Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 10th Annual PW Draft 2017 Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Pick up, trade made and my weekend is back to be going a good one

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I honestly cannot believe Heenan lasted this long.

Someone talked about how every round there has been one person that we wondered how are they still available, Sanmartino, Yokozuna, Bam Bam Bigelow, and Heenan is def the one this time.

I came so so close to taking him with Bockwinkle very early on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Heenan should never ever last until round 12. I thought about him so much, but id be shoe horning him in at this stage.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Roster reviews:
    Mr Nice Guy: Kurt Angle, Chad Gable and Jason Jordan (American Alpha), Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat, Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas (World's Greatest Tag Team), Rey Mysterio, Will Ospreay, Terry Funk, Todd Pettengill, Minoru Suzuki & Naomichi Marufuji, Muhammad Ali, Dean Malenko, Perry Saturn, Mickie James

I really like this roster. As you've said yourself I believe it may be your strongest yet. Getting Team Angle and American Alpha on the same roster is really clever selection. Most years you're in or around the top of the pile come awards time and I expect this year to be no different.
    Lord TSC: Xavier Woods, Big E, Kofi Kingston (The New Day), "Broken" Matt Hardy, Vince McMahon, "Big Poppa Pump" Scott Steiner, The Big Show, The Iron Shiek, Mantaur, Raven & Tommy Dreamer, Charlie Sheen, The Sandman, Doink the Clown

This is definitely my favorite roster - the bat**** mental characters you've selected together should make for great reading. I'm also wondering what format you're going to write this in as last year you had an excellent outside the ring story building and it was one of the great shames last year it couldn't be completed.
    Bounty Hunter: Hulk Hogan, Batista, Mr Perfect & Scott Hall, 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase & Stan Hansen, Kevin Nash, Andre The Giant, Mike 'IRS' Rotunda & Dan 'Waylon Mercy' Spivey, Horace Hogan, Manami Toyota & Aja Kong, 'Rowdy' Ronda Rousey, Bam Bam Bigelow, Chris Candido, Abdullah the Butcher & The Original Sheik

The NWO on one roster? Again, great picking and your main event scene will be an interesting one. Especially interested to see how Rousey and Batista fit in to your storylines as I expect a strong showing again.
    Daithi1989: Sting, Randy Orton, Goldberg, Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase Jnr (Priceless), Luke Harper and Erick Rowan, Booker T, AJ Lee & Kaitlyn (The Chickbusters), Captain Lou Albano, Hornswoggle, Brodus Clay & Tensai/Albert (Tons of Funk), Naomi & Tamina Snuka (Team B.A.D.), Rikishi (Trade), Scotty 2 Hotty & Grandmaster Sexay (Too Cool), Takeshi Morishima

Your first year in the draft and you've amassed a very good roster already. Your main event scene will be interesting as any combination of your top three picks would be interesting. Also, great drafting with Too Cool and Tons of Funk on the same roster, that should be a fun read.
    A Brad Maddox Guy: Brock Lesnar, Mick Foley, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Shane McMahon, "The Road Dogg" Jesse James, and "The Bad Ass" Billy Gunn (The New Age Outlaws), The Ultimate Warrior, Rich Swann & Ricochet, Ludvig Borga, Damien Sandow & Tye Dillinger, Mickey Rourke, Jack Swagger, Caristico, Lance Storm & Justin Credible (The Impact Players)

I really like this roster. Again it's another one I'll be keeping an eye on the main event as the later selection of Warrior taking on Lesnar (If you decide to go that way) could be both fun and mental at the same time.
    LeeJM: AJ Styles, Sheamus, "The Villain" Marty Scurll, 'The Bruiserweight' Pete Dunne & Trent Seven (British Strong Style), Chris Hero, Tazz & Sabu, Tyler Bate, Norman Smiley, Damien Corvin & Bonesaw (Kings of The North), X-Pac & Jerry Lynn, Barry Windham(Trade), Luther Ward, Juventud Guerrera, Finlay (Trade)

Looking forward to seeing how you blend the British/Irish talent you've drafted alongside more established names. You had a strong showing last year and I'm interested to see if Alpha IV may be reunited through a trade as they were one of the teams of the draft for me last year.
    Beakerjoe: Randy Savage, The Miz, Kevin Owens (Trade), Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard (The Brainbusters), Gargano and Ciampa (DIY), Brian Pillman, Asuka, Clarence Mason, Adrian Neville & Corey Graves (Trade), ACH & Matt Sydal, Ken Shamrock & Steve Blackman, Madusa, Paige, Matt Riddle

