Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 10th Annual PW Draft 2017 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

and who knows maybe Finlay jnr could have been joined up with his Dad should myself and Lee not have just done that trade anyway.

***Looks at list*** Dave Jnr wasnt on the list for Lee, but he does have some nice ones that could go with his roster, so good luck Lee

campo wrote: »
    Ah Beakerjoe you are the man, Bo Dallas was one of those names that were on my list for next round so delighted to get him

Not yet decided where he will fit but he will fit.

You selected him from 5 names, so I cant get all the credit, he could have easily been a dud had you selected number 3 or unrelated had you selected 2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

beakerjoe wrote: »
    You selected him from 5 names, so I cant get all the credit, he could have easily been a dud had you selected number 3 or unrelated had you selected 2

Im presuming Midnight Express were not on list as I was going to take a chance and draft a different team in the vague hope they could be a bonus pick

campo wrote: »
    Im presuming Midnight Express were not on list as I was going to take a chance and draft a different team in the vague hope they could be a bonus pick

A few teams are on the the list, but no Midnights sadly. Most of the teams on the lists are dud picks or undrafted in many previous years.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Harry and Bo going as bonus picks just hurt my list.

Really good bonus' so far.

• Advertisement

DM_7 wrote: »
    Harry and Bo going as bonus picks just hurt my list.

Really good bonus' so far.

Dont worry, you can rest assured your Bonus picks are just as good IMO.

Both Liz and Campo had arguably bigger stars on their bonus lists too.

With it being round 13, Id assume most already have their card of wrestlers assembled.

DM_7 wrote: »
    Joey you are putting in some work leading the draft. Well done to you.

Another 100 on top of the 80 bonus wrestlers is huge effort.

Well some are recycled.

Out of the 80 from the first bonus round, 20 got drafted, so most the 60 lads left over are recycled into the pot for this round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

***Looks at list*** Dave Jnr wasnt on the list for Lee, but he does have some nice ones that could go with his roster, so good luck Lee

Cant wait to see who you have listed for my bonus picks as my roster is very Euro/Indie based Im guessing you had plenty of options

LeeJM wrote: »
    Cant wait to see who you have listed for my bonus picks as my roster is very Euro/Indie based Im guessing you had plenty of options

Ive actually had a list of guys, but changed one name on it as I thought of someone who better fits TBH. But yeah, connections are with 3 guys and all three im sure you'd be pleased with

However, you may someone else unrelated or even pick a dud, so good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 86,728 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Thanks Joe, I am happy with Davey Smith Jnr

I thought I would post my updated roster to help Necrominus ;)

LWE roster:-

Stone Cold Steve Austin, Cesaro & Tyson Kidd, Austin Aries, Nigel McGuinness, Chyna, Beth Phoenix, Carlito & Primo aka The Colóns, Nidia, Ryback and Curtis Axel aka RybAxel, Snoop Dogg, Awesome Kong aka Kharma & Hamada, Michael Elgin, Jesse The Body Ventura, Colt Cabana, Davey Boy Smith Jnr, Steve Blackman (trade)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Considered taking Harry Smith a few rounds ago but decided to try someone new to me instead. Some great bonuses, delighted Bo joins his family.

I can see this being 19 glorious bonus picks and then the dud at the end :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Imnotthehulk

We can basically pick any wrestler at this stage?

We can basically pick any wrestler at this stage?
    potentially, if in doubt PM me

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Another update as there's been a good few picks since last night:

Mr Nice Guy: Kurt Angle, Chad Gable and Jason Jordan (American Alpha), Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat, Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas (World's Greatest Tag Team), Rey Mysterio, Will Ospreay, Terry Funk, Todd Pettengill, Minoru Suzuki & Naomichi Marufuji, Muhammad Ali, Dean Malenko, Perry Saturn, Mickie James, Paul London & Billy Kidman, Ultimo Dragon, Dory Funk Jr

