Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 10th Annual PW Draft 2017 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I'll pm Campo to sort that stuff out but just so people know I am considering this round the whoever is online when I pick round so there won't be any favoritism from me and if others think that way things will move pretty fast.

Having said that though we are going at an incredible pace this year, i'd wager faster than any other year. Usually the deadline for writing is around Wrestlemania weekend and even though we are going to be finished drafting before the usual time this year I don't think I will be anywhere near having written as much by that time so hopefully the submission deadline isn't pulled forward too much.

also great work Necro, as usual I've copied and pasted that new list into the OP of the other thread so you don't have to keep making a hard copy elsewhere just check there each time and update whats missing

I actually like that idea a lot. Will keep the game moving at a fast pace.
    Thanks for that BH, I usually use that alright to save writing every single name each time! It surely must be a record to be almost in round 14 and have no missed pick this year. Last year I remember there were a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

paulie21 wrote: »
    Think my pick has been skipped

Paulie, its all my fault. I went to bed last night thinking I was after Red for some reason, I posted my pick in error as it seems and you are next.

If it is Ms Miz and Cedric your after, by all means draft them and Ill rejig my pick. But yeah its my bad and please accept my apologies.

Happy Enough with Maryse, Wasnt going to draft her but I wont trade her either and will work her into my story.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Paulie, its all my fault. I went to bed last night thinking I was after Red for some reason, I posted my pick in error as it seems and you are next.

If it is Ms Miz and Cedric your after, by all means draft them and Ill rejig my pick. But yeah its my bad and please accept my apologies.

Happy Enough with Maryse, Wasnt going to draft her but I wont trade her either and will work her into my story.

The Clash of the Couples. One considers themselves Hollywood royalty. The other.....

Necrominus wrote: »
    The Clash of the Couples. One considers themselves Hollywood royalty. The other.....

Theres actually a few ways I can go, have my thinking cap firmly on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,014 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

I'll not be able to pick til round 6 anyway, have a choice between 5 and gotta go to work now

Pick away now Brad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,014 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

No worries, wasn't after them anyway

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I know he was a main eventer beforehand but for some reason Miz with Maryse seems more like a main eventer while without her he seems like a mid carder (well IC/US level) to me. Could just be because I feel like he has been great since she returned by his side for her current run

I was going to reveal this image when round 15 began..... but I might as well add this now.....

0pL.jpg

In relation to round 16, while it is a bonus round added at the end, it will be very restrictive, so make no plans about exactly who you may want to draft in this round.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Vickie Guerrero is an amazing bonus pick to get, I had her as a GM a while back and she was great to write for

campo wrote: »
    Vickie Guerrero is an amazing bonus pick to get, I had her as a GM a while back and she was great to write for

She has been undrafted since that time IIRC, no one picked her last year. Shes an niche taste

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

She has been undrafted since that time IIRC, no one picked her last year. Shes an niche taste

200.gif

EXCUSE ME...EXCUSE ME....No one else has picked her since

I'm delighted to see Vickie go. I had no plans for her at all but given her connections with Edge and to a lesser degree Steph, I may have considered picking her up in the last round if she was still available. I have a feeling she may have been one of the connections to my roster had I picked a different number

I'm delighted to see Vickie go. I had no plans for her at all but given her connections with Edge and to a lesser degree Steph, I may have considered picking her up in the last round if she was still available. I have a feeling she may have been one of the connections to my roster had I picked a different number

She was not, funnily enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,726 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I would be open to trading Elgin

Updated Roster Pic:

408136.jpg

Coming together nicely now if I do say so :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Could someone pm BH for me?

Could someone pm BH for me?

Done

Just read Campos 2nd show and...
    Cheers for putting over the BWA boys strong, I honestly didn't expect them to go out like that but it was good to read even if I wasn't mr BWA as it is intriguing just like when myself, MNG & Walt used to reference each others shows, no doubt CWA will get a reference no on BWA Raw. I'd agre with Liz that Bray really is your MVP so far but I am also loving Piper and I am very curious to see where you go with him as he was not in your title tournament brackets. I was honestly thinking about the irony of Piper interviewing a new nation leader and his half blackface past when you referenced it and I had a proper LOL moment.

ohh I'm up... a few mins and I'll have my pick up

Done

and like the pm I just sent says you are now next... almost forgot I was supposed to pick!

