Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 10th Annual PW Draft 2017 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Or... I would if he hadn't exceeded his storage space for PM's...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Necrominus wrote: »
    Or... I would if he hadn't exceeded his storage space for PM's...

The messages have been thick and fast during the draft, constantly deleting these.

Pick made and will PM next in line

No real plans to make a round 16 pick, but had an idea to someone from Pillmans past and he has plenty. Most drafted already and with the round restrictions, only Terri Runnells was my only option (shes Pillmans ex), until she went and after a bit of research released I could I could draft Beulah, another ex of Pillman. Was sure both would last to me, but feared Shag and TSC would draft one if not both, so Mrs Tommy Dreamer is mine and Im happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Imnotthehulk

Last pick made and pm sent! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Really torn between two guys that I'd be placing in basically the same angle.

Eventhough it's the last round it's probably not kosher that I name the two and see what yiz think?

Probably not, just in case someone has the other guy in mind. Play it safe. But you can pm me and I can give ya an opinion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Hopefully have my pick up soon, torn between 3; one who I like but can't think of anything for, one that I don't like but would easily slot into a space and another who I like but would either be great or disastrous for me to write.

EDIT: Thinking of going with the latter, just waiting on a PM to confirm if eligible as I have a feeling it's not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

My 3rd show is up and I would love some feedback, I plan to do maybe one more show before my PPV so I will probably be finished early.

Really have enjoyed this years draft, I think Beakerjoe has done a great job and his stips were excellent.

Some really nice looking rosters about and from what I have read so far I think it could be a close run thing.

Personally I am happy with who I got, I didn't get what you would call big names but I have really enjoyed writing for characters like Wyatt, Piper, Cornette and even Lashley

Marc Mero- Johnny B Badd.

Will PM the next pick now.

Campo, at this rate you'll have all your shows up before the end of the picks, your some man.

Thanks for the kind words Campo, I really wanted to please everyone so I hope I pleased more than most of you guys.

Already have submissions from Campo, Lee, Bounty Hunter, Diathi and Necro, so thats 5 men already looking for glory this year.

Id say, going by how quick we have been we will have more PPVs submitted this year which will make voting even harder this year. Last year we had 10 PPVs to vote between and Im predicting we will have more possible this year.

CWA (campo) Show 3:
    The opening segment was excellent. The TV Title being 24/7 like the Hardcore belt back in the day is a great idea. I loved the... double - double cross by first Piper and then Bob Orton. Gives your midcard something to fight for and adds an air of unpredictability as literally anyone can attack the champ at any time.

I have to say, I did not see Bo Dallas beating Jay Lethal but it makes sense given the beatdown he took two weeks ago. I half expect Lashley to run through Bo in the semi final but that is certainly no given taking into account your other results.

Sid and Fale would have been a war and even though Fale lost it took a lot to put him down so I imagine there are still plans afoot for him going forward. Sid VS Wyatt is one I'm looking forward to.

I liked the LOD entrance music and then using two former members as the opponents for the Midnight Express. The Express winning was the right call of course but Cornette helping them is interesting as though it's expected given their connection it's also surprising as he's been pretty much a face throughout your shows. It's an interesting dynamic!

The Wyatt Family attacking and abducting the Godfather was cool to end the show too. As I think Joe said I expect him to come back as another incarnation however I'll be looking forward to see how you write it.

• Advertisement

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Campo, at this rate you'll have all your shows up before the end of the picks, your some man.

Thanks for the kind words Campo, I really wanted to please everyone so I hope I pleased more than most of you guys.

Already have submissions from Campo, Lee, Bounty Hunter, Diathi and Necro, so thats 5 men already looking for glory this year.

Id say, going by how quick we have been we will have more PPVs submitted this year which will make voting even harder this year. Last year we had 10 PPVs to vote between and Im predicting we will have more possible this year.

