Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 10th Annual PW Draft 2017 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Picks made and PM sent.

Kikutaro is someone I have often toyed with taking, since I always want to have a comedy match on my shoe in some fashion. Once I spotted the tag run with Ichikawa then that settled it, I needed to pop my cherry with both and get two excellent comedy wrestlers that I can't wait to write for.

Necro is also always a blast to write for. I've usually gone with the tough bastard road, but this year there might be some comedy wrestlers taking some very hard bumps for the man...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I really like this last stip, gets you thinking and it's not really too much a worry given it's the 16th round and rosters are pretty much done. I have two ideas for my pick - one supplements my roster and adds to a feud while the other is a tag team that changes the dramatics of one of my planned feuds. While I have a definite direction in where I want to go, I'm very tempted to throw it out the window and go with the latter.... decisions, decisions....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Delighted Sable is gone, soon after drafting Lesnar & Foley I came up with a Sable v Noelle feud but scrapped it after deciding the final PPV product would likely be poor. However with me having the letter S next round I may have had to give in.

Messed about a bit with gimp again today, consider this MWA's official Road to WrestleRama poster.

0qq.jpg

The list of names and how they are laid out remind me of the rumble logo for this year, nice work

Also remind me of the Man Utd third kit from 1994/95 :)

Kikutaro is a great comedy act, his tributes remind me of the Stevie Richards/Charlie Haas gimmick of posing as other wrestlers..... Will we see a Nakamura send up :)

Trying to find a T that suits my roster or has ties with my guys is harder than I thought. Curse it, foiled by my own stip!

Terri Runnells would have been nice but Shag just snagged her (her history with Pillman, they dated, would be nice to use).

Also Pillmans wife is Melanie Pillman Nee king so I cant draft her either...... back to the drawing board

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Trying to find a T that suits my roster or has ties with my guys is harder than I thought. Curse it, foiled by my own stip!

Terri Runnells would have been nice but Shag just snagged her (her history with Pillman, they dated, would be nice to use).

Also Pillmans wife is Melanie Pillman Nee king so I cant draft her either...... back to the drawing board

There is a few beginning with T that I am surprised have not gone yet tbh so I reckon you will have no problem getting a good one

campo wrote: »
    There is a few beginning with T that I am surprised have not gone yet tbh so I reckon you will have no problem getting a good one

Ive already got someone :) happy with who Ive chosen.

Great that Virgil went with a partner I would hate him to be lonely.......

Virgil was one of the potential bonus picks for BH, so he has a member of the NWO and The DiBiaise Corp. Nice stories there potentially

Delighted I got Bull Nakano and Dump, though I havent decided how I will use her as Im torn between two scenarios.

Wasnt going to draft many ladies, I had six last year and didnt want that many yet now I have 6 and 1 more to draft next round.
    1. Miss Elizabeth
    2. Maryse
    3. Paige
    4. Asuka
    5. Dump
    6. Bull Nakano
    7. Alundra Blayze
    8. Next Pick

I never draft commentators but with Graves penciled in for an angle and a place on my commentary team, I felt I had to get someone to complement him. So Enter Michael Cole

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Virgil was one of the potential bonus picks for BH, so he has a member of the NWO and The DiBiaise Corp. Nice stories there potentially...

Wasnt going to draft many ladies, I had six last year and didnt want that many yet now I have 6 and 1 more to draft next round.
    1. Miss Elizabeth
    2. Maryse
    3. Paige
    4. Asuka
    5. Dump
    6. Bull Nakano
    7. Alundra Blayze
    8. Next Pick

That really is some list of women and I have a feeling I know the women you will take next round. Perhaps I am wrong though but If it's who im thinking of I actually considered her for a while.

The great thing is with some of these women is that they are real characters that can add to multiple storylines, for instance how you mentioned you would have used Eva Marie a page or two back.

I had a feeling Virgil might have been a potential bonus pick for me alright and like with other picks there may perhaps have been bigger name picks available to me but as you say he just fits in so well with the NWO, Ted Dibiase, Andre & now Rocky Johnson among others on my roster. That's one thing I started trying to do around half way through my draft, get guys who you could imagine working together because in most cases they have history together.

For example Mike Rotunda, was in Money Inc / The Million Dollar Corporation, he was also in the Varsity Club and the NWO aswell as forming the New US express with Dan Spivey all of which are in the BWA this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,716 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is 2nd of April the ppv deadline?

7 weeks from Sunday, so its the weekend of the 26th, 1 week before Wrestlemania.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

7 weeks from Sunday, so its the weekend of the 26th, 1 week before Wrestlemania.

I was really hoping there would be a long gap til the deadline, will probably have my final pick tonight and i have very little written, have the feuds mapped out but not written much for it.

Im hoping 7 weeks from Sunday is an ample amount. Would ideally like the draft submissions closed by that weekend and a week of reading before voting so the winner could be announced on WM weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Surely it's almost a tradition at this point that we have the deadline extension. ;)

I'll have my picks up shortly.

Surely it's almost a tradition at this point that we have the deadline extension. ;)

I'll have my picks up shortly.

Am I right in saying its usually 3 weeks from when the draft ends?

That was my thinking, plus another 3 weeks since we are almost finished drafting super early, plus 1 week that usually acts as an extension. Hence the 7 weeks from Sunday.

Is 7 weeks from sunday enough?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

I think its enough. You are talking about writing half a show every week to be done on time. Personally I dont have anything written out in advance but I have all my ideas in my head and know where I wanna go so I can just sit down one evening and bang out a show

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Picking up The Original Tiger Mask & completing the eliminators in rd15 is great value.

You would have to think that deadline would be enough time too, especially when you consider we usually have till around that time and yet we are well ahead of schedule in terms f finishing up the draft atm so it is kind of more time than normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Pick made and PM sent.

I think 7 weeks is a good time frame. It's nearly two months away. But I don't think anyone will mind if there is a call to extend the deadline.

A reminder that round 15 isnt over yet, as Furious Red , who missed his go, is now up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Pick made

I'll have my pick up shortly. Still deciding which way to go but won't take too long.

Pick up and PM sent to Spongey. Hope I made the right decision but the idea I had while waiting was just too good to resist.

Time for a completed roster pic: (Minus Adamle who I can't find....)

408642.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Final selection made. Had to scan through the R section of wrestling profiles online to find someone and Rico jumped out, mainly because of the idea i have for a game show segment throughout my TV shows. Roster is complete

SWE%20Roster_zpst7a8z7xh.jpg

I should have my 3rd show up today and final show will be a little after my last picks , will also give feedback on the shows I have missed

campo wrote: »
    I should have my 3rd show up today and final show will be a little after my last picks , will also give feedback on the shows I have missed

I've actually got 3 shows written and working on the 4th as I type. Plan on staggering the shows a little over the 7 weeks so I can read and give feedback to others as they come in.

I'm going to hold off on doing a roster update until after this round is concluded unless anyone wants one done before that.

Just about have my year in review/ preview show done, outlining the ins and outs of my company following on from last year and now leading into our first show of the new term.

Finding the right images has been tricky, but I’m hoping to iron out any issues and post later today.

Great stuff Campo/ Necro, two men with a lot going on in terms of married life and new babies, where you find the time is beyond me.

Loving the fed banner images lads, really shows the quality of said rosters

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lads, could someone PM next person for me please.

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Lads, could someone PM next person for me please.

I think it's Joe and he's online. Will do though

Advertisement