Looks like I'm up next (Thanks BH!) Will have pick up shortly. Just to clarify is Devon Nicholson on your roster BH or traded to Campo? Just in the midst of a roster update so can add in the trade.

• Advertisement

Never heard of yer pick BH but I am interested in knowing so off to Wiki I go.

Necro up first and a reminder to not only but your pick up, but also who you have chosen to go next in your post, as well as a PM to alert the draftee that you've selected them

It wasnt my plan, but this round could go fairly quick depending on how people choose who goes next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Imnotthehulk

It wasnt my plan, but this round could go fairly quick depending on how people choose who goes next.

So this round .. it's up to us who goes next? Nice!

Pick up and PM sent to Joe. Figured I'd be nice to the face that runs the (draft) place. Tarver is (almost) the final piece of my puzzle. One more and my shows can be unleashed!

Looks like I'm up next (Thanks BH!) Will have pick up shortly. Just to clarify is Devon Nicholson on your roster BH or traded to Campo? Just in the midst of a roster update so can add in the trade.

he's on my roster.

The people going to Campos roster will be named at a later date. Only announced the half of the trade im getting now cos Campo said I could (wrote them out of his show) and so that I could put up my preview show. That should be up later / soon.

His story (Hannibal) is an interesting one Joe but don't worry if you don't know it as I no doubt will touch on his history with one of my other roster members when I write my shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

It's interesting when your guys have so many different gimmicks.

I drafted Regal as the dastardly heel but the way it has played out I may go with goodwill ambassador/ commissioner William Regal. Have a few ideas about some set-ups but I've found over the years that writing good comedy is impossible.

ShagNastii wrote: »

I drafted Regal as the dastardly heel but the way it has played out I may go with goodwill ambassador/ commissioner William Regal. Have a few ideas about some set-ups but I've found over the years that writing good comedy is impossible.

Agreed on my roster for example Mike Rotunda could be in 3 different factions I have.

Speaking of which ... my preview show is up as my roster is essentially complete now

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

ShagNastii wrote: »

Does mean my Dance-off might not come across as I have planned? :(

daithi1989 wrote: »
    Does mean my Dance-off might not come across as I have planned? :(

No, I think Shag is talking about his own writing.

• Advertisement

Another update following completion of round 13:

Mr Nice Guy: Kurt Angle, Chad Gable and Jason Jordan (American Alpha), Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat, Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas (World's Greatest Tag Team), Rey Mysterio, Will Ospreay, Terry Funk, Todd Pettengill, Minoru Suzuki & Naomichi Marufuji, Muhammad Ali, Dean Malenko, Perry Saturn, Mickie James, Paul London & Billy Kidman, Ultimo Dragon, Dory Funk Jr

Lord TSC: Xavier Woods, Big E, Kofi Kingston (The New Day), "Broken" Matt Hardy, Vince McMahon, "Big Poppa Pump" Scott Steiner, The Big Show, The Iron Shiek, Mantaur, Raven & Tommy Dreamer, Charlie Sheen, The Sandman, Doink the Clown, Stevie Richards & The Blue Meanie, Simon Dean, R-Truth & Little Jimmy, Shannon Moore

Bounty Hunter: Hulk Hogan, Batista, Mr Perfect & Scott Hall, 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase & Stan Hansen, Kevin Nash, Andre The Giant, Mike 'IRS' Rotunda & Dan 'Waylon Mercy' Spivey, Horace Hogan, Manami Toyota & Aja Kong, 'Rowdy' Ronda Rousey, Bam Bam Bigelow, Chris Candido, Abdullah the Butcher & The Original Sheik, Rick Steiner & Eddie Gilbert, Sabu (Trade), Tatanka, 'Dr Death' Steve Williams & Kevin Sullivan, Shane Douglas (Trade), Devon 'Hannibal' Nicholson

