Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 10th Annual PW Draft 2017 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

The general feeling seems to be between 6 to 9. I myself have settle one 7.

Won't be using my whole roster, but most of them.

Have my preview show and my first TV show done. Glad I didn't post my preview show yet as I've changed a few things around based on how my first TV show went.

Just have to grab me a few images and edit some slightly. I usually just use google images for grabbing pics, is their a better place?

Excited to post my preview show soon

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

beakerjoe wrote: »
    The general feeling seems to be between 6 to 9. I myself have settle one 7.

Won't be using my whole roster, but most of them.

Have my preview show and my first TV show done. Glad I didn't post my preview show yet as I've changed a few things around based on how my first TV show went.

Just have to grab me a few images and edit some slightly. I usually just use google images for grabbing pics, is their a better place?

Excited to post my preview show soon

That's what I've been using apart from specific ones that may simply not exist. Those I throw together using GIMP.

Having said that I probably won't use a ton of pics for my main PPV, I want to focus on the writing and it will be long enough as it stands!

Looking forward to see what you have planned. I had tons of other angles planned with my roster that I never followed through on for various reasons. I'll probably share some of those after I get all my shows up.

Have the preview done and will probably write the PPV next week. I'll hold off on posting my second show till Monday or Tuesday I think.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Cheers Paulie!

and with that my roster is complete and my first non preview show is up!

Preview show
    Show 1

BWA Roster 2017:
    Hulk Hogan, Scott Hall, Kevin Nash, "The Million Dollar Man" Ted Dibiase & IRS, Andre The Giant, "Mr Perfect" Curt Hennig, Dave Batista, Stan Hansen, Manami Toyota & Aja Kong, Ronda Rousey, Victoria, Molly Holly, Bam Bam Bigelow, "The Franchise" Shane Douglas, Chris Candido, The Original Sheik, Sabu, Abdullah The Butcher, "Doctor Death" Steve Williams, Kevin Sullivan, Dan Spivey, Rick Steiner, "Hot Stuff" Eddie Gilbert, Hannibal, Tatanka, Horace Hogan, Virgil

particularily happy to have been able to add those two ladies to my womens divison so late in the game. Weirdly even though they tagged for way more than needed to be eligible, Victoria is actually the women who shaved Molly's head in WWE too.
    Cody Hall was one of Bounty Hunters Bonus Picks, and usually goes in the later rounds. Campo has gone faction mad.

6 picks remain and then the drafting ends.

Thought he might have been and would have liked to get him but maybe it's for the best I didn't as I could imagine myself changing drafting plans then and going for more kids/parent picks or playing up the NWO / BC links but tbh I'm happy with the route I did go in the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Final pick is up and PM sent to Liz. Hoyt is somebody I was gonna take earlier with Harry Smith to feud with KOTN but Im just as happy to pick up Lance on his own. He wont be a major star but he will definitely have a spot in my story.

I probably wont get my first show up for about another week or so with work and family stuff. But will try and read the shows that have been put up so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,714 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I have my final pick up and pm sent to TBC, happy enough to get Mason Ryan aka Matista and if BH will allow me to mention Batista of BWA I might have Mase do a Joey Tribbani stalking hand twin :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I'm Vegas until the end of next week, can someone pm the next pick? If Paul is already drafted I'd be happy to go last this round so that we don't slow things down

I'm Vegas until the end of next week, can someone pm the next pick? If Paul is already drafted I'd be happy to go last this round so that we don't slow things down

Sent to slick for you.

He is / was available alright, thought he would eventually go though after the authors of pain went

Edit :oh and Liz I don't mind you having Batista make some small comedy cameos like in that tbh i'd probably find it funny.

FINAL ROSTER UPDATE

Mr Nice Guy: Kurt Angle, Chad Gable and Jason Jordan (American Alpha), Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat, Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas (World's Greatest Tag Team), Rey Mysterio, Will Ospreay, Terry Funk, Todd Pettengill, Minoru Suzuki & Naomichi Marufuji, Muhammad Ali, Dean Malenko, Perry Saturn, Mickie James, Paul London & Billy Kidman, Ultimo Dragon, Dory Funk Jr, Io Shirai & Mayu Iwatani, John Kronus, Satoryu Sayama aka Tiger Mask, Cheerleader Melissa & MsChief

