Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 10th Annual PW Draft 2017 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

They weren't my planned pick, but I was hoping the Author's of Pain would have slipped through to me. After last night I should have guessed again.

And to compound things I picked number 7. Braun frickin Strowman. He's gonna win the damn thing isn't he?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

AOP

Needed them. Can't figure out whi I didn't pick them last round. Ah well. Good pick Brad.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

The stip for the Rumble added to my enjoyment so well played, beakerjoe.

I landed Dolph on my number and was delighted when Brock's music hit soon after. I was shouting 'hurry up' as he made his way down the aisle. Dolph was in a decent amount of time though so not sure where I'll wind up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Question about the stip, if I pick X wrestler but my bonus is also X then what happens? Also please use that gif everytime someone gets the dud?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,014 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

I got Bray Wyatt guessing I'll be nearer the bottom

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Really hope nobody mentions the Rumble winner in here, only thread I'm reading at the minute...

Looking at the stip for the next round and it really could be perfect for my roster with the NWO, Hogan buddies, Million Dollar Fellas etc although one thing is some of those lads could probably also be Dud picks like my Horace Hogan pick from earlier although I guess there are so many options that the other 3 (not including the non related pick) wouldn't be like Hogan's Cousin. It's funny how sometimes I look forward to picks in rounds like this or the pick for the next guy round more than important early rounds because of the novelty and surprise involved.

Really hope nobody mentions the Rumble winner in here, only thread I'm reading at the minute...

Looking at the stip for the next round and it really could be perfect for my roster with the NWO, Hogan buddies, Million Dollar Fellas etc although one thing is some of those lads could probably also be Dud picks like my Horace Hogan pick from earlier although I guess there are so many options that the other 3 (not including the non related pick) wouldn't be like Hogan's Cousin. It's funny how sometimes I look forward to picks in rounds like this or the pick for the next guy round more than important early rounds because of the novelty and surprise involved.

I'd be the same in regards to these type of rounds. It really adds to the intrigue about who you're going to get. I remember getting my jobber last year (as of yet undrafted and will remain nameless) and had great fun with him. So much so, if I get my planned picks and he's still available I may draft him again in the last round.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

campo wrote: »
    I'm in the middle of writing my 2nd show but wondering are others going to wait till their roster is full

Im waiting until my roster is complete. It makes planning/writing easier if I have patients, but its so hard not to get tempted to post a show just yet

Question about the stip, if I pick X wrestler but my bonus is also X then what happens? Also please use that gif everytime someone gets the dud?

If wrestler X is on the bonus list, another wrestler will take his place for your bonus pick. I have more than 5 potantial names to add in in case of such an event. the last few rounds have been great as they have opened up more possibilities for bonus picks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

campo wrote: »
    I'm in the middle of writing my 2nd show but wondering are others going to wait till their roster is full

I wont post any show until my roster is complete but i've started writing yesterday. Got my feuds mapped out so most segments i can do now without knowing who i will draft over the last 3 rounds

Another roster update complete with trades:

Mr Nice Guy: Kurt Angle, Chad Gable and Jason Jordan (American Alpha), Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat, Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas (World's Greatest Tag Team), Rey Mysterio, Will Ospreay, Terry Funk, Todd Pettengill, Minoru Suzuki & Naomichi Marufuji, Muhammad Ali, Dean Malenko, Perry Saturn, Mickie James, Paul London & Billy Kidman

Lord TSC: Xavier Woods, Big E, Kofi Kingston (The New Day), "Broken" Matt Hardy, Vince McMahon, "Big Poppa Pump" Scott Steiner, The Big Show, The Iron Shiek, Mantaur, Raven & Tommy Dreamer, Charlie Sheen, The Sandman, Doink the Clown, Stevie Richards & The Blue Meanie

Bounty Hunter: Hulk Hogan, Batista, Mr Perfect & Scott Hall, 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase & Stan Hansen, Kevin Nash, Andre The Giant, Mike 'IRS' Rotunda & Dan 'Waylon Mercy' Spivey, Horace Hogan, Manami Toyota & Aja Kong, 'Rowdy' Ronda Rousey, Bam Bam Bigelow, Chris Candido, Abdullah the Butcher & The Original Sheik, Rick Steiner & Eddie Gilbert

Daithi1989: Sting, Randy Orton, Goldberg, Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase Jnr (Priceless), Luke Harper and Erick Rowan, Booker T, AJ Lee & Kaitlyn (The Chickbusters), Captain Lou Albano, Hornswoggle, Brodus Clay & Tensai/Albert (Tons of Funk), Naomi & Tamina Snuka (Team B.A.D.), Rikishi (Trade), Scotty 2 Hotty & Grandmaster Sexay (Too Cool), Juventud Guerrera (Trade)

A Brad Maddox Guy: Brock Lesnar, Mick Foley, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Shane McMahon, "The Road Dogg" Jesse James, and "The Bad Ass" Billy Gunn (The New Age Outlaws), The Ultimate Warrior, Rich Swann & Ricochet, Ludvig Borga, Damien Sandow & Tye Dillinger, Mickey Rourke, Jack Swagger, Caristico, Lance Storm & Justin Credible (The Impact Players), Authors of Pain

