Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 10th Annual PW Draft 2017 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I am usually online a lot so it wouldn't be an issue for me but iirc people who couldn't post at work were worried before that if their go started at say 2am and they can't get online then at work they would miss their go if it was 12hrs. Maybe if it was changed in such a way from 2am-8am or something similar could be excluded from the 12hr deadline

The 24 hour rule was probably pre Smart Phones? With the option to send a PM of people you are considering I think it could still be fair.

Although I think its really for next year, anyone signed up this year did so on a 24 hour rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I think 12 hours is too restrictive a slot. For example yesterday I essentially had an 11 hour working day, out the door at 9 and didn't finish work til 8, wasn't home til near half. Luckily I got online at lunch and saw I was up first. I rushed my pick to keep things moving (plus Brock came into my head immediately) but if I hadn't got home for lunch I would have missed a 12 hour slot, picked 20 this round and still had pick 20 next round. It's just too tight a timeframe imo, as frustrating as waiting the 24 hours can be it is the fairest I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Actually just reading back, Campo was getting hitched on Jan 1st. (Hopefully he's not Jack Branning....Eastenders reference anyone?)

But Id imagine he's probably busy enough at this time and hopefully he will come online when he gets a minute. Be patient guys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Actually just reading back, Campo was getting hitched on Jan 1st. (Hopefully he's not Jack Branning....Eastenders reference anyone?)

But Id imagine he's probably busy enough at this time and hopefully he will come online when he gets a minute. Be patient guys!
    Thats a fair point. Suppose we can cut him some slack for being on his honeymoon. Let him enjoy the happiness while it lasts :O

I think 12 hours is too restrictive a slot. For example yesterday I essentially had an 11 hour working day, out the door at 9 and didn't finish work til 8, wasn't home til near half. Luckily I got online at lunch and saw I was up first. I rushed my pick to keep things moving (plus Brock came into my head immediately) but if I hadn't got home for lunch I would have missed a 12 hour slot, picked 20 this round and still had pick 20 next round. It's just too tight a timeframe imo, as frustrating as waiting the 24 hours can be it is the fairest I think.

Can't argue with that.

• Advertisement

Also delighted to have Slickric enter as number 20. He's been part of the draft many times and its always good to have draft vets on board.

Speaking of draft vets, I am disappointed that Uncle Walt, MrKiscool, Raf32 and Moneymaker couldnt make it

Walt almost always drafts an excellent roster and he will be missed. He did mention he was fairly busy.

Moneymaker hasnt been seen since he gave up on WWE a few months back and my PMs gained no response. I top lad and sad not to have him on board.

Raf32, Now Alfred Borden on here, was also too busy. He didnt take part last year but had two good years previously.

MrKiscool,like MM was Pm'd and no reply. A nother man who had an eye for a good roster.

But with you 20, we aren't short of good brothers (and Liz). A great bunch of lads with a few regulars, a few returnees and green newbie in daithi1989 who, if the Fantasy League is anything to go on, will be a big wild card.

Heres to a good year lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

I had about 6/7 people in mind to pick and all have gone now! I'm back to the drawing board now to try find someone!
    And I have absolutely nothing planned as potentional storylines!! Its all for a bit of craic, so we'll see what happens!

Lads Im like a child at Christmas. Just finished a new graphic for my show and I am hyped up! Now to scout out a new theme song :D

daithi1989 wrote: »
    I had about 6/7 people in mind to pick and all have gone now! I'm back to the drawing board now to try find someone!
    And I have absolutely nothing planned as potentional storylines!! Its all for a bit of craic, so we'll see what happens!

being at the bottom end of round one means you will have a top pick next round, so dont drop the head yet friend :)

Campos time runs out just before 9, I hope Furious Red is ready just in case

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

beakerjoe wrote: »
    being at the bottom end of round one means you will have a top pick next round, so dont drop the head yet friend :)

Campos time runs out just before 9, I hope Furious Red is ready just in case

Ive been ready since Liz's pick last night :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Not even looking at who I can choose until it comes to me. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

It looks like Furious may be the next pick. Hopefully campo doesn't miss somebody he was really after.

