Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 10th Annual PW Draft 2017 Discussion Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Slammasters2_logo-bwa.png

previous shows: Preview show, Show 1

and now Show 2

As above Show 2 is now up from the BWA. Won't get to read the other 2 new posts from that thread for a little bit but couldn't help see your final BCW image Joe as it was above the top of my post... think if it was just based on images like that nobody else would stand a chance (well bar the lads / lady your helping out). top work dude

oh and that updated list of show links has been edited into this threads OP, good work lads

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

BCW Preview:
    Recapping last year and then inserting Savage into the feud with the Horsemen was very well done. I like how you first wrote off Hero by putting the IC Belt on Savage and then him taking the World Heavyweight Championship from Cesaro was genius. Breaking up the Horsemen by turning Ciampo and Gargano face also makes sense given they're not part of your fed anymore.

I also like how you've booked Miz. Similar to his recent WWE run he would really elevate the title taking over from Savage and you almost have two top tier titles in BCW.

I was wondering how you were going to clear up the women's title situation but having Paige take the mantle initially is clever. Then toss in her real life troubles and having her act out ala Jeff Hardy at Turning Point all those years ago is clever, especially when you toss Asuka in as the new champ with Alundra Blayze looming in the background. Jumping ahead here but I'm looking forward to the title match on the first episode - you always start big (like Elimination Chamber last year) and I expect this will be no different (I'll get to Owens VS Del Rio in a minute).

The Tag Title scene does look a little bare but by deliberately leaving out The Brainbusters you're building to something I've been looking forward to from last year. I remember there was quite a bit of back and forth between the two teams and I expect this could potentially be one of the best feuds of the draft.

Bringing in Monsoon to replace Bischoff is a good move, although I thought Eric suited your roster well last year. I loved the change in Pillman, althoi
    Matt Riddle getting his introduction at the press conference and immediately shouting about a title shot has me wondering where he fits in going forward. Does he try and force his way into the title picture or will he go after your secondary championship? Either way I expect it will be good.

I'm loving how you're booking Owens so far. A fan favorite but not afraid to use anything and everything to win. I'm rooting for him personally in the match with Del Rio (who also looks like he will be a big character) but I wonder will the road to the championship be that straight forward? You have two blockbuster matches for your first show and I'm not sure which I'm looking forward to more.

Paige and Del Rio interrupting the presser and causing a fracas was excellent. You could see that happening in real life (not even kayfabe) and it was well written. Elizabeth falling off the stage at the end was the perfect ending as well.

All in all you've built a really in depth roster with angles and storylines set to intertwine for the entire draft I expect. Your world title scene and IC title scene will certainly collide with Miz, Savage, Owens, Del Rio and maybe even Matt Riddle all in the mix.

Then add in what could be an exciting cruiserweight division (Something tells me you might be heading in that direction) with Neville, ACH, Cedric and the returning Bourne which should be tonnes of fun. As defending champion you've come out swinging and I'm really looking forward to seeing your shows.

Awesome image at the end by the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Necrominus wrote: »
    BCW Preview:
    Recapping last year and then inserting Savage into the feud with the Horsemen was very well done. I like how you first wrote off Hero by putting the IC Belt on Savage and then him taking the World Heavyweight Championship from Cesaro was genius. Breaking up the Horsemen by turning Ciampo and Gargano face also makes sense given they're not part of your fed anymore.

I also like how you've booked Miz. Similar to his recent WWE run he would really elevate the title taking over from Savage and you almost have two top tier titles in BCW.

I was wondering how you were going to clear up the women's title situation but having Paige take the mantle initially is clever. Then toss in her real life troubles and having her act out ala Jeff Hardy at Turning Point all those years ago is clever, especially when you toss Asuka in as the new champ with Alundra Blayze looming in the background. Jumping ahead here but I'm looking forward to the title match on the first episode - you always start big (like Elimination Chamber last year) and I expect this will be no different (I'll get to Owens VS Del Rio in a minute).

The Tag Title scene does look a little bare but by deliberately leaving out The Brainbusters you're building to something I've been looking forward to from last year. I remember there was quite a bit of back and forth between the two teams and I expect this could potentially be one of the best feuds of the draft.

Bringing in Monsoon to replace Bischoff is a good move, although I thought Eric suited your roster well last year. I loved the change in Pillman, althoi
    Matt Riddle getting his introduction at the press conference and immediately shouting about a title shot has me wondering where he fits in going forward. Does he try and force his way into the title picture or will he go after your secondary championship? Either way I expect it will be good.