LeeJM: AJ Styles, Sheamus, "The Villain" Marty Scurll, 'The Bruiserweight' Pete Dunne & Trent Seven (British Strong Style), Chris Hero, Tazz & Sabu, Tyler Bate, Norman Smiley, Damien Corvin & Bonesaw (Kings of The North), X-Pac & Jerry Lynn, Barry Windham(Trade), Luther Ward, Takeshi Morishima (Trade), Finlay (Trade), War Machine

Beakerjoe: Randy Savage, The Miz, Kevin Owens (Trade), Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard (The Brainbusters), Gargano and Ciampa (DIY), Brian Pillman, Asuka, Clarence Mason, Adrian Neville & Corey Graves (Trade), ACH & Matt Sydal, Ken Shamrock & Steve Blackman, Madusa, Paige, Matt Riddle

Thebostoncrab: Shinsuke Nakamura, Jerry 'The King' Lawler (Trade), The Young Bucks, Legion of Doom, Akira Tozawa and Sami Zayn, Kyle O'Reilly & Adam Cole BAE-BAE!, Katsuyori Shibata, Nicole Bass, THE Brian Kendrick & Low Ki, El Hijo del Santo, Kerry Von Erich, La Parka, Dalton Castle, Kensuke Sasaki & Hiroshi Haze

Campo: Roddy Piper, Bray Wyatt, Braun Strowman, Bobby Lashley, D'Lo Brown and The Godfather, Mark Henry, 'Dr Death' Steve Williams & Kevin Sullivan, The Godwinns, Tama Tonga & Tanga Roe (Guerillas of Destiny), Jay Lethal, Sycho Sid & Shane Douglas, 'Cowboy' Bob Orton, Bad Luck Fale, Jim Cornette (Trade)

Paulie21: Chris Jericho, The Rock, Dolph Ziggler, The Briscoes, Ken Anderson (Trade), Karl 'Doc' Anderson and Luke Gallows (The Club), Sasha Banks, Bertha Faye, Heath Slater & Rhyno, Stacey Keibler & Torrie Wilson, Baron Corbin, Roderick Strong, Brie Bella & Nikki Bella (The Bella Twins), Gangrel

BrianRegan09: Owen Hart, Roman Reigns, Okada, Enzo Amore & Big Cass, Jushin Thunder Liger, Paul Heyman, Tetsuaya Naito & Yujiro Takahashi, Bruce Hart (Trade), Leo Kruger, Tito Ortiz, Lex Luger, Psicosis & Super Crazy (The Mexicools), Carmella, Gran Metallic

JP Liz V1: Stone Cold Steve Austin, Antonio Cesaro, Tyson Kidd, Austin Aries, Nigel McGuinness, Chyna, Beth Phoenix, Carlito & Primo, Nidia, Ryback & Curtis Axel (Rybaxel), Snoop Dogg, Kharma & Hamada, Michael Elgin, Jesse 'The Body' Ventura

Cheese Wagstaff: Bret Hart, Seth Rollins, Jeff Hardy, Christian, John Morrison, Umaga & Rosey, Meng & The Barbarian, Matt Cappotelli, Eric Bischoff, Sean O'Haire & Mark Jindrak, Hardcore Holly, Joey Mercury, Jamie Noble

Shagnastii: The Undertaker, Kane, Keiji Mutoh, William Regal & Tajiri, Ron Simmons/Faarooq, Antonio Inoki, 'PS' Michael Hayes & Terry 'Bam Bam' Gordy (The Fabulous Freebirds), Rodney Mack, Goldust, 'Iron' Mike Tyson, Zack Sabre Jnr (Trade), Jim Ross, Michelle McCool, Vampiro, Dan 'The Beast' Severn

Spongey1975: Ric Flair, CM Punk, Dean Ambrose, Christopher Daniels & Kazarian (The Addiction), Rob Van Dam, Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin (The Motor City Machine Guns) Ax & Smash (Demolition), Midajah, Bruno Sammartino, The Big Boss Man & One Man Gang, The Hurricane aka Gregory Helms, Jimmy Yang, Ethan Carter III & Fandango, Renee Young

Imnotthehulk: Daniel Bryan, "The British Bulldog" Davey Boy Smith and Dynamite Kidd (The British Bulldogs), "Glorious" Bobby Roode, "Mr Wonderful" Paul Orndorff & "Ravishing" Rick Rude, James Storm & Abyss, Jimmy 'Superfly' Snuka & Bruiser Brody, Jeff Jarrett, Lord Alfred Hayes (Trade), MVP, Alberto Del Rio (Trade), Diamond Dallas Page (DDP), The Wild Samoan/Samu & The Great Kokina/Yokozuna (Samoan Swat Team), Jacqueline, TJ Perkins, Eric Young

DM_7: Finn Bálor, John Cena, Kota Ibushi, Kenny Omega, Charlotte & Becky Lynch, Rusev, Trish Stratus, Jimmy & Jey (The Usos) (Trade), 'The Giggalo' Jimmy Del Ray & 'The Doctor' Tom Pritchard, 'The Chosen One' Drew Galloway/McIntyre, Pentagon Jr, Tommy End, Lana, Apollo Crews