The defending champion, and already looking set for another strong showing towards the top of the ladder. I'm really looking forward to seeing how you use Owens as I expect he's near the top of your card. Redrafting DIY was a clever move and I'm very interested in seeing how you move forward for continuity purposes without your main man Cesaro from last year.
    Thebostoncrab: Shinsuke Nakamura, Chris Benoit, The Young Bucks, Legion of Doom, Akira Tozawa and Sami Zayn, Kyle O'Reilly & Adam Cole BAE-BAE!, Katsuyori Shibata, Nicole Bass, THE Brian Kendrick & Low Ki, El Hijo del Santo, Kerry Von Erich, La Parka, Dalton Castle

As always your roster looks strong and I'm really looking forward to seeing how all the pieces fit together. Nakamura VS Benoit could be match of the draft but LOD VS Young Bucks has me very interested too.
    Campo: Roddy Piper, Bray Wyatt, Braun Strowman, Bobby Lashley, D'Lo Brown and The Godfather, Mark Henry, 'Dr Death' Steve Williams & Kevin Sullivan, The Godwinns, Tama Tonga & Tanga Roe (Guerillas of Destiny), Jay Lethal, Sycho Sid & Shane Douglas, 'Cowboy' Bob Orton, Bad Luck Fale

Wyatt and Piper on the same roster is very clever, and I like how you've brought back the Nation. I'm going to go into it too much as I don't to spoil your first show for others but I'm intrigued to see how things are set up moving forward. With the latest addition of Bad Luck Fale you potentially have three factions running roughshod over your company.
    Paulie21: Chris Jericho, The Rock, Dolph Ziggler, The Briscoes, Alberto Del Rio, Karl 'Doc' Anderson and Luke Gallows (The Club), Sasha Banks, Bertha Faye, Heath Slater & Rhyno, Stacey Keibler & Torrie Wilson, Baron Corbin, Roderick Strong, Brie Bella & Nikki Bella (The Bella Twins), Gangrel

Definitely one of my favorite rosters. Y2J, Rock, Ziggler and even Del Rio are 4 who can interchange at the top of your card and I'm looking forward to see how you put it together. You've also set up a strong undercard with The Club VS The Briscoes (with a little bit of Slator-Gator thrown in perhaps?) and you have a nice women's division building.
    BrianRegan09: Owen Hart, Roman Reigns, Okada, Enzo Amore & Big Cass, Jushin Thunder Liger, Paul Heyman, Tetsuaya Naito & Yujiro Takahashi, Bruce Hart (Trade), Leo Kruger, Tito Ortiz, Lex Luger, Psicosis & Super Crazy (The Mexicools)

Like others have said I'm really interested in seeing how you book Roman Reigns. There's a number of guys you can put him up against on your roster so it will be interesting to see which way you go. The addition of Tito Ortiz (clever pick by the way) also has me interested.
    JP Liz V1: Stone Cold Steve Austin, Antonio Cesaro, Tyson Kidd, Austin Aries, Nigel McGuinness, Chyna, Beth Phoenix, Carlito & Primo, Nidia, Ryback & Curtis Axel (Rybaxel), Snoop Dogg, Kharma & Hamada, Michael Elgin, Jesse 'The Body' Ventura

I'm really interested in seeing which way you go this year. You're without some of your standard yearly picks (namely Christian and Shatner) and I think it's a good thing. Tyson Kidd was booked by you very strongly last year so I'd be interested to see will he remain that way. Your women's division is by far the strongest assembled as of yet so that has me intrigued also (damn you for taking Beth & Chyna by the way, I wanted at least one).
    Cheese Wagstaff: Bret Hart, Seth Rollins, Jeff Hardy, Christian, John Morrison, Umaga & Rosey, Meng & The Barbarian, Matt Cappotelli, Eric Bischoff, Sean O'Haire & Mark Jindrak, Hardcore Holly, Joey Mercury, Jamie Noble

I love the continuity you're bringing this year to your roster with Rollins and O'Haire. The addition of Bret Hart alongside Seth Rollins is a great pick too imo given certain real life comments. I thought your write ups last year were excellent so I would consider you a serious contender this time around.
    Shagnastii: The Undertaker, Kane, Keiji Mutoh, William Regal & Tajiri, Ron Simmons/Faarooq, Antonio Inoki, 'PS' Michael Hayes & Terry 'Bam Bam' Gordy (The Fabulous Freebirds), Rodney Mack, Goldust, 'Iron' Mike Tyson, Zack Sabre Jnr (Trade), Jim Ross, Michelle McCool, Vampiro