Lord TSC: Xavier Woods, Big E, Kofi Kingston (The New Day), "Broken" Matt Hardy, Vince McMahon, "Big Poppa Pump" Scott Steiner, The Big Show, The Iron Shiek, Mantaur, Raven & Tommy Dreamer, Charlie Sheen, The Sandman, Doink the Clown, Stevie Richards & The Blue Meanie, Simon Dean, R-Truth & Little Jimmy, Shannon Moore

Bounty Hunter: Hulk Hogan, Batista, Mr Perfect & Scott Hall, 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase & Stan Hansen, Kevin Nash, Andre The Giant, Mike 'IRS' Rotunda & Dan 'Waylon Mercy' Spivey, Horace Hogan, Manami Toyota & Aja Kong, 'Rowdy' Ronda Rousey, Bam Bam Bigelow, Chris Candido, Abdullah the Butcher & The Original Sheik, Rick Steiner & Eddie Gilbert, Sabu (Trade), Tatanka

Daithi1989: Sting, Randy Orton, Goldberg, Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase Jnr (Priceless), Luke Harper and Erick Rowan, Booker T, AJ Lee & Kaitlyn (The Chickbusters), Captain Lou Albano, Hornswoggle, Brodus Clay & Tensai/Albert (Tons of Funk), Naomi & Tamina Snuka (Team B.A.D.), Rikishi (Trade), Scotty 2 Hotty & Grandmaster Sexay (Too Cool), Juventud Guerrera (Trade), The Great Khali

A Brad Maddox Guy: Brock Lesnar, Mick Foley, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Shane McMahon, "The Road Dogg" Jesse James, and "The Bad Ass" Billy Gunn (The New Age Outlaws), The Ultimate Warrior, Rich Swann & Ricochet, Ludvig Borga, Damien Sandow & Tye Dillinger, Mickey Rourke, Jack Swagger, Caristico, Lance Storm & Justin Credible (The Impact Players), Authors of Pain,

LeeJM: AJ Styles, Sheamus, "The Villain" Marty Scurll, 'The Bruiserweight' Pete Dunne & Trent Seven (British Strong Style), Chris Hero, Tazz, David Finlay (Trade), Tyler Bate, Norman Smiley, Damien Corvin & Bonesaw (Kings of The North), X-Pac & Jerry Lynn, Barry Windham(Trade), Luther Ward, Takeshi Morishima (Trade), Finlay (Trade), War Machine

Beakerjoe: Randy Savage, The Miz, Kevin Owens (Trade), Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard (The Brainbusters), Gargano and Ciampa (DIY), Brian Pillman, Asuka, Clarence Mason, Adrian Neville & Corey Graves (Trade), ACH & Matt Sydal, Alberto Del Rio(Trade), Gorilla Monsoon (Trade), Madusa, Paige, Matt Riddle

Thebostoncrab: Shinsuke Nakamura, Jerry 'The King' Lawler (Trade), The Young Bucks, Legion of Doom, Akira Tozawa and Sami Zayn, Kyle O'Reilly & Adam Cole BAY-BAY!, Katsuyori Shibata, Nicole Bass, THE Brian Kendrick & Low Ki, El Hijo del Santo, Kerry Von Erich, La Parka, Dalton Castle, Kensuke Sasaki & Hiroshi Haze, Taka Michinoku, Hangman Page

Campo: Roddy Piper, Bray Wyatt, Braun Strowman, Bobby Lashley, D'Lo Brown and The Godfather, Mark Henry, 'Dr Death' Steve Williams & Kevin Sullivan, The Godwinns, Tama Tonga & Tanga Roe (Guerillas of Destiny), Jay Lethal, Sycho Sid & Shane Douglas, 'Cowboy' Bob Orton, Bad Luck Fale, Jim Cornette (Trade), Stan Lane & Bobby Eaton(The Midnight Express), Bo Dallas

Paulie21: Chris Jericho, The Rock, Dolph Ziggler, The Briscoes, Ken Anderson (Trade), Karl 'Doc' Anderson and Luke Gallows (The Club), Sasha Banks, Bertha Faye, Heath Slater & Rhyno, Stacey Keibler & Torrie Wilson, Baron Corbin, Roderick Strong, Brie Bella & Nikki Bella (The Bella Twins), Gangrel