Lord TSC: Xavier Woods, Big E, Kofi Kingston (The New Day), "Broken" Matt Hardy, Vince McMahon, "Big Poppa Pump" Scott Steiner, The Big Show, The Iron Shiek, Mantaur, Raven & Tommy Dreamer, Charlie Sheen, The Sandman, Doink the Clown, Stevie Richards & The Blue Meanie, Simon Dean, R-Truth & Little Jimmy, Shannon Moore, Crazzy Steve, Rosemary, Kizarny, Armando Alejandro Estrada

Bounty Hunter: Hulk Hogan, Batista, Mr Perfect & Scott Hall, 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase & Stan Hansen, Kevin Nash, Andre The Giant, Mike 'IRS' Rotunda & Dan 'Waylon Mercy' Spivey, Horace Hogan, Manami Toyota & Aja Kong, 'Rowdy' Ronda Rousey, Bam Bam Bigelow, Chris Candido, Abdullah the Butcher & The Original Sheik, Rick Steiner & Eddie Gilbert, Sabu (Trade), Tatanka, 'Dr Death' Steve Williams & Kevin Sullivan, Shane Douglas (Trade), Devon 'Hannibal' Nicholson, Molly Holly & Victoria (Trade), Virgil

Daithi1989: Sting, Randy Orton, Goldberg, Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase Jnr (Priceless), Luke Harper and Erick Rowan, Booker T, AJ Lee & Kaitlyn (The Chickbusters), Captain Lou Albano, Hornswoggle, Brodus Clay & Tensai/Albert (Tons of Funk), Naomi & Tamina Snuka (Team B.A.D.), Rikishi (Trade), Scotty 2 Hotty & Grandmaster Sexay (Too Cool), Juventud Guerrera (Trade), The Great Khali, 'Hacksaw' Jim Duggan, Nathan Jones, Manu, Sgt. Slaughter, Sim Snuka, Titus O'Neil

A Brad Maddox Guy: Brock Lesnar, Mick Foley, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Shane McMahon, "The Road Dogg" Jesse James, and "The Bad Ass" Billy Gunn (The New Age Outlaws), The Ultimate Warrior, Rich Swann & Ricochet, Ludvig Borga, Damien Sandow & Tye Dillinger, Mickey Rourke, Jack Swagger, Caristico, Lance Storm & Justin Credible (The Impact Players), Authors of Pain, Tyler Breeze, Noelle Foley, Gene & Ole Anderson (Minnesota Wrecking Crew), 'The Mouth of the South' Jimmy Hart, Riki Choshu & Tomohiro Ishii, 'The Session Moth' Martina

LeeJM: AJ Styles, Sheamus, "The Villain" Marty Scurll, 'The Bruiserweight' Pete Dunne & Trent Seven (British Strong Style), Chris Hero, Tazz, David Finlay (Trade), Tyler Bate, Norman Smiley, Damien Corvin & Bonesaw (Kings of The North), X-Pac & Jerry Lynn, Barry Windham(Trade), Luther Ward, Takeshi Morishima (Trade), Finlay (Trade), War Machine, Jimmy Havoc, Duncan Disorderly, Jim Smallman, The London Riots, Tommy End (Trade), Lance Archer/Hoyt

Beakerjoe: Randy Savage, The Miz, Kevin Owens (Trade), Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard (The Brainbusters), Gargano and Ciampa (DIY), Brian Pillman, Asuka, Clarence Mason, Adrian Neville & Corey Graves (Trade), ACH & Matt Sydal, Alberto Del Rio(Trade), Gorilla Monsoon (Trade), Madusa, Paige, Matt Riddle, Cedric Alexander, Maryse, Miss Elizabeth, Bull Nakano & Dump Matsumoto, Michael Cole, Beulah

Thebostoncrab: Shinsuke Nakamura, Jerry 'The King' Lawler (Trade), The Young Bucks, Legion of Doom, Akira Tozawa and Sami Zayn, Adam Cole BAY-BAY!, Katsuyori Shibata, Nicole Bass, THE Brian Kendrick & Low Ki, El Hijo del Santo, Kerry Von Erich, La Parka, Dalton Castle, Kensuke Sasaki & Hiroshi Haze, Taka Michinoku, Hangman Page, Kyle O'Reilly & Bobby Fish (ReDRagon), Kikutaro & Stalker Ichikawa, Necro Butcher, Paul Ellering

