestling straight men" to look for a normal guy to juxtaposition against the rest of my insane roster.

Didn't think that google search through. Luckily I was alone in the room when I did it :pac:

Risk of a triple post :P

Just waiting on confirmation of a tag pick for Cheese before I post. :)

EDIT: Been told I can't do tag picks >_< Will do it up now.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Risk of a triple post :P

Just waiting on confirmation of a tag pick for Cheese before I post. :)

Don't think you can give others a tag team

Pick up.

Yeah, I didn't read the stip fully. And I was so proud of myself for thinking of the tag team, but alas.

Anyway, Stevie is my straight guy for my roster. Have had him before and his Right to Censor gimmick will provide a fun counterpoint to the insane asaylum. And how couldn't I take Meanie with him for fun too :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Glad to see the love for Doink, I had him in mind for the past few years but couldn't quite find the right storyline for him. Happy to see LTSC had him in mind anyway as that means he should get a story worthy of himself. Gotta admit whenever I think of him now though I just think of the OSW boys "Doink Brah, Making kids cry Brah!"

So I can't really blame you for saying you prefer that pick to my own in this round as tbh I kinda do too but my own is def more important than it for my planned storylines. Oh and for the people who said they like factions being drafted together like my NWO picks well my last few picks should mean that I will have not just one but numerous complete factions on my roster this year :)

Have a feeling I'll be rushed on my writing though as I'd usually be writing shows already at this stage but atm any posts I am doing are coming from poolside or as I wait for the missus to finish her 90min massage while I only got a 60min one... yay for Chinese new year holidays.

btw considering The Rumble stip I am sure we will have a lot of rumble talk in here but it'd be great if people could spoiler any talk of who won the thing as I won't be able to watch the rumble for a few days but will still be checking out this thread.

Advertisement