Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 10th Annual PW Draft 2017 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

daithi1989 wrote: »
    Spent the evening writing my preview show. Surprised with how well its gone tbh; didnt think I had it in me!

Just putting a few tweaks to it, and might have it up tonight or tomorrow evening.

Good man Daithi, great to hear new players like Daithi are enjoying it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Yeah I've spent the last few hours messing around on GIMP doing up graphics for my main card. I know what matches I want, I know how I want to get there - now I just have to write the damn thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,726 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Shows being submitted thick and fast, and its crazy how fast this years drafting has gone. It makes me wonder how many shows we might see posted to with people so eager to get going.

To put it in perspective, last year the draft finished at round 15, which ended on March 15th. Its already into round 14 and its not even Valentines day yet. Amazing.

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    The draft is heating up
    Woo Woo Woo

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

Okay - bit the bullet, and my preview show is up! As I burst my draft cherry, all feedback, positive and negative, would be grateful from you veterans.

I hope its not too long for a preview, and it sets somethings up, but still has enough intrigue.

I didnt bother with Graphic though, as any pictures I had were far too big, and I wasnt able use Gimp.

Its been a fun evening!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Some feedback for BWA Preview show
    You really showed the strength of your roster and the choices you have regards factions is first class
    I really like the idea of Dibiase being company owner and running rough shot over the roster

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Hopefully this wont happen but Joe what happens in the event that somebody misses the 24hr deadline on their pick?

Feedback for Necrominus Stephanie McMahon could prove to be a very good pick and it's interesting to see where you go with trump
    The Rising Star Championship is genius and there will be a few others who wished the came up with it

LeeJM wrote: »
    Hopefully this wont happen but Joe what happens in the event that somebody misses the 24hr deadline on their pick?

Historically the went to the back of the queue

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

campo wrote: »
    Historically the went to the back of the queue

I think he meant because technically there is no queue, and no next in line either. I wouldn't worry though, Furious Red has made a good few picks during the night so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

• Advertisement

With that pick made I can now write my preview show. Should be up by the end of tonight

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

This is one of the reasons the draft runs so well, everyone is pitching in whether it is yourself doing this, Necrominus with the list of picks, Joe obviously and everyone in general with PMs etc

In case anyone is looking for these posts just like how I edit Necros lists into the OP of the other thread I will edit any of these (if/when more are added) into the OP of this thread... so cheers ABMG

A good few picks last night so another update:

Left to pick (no particular order):
    Lord TSC (up next)
    Imnotthehulk
    Spongey1975
    BrianRegan09
    Paulie21
    SlickRic
    Cheese Wagstaff

Mr Nice Guy: Kurt Angle, Chad Gable and Jason Jordan (American Alpha), Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat, Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas (World's Greatest Tag Team), Rey Mysterio, Will Ospreay, Terry Funk, Todd Pettengill, Minoru Suzuki & Naomichi Marufuji, Muhammad Ali, Dean Malenko, Perry Saturn, Mickie James, Paul London & Billy Kidman, Ultimo Dragon, Dory Funk Jr, Io Shirai & Mayu Iwatani

Lord TSC: Xavier Woods, Big E, Kofi Kingston (The New Day), "Broken" Matt Hardy, Vince McMahon, "Big Poppa Pump" Scott Steiner, The Big Show, The Iron Shiek, Mantaur, Raven & Tommy Dreamer, Charlie Sheen, The Sandman, Doink the Clown, Stevie Richards & The Blue Meanie, Simon Dean, R-Truth & Little Jimmy, Shannon Moore

Bounty Hunter: Hulk Hogan, Batista, Mr Perfect & Scott Hall, 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase & Stan Hansen, Kevin Nash, Andre The Giant, Mike 'IRS' Rotunda & Dan 'Waylon Mercy' Spivey, Horace Hogan, Manami Toyota & Aja Kong, 'Rowdy' Ronda Rousey, Bam Bam Bigelow, Chris Candido, Abdullah the Butcher & The Original Sheik, Rick Steiner & Eddie Gilbert, Sabu (Trade), Tatanka, 'Dr Death' Steve Williams & Kevin Sullivan, Shane Douglas (Trade), Devon 'Hannibal' Nicholson