I'm loving how you're booking Owens so far. A fan favorite but not afraid to use anything and everything to win. I'm rooting for him personally in the match with Del Rio (who also looks like he will be a big character) but I wonder will the road to the championship be that straight forward? You have two blockbuster matches for your first show and I'm not sure which I'm looking forward to more.

Paige and Del Rio interrupting the presser and causing a fracas was excellent. You could see that happening in real life (not even kayfabe) and it was well written. Elizabeth falling off the stage at the end was the perfect ending as well.

All in all you've built a really in depth roster with angles and storylines set to intertwine for the entire draft I expect. Your world title scene and IC title scene will certainly collide with Miz, Savage, Owens, Del Rio and maybe even Matt Riddle all in the mix.

Then add in what could be an exciting cruiserweight division (Something tells me you might be heading in that direction) with Neville, ACH, Cedric and the returning Bourne which should be tonnes of fun. As defending champion you've come out swinging and I'm really looking forward to seeing your shows.

Awesome image at the end by the way.
    Well I really haven't given to much away, and while last year my first show ended with a big match and ending, this year's first show won't be as dramatic, but hopefully it will have an unexpected twist in the end of it. Hope to have show 1 and 2 up soon, have both written but they need work. Cheers for the feedback

BWA RAW:
    Loved that you opened with that gif, I'm mesmerised by it! Really puts over how reviled the NWO are.

Loved the Andre reveal bit - and I gotta say, I did not expect him to join the NWO! Having them take down Batista was clever as he pretty much ran through the entire faction singlehandedly last time so they needed to get some payback. I'm wondering will you go with Andre VS Batista going forward.

Mr. Perfect having another perfect match is a nice idea, interested to see where it goes.

I enjoyed the Eddie Gilbert segment, I wonder will he continue his pursuit of Rousey and get an armbar in the process?

Money Inc as the Tag Champs. Definitely the right call. I just have no clue who will challenge them at Wrestlepalooza - it could be Hansen plus a partner, it could be Triple Threat, The Varsity Club... you have such a diverse tag division I'm excited to see it unfold.

The debut of (I think) Devon Nicholson was well done. You had Abdullah using his typical hardcore style before he gets taken down by seemingly a fan. I enjoyed how you didn't name him yet but put over just how much a threat he is.

Perfect getting into Hall's head was interesting and I like how you referenced the draft in their conversation. It plays into my idea about Perfect but still leaves a little doubt in the mind.

And as I said already, The Varsity Club addressing IRS siding with DiBiase leaves you with a great scope. Triple Threat interrupting and beating them down was well done as was their win over Sabu and The Sheik. As it goes on your tag team division goes from strength to strength.

Nash now talking to Hall? I'm looking forward to what's next.

Yep, boy I did not expect that. Hall beating Hogan and becoming champ? Brilliant. Loved the homage to the fingerpoke but not actually following through. Hall with the low blow beforehand as well puts him in an interesting position - a kind of tweener role that suits his character but I expect the pop he would get when finally winning the world title (especially from a heel Hogan) would more cement him as a big time face.

What happens next? Will Hogan VS Hall headline Wrestlepalooza? Where do Mr Perfect, Nash, Batista and Andre fit into this?
    I'm dying to find out.

Necros is next (felt a preview would fit the time I had better now)

BCW:
    Firstly I love all the little touches in terms of graphics, it all adds to it and makes your show look like the title holder it is. Obviously recapping the past of your promotion helps with that too. In doing so you obviously built Savage up into a big deal (of course he would be anyway) nicely too.

Having the Miz as the "smartest IC champ of all time" just makes so much sense, especially with how he most recent run on Smackdown has gone IRL where I think he won over many people... ha McGarnicle!

With the women again you show you can big up your history without your show looking bad for losing those stars as you make the new roster look good. Don't think they will be easy to book but I look forward to Paige & Del Rio.

Oh will you stop... It's Monsoon, big step up for Gorilla from the BWA announce team with Heenan to running the champs show! and he brings forward Pillman in a suit! i'd say thats a rare picture to find, he (Monsoon - who imo could be great in a Jack Tunney role but who knows the lad can wrestle too!) also announces a big match for your first show with the womens title on the line.

I honestly haven't seen much of Riddle but I am very interested in what you might do with him. Savage is always a fun promo and like with your womens match the no.1 contenders match for his title is a big way to start your shows and yep there is Del Rio & paige and yup they are a fun read.

