Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 10th Annual PW Draft 2017 Discussion Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Picks up and PM sent to Furious Red. And with that, I can post my first show. Was waiting on good old Disco to fill out my commentary team so glad to bring him back for another year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

SlickRic wrote: »
    I'd a specific role in mind for Ahmed Johnson, but I don't know if i can resist the mega match of...

Bob Sapp v Ahmed Johnson.

I thought Sherri was forgotten by all and would stay unpicked :( great all round diva, can do many roles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

SlickRic wrote: »
    I'd a specific role in mind for Ahmed Johnson, but I don't know if i can resist the mega match of...

Bob Sapp v Ahmed Johnson.

I Thought Ahmed was still available :(

Had planned on posting my show tonight but for some reason captcha is blocking me from doing so... I'll try again in the morning as I'm wrecked!!!

First show is up - apologies for the length, I had to split it into 2 parts to get the bells and whistles included!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

A part from Campos 1st show I havent had a chance yet to explore the Evaluatuion thread much, looking forward to whats going on. i see Lee, Campo, BH and Necro have all added shows as well as Daithi posting his first.

This should be fun guys. I have my preview show done, but cant post until I make my round 15 pick in the bag.

Some interesting picks over the last day or so.

MNGs recent tag pick is a nice pick. Great value in getting both up and comers at thsi alte stage, though I wonder how many had them on their radar. I encourage posters to read up on stars they may not know, such as Io Shirai & Mayu Iwatani as they have a fascinating story. I wonder if their Mexican past will be an issue in MNG?

Eva Marie is one girl Im delighted to see drafted. I was tempted to draft her had she reached me and have her and The Miz paired up somehow..... the Ultimate Heat Couple. Great pick DM

Mark Andrews was a pick I wanted, Ive been building a nice little CW div, and he would of suited it well. Raging hes gone but alas I hope Red uses him well

Shag bagging the last piece to the Freebirds trio is a smart choice. Once Gordy and Hayes get picked, no one else really takes Roberts

Crazy Steve, Kirarny and Rosemary are all fun house esque nutballs, so they fit in well in Lord TSCs asylum of madness.

Love seeing Honky go too, had a nice little plan for him had I taken a celeb, but Ill leave that for next year.

Cheese bagging Strike Force is brilliant value at this late stage. I bagged them last year at round 12 and found it hard to believe I got them so late, so its even crazier to think they lasted until the weekend.

Paul Bearer was one of Shags potential bonus picks, so if you had no palns shaggy you avoided him well.

Great to see Koko and Neidhart go as both were available as bonus picks to both Brian and Cheese respectfully.

AMBG drafting Jimmy Hart is a great pick, Jimmy never really gets drafted as much as he should, a great heel manager. That with Iisi, Riki Choshu and The Andersons, its been a good few rounds for ABMG. And he avoided getting the obvious name in his bonus picks (he wasnt one tbh)

Slick taking Sherri is a smart move consider Shawn is around. Will she be singing any themes I wonder?

Also Baby Daddy Necro bagging Disco Inferno with a simpsons gif, a man after my own heart. Mae Young was also a bonus pick had you selected right.

AEPW (LeeJM) Preview:
    I like how you've written off your characters from last year. I'll be honest I was expecting a continuation of the Zoetic so it will be interesting to see what you have planned.

Finlay & Finlay Jr. as tag champions - I was wondering who was going to replace Dr. Death in Alpha IV (If that's a thing this year) and Finlay Jr. is the best choice.

I love the Luther Ward/Sheamus angle you have going.

You kept Taz strong even in defeat as it wasn't a clean loss. Very clever and I wonder what the repercussions will be.

From reading last year's evaluation thread recently, I knew you had big plans for this year - and now your roster choices make sense. I don't know much about the guys you have running the place now but it makes me want to read up about them!

The main event was so well done, with Scurrl interrupting the match and then the other guys interfering and beating down the two mainstream guys. Reminded me a little of the Nexus angle which should have been so much bigger had WWE not ****ed it up and fed them to John Cena. Fully expect you to book this ten times better. Loving Smallman so far and for such a late pick he could turn out to be the MVP of your roster.