Campo: Roddy Piper, Bray Wyatt, Braun Strowman, Bobby Lashley, D'Lo Brown and The Godfather, Mark Henry, The Godwinns, Tama Tonga & Tanga Roe (Guerillas of Destiny), Jay Lethal, Sycho Sid, 'Cowboy' Bob Orton, Bad Luck Fale, Jim Cornette (Trade), Stan Lane & Bobby Eaton(The Midnight Express), Bo Dallas, Nikita Koloff, Heidenreich, New Jack & Mustafa Saed (The Gangstas), Droz & The Moondogs (Trade), Cody Hall

Paulie21: Chris Jericho, The Rock, Dolph Ziggler, The Briscoes, Ken Anderson (Trade), Karl 'Doc' Anderson and Luke Gallows (The Club), Sasha Banks, Bertha Faye, Heath Slater & Rhyno, Stacey Keibler & Torrie Wilson, Baron Corbin, Roderick Strong, Brie Bella & Nikki Bella (The Bella Twins), Gangrel, Viscera & Val Venis, Vicki Guerrero, Paul Bearer, Doug & Danny Basham, Giant Gonzalez, Rocky Johnson (Trade)

BrianRegan09: Owen Hart, Roman Reigns, Okada, Enzo Amore & Big Cass, Jushin Thunder Liger, Paul Heyman, Tetsuaya Naito & Yujiro Takahashi, Bruce Hart (Trade), Leo Kruger, Tito Ortiz, Lex Luger, Psicosis & Super Crazy (The Mexicools), Carmella, Gran Metallic, Konnan, Homicide & Hernandez (L.A.X.), The Goon, Koko B. Ware, Brian 'Crush' Adams & Bryan 'Adam Bomb' Clark (KroniK), Elijah Burke

JP Liz V1: Stone Cold Steve Austin, Antonio Cesaro, Tyson Kidd, Austin Aries, Nigel McGuinness, Chyna, Beth Phoenix, Carlito & Primo, Nidia, Ryback & Curtis Axel (Rybaxel), Snoop Dogg, Kharma & Hamada, Michael Elgin, Jesse 'The Body' Ventura, Steve Blackman (Trade), Colt Cabana, David Hart Smith, Matt Morgan & Crimson, Jack Evans & Teddy Hart, Darren Young, Mason Ryan

Cheese Wagstaff: Bret Hart, Seth Rollins, Jeff Hardy, Christian, John Morrison, Umaga & Rosey, Meng & The Barbarian, Matt Cappotelli, Eric Bischoff, Sean O'Haire & Mark Jindrak, Hardcore Holly, Joey Mercury, Jamie Noble, Pedro Morales & Carlos Colon, Buddy Rogers, Hakushi, Tito Santana & Rick Martel (Strike Force), Hade Vansen, Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart, John Laurinaitis

Shagnastii: The Undertaker, Kane, Keiji Mutoh, William Regal & Tajiri, Ron Simmons/Faarooq, Antonio Inoki, 'PS' Michael Hayes & Terry 'Bam Bam' Gordy (The Fabulous Freebirds), Rodney Mack, Goldust, 'Iron' Mike Tyson, Zack Sabre Jnr (Trade), Jim Ross, Michelle McCool, Vampiro, Dan 'The Beast' Severn, Chael Sonnen, Skinner, Buddy 'Jake' Roberts, Terri Runnells, Sable, 'Marvelous' Marc Mero

Spongey1975: Ric Flair, CM Punk, Dean Ambrose, Christopher Daniels & Kazarian (The Addiction), Rob Van Dam, Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin (The Motor City Machine Guns) Ax & Smash (Demolition), Midajah, Bruno Sammartino, The Big Boss Man & One Man Gang, The Hurricane aka Gregory Helms, Jimmy Wang Yang, Ethan Carter III & Fandango, Renee Young, Kelly Kelly & Eve Torres, Summer Rae, Test, The Boogeyman, Teddy Long, Rico

Imnotthehulk: Daniel Bryan, "The British Bulldog" Davey Boy Smith and Dynamite Kidd (The British Bulldogs), "Glorious" Bobby Roode, "Mr Wonderful" Paul Orndorff & "Ravishing" Rick Rude, James Storm & Abyss, Jimmy 'Superfly' Snuka & Bruiser Brody, Jeff Jarrett, Lord Alfred Hayes (Trade), MVP, Ken Shamrock (Trade), Diamond Dallas Page (DDP), The Wild Samoan/Samu & The Great Kokina/Yokozuna (Samoan Swat Team), Jacqueline, TJ Perkins, Eric Young, 'The Wildcat' Chris Harris, Mistico II, The Honky Tonk Man, Seiya Sanada, ODB, Chris Kanyon