Daithi1989: Sting, Randy Orton, Goldberg, Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase Jnr (Priceless), Luke Harper and Erick Rowan, Booker T, AJ Lee & Kaitlyn (The Chickbusters), Captain Lou Albano, Hornswoggle, Brodus Clay & Tensai/Albert (Tons of Funk), Naomi & Tamina Snuka (Team B.A.D.), Rikishi (Trade), Scotty 2 Hotty & Grandmaster Sexay (Too Cool), Juventud Guerrera (Trade), The Great Khali, 'Hacksaw' Jim Duggan, Nathan Jones

A Brad Maddox Guy: Brock Lesnar, Mick Foley, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Shane McMahon, "The Road Dogg" Jesse James, and "The Bad Ass" Billy Gunn (The New Age Outlaws), The Ultimate Warrior, Rich Swann & Ricochet, Ludvig Borga, Damien Sandow & Tye Dillinger, Mickey Rourke, Jack Swagger, Caristico, Lance Storm & Justin Credible (The Impact Players), Authors of Pain, Tyler Breeze, Noelle Foley, Gene & Ole Anderson (Minnesota Wrecking Crew)

LeeJM: AJ Styles, Sheamus, "The Villain" Marty Scurll, 'The Bruiserweight' Pete Dunne & Trent Seven (British Strong Style), Chris Hero, Tazz, David Finlay (Trade), Tyler Bate, Norman Smiley, Damien Corvin & Bonesaw (Kings of The North), X-Pac & Jerry Lynn, Barry Windham(Trade), Luther Ward, Takeshi Morishima (Trade), Finlay (Trade), War Machine, Jimmy Havoc, Duncan Disorderly, Jim Smallman

Beakerjoe: Randy Savage, The Miz, Kevin Owens (Trade), Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard (The Brainbusters), Gargano and Ciampa (DIY), Brian Pillman, Asuka, Clarence Mason, Adrian Neville & Corey Graves (Trade), ACH & Matt Sydal, Alberto Del Rio(Trade), Gorilla Monsoon (Trade), Madusa, Paige, Matt Riddle, Cedric Alexander, Maryse, Miss Elizabeth

Thebostoncrab: Shinsuke Nakamura, Jerry 'The King' Lawler (Trade), The Young Bucks, Legion of Doom, Akira Tozawa and Sami Zayn, Adam Cole BAY-BAY!, Katsuyori Shibata, Nicole Bass, THE Brian Kendrick & Low Ki, El Hijo del Santo, Kerry Von Erich, La Parka, Dalton Castle, Kensuke Sasaki & Hiroshi Haze, Taka Michinoku, Hangman Page, Kyle O'Reilly & Bobby Fish (ReDRagon)

Campo: Roddy Piper, Bray Wyatt, Braun Strowman, Bobby Lashley, D'Lo Brown and The Godfather, Mark Henry, The Godwinns, Tama Tonga & Tanga Roe (Guerillas of Destiny), Jay Lethal, Sycho Sid, 'Cowboy' Bob Orton, Bad Luck Fale, Jim Cornette (Trade), Stan Lane & Bobby Eaton(The Midnight Express), Bo Dallas, Nikita Koloff

Paulie21: Chris Jericho, The Rock, Dolph Ziggler, The Briscoes, Ken Anderson (Trade), Karl 'Doc' Anderson and Luke Gallows (The Club), Sasha Banks, Bertha Faye, Heath Slater & Rhyno, Stacey Keibler & Torrie Wilson, Baron Corbin, Roderick Strong, Brie Bella & Nikki Bella (The Bella Twins), Gangrel, Viscera & Val Venis, Vicki Guerrero

BrianRegan09: Owen Hart, Roman Reigns, Okada, Enzo Amore & Big Cass, Jushin Thunder Liger, Paul Heyman, Tetsuaya Naito & Yujiro Takahashi, Bruce Hart (Trade), Leo Kruger, Tito Ortiz, Lex Luger, Psicosis & Super Crazy (The Mexicools), Carmella, Gran Metallic, Homicide & Hernandez, The Goon

JP Liz V1: Stone Cold Steve Austin, Antonio Cesaro, Tyson Kidd, Austin Aries, Nigel McGuinness, Chyna, Beth Phoenix, Carlito & Primo, Nidia, Ryback & Curtis Axel (Rybaxel), Snoop Dogg, Kharma & Hamada, Michael Elgin, Jesse 'The Body' Ventura, Steve Blackman (Trade), Colt Cabana, David Hart Smith, Matt Morgan & Crimson