Can't wait for your first show I expect another strong showing from you this year and the angle you have going is incredibly unique. Great stuff!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Necrominus wrote: »
    First show is up - apologies for the length, I had to split it into 2 parts to get the bells and whistles included!

Ha, considering you said you were (like me) holding back some people to debut on show 2 it should be interesting seeing that you had to split it into two, which I only remember people doing for their PPV shows (Think all my PPVs the past few years have been split into 2 posts). That said I think almost every show I put up these days uses the maximum allowed number of pictures.

aka Looking forward to reading it when I get the chance

Ha, considering you said you were (like me) holding back some people to debut on show 2 it should be interesting seeing that you had to split it into two, which I only remember people doing for their PPV shows (Think all my PPVs the past few years have been split into 2 posts). That said I think almost every show I put up these days uses the maximum allowed number of pictures.

aka Looking forward to reading it when I get the chance

Yeah I think that was the problem when I went to post it last night. I cut it down a lot but still wouldn't let me post so split it. The rest of my shows won't be as long but seeing as it was a PPV first show I kind of went for it. I still have held people back (for two reasons, one it was getting too long and two for storyline purposes).

I promise the rest of my shows won't be as long!

Feedback
    Campo Show 2 :
    I like Cornette as a GM, he was great with MNG over the years and I had him considered myself if truth be told, so good choice. A title tournament is a great way to crown a champion, always found them tough to write myself. I loved Brays dialogue thus far, it’s very easy to picture him in your shows and Cornette is equally easy to visualise, so job done there with the opening segment.

So I take it that’s those 3 written out so (Williams, Douglas and Sullivan). I wonder who’s coming your way in the show from BWA. The Braun / Henry strong man segment was straight out of the Vince McMahon playbook. Are the GoD helping Braun or just taking out Henry? I wonder will be find out Delighted your using Bob Orton )the pick I chose for ya ) Lashley v Orton was a great way to book Lashley, quick and impressive. The Godwins v Dlo and Godfather has me curious. Will The Godfather switch to The Wyatts (in a gimmick change me thinks). Id love to see that and very interested to see how you book that story. Also I look forward to Sids debut too vs the built up Fale, as well as Lethal v Bo Dallas. Good job so far Campo.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Necrominus wrote: »
    Yeah I think that was the problem when I went to post it last night. I cut it down a lot but still wouldn't let me post so split it. The rest of my shows won't be as long but seeing as it was a PPV first show I kind of went for it. I still have held people back (for two reasons, one it was getting too long and two for storyline purposes).

I promise the rest of my shows won't be as long!

Gotta say I also love how you re-picked Disco Inferno. Considering I was the one who picked the 20 jobbers last year I def followed how they were used more than many picks so it was great to see one make such an impact that you wanted to re-draft em of your own accord.

Gotta say I also love how you re-picked Disco Inferno. Considering I was the one who picked the 20 jobbers last year I def followed how they were used more than many picks so it was great to see one make such an impact that you wanted to re-draft em of your own accord.

I really enjoyed writing Disco's parts last year. He probably won't be as prominent this year (in terms of being involved in matches) as I have Singh and Adamle who I can use in those roles but I do have a specific storyline in mind for him. He was on my list from the start to pick up in the later rounds if I could so glad that I could bring him back.

Furious red has just over two hours left to make his pick or he misses his turn. Hopefully he can get online and make his pick

beakerjoe wrote:
    Furious red has just over two hours left to make his pick or he misses his turn. Hopefully he can get online and make his pick

I hope he got my PM. Definitely sent one straight after I made my pick.

I sent him one too, and hes been online. So hopefully he wont miss out

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I reckon we might need a round 17.

It is 2017 after all. There are 20 of us and a round 17 just seems right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

DM_7 wrote: »
    I reckon we might need a round 17.

It is 2017 after all. There are 20 of us and a round 17 just seems right.

Stop Joe has gone stip power mad :P

Im good with 16.

Dm7 your up, no sign of Red so he misses his turn sadly

Hopefully Shayna Baszler is not deemed a 'celeb' type, she is wrestling a while now.

And I hope Mauro was not picked already.