Necrominus: Samoa Joe (Trade), Edge, Vader, Stephanie McMahon, Bubba Dudley/Bully Ray and D-Von Dudley (The Dudley Boyz), Muhammad Hassan, Bayley & Emma, Ranjin Singh, The Fabulous Moolah, President Donald Trump, 'Superstar' Billy Graham & Pat Patterson, Bob Backlund, Earthquake & Typhoon (The Natural Disasters)

Furious Red: Eddie Guerrero, Triple H (HHH), John Bradshaw Layfield (JBL), Dash & Dawson (The Revival), Wade Barrett, Eddie Edwards & Davey Richards (American Wolves), Lita, Aaron 'Jesus' Aguilera, Doug Williams & Magnus (The British Invasion), Gail Kim, Kalisto & Sin Cara (The Lucha Dragons), Chavo Guerrero, Alexa Bliss

SlickRic: Jake 'The Snake' Roberts, (HBK) Shawn Michaels, Mitsuhara Misawa, Kenta Kobashi, Dusty Rhodes, Hideo Itami, Chris Benoit (Trade), Ricky Morton & Robert Gibson (The Rock'N'Roll Express), Timothy Well & Steven Dunn (Well Dunn), Nick Bockwinkel & Ray 'The Crippler Stevens, Floyd 'Money' Mayweather Jr, Harley Race, Marty Jannetty, Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan (Trade), Bob Sapp

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

I presume (because R5 and 10 were) that R15 will be average pick?? Hopefully it will, as my run at the moment is 16-18-16!

daithi1989 wrote: »
    I presume (because R5 and 10 were) that R15 will be average pick?? Hopefully it will, as my run at the moment is 16-18-16!

Spot on daithi

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Alberto Del Rio playing musical chairs but landed in the best spot

I hate losing kenny, hopefully its worth it

Haha yis aren't doing Necro too many favours with all these mad trades anyway; just when he thinks the roster updates are complete :P

Dont forget, there may be site disruption today after 10am,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Dont forget, there may be site disruption today after 10am,

870685.jpg?b64lines=T0gsIE1ZIEdPRCEgClRIRSBEUkFGVCBBTkQgQk9BUkRTLklFIApIQVZFIERJU0JBTkRFRCE=

738270.jpg?b64lines=IFlPVVIgUElDS1MgQVJFIElOIEJSQUQnUyBIT1VTRS4KLi4uQS1BLUFORCBMSVonUyBIT1VTRS4KIFdIQVQgVEhFIEhFTEwgWU9VIERPSU5HCiBXSVRIIE1ZIFBJQ0tTIElOIFlPVVIKIEhPVVNFPw==

• Advertisement

Havent been to active on here over the weekend. Wanted to catch the Rumble spoiler free since I wasn’t watching live, then watching it on the Monday took up 4 hours.

Delighted to get Alberto and pair him with his real life fiancé. Hopefully I will be able to write well for him and Paige and make the most of them and their self destructive ways.

Sad to see Shamrock depart, really had a great road to redemption story for him, but the lure of Alberto and Paige was too much to resist. Shamrock was great in 97/98 and while he was a great face and worthy of a title run, Stone Cold Mania took hold at the same time and he wasn’t winning that battle. I’m sure Imnotthehulk will use him well.

Some great picks here on over the Sunday night/Monday morning.

Authors of Pain were always going to go after an impressive outing at Takeover.

Bob Sapp is a great talent. The looks of a black Brock Lesnar and the personality of a true charismatic star. A great pick in this round. Had him in 2014 but never got the best out of him (had him as the new muscle for Brian Kendrick)

Naom dar is a great talent. I feel his size holds him back in WWE but hes great and I could listen to him all day long.

War machine are a great hard hitting tag team, surely Lee will get the best out of them esp in his BritWres fed.

Bill Kidman and Paul London are a great pick with great value in relation to being great support to Rey and Ospreay. Kidman/London was my second choice to ACH and Sydal had they not reached me.

A reminder to those picking to send a PM to the next guy. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

Pick made. I had way too much fun writing for these guys, with a really outrageous gimmick that they never had previously. I couldn't resist continuing that this year.

Pick made. I had way too much fun writing for these guys, with a really outrageous gimmick that they never had previously. I couldn't resist continuing that this year.

Yes, The Pro Golfers return. Peter Morton is back, delighted

Might get a nice run of picks now. DM_7, Liz, Daithi and myself all online. Sweating over my pick now as in the lull period I've thought of a storyline that suits one guy. Don't break my heart guys!

Possibly open to offers for Tanahashi if anyone's interested. I have plans for him but not sure if he's the perfect fit for it.

Pick up and PM sent to Lord TSC. Delighted to get my pick over the line wasn't my initial plan this round but thought up a nice storyline involving the two lads since my last pick.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Pick one up.

Checking for a tag pick for my second pick :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

And pick two.

I don't think Truth has been taken yet. I read over everyones roster and couldnt see him.

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Pick one up.

Checking for a tag pick for my second pick :)

I legitimately lol'd

Advertisement