DM_7: Finn Bálor, John Cena, Kota Ibushi, Kenny Omega, Charlotte & Becky Lynch, Rusev, Trish Stratus, Jimmy & Jey (The Usos) (Trade), 'The Giggalo' Jimmy Del Ray & 'The Doctor' Tom Pritchard, 'The Chosen One' Drew Galloway/McIntyre, Pentagon Jr, Nia Jax (Trade), Lana, Apollo Crews, La Sombra & Rush, Matanza Cueto, Ryusuke Taguchi, Eva Marie, Mauro Ranallo, Shayna Baszler, Brian Cage

Necrominus: Samoa Joe (Trade), Edge, Vader, Stephanie McMahon, Bubba Dudley/Bully Ray and D-Von Dudley (The Dudley Boyz), Muhammad Hassan, Bayley & Emma, Ranjin Singh, The Fabulous Moolah, President Donald Trump, 'Superstar' Billy Graham & Pat Patterson, Bob Backlund, Earthquake & Typhoon (The Natural Disasters), Santino Marella & Zack Ryder (Team CoBro), 'The Alpha Male' Monty Brown, Mike Adamle, Michael Tarver, Glenn Gilberti aka Disco Inferno, Mae Young, Velvet Sky & Madison Rayne (The Beautiful People)

Furious Red: Eddie Guerrero, Triple H (HHH), John Bradshaw Layfield (JBL), Dash & Dawson (The Revival), Wade Barrett, Eddie Edwards & Davey Richards (American Wolves), Lita, Aaron 'Jesus' Aguilera, Doug Williams & Magnus (The British Invasion), Gail Kim, Kalisto & Sin Cara (The Lucha Dragons), Chavo Guerrero, Alexa Bliss, Noam Dar, No Way José, Brooklyn Brawler, Mark Andrews, Zema Ion (DJ Z), Kenny King, Ivory

SlickRic: Jake 'The Snake' Roberts, (HBK) Shawn Michaels, Mitsuhara Misawa, Kenta Kobashi, Dusty Rhodes, Hideo Itami, Chris Benoit (Trade), Ricky Morton & Robert Gibson (The Rock'N'Roll Express), Timothy Well & Steven Dunn (Well Dunn), Nick Bockwinkel & Ray 'The Crippler Stevens, Floyd 'Money' Mayweather Jr, Harley Race, Marty Jannetty, Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan (Trade), Bob Sapp, The Nasty Boys, Hercules, Magnum TA, Sensational Sherri, Ahmed Johnson, King Kong Bundy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Is the 1st name beginning with B or the surname ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Is the 1st name beginning with B or the surname ?

either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I have my preview show up available here. Appreciate any feedback, hopefully the article style comes across ok. Also hope to get reading some other shows soon, hadn't a whole lot of time the last couple weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Some feedback:

Necrominus:
    I like how you recapped the events of last year and the way you introduced Stephanie was well done. I'm keen to see how you use Edge and Vader who I had fun writing for last time. You put over your women's division strongly which I liked. Also like the concept of the Rising Star Championship. A good moment to end the press conference too with the Trump announcement. I'm excited now to read the Agony show.

Brad and Bounty Hunter, I have read your shows and will be providing feedback on them shortly. Thanks to all who have given me feedback so far.

I have all but the main event of my PPV now written. Will probably post my second show some time tomorrow.

Sorry about any delay Paulies pick caused, he did send me his picks to throw up as he thought he might not have been around. Then I was unable to get on my laptop (cant use my mobile as the screen is cracked).

Hope everyone is happy with their rosters.

I have read over Bounty Hunters, Daithis, Lee's and Necros first post, so feedback will be on the way when Ive a spare minute.

BWA Raw:
    I loved the opening with the switch from Real American to the NWO theme. Great twist to start things off. Giving Hogan the title and total creative control is very clever and I like where this is going.

Perfect having the 'perfect' debut in BWA makes a lot of sense too. I suspect that he may play a large part in your plans and I'm looking forward to what comes next.

Referencing Rousey in the crowd and then having Toyota debut was interesting. The bait and switch with Horace Hogan and resulting match was cool. I kept expecting Rousey to jump the barricade for the confrontation but I expect the face to face showdown to now be even more explosive if/when it does happen.