PM sent to Spongey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Fantastic picking there by DM. Mauro is the ideal voice for his roster. And Shayna is gonna be a huge deal in WWE within the next 18 months. Said it before but thats my favourite roster by a mile

• Advertisement

I was considering picking up The Boogeyman next time around, purely because I had him last year. I'm surprised he didn't find his way into Lord TSC's insane asylum to be honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

When assigned B for R16, had ear marked The Boogeyman! Back to looking again!

daithi1989 wrote: »
    When assigned B for R16, had ear marked The Boogeyman! Back to looking again!

Stip Query: Would The Boogeyman be okay for B? Or would it need to be a T?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I believe he would be eligible for T & B as well as M & W as his real name is Marty Wright.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

I would have presumed so too, although hopefully not now that he's gone! :)

Another update and that's me going dark for the night:

Mr Nice Guy: Kurt Angle, Chad Gable and Jason Jordan (American Alpha), Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat, Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas (World's Greatest Tag Team), Rey Mysterio, Will Ospreay, Terry Funk, Todd Pettengill, Minoru Suzuki & Naomichi Marufuji, Muhammad Ali, Dean Malenko, Perry Saturn, Mickie James, Paul London & Billy Kidman, Ultimo Dragon, Dory Funk Jr, Io Shirai & Mayu Iwatani

Lord TSC: Xavier Woods, Big E, Kofi Kingston (The New Day), "Broken" Matt Hardy, Vince McMahon, "Big Poppa Pump" Scott Steiner, The Big Show, The Iron Shiek, Mantaur, Raven & Tommy Dreamer, Charlie Sheen, The Sandman, Doink the Clown, Stevie Richards & The Blue Meanie, Simon Dean, R-Truth & Little Jimmy, Shannon Moore, Crazzy Steve, Rosemary, Kizarny

Bounty Hunter: Hulk Hogan, Batista, Mr Perfect & Scott Hall, 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase & Stan Hansen, Kevin Nash, Andre The Giant, Mike 'IRS' Rotunda & Dan 'Waylon Mercy' Spivey, Horace Hogan, Manami Toyota & Aja Kong, 'Rowdy' Ronda Rousey, Bam Bam Bigelow, Chris Candido, Abdullah the Butcher & The Original Sheik, Rick Steiner & Eddie Gilbert, Sabu (Trade), Tatanka, 'Dr Death' Steve Williams & Kevin Sullivan, Shane Douglas (Trade), Devon 'Hannibal' Nicholson

Daithi1989: Sting, Randy Orton, Goldberg, Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase Jnr (Priceless), Luke Harper and Erick Rowan, Booker T, AJ Lee & Kaitlyn (The Chickbusters), Captain Lou Albano, Hornswoggle, Brodus Clay & Tensai/Albert (Tons of Funk), Naomi & Tamina Snuka (Team B.A.D.), Rikishi (Trade), Scotty 2 Hotty & Grandmaster Sexay (Too Cool), Juventud Guerrera (Trade), The Great Khali, 'Hacksaw' Jim Duggan, Nathan Jones, Sgt. Slaughter, Sim Snuka

A Brad Maddox Guy: Brock Lesnar, Mick Foley, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Shane McMahon, "The Road Dogg" Jesse James, and "The Bad Ass" Billy Gunn (The New Age Outlaws), The Ultimate Warrior, Rich Swann & Ricochet, Ludvig Borga, Damien Sandow & Tye Dillinger, Mickey Rourke, Jack Swagger, Caristico, Lance Storm & Justin Credible (The Impact Players), Authors of Pain, Tyler Breeze, Noelle Foley, Gene & Ole Anderson (Minnesota Wrecking Crew), 'The Mouth of the South' Jimmy Hart, Riki Choshu & Tomohiro Ishii

LeeJM: AJ Styles, Sheamus, "The Villain" Marty Scurll, 'The Bruiserweight' Pete Dunne & Trent Seven (British Strong Style), Chris Hero, Tazz, David Finlay (Trade), Tyler Bate, Norman Smiley, Damien Corvin & Bonesaw (Kings of The North), X-Pac & Jerry Lynn, Barry Windham(Trade), Luther Ward, Takeshi Morishima (Trade), Finlay (Trade), War Machine, Jimmy Havoc, Duncan Disorderly, Jim Smallman