I love that you're staying with the WWF Classic brand as I think it brings a unique feel to your write-ups. Your roster is one where I'm looking forward to seeing what feuds you set up as a genuinely have no idea who will be at the top of your card. I would expect Taker but against who? There are numerous options.
    Spongey1975: Ric Flair, CM Punk, Dean Ambrose, Christopher Daniels & Kazarian (The Addiction), Rob Van Dam, Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin (The Motor City Machine Guns) Ax & Smash (Demolition), Midajah, Bruno Sammartino, The Big Boss Man & One Man Gang, The Hurricane aka Gregory Helms, Jimmy Yang, Ethan Carter III & Fandango

This I think is one of my favorite rosters. Flair and Punk are two of the biggest characters in professional wrestling history. I know it's been done before but adding in the Lunatic Fringe (and not forgetting about Bruno) could make things incredibly interesting. Your tag scene also is stacked and MCMG VS Demolition could be gold.
    Imnotthehulk: Daniel Bryan, "The British Bulldog" Davey Boy Smith and Dynamite Kidd (The British Bulldogs), "Glorious" Bobby Roode, "Mr Wonderful" Paul Orndorff & "Ravishing" Rick Rude, James Storm & Abyss, Jimmy 'Superfly' Snuka & Bruiser Brody, Jeff Jarrett, Lord Alfred Hayes (Trade), MVP & Ken Anderson, Diamond Dallas Page (DDP), The Wild Samoan/Samu & The Great Kokina/Yokozuna (Samoan Swat Team), Jacqueline, TJ Perkins

Again, another roster I really like. Your main event scene has so many options it's just to hard to pick a match I'd love to see - I want to see them all! Getting Yokozuna so late was a great coup too and I'm interested to see where he'll end up.
    DM_7: Finn Bálor, John Cena, Kota Ibushi, Kenny Omega, Charlotte & Becky Lynch, Rusev, Trish Stratus, Jimmy & Jey (The Usos) (Trade), 'The Giggalo' Jimmy Del Ray & 'The Doctor' Tom Pritchard, 'The Chosen One' Drew Galloway/McIntyre, Pentagon Jr, Tommy End, Lana, Apollo Crews

Your main event scene is unbelievable. So many options and again I can't decide which I'd prefer. Getting Charlotte, Becky and Trish together is another great coup as I'd pay to see any combination of the three.
    Necrominus: Samoa Joe (Trade), Edge, Vader, Stephanie McMahon, Bubba Dudley/Bully Ray and D-Von Dudley (The Dudley Boyz), Muhammad Hassan, Bayley & Emma, Ranjin Singh, The Fabulous Moolah, President Donald Trump, 'Superstar' Billy Graham & Pat Patterson, Bob Backlund, Earthquake & Typhoon (The Natural Disasters)

I'm actually happier with my roster than I was last year. Getting Trump while a much wanted pick has actually caused me some dilemma as to how to use him. However I'm confident I have a direction now and looking forward to writing it in the next few weeks.
    Furious Red: Eddie Guerrero, Triple H (HHH), John Bradshaw Layfield (JBL), Dash & Dawson (The Revival), Wade Barrett, Eddie Edwards & Davey Richards (American Wolves), Lita, Aaron 'Jesus' Aguilera, Doug Williams & Magnus (The British Invasion), Gail Kim, Kalisto & Sin Cara (The Lucha Dragons), Chavo Guerrero, Alexa Bliss

Another great roster. Again you have a top quality main event scene with many options I'd be more than happy to see. There's also a healthy tag division here and I'm looking forward to see it coming together.
    SlickRic: Jake 'The Snake' Roberts, (HBK) Shawn Michaels, Mitsuhara Misawa, Kenta Kobashi, Dusty Rhodes, Hideo Itami, Jerry 'The King' Lawler, Ricky Morton & Robert Gibson (The Rock'N'Roll Express), Timothy Well & Steven Dunn (Well Dunn), Nick Bockwinkel & Ray 'The Crippler Stevens, Floyd 'Money' Mayweather Jr, Harley Race, Marty Jannetty, Jim Cornette

Another roster dripping with quality. Will be interesting to see how Mayweather fits into your card as he's the one name that stands out from the rest on this primarily old school roster.