I'm actually at the same place as Campo, have 2nd and 3rd shows fully completed and putting finishing touches to the go home show. Then just have my PPV preview to write (which won't take too long) and the actual PPV. But I'll probably stagger the release of them over the next few weeks. I'm more looking forward to what everyone else has come up with to be honest!

Already a great standard up and with yourself, MNG, TBC, Cheese, Liz, DM_Z, paulie, Hulkie and Shagnastii (to name a few) still not posting anything so far I'm dying to see what ye have planned for your rosters.
    Most intrigued about Lord TSC though and how he books his lunatic asylum!
    (Not discounting anyone else I didn't mention by the way just the names that came to mind when making the post!!)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Hope to get to Campo's most recent show soon especially as (I also draft soon and) we have not fully finalized his side of our trade but needed a little break after just getting through Necro's first show
    Really enjoyed the Bayley / Moolah interaction Moolah as a heel seems great and who better to pair her with. Interesting start for Edge too, you would think he will get revenge for that attack and then move towards the title / Hussan. I was almost ready to say how I like how you big up guys who the WWE maybe missed the ball with like (they did with Hussan) Tarver but damn I liked that Samoa Joe mauling, would make him seem an instant star and threat to anyone in your promotion. That said it did also serve to set up the Monty Brown swerve on Tarver which really showed off Brown / The Brotherhood's vicious mean streak... speaking of which it makes sense for Patterson to blame them for the backstage attack.

Result in the tag match makes sense to me, both members of Co-bro could be decent characters to write for without the other while the champs are being booked / made look strong. Also like how you use Singh, not a big character in reality but here he can make a difference, that said I guess the title retention was always on the cards here.... maybe I missed it but what is Pat Pattersons role in your fed? backstage hand who might be forced back into the ring perhaps?

And then we have Trump!... and Backlund ha! perfect side step before the enevitable Hassan appearance. Gotta admit the Steph swerve was one I didn't see coming. ALso didn't really expect Trupm to be used as a face and to be saved by Canadian Edge before I started reading but damn if I don't wanna see what comes next. Good job

I hope to get to some shows in the next hour, only read campo's 1st and 2nd shows.

I'm hoping to get back to writing my own over the weekend but before they start being submitted thick and fast I wanted to stay up to date with the shows so...

Campo's most recent show:
    Found the Piper open a fun little deviation from the last show I read and I'd say in much the same way the hardcore title was this new TV title could be used to add some fun/humor to precidings. Nice to see Bo pick up a big win also, I feel he really is someone the WWE has dropped the ball with. It made sense to book Sid vs Wyatt for the following week too but damn maybe I should have officially stated that I was sending Droz your way in my last pick thread post but yeah anyone reading this spoilered post that's 1/2 of what I owed Campo in our trade, ha!

also very interested to see where the ending angle goes although I have my suspicions and if it's what I think that'd be great.

I'm hoping to get back to writing my own over the weekend but before they start being submitted thick and fast I wanted to stay up to date with the shows so...

Campo's most recent show:
    Found the Piper open a fun little deviation from the last show I read and I'd say in much the same way the hardcore title was this new TV title could be used to add some fun/humor to precidings. Nice to see Bo pick up a big win also, I feel he really is someone the WWE has dropped the ball with. It made sense to book Sid vs Wyatt for the following week too but damn maybe I should have officially stated that I was sending Droz your way in my last pick thread post but yeah anyone reading this spoilered post that's 1/2 of what I owed Campo in our trade, ha!

also very interested to see where the ending angle goes although I have my suspicions and if it's what I think that'd be great.