Beakerjoe: Randy Savage, The Miz, Kevin Owens (Trade), Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard (The Brainbusters), Gargano and Ciampa (DIY), Brian Pillman, Asuka, Clarence Mason, Adrian Neville & Corey Graves (Trade), ACH & Matt Sydal, Alberto Del Rio(Trade), Gorilla Monsoon (Trade), Madusa, Paige, Matt Riddle, Cedric Alexander, Maryse, Miss Elizabeth

Thebostoncrab: Shinsuke Nakamura, Jerry 'The King' Lawler (Trade), The Young Bucks, Legion of Doom, Akira Tozawa and Sami Zayn, Adam Cole BAY-BAY!, Katsuyori Shibata, Nicole Bass, THE Brian Kendrick & Low Ki, El Hijo del Santo, Kerry Von Erich, La Parka, Dalton Castle, Kensuke Sasaki & Hiroshi Haze, Taka Michinoku, Hangman Page, Kyle O'Reilly & Bobby Fish (ReDRagon)

Campo: Roddy Piper, Bray Wyatt, Braun Strowman, Bobby Lashley, D'Lo Brown and The Godfather, Mark Henry, The Godwinns, Tama Tonga & Tanga Roe (Guerillas of Destiny), Jay Lethal, Sycho Sid, 'Cowboy' Bob Orton, Bad Luck Fale, Jim Cornette (Trade), Stan Lane & Bobby Eaton(The Midnight Express), Bo Dallas, Nikita Koloff

Paulie21: Chris Jericho, The Rock, Dolph Ziggler, The Briscoes, Ken Anderson (Trade), Karl 'Doc' Anderson and Luke Gallows (The Club), Sasha Banks, Bertha Faye, Heath Slater & Rhyno, Stacey Keibler & Torrie Wilson, Baron Corbin, Roderick Strong, Brie Bella & Nikki Bella (The Bella Twins), Gangrel, Viscera & Val Venis, Vicki Guerrero, Paul Bearer, Doug & Danny Basham, Giant Gonzalez

BrianRegan09: Owen Hart, Roman Reigns, Okada, Enzo Amore & Big Cass, Jushin Thunder Liger, Paul Heyman, Tetsuaya Naito & Yujiro Takahashi, Bruce Hart (Trade), Leo Kruger, Tito Ortiz, Lex Luger, Psicosis & Super Crazy (The Mexicools), Carmella, Gran Metallic, Konnan, Homicide & Hernandez (L.A.X.), The Goon, Koko B. Ware, Brian 'Crush' Adams & Bryan 'Adam Bomb' Clark (KroniK)

JP Liz V1: Stone Cold Steve Austin, Antonio Cesaro, Tyson Kidd, Austin Aries, Nigel McGuinness, Chyna, Beth Phoenix, Carlito & Primo, Nidia, Ryback & Curtis Axel (Rybaxel), Snoop Dogg, Kharma & Hamada, Michael Elgin, Jesse 'The Body' Ventura, Steve Blackman (Trade), Colt Cabana, David Hart Smith, Matt Morgan & Crimson

Cheese Wagstaff: Bret Hart, Seth Rollins, Jeff Hardy, Christian, John Morrison, Umaga & Rosey, Meng & The Barbarian, Matt Cappotelli, Eric Bischoff, Sean O'Haire & Mark Jindrak, Hardcore Holly, Joey Mercury, Jamie Noble, Pedro Morales & Carlos Colon, Buddy Rogers, Hakushi, Tito Santana & Rick Martel (Strike Force), Hade Vansen, Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart

Shagnastii: The Undertaker, Kane, Keiji Mutoh, William Regal & Tajiri, Ron Simmons/Faarooq, Antonio Inoki, 'PS' Michael Hayes & Terry 'Bam Bam' Gordy (The Fabulous Freebirds), Rodney Mack, Goldust, 'Iron' Mike Tyson, Zack Sabre Jnr (Trade), Jim Ross, Michelle McCool, Vampiro, Dan 'The Beast' Severn, Chael Sonnen, Skinner, Buddy 'Jake' Roberts

