Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 10th Annual PW Draft 2017 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Looking at where you will likely be in the round 15, it helps that they havent been drafted before.

You better hope no one above ya is looking at drafting previously undrafted talent. I for one am both above you in the round order and looking at the likes of DDT, NOAH AND Chikara as well as RJP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Looking at where you will likely be in the round 15, it helps that they havent been drafted before.

You better hope no one above ya is looking at drafting previously undrafted talent. I for one am both above you in the round order and looking at the likes of DDT, NOAH AND Chikara as well as RJP

If anyone drafts these two I'll put Nakamura up for trade :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

*Goes studying* :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Nakamura for Mike Adamle? Done:P:P:P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Magnum TA is another pick that is immense value at this stage and again Slick's roster continues to look great but then again I'd say the best roster vote this year could be the hardest for many years.

Had him & Duggan as a team on my list of potential picks a few rounds ago but ended up going a different direction. Assumed he would def get picked tho especially with the next round being a BOGOF round so there would be atleast another 60 picks made between it and rd 16 even if that one is restrictive in some form.

• Advertisement

Magnum TA is another pick that is immense value at this stage and again Slick's roster continues to look great but then again I'd say the best roster vote this year could be the hardest for many years.

Had him & Duggan as a team on my list of potential picks a few rounds ago but ended up going a different direction. Assumed he would def get picked tho especially with the next round being a BOGOF round so there would be atleast another 60 picks made between it and rd 16 even if that one is restrictive in some form.

I agree, Slicks is impressive. He seems to have gone for name value every round and his roster is stacked.

But wrestling is all subjective, while one person may like his roster, another may fancy someone else roster as being more valuable. I agree its a tough call this year, but it usually is anyway.

I agree, Slicks is impressive. He seems to have gone for name value every round and his roster is stacked.

But wrestling is all subjective, while one person may like his roster, another may fancy someone else roster as being more valuable. I agree its a tough call this year, but it usually is anyway.

Yeah it can be pretty hard to know what others think makes up a good roster. I mean I have some Idea that long time posters like say Slick, MNG, TBC etc would but does everyone know (just using my own roster for example) The Greatness of Stan Hansen, or even know some of the stables I have on my roster outside of the NWO such as The Varsity Club or Triple Threat. Let alone do they know who Manami Toyota is and how many 5* matches she has had... I feel they would but you just never can tell.

Although tbh we mostly have repeat drafters here and just from my own experience you can learn lots about such people from taking part in drafts and as said before I would not blame anyone for not knowing who my most recent draftee (Devon "Hannibal" Nicholson) for example. Thankfully in Hogan, Andre, Batista and co I might have enough famous names to make up for a few picks like him or even Dan Spivey which again I don't know if everyone would know.

Yeah it can be pretty hard to know what others think makes up a good roster. I mean I have some Idea that long time posters like say Slick, MNG, TBC etc would but does everyone know (just using my own roster for example) The Greatness of Stan Hansen, or even know some of the stables I have on my roster outside of the NWO such as The Varsity Club or Triple Threat. Let alone do they know who Manami Toyota is and how many 5* matches she has had... I feel they would but you just never can tell.

I feel teh same, while the likes of Asuka, Owens, Savage, Del Rio etc are all mainstream names, do they know the brillance of Brian Pillman, the talent of a young Matt Riddle or even who Alundra Blayze is?

Who knows

Test is a great pick Spongey. Have always been a fan. His match with Edge at Survivor Series is up on my list of favorite matches to watch. I actually planned on drafting Test myself earlier, had a storyline planned for him but wanted to draft Albert alongside him. When Albert went I kept putting it off and then abandoned the idea entirely.

With the last few picks, here is the updated round 15 draft order
    1. Daithi1975 - 14.25
    2. Cheese Wagstaff
    3. A Brad Maddox Guy – 12.75
    4. Lord TSC – 11.25
    5. Slickric – 11.25
    6. Necrominus - 10.75
    7. Furious Red – 10.5
    8. DM_7 - 10.25
    9. Spongey1975
    10. Shagnasti – 9.75
    11. LeeJM – 9.5
    12. Beakerjoe - 9:5
    13. thebostoncrab - 8.5
    14. Campo - 7.5
    15. JP Liz - 7.00
    16. Bounty Hunter - 6.0
    17. Mr Nice Guy – 5.5

There is still 4 more men left to draft and 3 more names to go into the list

With all 3 remaining drafters all having reasonably bad round sin round 11 to 14, all 3 men left to draft in this round will all go into the top end of the draw, but where depends on the order the draft in round 13, so its still up in the air who will draft first next round.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Although tbh we mostly have repeat drafters here and just from my own experience you can learn lots about such people from taking part in drafts and as said before I would not blame anyone for not knowing who my most recent draftee (Devon "Hannibal" Nicholson) for example. Thankfully in Hogan, Andre, Batista and co I might have enough famous names to make up for a few picks like him or even Dan Spivey which again I don't know if everyone would know.

You can guess from my roster how much knowledge I have in those type of names. I would be more interested in Lee's roster because I can imagine most of those people interacting.

I am sure more people would go who? to a Jeff Cobb or Pentagon Jr as I have on my roster.

Its that variety that makes the draft work though.

In terms of actual star power I think my roster probably has the least but to be honest I was focusing on the story I want to tell. Guys like Tarver and Monty Brown for example were definitely not the best available but they were drafted for a specific purpose.