Batista not knowing what is happening with the BWA is very interesting. I was wondering how he was going to fit into the dynamics of your roster but keeping his movie star persona is the right choice.

The little segment with DiBiase and the various factions/tag teams was interesting. I'm looking forward to see how that develops, particularly with DiBiase's various partners. The relationship between him and IRS already seeming a little strained is something I'm particularly interested in.

And now I see why you didn't have the confrontation with Toyota - the quality of your women's division is stunning and I'm looking forward to how that progresses.

The slight tension with Perfect and the NWO after Hogan names Scott Hall as his opponent was good. I expect all is not as it seems with the NWO. Will we get a 'fingerpoke of doom?' or will Hall try and finally grasp the world title that has eluded him?

The Outsiders win and resulting beat down of Shiek and Abdullah was well written. I was actually expecting a heel Batista to join the NWO so to see him come down and make the save was a nice twist. Battle lines have been drawn and with more debuts on the cards for show 2 (excited about Andre) you again look like a top contender.

All in all great stuff.

MWA Preview:
    The way you wrote out your former roster while still providing the backstory was very good. Lesnar beating Pillman and the becoming the part time champ makes sense and the brewing tension between Shane - who I think will be a huge character for you - is very interesting.

Great call on building Sandow up as the underdog face who wins against his tormentor only to turn around and spit on the fans. I'm interested as to who will be his challenger at Wrestlerama and how that will play out.

I of course loved the little mention of NCW regarding the Tag Titles, and with the Outlaws playing a (I think) heel role it will be interesting to see how that pans out.

I'm interested to see what you have planned for Caristico also. A small mention in the preview but one that peaks my interest certainly.

And then we run on into the interview. Shane building up Tanahashi and running down Okada was very realistic.

The interruption of Mick Foley/Mankind was nice too and Shane playing the domineering heel role and trying to keep Foley down will be a nice dynamic going forward.

I wonder will Foley get his shot or will it be a match against Shane at WrestleRama? Either one would be all kinds of epic.

Looking forward to see what comes next. I really like your roster and what you have put forward so far is great. I can foresee me having all kinds of problems when it comes to voting for best write-ups!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Hey Joe,

Could you share with us the possible bonus picks we could have got in round 12? I'm rather curious (haven't a monkeys where I will place Skinner)

• Registered Users Posts: 86,714 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

And so the drafting of the draft is now complete. All 20 rosters are assembled and all look capable of delivering top shows/ppvs.

The Evaluation Thread is open since round 10 and will remain open until Sunday the 26th of March, which gives you all a whopping 7 weeks to get your PPV cards and optional shows ready. Good luck, its been my pleasure

Thank you Joe, great job

I'm officially going to start writing mine next sunday I've a humdinger of a busy week coming up but once im done saturday I've got buckets of free time then RCW will rise then ....Reigns...or Rainmaker.........who knows :D

Necrominus wrote: »
    BWA Raw:
    I loved the opening with the switch from Real American to the NWO theme. Great twist to start things off. Giving Hogan the title and total creative control is very clever and I like where this is going.

Perfect having the 'perfect' debut in BWA makes a lot of sense too. I suspect that he may play a large part in your plans and I'm looking forward to what comes next.

Referencing Rousey in the crowd and then having Toyota debut was interesting. The bait and switch with Horace Hogan and resulting match was cool. I kept expecting Rousey to jump the barricade for the confrontation but I expect the face to face showdown to now be even more explosive if/when it does happen.

Batista not knowing what is happening with the BWA is very interesting. I was wondering how he was going to fit into the dynamics of your roster but keeping his movie star persona is the right choice.

The little segment with DiBiase and the various factions/tag teams was interesting. I'm looking forward to see how that develops, particularly with DiBiase's various partners. The relationship between him and IRS already seeming a little strained is something I'm particularly interested in.

And now I see why you didn't have the confrontation with Toyota - the quality of your women's division is stunning and I'm looking forward to how that progresses.

The slight tension with Perfect and the NWO after Hogan names Scott Hall as his opponent was good. I expect all is not as it seems with the NWO. Will we get a 'fingerpoke of doom?' or will Hall try and finally grasp the world title that has eluded him?

The Outsiders win and resulting beat down of Shiek and Abdullah was well written. I was actually expecting a heel Batista to join the NWO so to see him come down and make the save was a nice twist. Battle lines have been drawn and with more debuts on the cards for show 2 (excited about Andre) you again look like a top contender.

All in all great stuff.