He said he was getting married right? I personally couldn't imagine missing one of the most important moments of my life.........to go off and get married. Ba-dum-cha!!!! #hereallweek

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

In just before buzzer

Campo in Fergie time

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Pick made and PM sent

Good picking and still some greats available.

Stip is really working out well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Whilst waiting for Campos pick i settled on a shortlist of 3 which consisted of Piper, Guerrero & Flair. Turns out i had no choice of that shortlist.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,010 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Guess going to have to re write my whole show

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

Whilst waiting for Campos pick i settled on a shortlist of 3 which consisted of Piper, Guerrero & Flair. Turns out i had no choice of that shortlist.

And they were the 3 guys I had picked hoping to get as far as me! Back to drawing board for a 3rd time!! This time, I'm gonna wait for my turn and not get my hopes up!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Don't think anybody has mentioned it but syked about the whole draft being Simpsons themed.

Intrigued now to see how stips will be linked. The first one was a doozy.

• Advertisement

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Don't think anybody has mentioned it but syked about the whole draft being Simpsons themed.

Intrigued now to see how stips will be linked. The first one was a doozy.

Next Round Order n Stip will be up shortly

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I have a list of names drawn up but I'm not going near it until my pick is close. With a lot of familiar faces involved this year, I sense the standard of picks is going to be excellent; so I reckon detachment is the best way to avoid heartache. :)

Great stip for Rd 2 Joe. Is the World Champion cant be part of a tag team rule still in effect?

Yes it is, no change there

So to clarify, Round 2 your pick needs to be a tag team champion to be eligible. Tag teams can be picked but no World Champions as per the rules can be part of a tag team.

Argh, missed Flair by one :(

Will get my pick up shortly.

EDIT: Actually, have my pick. Need to clarify a tag pick first though.

Lets reflect on last nights picks shall we,

Campo made it on with 2 minutes to spare and re drafted Roddy Piper. Old Hotrod was on my list if I got a lower draw and he’s always been someone Id love to draft as he is an excellent speaker and someone you would have great fun writing dialogue for. Delighted a Pre 1970 guy was taken also so my double stip wasn’t in vein.

Eddie went soon after and that’s no surprise. Drafted Eddie myself last year but traded him to DM_7 before my write ups began. Eddie is a special talent that everyone loves. Whether its his fun loving face character or his dastardly heel persona, Eddie is a great character to write for an a great in ring talent to have on your PPV.

Ric Flair went next to Spongey and I loved having Ric last year (He was who I traded Eddie for). My fed was built around Flair and his horseman past. While I enjoyed writing my main event feud to no end, I do regret to a degree that I never used him as a heel as Flair is one of the best heels ever. Like Piper, the promos can be epic with Natch on board.

Great Picks. Lord TSC has had his query answered so I would expect him to be posting soon.

I know Xavier Woods might not be the biggest name available, but he's the one on my list I know I'll have the most fun writing.

Honestly, my experiences of a lot of Eastern wrestling is limited; I wouldn't know what type of character or what voices to give to some of the big Asian names, or the super old school wrestlers. With Xavier, I have more confidence in my ability to write something that should entertain.

Now, to hope everyone else is kind to me...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Xavier woods on his own... didn't expect that but interesting, there were some other big name westerners available but im sure youve got something in mind for him to get him so early

Lord TSC has gone against the grain and drafted Xavier Woods. The man clearly is formulating a plan

Woods has never been drafted in the opening round before

His highest drafting has actually in 2009 when he was drafted as part of a tag team in pick 3 of round 6.

He was drafted in the same round last year but pick number 11, as well as round 8 in 2015, round 12 in 2014 and round 9 in 2013.

Xavier's stock has most certainly risen in the past year, given plenty of time on the mic and in the ring on RAW as well as a pretty successful tag title run.

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I know Xavier Woods might not be the biggest name available, but he's the one on my list I know I'll have the most fun writing.

Honestly, my experiences of a lot of Eastern wrestling is limited; I wouldn't know what type of character or what voices to give to some of the big Asian names, or the super old school wrestlers. With Xavier, I have more confidence in my ability to write something that should entertain.

Now, to hope everyone else is kind to me...

You are ahead of me in the next round

Lucky for you :pac:

Advertisement