BrianRegan09: Owen Hart, Roman Reigns, Okada, Enzo Amore & Big Cass, Jushin Thunder Liger, Paul Heyman, Tetsuaya Naito & Yujiro Takahashi, Bruce Hart (Trade), Leo Kruger, Tito Ortiz, Lex Luger, Psicosis & Super Crazy (The Mexicools), Carmella, Gran Metallic

JP Liz V1: Stone Cold Steve Austin, Antonio Cesaro, Tyson Kidd, Austin Aries, Nigel McGuinness, Chyna, Beth Phoenix, Carlito & Primo, Nidia, Ryback & Curtis Axel (Rybaxel), Snoop Dogg, Kharma & Hamada, Michael Elgin, Jesse 'The Body' Ventura, Steve Blackman (Trade), Colt Cabana, David Hart Smith

Cheese Wagstaff: Bret Hart, Seth Rollins, Jeff Hardy, Christian, John Morrison, Umaga & Rosey, Meng & The Barbarian, Matt Cappotelli, Eric Bischoff, Sean O'Haire & Mark Jindrak, Hardcore Holly, Joey Mercury, Jamie Noble, Pedro Morales & Carlos Colon, Buddy Rogers, Hakushi

Shagnastii: The Undertaker, Kane, Keiji Mutoh, William Regal & Tajiri, Ron Simmons/Faarooq, Antonio Inoki, 'PS' Michael Hayes & Terry 'Bam Bam' Gordy (The Fabulous Freebirds), Rodney Mack, Goldust, 'Iron' Mike Tyson, Zack Sabre Jnr (Trade), Jim Ross, Michelle McCool, Vampiro, Dan 'The Beast' Severn

Spongey1975: Ric Flair, CM Punk, Dean Ambrose, Christopher Daniels & Kazarian (The Addiction), Rob Van Dam, Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin (The Motor City Machine Guns) Ax & Smash (Demolition), Midajah, Bruno Sammartino, The Big Boss Man & One Man Gang, The Hurricane aka Gregory Helms, Jimmy Yang, Ethan Carter III & Fandango, Renee Young

Imnotthehulk: Daniel Bryan, "The British Bulldog" Davey Boy Smith and Dynamite Kidd (The British Bulldogs), "Glorious" Bobby Roode, "Mr Wonderful" Paul Orndorff & "Ravishing" Rick Rude, James Storm & Abyss, Jimmy 'Superfly' Snuka & Bruiser Brody, Jeff Jarrett, Lord Alfred Hayes (Trade), MVP, Ken Shamrock (Trade), Diamond Dallas Page (DDP), The Wild Samoan/Samu & The Great Kokina/Yokozuna (Samoan Swat Team), Jacqueline, TJ Perkins, Eric Young

DM_7: Finn Bálor, John Cena, Kota Ibushi, Kenny Omega, Charlotte & Becky Lynch, Rusev, Trish Stratus, Jimmy & Jey (The Usos) (Trade), 'The Giggalo' Jimmy Del Ray & 'The Doctor' Tom Pritchard, 'The Chosen One' Drew Galloway/McIntyre, Pentagon Jr, Tommy End, Lana, Apollo Crews, La Sombra & Rush

Necrominus: Samoa Joe (Trade), Edge, Vader, Stephanie McMahon, Bubba Dudley/Bully Ray and D-Von Dudley (The Dudley Boyz), Muhammad Hassan, Bayley & Emma, Ranjin Singh, The Fabulous Moolah, President Donald Trump, 'Superstar' Billy Graham & Pat Patterson, Bob Backlund, Earthquake & Typhoon (The Natural Disasters), Santino Marella & Zack Ryder (Team CoBro)