Admittedly outside of the major North American promotions my knowledge is pretty poor but I love being educated about guys (and girls) I may never have heard of beforehand. It's another reason why I enjoy the draft as the knowledge of wrestling is so diverse amongst the 20 people involved that you end up learning a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

Necrominus wrote: »
    Test is a great pick Spongey. Have always been a fan. His match with Edge at Survivor Series is up on my list of favorite matches to watch. I actually planned on drafting Test myself earlier, had a storyline planned for him but wanted to draft Albert alongside him. When Albert went I kept putting it off and then abandoned the idea entirely.

And there goes the name I was hoping for! Back to the drawing board again!

Test was available to some as a bonus pick, but went unselected. Paulie, Daithi and DM_7 had test available to them if the picked right.

Test has many ties with many rosters, with DM_7s roster, a history with Trish as a former manager, with Paulie due to Stacey Kiebler and with Daithi himself as he tagged with A Train.

On a similar topic, Bobby Fish was one of TBCs potential bonus picks too.

Also I may announce that Cedric Alexander is up for trade, I drafted him only yesterday but Ive changed plans. So if anyone wants a highly rated high flyer, by all means get in touch

Test was available to some as a bonus pick, but went unselected. Paulie, Daithi and DM_7 had test available to them if the picked right.

Test has many ties with many rosters, with DM_7s roster, a history with Trish as a former manager, with Paulie due to Stacey Kiebler and with Daithi himself as he tagged with A Train.

On a similar topic, Bobby Fish was one of TBCs potential bonus picks too.

That damn Hornswoggle going down the middle!!

1. Paulie21 - 14.25
    2. Imnotthehulk 14.25
    3. Daithi1975 - 14.25
    4. BrainRegan - 14
    5. Cheese Wagstaff 13.25
    6. A Brad Maddox Guy – 12.75
    7. Lord TSC – 11.25
    8. Slickric – 11.25
    9. Necrominus - 10.75
    10. Furious Red – 10.5
    11. DM_7 - 10.25
    12. Spongey1975
    13. Shagnasti – 9.75
    14. LeeJM – 9.5
    15. Beakerjoe - 9:5
    16. thebostoncrab - 8.5
    17. Campo - 7.5
    18. JP Liz - 7.00
    19. Bounty Hunter - 6.0
    20. Mr Nice Guy – 5.5

Because of Brian Regan being next, Paulie and Cheese can't possibly place anywhere else in the round order,so the above is the round Order for R15

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Necrominus wrote: »

I was a Test fan too. I very much enjoyed his babyface run in the early 2000s after he split from Albert. He had a badass theme song and that big boot finisher was great.

I also like the pick by ABMG of Gene and Ole Anderson. I think Ole is one of those guys that would be held in much better esteem if not for the fact that he burnt so many bridges with people over the years, including Vince McMahon. Vince hated Ole so much that Ken Anderson was forced to change his surname because it remined him of Ole.

Because of Brian Regan being next, Paulie and Cheese can't possibly place anywhere else in the round order,so the above is the round Order for R15

1975?! You've added 14 yrs on me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

daithi1989 wrote: »
    1975?! You've added 14 yrs on me!!

You and Spongey1975 can start a tag team. Those 70s guys.

latest?cb=20150814211254

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=102510633&postcount=7

AEPW Preview show is up. As always any and all feedback is welcomed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Necro Preview Show
    Really great show to set up your company. Brilliant use of Stephanie as the new money bringing in some top talent and I love the way you wrote off talent you had last year.

The Rising Star Championship is a fantastic, original concept. Bravo on that. Definitely the strongest preview show so far IMO

BHs BWA Preview Show
    Well I loved that. Its so brilliant that I can actually imagine Ted DiBiase having actually done that. You are locked out and by the way you are all fired! Such a dick heel move. Your roster of stables is staggering. Personally I am intrigued to see what if anything you do with the Triple Threat. Fantastic roster and a great preview. I expect you to be near top spot come the end of this again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Jim Cornette the GM of CWA has announced the 1st match on the upcoming PPV Superstars of Wrestling.

It will be Mark Henry vs Braun Strowman in a steel cage

The following video was also released to promote the upcoming bout.

Daithi's DPW -
    Hornswaggle as GM could certainly be interesting and I like Randy returning to his legend killer gimmick with the added anti-authority shtick RKOing you. A little surprised to see Tamina get the but the unexpected is good in early shows and I am curious to see what captain Lou will do going forward. I feel like that really was a taster though (was a preview afterall) and would imgaine that Khali might not be the champ long when you consider you have Sting, Goldberg and co waiting in the wings.

Lee's AEPW -
    First plus for your brand is it made me go look up someone new as i'll be 100% honest and say I don't know Smallman. Already enjying the backstory we are being given though with the attack on Sheamus and the title win over Taz for Pete Dunne. It seems the British & Irish (with Luther Ward) boys will be pushed hard too which I like as that is a point of focus on your roster that differentiates it from others.

Your angle at the end...damn that has me hooked and also happy I looked into who JS was. You kinda have your own NWO but it's progress! really well thought out idea and makes your drafting choices seem even better now, plus Scurll as the Villain seems perfect. Yours is not the biggest name roster but the writing usually wins the day and so far yours has stood out most i'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,013 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Dying to do this all round

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I'm intrigued to see Paulie take Paul Bearer. Eventhough I have Taker and Kane I had no plans to draft him.

He was partnered with Giant Gonzales last year IIRC.

Were the road warriors and Chyna really not picked already?

They were both picked

• Registered Users Posts: 18,013 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Seriously hope not, I went through everyones roster like three times

• Advertisement

Chyna almost certainly was, Necro thinks the road warriors were too which wouldn't surprise me although I'd have to check that one

edit: yeah Liz (Chyna) and TBC (Legion of Doom)

Advertisement