Daithi1989: Sting, Randy Orton, Goldberg, Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase Jnr (Priceless), Luke Harper and Erick Rowan, Booker T, AJ Lee & Kaitlyn (The Chickbusters), Captain Lou Albano, Hornswoggle, Brodus Clay & Tensai/Albert (Tons of Funk), Naomi & Tamina Snuka (Team B.A.D.), Rikishi (Trade), Scotty 2 Hotty & Grandmaster Sexay (Too Cool), Juventud Guerrera (Trade), The Great Khali, 'Hacksaw' Jim Duggan, Nathan Jones

A Brad Maddox Guy: Brock Lesnar, Mick Foley, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Shane McMahon, "The Road Dogg" Jesse James, and "The Bad Ass" Billy Gunn (The New Age Outlaws), The Ultimate Warrior, Rich Swann & Ricochet, Ludvig Borga, Damien Sandow & Tye Dillinger, Mickey Rourke, Jack Swagger, Caristico, Lance Storm & Justin Credible (The Impact Players), Authors of Pain, Tyler Breeze, Noelle Foley

LeeJM: AJ Styles, Sheamus, "The Villain" Marty Scurll, 'The Bruiserweight' Pete Dunne & Trent Seven (British Strong Style), Chris Hero, Tazz, David Finlay (Trade), Tyler Bate, Norman Smiley, Damien Corvin & Bonesaw (Kings of The North), X-Pac & Jerry Lynn, Barry Windham(Trade), Luther Ward, Takeshi Morishima (Trade), Finlay (Trade), War Machine, Jimmy North, Duncan Disorderly

Beakerjoe: Randy Savage, The Miz, Kevin Owens (Trade), Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard (The Brainbusters), Gargano and Ciampa (DIY), Brian Pillman, Asuka, Clarence Mason, Adrian Neville & Corey Graves (Trade), ACH & Matt Sydal, Alberto Del Rio(Trade), Gorilla Monsoon (Trade), Madusa, Paige, Matt Riddle, Cedric Alexander, Maryse, Miss Elizabeth

Thebostoncrab: Shinsuke Nakamura, Jerry 'The King' Lawler (Trade), The Young Bucks, Legion of Doom, Akira Tozawa and Sami Zayn, Kyle O'Reilly & Adam Cole BAY-BAY!, Katsuyori Shibata, Nicole Bass, THE Brian Kendrick & Low Ki, El Hijo del Santo, Kerry Von Erich, La Parka, Dalton Castle, Kensuke Sasaki & Hiroshi Haze, Taka Michinoku, Hangman Page

Campo: Roddy Piper, Bray Wyatt, Braun Strowman, Bobby Lashley, D'Lo Brown and The Godfather, Mark Henry, The Godwinns, Tama Tonga & Tanga Roe (Guerillas of Destiny), Jay Lethal, Sycho Sid, 'Cowboy' Bob Orton, Bad Luck Fale, Jim Cornette (Trade), Stan Lane & Bobby Eaton(The Midnight Express), Bo Dallas

Paulie21: Chris Jericho, The Rock, Dolph Ziggler, The Briscoes, Ken Anderson (Trade), Karl 'Doc' Anderson and Luke Gallows (The Club), Sasha Banks, Bertha Faye, Heath Slater & Rhyno, Stacey Keibler & Torrie Wilson, Baron Corbin, Roderick Strong, Brie Bella & Nikki Bella (The Bella Twins), Gangrel, Viscera & Val Venis, Vicki Guerrero

BrianRegan09: Owen Hart, Roman Reigns, Okada, Enzo Amore & Big Cass, Jushin Thunder Liger, Paul Heyman, Tetsuaya Naito & Yujiro Takahashi, Bruce Hart (Trade), Leo Kruger, Tito Ortiz, Lex Luger, Psicosis & Super Crazy (The Mexicools), Carmella, Gran Metallic, Homicide & Hernandez, The Goon

JP Liz V1: Stone Cold Steve Austin, Antonio Cesaro, Tyson Kidd, Austin Aries, Nigel McGuinness, Chyna, Beth Phoenix, Carlito & Primo, Nidia, Ryback & Curtis Axel (Rybaxel), Snoop Dogg, Kharma & Hamada, Michael Elgin, Jesse 'The Body' Ventura, Steve Blackman (Trade), Colt Cabana, David Hart Smith