Cheers Necrominus

I actually held a lot back in show 1 for 2 reasons.

1) as discussed here before you don't wanna be introducing too many things at once and limiting how special some introductions are, plus introducing less means a 1 show story can progress while if you introduced an entire roster in one go I doubt you'd get much story.

2) Pacing, I think as I build to my big PPV there will be an equal amount of big moments in each show (at least based off the plans for the first 3 shows i've written up) so don't expect a major WTF moment in each storyline on each show but you'll get a few each show as all planned stories linked to a PPV match progresses.

I almost always choose the weekly TV show format but every year kinda regret not going another way with my pre-PPV shows for example you having a big PPV allowed for a lot more major storyline progressing moments to take place imo. Similarily I always remember when MNG did a post per feud outlining what happened each week + backstory before a certain match - doing it this way avoids the reader focusing on how many run ins / DQs / similar promos etc you'd have on one week of TV and instead of having everything both fit together as a PPV & individual shows you can just focus on what works best for that show.

anywhoo dunno if any one show will neccesarily blow people away in the BWA build but hopefully that is the important word build and that it will build nicely to a crescendo at the PPV.

will have to read the MWA show now as I wanna read them as soon as I can and not be left in the situation where they have all piled up, and if I'm honest I have been before, reading many multiply shows one after another before I vote resulting in them all kinda blurring into one at times. not this year

Here as requested and promised, are the potentially bonus picks.

First up was the code round were you had 80 picks in tital to choose from, here are the 60 men who went unpicked.

1. The Warlord
    2. Askanna
    3. The Coach (of Mr Perfect fame not Jonathon Coachman)
    4. Frenchy Martin
    5. Jose Lothario
    6. Curtis Hughes
    7. Sean Mooney
    8. Paul Ellering
    9. Bill Alfonso
    10. The Bashem Brothers
    11. Asya
    12. Mr Fuji
    13. Jose Estrada
    14. Jameson
    15. Abraham Washington
    16. Ken Patera
    17. Daniel Puder
    18. Brother Love
    19. Tori (of Xpac/Kane fame)
    20. Ernie Ladd
    21. Hakushi
    22. John Nord/ The Beserker
    23. George Animal Steele
    24. Luthar Reigns
    25. Miss Jackie Gydia
    26. Terri Runnels
    27. The Kat/Miss Kitty
    28. Gymini
    29. Techno Team 2000
    30. The Buskwackers
    31. Ryan Shamrock
    32. The Harris Twins
    33. Dick Togo
    34. Captain New Japan
    35. May Young
    36. Kim Page
    37. The Beverly Bros
    38. Jillian Hall
    39. Fake Razor Ramon
    40. The Demon (Dale Torborg)
    41. Ron Bass
    42. Major Gunns
    43. Bill DeMott
    44. Jazz
    45. Rob Conway
    46. TL Hopper
    47. Hillbilly Jim
    48. Baby Doll
    49. Savio Vega
    50. Bam Neely
    51. Alex Wright
    52. Bad News Brown
    53. The Killer Bees
    54. Essa Rios
    55. Shaniqua
    56. Power and Glory
    57. April Hunter
    58. The Jackyl
    59. Debra McMichael
    60. Mongo McMichael

• Advertisement

Second show up - and within one post this time :P. Feedback would be appreciated when ye get a chance!

The next round was the bonus round in which players had to choose a number which resulted in either matching up with someone on your roster, an unrelated pick or a dud.

There were 3 names on the related to your roster picks, here is the list. Some lists have more than 3 names,some were back up names in case any were drafted before your pick. The ones in bold were used

Bounty Hunter : Virgil, Tatanka, Cody Hall, Brust Beefcake, Brooke Hogan

MNG : Eric Angle, Dory Funk Jnr, Luke Haas, Richie Steamboat, Kronus

Lord TSC : Reby Sky, Jim Duggan, Shannon Moore, Belluah

Daithi : Stevie Ray, Marese Mizanin, Droz,

ABMG : Bart Gunn, Paul Ellering, Zeb Colter, Dawn Marie

Lee : Dunken Disorderly, Martina from the flats, Bill Alfonso, Jordan devlin, Dave Taylor

Beaker Joe : Miss Elizabeth, Marese Mizanin, Bull Nakano, Lanny Poffo, Sweet Saraya (I dont know which ones BH used)