All in all it's going to be a very difficult vote for best roster as there are so many quality ones to choose from. Great picking everyone, keep up the good work.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Heenan should never ever last until round 12. I thought about him so much, but id be shoe horning him in at this stage.

Heenan was the guy I was torn over drafting for Shag as I felt it fitted his roster. Went with McCool in the end but I probably should have gone the other way (Don't kill me now Shag:P)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Have ripped up a few storylines now that I dont have Riddle. War Machine are a team I was tempted to take earlier so happy to get them now. Couple of trades lined up too so plenty of options still available for the final 3 rounds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

So I've killed the dream match!

To be honest I was struggling to write something for Benoit vs Nakamura that was something beyond "dream match", so this trade I think will not only help deliver on a match up but make a much better storyline.

I wish you had made that before I did my roster reviews :P:P:P:P:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

LeeJM wrote: »
    Have ripped up a few storylines now that I dont have Riddle. War Machine are a team I was tempted to take earlier so happy to get them now. Couple of trades lined up too so plenty of options still available for the final 3 rounds.

War Machine V KOTN is genuinely one of my favourite OTT matches of all time. I hope even if they ain't feuding that that match gets another showing.

Necrominus wrote: »
    I wish you had made that before I did my roster reviews :P:P:P:P:P

Hahaha it actually crossed my mind!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

ShagNastii wrote: »
    War Machine V KOTN is genuinely one of my favourite OTT matches of all time. I hope even if they ain't feuding that that match gets another showing.

Ill see what I can do ;)

Will Lawler show Nakamura who the real king of strongstyle is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Benoit adds a different feel to my roster, and I couldn't hold Cornette from Campo, especially if I could reunite Heenan and Bockwinkel.

Dusty Rhodes?
    Jake Roberts?
    Misawa?

Any of them are a dream match.

Heenan and Mayweather could also be promo gold!

Delighted to get Cornette, I have some epic promos in mind for him and I think trading Heenan was a fair trade for everyone.

I could not believe Heenan was still available I had to double check when Slickric asked me to pick him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'll have my pick up soon. Torn between two different picks at the moment.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Thebostoncrab: Naito is gone ages ago.

I guess you wanted Riddle too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

TBC I have Naito sorry man

DM_7 wrote: »
    Thebostoncrab: Naito is gone ages ago.

I guess you wanted Riddle too.

I already pmd him with the news, hopefully he has more options

Got my third pick (Riddle was top) so happy with that!

Also, who needs a politician like Trump when I can a politician with a rich wrestling history 😎

If on the off chance that we fly through the picks tonight and we are onto round 13, I will have the round 13 order up first thing tomorrow morning. Tonights gonna be a busy night with loads of guys on here for the rumble so it is possible, though I doubt it.

Good luck to everyone, I hope the round order is kind to you all

• Advertisement

I'm in the middle of writing my 2nd show but wondering are others going to wait till their roster is full

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,291 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'll have my pick up soon. Torn between two different picks at the moment.

They are a great tag pick at this stage

campo wrote: »
    I'm in the middle of writing my 2nd show but wondering are others going to wait till their roster is full

I need at least 2 more picks before I can complete my first show so will probably wait until after round 15 at this point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

campo wrote: »

I haven't written anything yet. I don't plan on writing until maybe 2 more rounds are complete.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,291 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Thanks Imnotthehulk for Jesse Ventura, I can use him so many ways

Heenan is a great pick at this stage, was thinking of taking him again earlier but wanted some newbies this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Hey guys (and gal),

Sorry bout the delay. I'm just home after travelling cross country. Should have my pick up ASAP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Imnotthehulk

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Thanks Imnotthehulk for Jesse Ventura, I can use him so many ways

I was gonna use him myself ... but then thought screw it, it's nice to be generous!

Thought I'd try my hand on another poster.
    FALLBRAWL2_zpsxgvw9xs9.jpg

spent ages on that and just noticed I spelt wrestling wrong! DOH!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Just lost my Gimp virginity. Here's what i managed with my roster pic

SWE%20Roster_zpsdljvwnzt.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

RCW drafts another high flyer for our International Title Tournament

Gran Metallic

-HtfTD0L.jpg

Assume that was meant for the other stickied thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Yep lol changed it now

Advertisement