Cheese Wagstaff: Bret Hart, Seth Rollins, Jeff Hardy, Christian, John Morrison, Umaga & Rosey, Meng & The Barbarian, Matt Cappotelli, Eric Bischoff, Sean O'Haire & Mark Jindrak, Hardcore Holly, Joey Mercury, Jamie Noble, Pedro Morales & Carlos Colon, Buddy Rogers, Hakushi

Shagnastii: The Undertaker, Kane, Keiji Mutoh, William Regal & Tajiri, Ron Simmons/Faarooq, Antonio Inoki, 'PS' Michael Hayes & Terry 'Bam Bam' Gordy (The Fabulous Freebirds), Rodney Mack, Goldust, 'Iron' Mike Tyson, Zack Sabre Jnr (Trade), Jim Ross, Michelle McCool, Vampiro, Dan 'The Beast' Severn, Chael Sonnen, Skinner, Buddy 'Jake' Roberts

Spongey1975: Ric Flair, CM Punk, Dean Ambrose, Christopher Daniels & Kazarian (The Addiction), Rob Van Dam, Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin (The Motor City Machine Guns) Ax & Smash (Demolition), Midajah, Bruno Sammartino, The Big Boss Man & One Man Gang, The Hurricane aka Gregory Helms, Jimmy Yang, Ethan Carter III & Fandango, Renee Young, Kelly Kelly & Eve Torres, Summer Rae

Imnotthehulk: Daniel Bryan, "The British Bulldog" Davey Boy Smith and Dynamite Kidd (The British Bulldogs), "Glorious" Bobby Roode, "Mr Wonderful" Paul Orndorff & "Ravishing" Rick Rude, James Storm & Abyss, Jimmy 'Superfly' Snuka & Bruiser Brody, Jeff Jarrett, Lord Alfred Hayes (Trade), MVP, Ken Shamrock (Trade), Diamond Dallas Page (DDP), The Wild Samoan/Samu & The Great Kokina/Yokozuna (Samoan Swat Team), Jacqueline, TJ Perkins, Eric Young, 'The Wildcat' Chris Harris, Mistico II

DM_7: Finn Bálor, John Cena, Kota Ibushi, Kenny Omega, Charlotte & Becky Lynch, Rusev, Trish Stratus, Jimmy & Jey (The Usos) (Trade), 'The Giggalo' Jimmy Del Ray & 'The Doctor' Tom Pritchard, 'The Chosen One' Drew Galloway/McIntyre, Pentagon Jr, Tommy End, Lana, Apollo Crews, La Sombra & Rush, Matanza Cueto, Ryusuke Taguchi, Eva Marie

Necrominus: Samoa Joe (Trade), Edge, Vader, Stephanie McMahon, Bubba Dudley/Bully Ray and D-Von Dudley (The Dudley Boyz), Muhammad Hassan, Bayley & Emma, Ranjin Singh, The Fabulous Moolah, President Donald Trump, 'Superstar' Billy Graham & Pat Patterson, Bob Backlund, Earthquake & Typhoon (The Natural Disasters), Santino Marella & Zack Ryder (Team CoBro), 'The Alpha Male' Monty Brown, Mike Adamle, Michael Tarver

Furious Red: Eddie Guerrero, Triple H (HHH), John Bradshaw Layfield (JBL), Dash & Dawson (The Revival), Wade Barrett, Eddie Edwards & Davey Richards (American Wolves), Lita, Aaron 'Jesus' Aguilera, Doug Williams & Magnus (The British Invasion), Gail Kim, Kalisto & Sin Cara (The Lucha Dragons), Chavo Guerrero, Alexa Bliss, Noam Dar, No Way José, Brooklyn Brawler, Mark Andrews

SlickRic: Jake 'The Snake' Roberts, (HBK) Shawn Michaels, Mitsuhara Misawa, Kenta Kobashi, Dusty Rhodes, Hideo Itami, Chris Benoit (Trade), Ricky Morton & Robert Gibson (The Rock'N'Roll Express), Timothy Well & Steven Dunn (Well Dunn), Nick Bockwinkel & Ray 'The Crippler Stevens, Floyd 'Money' Mayweather Jr, Harley Race, Marty Jannetty, Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan (Trade), Bob Sapp, The Nasty Boys, Hercules

Necro mate you have Jimmy Havoc down as Jimmy North on my roster. Other than that great job as usual

Necro mate you have Jimmy Havoc down as Jimmy North on my roster. Other than that great job as usual

Sorry about that - dunno what happened there. Changed now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Crazzy Steve fits with the world I'll be building so happy to nab him :)

Leaves me with a dilemma for the last round though; there's two people I'd like to team him with but will only get to grab one :(

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Crazzy Steve fits with the world I'll be building so happy to nab him :)

Leaves me with a dilemma for the last round though; there's two people I'd like to team him with but will only get to grab one :(

Well...... you may be in luck ;)

As it stands, there are 5 lads left to pick after Slickric……

Spongey
    Cheese Wagstaff
    Paulie
    Brian Regan
    Imnotthehulk,

So here is the current round 15 order..