Furious Red: Eddie Guerrero, Triple H (HHH), John Bradshaw Layfield (JBL), Dash & Dawson (The Revival), Wade Barrett, Eddie Edwards & Davey Richards (American Wolves), Lita, Aaron 'Jesus' Aguilera, Doug Williams & Magnus (The British Invasion), Gail Kim, Kalisto & Sin Cara (The Lucha Dragons), Chavo Guerrero, Alexa Bliss, Noam Dar

SlickRic: Jake 'The Snake' Roberts, (HBK) Shawn Michaels, Mitsuhara Misawa, Kenta Kobashi, Dusty Rhodes, Hideo Itami, Chris Benoit (Trade), Ricky Morton & Robert Gibson (The Rock'N'Roll Express), Timothy Well & Steven Dunn (Well Dunn), Nick Bockwinkel & Ray 'The Crippler Stevens, Floyd 'Money' Mayweather Jr, Harley Race, Marty Jannetty, Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan (Trade), Bob Sapp, The Nasty Boys, Hercules

Everytime you update it in the last 72 hours, I make a trade, sorry and thanks for the work.

Everytime you update it in the last 72 hours, I make a trade, sorry and thanks for the work.

I was actually beginning to think it was planned:P It's no problem, I have everyone lists physically written down at home so as to not draft someone already taken so it's easy enough to transfer. Keeps me busy too in between my picks and my show writing!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Love seeing the trades. Some can totally change the dynamic of the rosters. Will be interesting to if there are any more before everyone kicks off.

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Love seeing the trades. Some can totally change the dynamic of the rosters. Will be interesting to if there are any more before everyone kicks off.

Ive none more planned, that can change though, but Im happy with what Ive got. All my feuds in place I think, just one or two more lads to go.

I pretty much have everything set in stone. All offers will certainly be considered though!

Episode 2 of CWA Fallout is now out, Again I would appreciate all feedback so negative and positive

• Advertisement

Necrominus wrote: »
    I pretty much have everything set in stone. All offers will certainly be considered though!

I am very much in the same boat.

Sorry guys and gal didnt realise I was next. Delighted to get Jimmy in. He is really gonna add to the feel that I want to get across this year.

Thanks Joe I love that bonus pick! The third member of KOTN and a properly good wrestler too. Hmmmm this may change some things.......

Sorry to say but our first dud was drawn, Sorry it had to be you, but them are the breaks of the deadly game that is the bonus round 2.

The Goon was a decent wrestler until Vince got his mitts on him, but to the mainstream fans, The Goon is either barely remembered or totally forgotten

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Geez you weren't joking about the duds.

The Goon is wrestlecrap royalty.

The Goon is total wrestlecrap as Shag says but pre Goon the guy is actually pretty good and a mid level territory star. All Ill say is even the weakest looking guy can be manipulated into a useful roster member

Episode 2 of CWA Fallout is now out, Again I would appreciate all feedback so negative and positive

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Delighted to get Dory Funk Jnr. I had been planning on using Terry Funk in a singles feud but getting his brother might make me rejig a few things.

Here's some feedback for campo's CWA Fallout shows, ep. 1 & 2:
    I enjoyed the opening CWA show one and you've done a great job capturing the voice and character of both Piper and Bray. I particularly liked the song Piper sang to them. You booked Strowman like a monster which was good. Also liked the humour on the show like the Husky reference to Bray from Piper. The ending was strong also with that twist.

Show 2 - As a big Cornette fan, again you've done a great job capturing the distinctive voice of Jimbo. I got a kick out of his promo to Bray. Very good promo for Fale too, getting him over as a badass simply and effectively. Also enjoyed the Lashley promo with Piper and referencing the draft picks. That was nicely done. Bray's comment at the end sets up the next part of the story which I look forward to.

All in all you've set a high standard with your shows. They're polished and easy to read, and you're progressing your stories at a good pace. Look forward to the next instalments.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Sorry notthehulk, I was gifted Mistico (caristico) earlier in the game

Sorry notthehulk, I was gifted Mistico (caristico) earlier in the game

PM Sent already, so hopefully he can change plans quickly

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Imnotthehulk

I upgraded to Mistico II ;)

Delighted with Chris Harris too!

Advertisement