Thanks BH
    regards ending angle I think everyone knows where that is going but it was an angle I wanted to do since day 1 also maybe the Droz pick now makes sense, you must have thought to yourself why on Gods green earth would he want Droz instead of a Shane Douglas etc

Hope to get to Campo's most recent show soon especially as (I also draft soon and) we have not fully finalized his side of our trade but needed a little break after just getting through Necro's first show
    Really enjoyed the Bayley / Moolah interaction Moolah as a heel seems great and who better to pair her with. Interesting start for Edge too, you would think he will get revenge for that attack and then move towards the title / Hussan. I was almost ready to say how I like how you big up guys who the WWE maybe missed the ball with like (they did with Hussan) Tarver but damn I liked that Samoa Joe mauling, would make him seem an instant star and threat to anyone in your promotion. That said it did also serve to set up the Monty Brown swerve on Tarver which really showed off Brown / The Brotherhood's vicious mean streak... speaking of which it makes sense for Patterson to blame them for the backstage attack.

Result in the tag match makes sense to me, both members of Co-bro could be decent characters to write for without the other while the champs are being booked / made look strong. Also like how you use Singh, not a big character in reality but here he can make a difference, that said I guess the title retention was always on the cards here.... maybe I missed it but what is Pat Pattersons role in your fed? backstage hand who might be forced back into the ring perhaps?

And then we have Trump!... and Backlund ha! perfect side step before the enevitable Hassan appearance. Gotta admit the Steph swerve was one I didn't see coming. ALso didn't really expect Trupm to be used as a face and to be saved by Canadian Edge before I started reading but damn if I don't wanna see what comes next. Good job

I'm not surprised you need a break - you might need a lie down after reading through all of that in one sitting!!!
    With regards to Patterson, he's an active guy on the roster, mainly as a part of a team with Billy Graham.

The Canadian Edge rescuing Trump was something that I was struggling with for a while to be honest. I even was considering trading him as I wasn't sure he fit the role going forward but with the earlier attack I felt it would give him motivation to get revenge.

I toyed with the idea of a (similar to real life) heel Trump but I couldn't work out the kinks later in the shows. Holding the show in Omaha, Nebraska was deliberate (60% of the state voted for Trump in the election) as I wanted a primarily pro Trump crowd to get across the beat-down he received. Had I done it in New York for example the reaction would be very different.

Necrominus wrote: »
    I'm not surprised you need a break - you might need a lie down after reading through all of that in one sitting!!!
    With regards to Patterson, he's an active guy on the roster, mainly as a part of a team with Billy Graham.

The Canadian Edge rescuing Trump was something that I was struggling with for a while to be honest. I even was considering trading him as I wasn't sure he fit the role going forward but with the earlier attack I felt it would give him motivation to get revenge.

I toyed with the idea of a (similar to real life) heel Trump but I couldn't work out the kinks later in the shows. Holding the show in Omaha, Nebraska was deliberate (60% of the state voted for Trump in the election) as I wanted a primarily pro Trump crowd to get across the beat-down he received. Had I done it in New York for example the reaction would be very different.

Yeah I thought
    where you set show one was a smart move and tbh you could even go for a Hart Foundation type deal where they were faces one show (in Canada) then Heels on others (The US) but then again you do have the ideal heels for him to go up against. I'm just curious how you write the next step so as to not have the US military etc to step in and cause your next show to be coming live from Guantanamo Bay!
    ... gotta read the next show to find out I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

Pick up and draft made.

Did some amount of searching to find "B" people - glad to have discovered Titus' real name!

It'd be great if MNG was about soon as myself, Campo & Paulie are all online atm, could get a few rosters completed sharpish

Edit: jinx

What's the magic number yiz are playing with in terms of PPV matches? I always tend to tie up so many characters into one feud and I've stuck to form this year.

5 maybe 6 fights at the main event.

If anyone is interested in Tajiri I'd be really open to possible trades.

• Advertisement

ShagNastii wrote: »
    What's the magic number yiz are playing with in terms of PPV matches? I always tend to tie up so many characters into one feud and I've stuck to form this year.

I was planning on 6 but it's now been extended to 7 with a possible 8th. Now realising how hard it is to build an entire card of this size within four shows without turning every show into a 10,000 word affair...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I have 8 matches penciled in and an angle that I need to find space for, possibly as part of one of my matches. I would consider match descriptions to be my weak point in the write-ups so interested in seeing how I actually get on with it.