Cheese Wagstaff: Bret Hart, Seth Rollins, Jeff Hardy, Christian, John Morrison, Umaga & Rosey, Meng & The Barbarian, Matt Cappotelli, Eric Bischoff, Sean O'Haire & Mark Jindrak, Hardcore Holly, Joey Mercury, Jamie Noble, Pedro Morales & Carlos Colon, Buddy Rogers, Hakushi

Shagnastii: The Undertaker, Kane, Keiji Mutoh, William Regal & Tajiri, Ron Simmons/Faarooq, Antonio Inoki, 'PS' Michael Hayes & Terry 'Bam Bam' Gordy (The Fabulous Freebirds), Rodney Mack, Goldust, 'Iron' Mike Tyson, Zack Sabre Jnr (Trade), Jim Ross, Michelle McCool, Vampiro, Dan 'The Beast' Severn, Chael Sonnen, Skinner

Spongey1975: Ric Flair, CM Punk, Dean Ambrose, Christopher Daniels & Kazarian (The Addiction), Rob Van Dam, Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin (The Motor City Machine Guns) Ax & Smash (Demolition), Midajah, Bruno Sammartino, The Big Boss Man & One Man Gang, The Hurricane aka Gregory Helms, Jimmy Yang, Ethan Carter III & Fandango, Renee Young, Kelly Kelly & Eve Torres, Summer Rae

Imnotthehulk: Daniel Bryan, "The British Bulldog" Davey Boy Smith and Dynamite Kidd (The British Bulldogs), "Glorious" Bobby Roode, "Mr Wonderful" Paul Orndorff & "Ravishing" Rick Rude, James Storm & Abyss, Jimmy 'Superfly' Snuka & Bruiser Brody, Jeff Jarrett, Lord Alfred Hayes (Trade), MVP, Ken Shamrock (Trade), Diamond Dallas Page (DDP), The Wild Samoan/Samu & The Great Kokina/Yokozuna (Samoan Swat Team), Jacqueline, TJ Perkins, Eric Young, Mistico II, 'The Wildcat' Chris Harris

DM_7: Finn Bálor, John Cena, Kota Ibushi, Kenny Omega, Charlotte & Becky Lynch, Rusev, Trish Stratus, Jimmy & Jey (The Usos) (Trade), 'The Giggalo' Jimmy Del Ray & 'The Doctor' Tom Pritchard, 'The Chosen One' Drew Galloway/McIntyre, Pentagon Jr, Tommy End, Lana, Apollo Crews, La Sombra & Rush, Matanza Cueto, Ryusuke Taguchi

Necrominus: Samoa Joe (Trade), Edge, Vader, Stephanie McMahon, Bubba Dudley/Bully Ray and D-Von Dudley (The Dudley Boyz), Muhammad Hassan, Bayley & Emma, Ranjin Singh, The Fabulous Moolah, President Donald Trump, 'Superstar' Billy Graham & Pat Patterson, Bob Backlund, Earthquake & Typhoon (The Natural Disasters), Santino Marella & Zack Ryder (Team CoBro), 'The Alpha Male' Monty Brown, Mike Adamle, Michael Tarver

Furious Red: Eddie Guerrero, Triple H (HHH), John Bradshaw Layfield (JBL), Dash & Dawson (The Revival), Wade Barrett, Eddie Edwards & Davey Richards (American Wolves), Lita, Aaron 'Jesus' Aguilera, Doug Williams & Magnus (The British Invasion), Gail Kim, Kalisto & Sin Cara (The Lucha Dragons), Chavo Guerrero, Alexa Bliss, Noam Dar, No Way José, Brooklyn Brawler

SlickRic: Jake 'The Snake' Roberts, (HBK) Shawn Michaels, Mitsuhara Misawa, Kenta Kobashi, Dusty Rhodes, Hideo Itami, Chris Benoit (Trade), Ricky Morton & Robert Gibson (The Rock'N'Roll Express), Timothy Well & Steven Dunn (Well Dunn), Nick Bockwinkel & Ray 'The Crippler Stevens, Floyd 'Money' Mayweather Jr, Harley Race, Marty Jannetty, Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan (Trade), Bob Sapp, The Nasty Boys, Hercules

Advertisement