TBC : Hangman Page, Silus Young, Fritz Von erich, The Kat, Big Zeke Jackson

Campo – Bo Dallas, Headbanger Mosh, Hangman Page, Kristal Marshall, Bad Luck Fale Victoria

Paulie – Test, Big Vis, PJ Black, Ralphus, Vicki Guererro

Liz – Santino, Nattie Neidhart, Al Snow, Harry Smith, The Kat

Brainregan : Miss Elizabeth, PJ Black, Koko B Ware, Jim Neidhart

Cheese : Crash Holly, Bart Gunn, Chuck Palumbo, The Warlord, Melina Perez, Stu Hart

Shag : Paul bearer, Sunny, Terri Runnels, Brother Love, Big Vis

Spongey : David Flair, Colt Cabana, Bill Alfonso, Kushida, Summer Rae

NotHulkie : Diana Hart, Scotty D’Amore, Tank abbot, Chris Harris, Karen jarrett

DM _7 : Bull Buchanan, Big Damo, Rysuki Taguchi, Test

Necro : Spike Dudley, Mae Young, Dino Bravo, Giant Silva

Furious Red : Killer Kowalski, Essa Rios, Bram, Bam neely,

Slickric : Jose Lothario, Rick Martel, Al Snow, Lance Cade, Tiger Mask

Now the wrestlers un-tied to peoples rosters were as follows :

Heres the pool of 30 names that ill act as the pool of bonus picks unrelated to rosters

1. Bounty Hunter : Bill Demott
    2. MNG: Alex Wright
    3. Lord TSC : The Beserker
    4. Liz : Daniel Puder
    5. TBC : Wahoo McDaniels
    6. ABMG : Sean Mooney
    7. Shagnasti: Skinner
    8. Imnotthehulk : Ronnie Garvin
    9. Brian Regan : Bad News Brown
    10. Campo : Harvey Wippleman
    11. Cheese : Hakushi
    12. LeeJM : Slick
    13. Paulie : Junkyard Dog
    14. DM_7 : Sexy Star
    15. Daithi : Nathan Jones
    16. Necrominus : Harris Brothers
    17. Spongey : Taka Michinoku
    18. Furious Red : Hillbilly Jim
    19. Slick ric : Hercules

The Jobbers were as follows

[LIST=2]
    [*]Bounty Hunter : Gillberg
    [*]MNG: Jameson
    [*]Lord TSC : The Heart Throbs
    [*]Liz : TL Hopper
    [*]TBC : Jillian Hall
    [*]ABMG : The ECW Zombie
    [*]Shagnasti: Ralphus
    [*]Imnotthehulk : Barry Horowitz
    [*]Brian Regan : The Goon
    [*]Campo : Harvey Wippleman
    [*]Cheese : Tiger Ali Singh
    [*]LeeJM : James Ellworth
    [*]Paulie : Iron Mike Sharpe
    [*]DM_7 : Askana
    [*]Daithi : Baston Booger
    [*]Necrominus : Mike Adamle
    [*]Spongey : Gymini
    [*]Furious Red : Steve Lombardi
    [*]Slick ric : Joy Giovanni
    [/LIST]

Will hopefully get a chance to read that (Necro) once im done with Elimination Chamber tonight.

Now that we are done it's interesting to see who the biggest names who went undrafted this year would be. I'd imagine Mike Awesome would be up there, The Brisco brothers too whom I considered in the round where the NWA title was cut from the tag rule, Vince Russo would usually get picked too but I guess it's not a shock if nobody wanted him.

I was toying with the idea of taking Hiro Matsuda too but decided against taking Hogan's trainer & the guy who broke his left in the end.

I had a major plan for Dixie Carter. Was even considering drafting her in the 15th round but decided against it as I wanted to bring back Disco and add Mae to my women's division. When the stip for round 16 came in I was then a click of a button away from drafting Linda McMahon (literally had the post typed and pictures inserted) but changed my mind and went with Sky and Rayne.

Will hopefully get a chance to read that once im done with Elimination Chamber tonight.

Now that we are done it's interesting to see who the biggest names who went undrafted this year would be. I'd imagine Mike Awesome would be up there, The Brisco brothers too whom I considered in the round where the NWA title was cut from the tag rule, Vince Russo would usually get picked too but I guess it's not a shock if nobody wanted him.

I was toying with the idea of taking Hiro Matsuda too but decided against taking Hogan's trainer & the guy who broke his left in the end.