Daithi1975 - 14.25
    A Brad Maddox Guy – 12.75
    Lord TSC – 11.25
    Slickric – 11.25
    Necrominus - 10.75
    Furious Red – 10.5
    DM_7 - 10.25
    Shagnasti – 9.75
    LeeJM – 9.5
    Beakerjoe - 9:5
    thebostoncrab - 8.5
    Campo - 7.5
    JP Liz - 7.00
    Bounty Hunter - 6.0
    Mr Nice Guy – 5.5

Keep an eye on the thread to see the penultimate stipulation!

This is one of the reasons the draft runs so well, everyone is pitching in whether it is yourself doing this, Necrominus with the list of picks, Joe obviously and everyone in general with PMs etc

In case anyone is looking for these posts just like how I edit Necros lists into the OP of the other thread I will edit any of these (if/when more are added) into the OP of this thread... so cheers ABMG

+one.... actually plus a million.

Lads, it makes my job so much easier firstly that your all sound, fair lads. The game is made for you, but its made special because of you, so a big thank you for that.

Necro with his updates, ABMG with the easy to view evaluation links, Bountey Hunter, Lord TSC and MNG all helping with tough decisions I have, and everyone else who have lent a hand in terms of graphic editing, its a true tour de force of brilliance by you all. We all want a smooth fun draft and by all mucking in and pulling in the same direction, we all get to enjoy the game better.

What Im trying to say is, take a bow lads

giphy.gif

Great stip Joe. I know exactly who I want. Round 16 will be a bonus but my card will be complete next round now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

2 picks, and I'm (hopefully!) up first!

Already had my final pick in my mind, presuming he lasts to me. Now to go looking for a 2nd pick to help along storylines!

If one was inclined could they choose 2 tag teams ???

campo wrote: »
    If one was inclined could they choose 2 tag teams ???

Once a draftee doesnt go past the 7 team limit, they are.

You currently have 5, so you can

DPW Preview:
    I was interested to see what direction you would go with having Hornswoggle as GM and it hasn't disappointed. I liked the ad-libs to Austin and The Rock.

I like how you named your champions straight off the bat, and the potential contenders for each title. It gives the reader an idea of what direction you're heading in, as well as giving you a number of options for each belt.

The Orton/Daithi segment was gold. I loved Randy as the Legend Killer and it's good to see you're bringing this part of him to DPW. Looking forward to see what transpires with him and Daithi in the next few shows. Setting up your main event for next week was clever too.

The Tamina/Kaitlyn match was well written too. I was genuinely surprised by the outcome but I expect Kaitlyn will be back in contention in no time.

All in all a very good preview which can only mean good things for your shows when they go up. Good stuff.

I think I have 5 too but I have no plans to draft any more teams. I have two specific picks in mind that I'm confident no one else will select. Any more than that and I'll have to add another match to my main card and I'm already at 8!

Great as my roster needs at least 1 more tag team

In that event that someone misses a pick deadline, which I dont see happening based on how great its gone this year (Only Campo was close to missing the deadline IIRC, by 3 minutes!.....Mr fancy pants wedding man :) ), The person who picked last would pick another name to go next and the guy who missed his pick cant be eligible to pick until all others have picked.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Yeay! That stip really helps me carry out an idea I only had yesterday :D So happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I'm have somebody I need to round out one of my roster members but I wouldn't mind using my double picks to get serious value whilst it's still there .

I've a feeling the amount of warning Joe is given towards round 16 means it could be something really unique.

Another to Bulleye reference. To gamble or take the money??
    I'll probably go down the "We've had a lovely day Jim but we'll keep the £31" road:D

smashingday.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

That stip actually helps me out. I had an idea for a 4 way match that didn't seem possible, but now getting two picks means I can go ahead with it! Plus the two people I wanted have never been drafted before and chances are no one has them in mind, so it'll be a massive help!

Advertisement