Spongey1975: Ric Flair, CM Punk, Dean Ambrose, Christopher Daniels & Kazarian (The Addiction), Rob Van Dam, Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin (The Motor City Machine Guns) Ax & Smash (Demolition), Midajah, Bruno Sammartino, The Big Boss Man & One Man Gang, The Hurricane aka Gregory Helms, Jimmy Yang, Ethan Carter III & Fandango, Renee Young, Kelly Kelly & Eve Torres, Summer Rae, Test, The Boogeyman, Teddy Long

Imnotthehulk: Daniel Bryan, "The British Bulldog" Davey Boy Smith and Dynamite Kidd (The British Bulldogs), "Glorious" Bobby Roode, "Mr Wonderful" Paul Orndorff & "Ravishing" Rick Rude, James Storm & Abyss, Jimmy 'Superfly' Snuka & Bruiser Brody, Jeff Jarrett, Lord Alfred Hayes (Trade), MVP, Ken Shamrock (Trade), Diamond Dallas Page (DDP), The Wild Samoan/Samu & The Great Kokina/Yokozuna (Samoan Swat Team), Jacqueline, TJ Perkins, Eric Young, 'The Wildcat' Chris Harris, Mistico II, The Honky Tonk Man, Seiya Sanada, ODB

DM_7: Finn Bálor, John Cena, Kota Ibushi, Kenny Omega, Charlotte & Becky Lynch, Rusev, Trish Stratus, Jimmy & Jey (The Usos) (Trade), 'The Giggalo' Jimmy Del Ray & 'The Doctor' Tom Pritchard, 'The Chosen One' Drew Galloway/McIntyre, Pentagon Jr, Tommy End, Lana, Apollo Crews, La Sombra & Rush, Matanza Cueto, Ryusuke Taguchi, Eva Marie, Mauro Ranallo, Shayna Baszler

Necrominus: Samoa Joe (Trade), Edge, Vader, Stephanie McMahon, Bubba Dudley/Bully Ray and D-Von Dudley (The Dudley Boyz), Muhammad Hassan, Bayley & Emma, Ranjin Singh, The Fabulous Moolah, President Donald Trump, 'Superstar' Billy Graham & Pat Patterson, Bob Backlund, Earthquake & Typhoon (The Natural Disasters), Santino Marella & Zack Ryder (Team CoBro), 'The Alpha Male' Monty Brown, Mike Adamle, Michael Tarver, Glenn Gilberti aka Disco Inferno, Mae Young

Furious Red: Eddie Guerrero, Triple H (HHH), John Bradshaw Layfield (JBL), Dash & Dawson (The Revival), Wade Barrett, Eddie Edwards & Davey Richards (American Wolves), Lita, Aaron 'Jesus' Aguilera, Doug Williams & Magnus (The British Invasion), Gail Kim, Kalisto & Sin Cara (The Lucha Dragons), Chavo Guerrero, Alexa Bliss, Noam Dar, No Way José, Brooklyn Brawler, Mark Andrews

SlickRic: Jake 'The Snake' Roberts, (HBK) Shawn Michaels, Mitsuhara Misawa, Kenta Kobashi, Dusty Rhodes, Hideo Itami, Chris Benoit (Trade), Ricky Morton & Robert Gibson (The Rock'N'Roll Express), Timothy Well & Steven Dunn (Well Dunn), Nick Bockwinkel & Ray 'The Crippler Stevens, Floyd 'Money' Mayweather Jr, Harley Race, Marty Jannetty, Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan (Trade), Bob Sapp, The Nasty Boys, Hercules, Magnum TA, Sensational Sherri, Ahmed Johnson

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Sorry guys its been one of thoses days , I had planned on putting up my pick before work but didnt get near my laptop till now

Sorry guys its been one of thoses days , I had planned on putting up my pick before work but didnt get near my laptop till now

Ah it could be worse, it could be an earlier round, and the speed has picked up so hopefully you wont have to wait long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

So no takers for Nakamura then? :p

Will have my picks up shortly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Delighted Sable is gone, soon after drafting Lesnar & Foley I came up with a Sable v Noelle feud but scrapped it after deciding the final PPV product would likely be poor. However with me having the letter S next round I may have had to give in.

Messed about a bit with gimp again today, consider this MWA's official Road to WrestleRama poster.

0qq.jpg

Advertisement