Well last year the like sof Baron Corbin, Mickie James and Dvon Dudley all went undrafted

This year Kushida went to no one, hes a great talent. Also Masato Tanaka went unpicked too. Chris Masters didnt find a home, nor did Jun Akiyama (he was my back up for Matt riddle). Crash Holly went no where too.

The Ascension went undrafted as did Blake and Murphy, no love for the NXT tag teams. Boogeyman wasn't picked, nether was Alex Riley, Mike Awesome, Curt Hawkins, Zeb Colter, Sgt Slaughter, Ropongi Vice, Konnan, Lou Thesz,

BWA preview show :
    You’ve fired everyone from last year, even Bryan Danielson!!! I like how you worked in the changeover from last year to this year, it makes sense and reminds me of Dream Team on sky one, every year they had a new cast and had to explain it with some crazy reasoning. Anyway…. The points about the previous years of the draft are great to a long time reader like myself, it only enhances things.

I love how you keep us guessing as to who will show up, will it be NOW, Million Dollar Corp. , etc. Very clever and keeps me very curious as to what’s happening. I like not being able to predict the show and this really hits that home. DiBiase is a great character to have, you used him before and IMO you seem to be making him a lot more prominent this time around. I look forward to catching up with the next show

Necro (ncw) :
    Straight away I love the recap, starting off where you left off essentially. Like BH, you’ve done a nice job at explaining the exit of last year’s roster and the assembly of your new one. Steph as GM can go many ways, so I’m interested to see how you write for her, though I will miss Pete Rose, someone you wrote very well last year.

I like how you appeared to sign top talent from MNG, which in turn makes your new roster more credible as he did well with those guys last year. Also I like the idea of the Rising Star Championship, obviously it will play a big role in your shows.

The roster overview outlines your talent perfectly, as it should, and on paper and how you plan to write your shows in the future, your roster is stacked with talent and characters. I look forward to the PPV

Oh and Trump. I dunno what your gonna do with him, but its a task. He will obviously shape your show and how him and some of the foreign stars interact will be fascinating. Good luck

Feedback Daithi :
    Hornswoggle as a GM is a bold move right off the bat. I think he sets the tone for a fun oriented company and the roster you’ve assembled suggest you have a lot of stars that could fit in well with the GM hornswoggle. Randy Orton is portrayed how you’d expect, caring about no one and being very unpredictable. I loved Legend Killer Orton so no complaints with which version of Orton you’re giving us. Tamina is booked strong and dominant as someone of her size should be. It will be interesting how the rest of the ladies fit in to the title picture. Delighted your using Lou Albano too, but that’s just me personally since he was a bonus pick and I like to see them used.

You’ve laid out your stall well for a first timer and delighted your taking part. I look forward to more.

Lee / AEPW :
    If you didn’t know that Lee was a fan of nearly all wrestling ever produced, his roster and first post will tell you hers a broad range of tastes, with most of his picks being expert in ring performers. It brings an underground feel to it that you’ve so many BritWres talents who aren’t huge names.

Jim Smallmans intro was extremely effective in emphasising the feel of your fed and explaining what happed your roster of last year effectively. Pairing Father Finley with his kid as a tag team could be a great move and it sets up a nice Brit v Ireland tag team feud down the line, so simple work there yet very effective. Your tag team division has great depth, something mine does not.

The way you strongly booked Taz last year makes Pete Dunne look strong as a result. Luthar WARD V Sheamus has a lot of interesting ways it could go and I look forward to which route you take. Ward is a fantastic character. I enjoyed how Shagnasti used him previously and no doubt you will use him well.

No one to the main part, the juicy part of the post. It was so easy to imagine and draw comparisons with the ECW invasion in 2001. I loved that angle by the way, and going for a Progress v AEPW feud is a great idea. You’ve amassed a hell of a roster to accomplish this and the feud has a bucket load of potential. I felt your outline was fine and steady and then it exploded with the AJ V Hero recap. I really look forward to whats next and hope you do a better job of the invasion angle than WWE ever did. Great stuff

I picked Konnan ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I don't think anybody picked Gorgeous George which surprises me. I thought Candice LeRae might be taken too. Kushida was going to be my back-up if I didn't get my Tiger Mask pick. I figured he'd go eventually. I considered CMLL's Cavernario because I love that caveman gimmick but I wasn't sure he had enough name value.

• Advertisement

I picked Konnan ;)

KOlRFvR.jpg

I didnt even notice, Im sure I'll notice during the write ups :)

Advertisement