Also thanks to Beaker for putting up my pick this morning, really wasn't sure if Session Moth qualified for me but she should be a lot of fun to write for. I actually thought Lee had drafted her a while back so was pleasantly surprised to see she was available at the last minute. There's a long list of good 'S' picks that I had to leave behind too including a lot of draft regulars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

I have 8 matches penciled in and an angle that I need to find space for, possibly as part of one of my matches. I would consider match descriptions to be my weak point in the write-ups so interested in seeing how I actually get on with it.

Also thanks to Beaker for putting up my pick this morning, really wasn't sure if Session Moth qualified for me but she should be a lot of fun to write for. I actually thought Lee had drafted her a while back so was pleasantly surprised to see she was available at the last minute. There's a long list of good 'S' picks that I had to leave behind too including a lot of draft regulars.

She was on my list initially and until about 3/4 of the way through the Draft. I actually had a great plan for her and Norman Smiley but abandoned it for a different direction. Hope you have fun booking her, she is an absolute steal to get in the last round

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'll have my final pick of the game up shortly.
    It'd be great if MNG was about soon as myself, Campo & Paulie are all online atm, could get a few rosters completed sharpish

Edit: jinx

Ha, sorry. But I see you're after me and I think due to the time zone difference you will likely be on soon so we might get a decent run of picks on Friday.

I'll have my final pick of the game up shortly.

Ha, sorry. But I see you're after me and I think due to the time zone difference you will likely be on soon so we might get a decent run of picks on Friday.

No worries, man finally got to add the pics etc to my post in the picks thread just now and in doing so also complete my trade with Campo's CWA.... but the BWA isn't done yet!

I'm like Harry Redknapp up in this draft, wheeling and dealing till the last possible moment in rd16 (one finaal trade to go!)

ShagNastii wrote: »

Ive 7 planned myself, I feel its a good number 1 tag match, and the rest single. Trying to work in stipulations is the hard part

As discussed at the beginning of the draft, while using the same methods BH used last year when the voting comes round, however instead of voting for a top 5, you will be assigning a top 10. Voting will be as follows using a eurovision esque system:

Top 10
    12 points to the man you think deserves first place is a category
    10 points to second
    8 points to third
    7 points to fourth
    6 points to fifth
    5 points to sixth
    4 points to seventh
    3 points to eighth
    2 points to ninth
    1 points to tenth

I felt last year, there were many great shows and with only a top 5 to choose, many didn't get any credit for their hard work. This expansion on the voting will ease the burden on voters while giving lads who work hard for reward for their work in the draft.

Also the Slammies will be back and hopefully we shall have a few more categories to celebrate the 10 year birthday of the draft. So far we have had so many great rosters assembled, so with that phase almost over, the work begins on the shows. Good luck with the writing guys.

Even though we are all vying for the coveted draft champion spot, remember the more write ups come in, the more fun and competition we have, which in turn will make it better for everyone making us all the real winners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

I have 7 planned out also. I might get 8 depending on who I draft in this round.

Have 9 planned myself for BWA Wrestlepalooza, with 3 of them placed on a Pre-Show. Kinda changed my plans for my last roster member (and instead will have the above mentioned final trade) as I didn't wanna have 10 matches (9 is already more than enough) but wanna use everyone on my roster in matches even Horace Hogan & Tatanka who I obviously had not originally planned for.

Cody Hall was one of Bounty Hunters Bonus Picks, and usually goes in the later rounds. Campo has gone faction mad.

6 picks remain and then the drafting ends.

• Advertisement

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Cody Hall was one of Bounty Hunters Bonus Picks, and usually goes in the later rounds. Campo has gone faction mad.

6 picks remain and then the drafting ends.

He was someone I wanted all game tbh then in the final round when I got the letter C it was like destiny

Regards Matches on PPV I plan to have 6/7 but I am using full roster, oh and hope to fit in a Pipers Pit also

Advertisement