Gotta say I love all the couples too not jsut ADR/Paige (kicking it Tony Montana style), but Miz/Maryse & in particular Randy/Liz cos everyone knows how mad and or paranoid Randy has been over Liz in the past and how the press conference ended would def play into that.

Good start from BCW and thats just the preview, the champ has come out swinging.

• Advertisement

BWA RAW:
    Loved that you opened with that gif, I'm mesmerised by it! Really puts over how reviled the NWO are.

Loved the Andre reveal bit - and I gotta say, I did not expect him to join the NWO! Having them take down Batista was clever as he pretty much ran through the entire faction singlehandedly last time so they needed to get some payback. I'm wondering will you go with Andre VS Batista going forward.

Mr. Perfect having another perfect match is a nice idea, interested to see where it goes.

I enjoyed the Eddie Gilbert segment, I wonder will he continue his pursuit of Rousey and get an armbar in the process?

Money Inc as the Tag Champs. Definitely the right call. I just have no clue who will challenge them at Wrestlepalooza - it could be Hansen plus a partner, it could be Triple Threat, The Varsity Club... you have such a diverse tag division I'm excited to see it unfold.

The debut of (I think) Devon Nicholson was well done. You had Abdullah using his typical hardcore style before he gets taken down by seemingly a fan. I enjoyed how you didn't name him yet but put over just how much a threat he is.

Perfect getting into Hall's head was interesting and I like how you referenced the draft in their conversation. It plays into my idea about Perfect but still leaves a little doubt in the mind.

And as I said already, The Varsity Club addressing IRS siding with DiBiase leaves you with a great scope. Triple Threat interrupting and beating them down was well done as was their win over Sabu and The Sheik. As it goes on your tag team division goes from strength to strength.

Nash now talking to Hall? I'm looking forward to what's next.

Yep, boy I did not expect that. Hall beating Hogan and becoming champ? Brilliant. Loved the homage to the fingerpoke but not actually following through. Hall with the low blow beforehand as well puts him in an interesting position - a kind of tweener role that suits his character but I expect the pop he would get when finally winning the world title (especially from a heel Hogan) would more cement him as a big time face.

What happens next? Will Hogan VS Hall headline Wrestlepalooza? Where do Mr Perfect, Nash, Batista and Andre fit into this?
    I'm dying to find out.

Cheers. Really appreciate any and all feedback.

I kinda wanted to make each show an interesting read and not just have in show 1 here is the card for the PPV already in place. Obviously building to a PPV in real life you would want to have the show built well in advance but i'd rather tell the best story I can while mixing the feuds and characters first so not everything will be 100% clear until closer to say the 3rd or 4th show. That said the main event will probably be clear a little sooner than some other matches because it does have to be the focal point.

Your last point was almost an issue in my mind at first as it seems odd to leave some names out of the main event / title scene but I guess they will get their chance down the line while hopefully I will be able to build feuds for them for this PPV which are big enough to make the undercard seem blockbuster given their huge name value.

there think I responded to the main things vaguely enough that I both didn't have to spoiler my response, that it'd make sense to you and that I wouldn't give away much about future plans :D

ahh screw it
    I'd say even with the low blow Hall would be super over with the fans and be a face in their eyes because Hogan is just such a hated Cnut but yeah he can still play the Tweener role that suits him well. I always like the idea of elevating someone with your main event in much the same way Joe did with Cesaro last yeah and well even Hogan referred to Hall as the greatest wrestler never to be a world champion so he deserves it plus bringing up a guy like him means the rest of the card can benefit from having main event name guys like say Andre outside of the the actual main event / title match.

Edit: just read your spoilered bit about Joes write up and Holy crap how could I forget that I
    had the Brainbusters calling out the BCW champs on my show last year! awesome potential there

Necros is next (felt a preview would fit the time I had better now)

BCW:
    Firstly I love all the little touches in terms of graphics, it all adds to it and makes your show look like the title holder it is. Obviously recapping the past of your promotion helps with that too. In doing so you obviously built Savage up into a big deal (of course he would be anyway) nicely too.

Having the Miz as the "smartest IC champ of all time" just makes so much sense, especially with how he most recent run on Smackdown has gone IRL where I think he won over many people... ha McGarnicle!

With the women again you show you can big up your history without your show looking bad for losing those stars as you make the new roster look good. Don't think they will be easy to book but I look forward to Paige & Del Rio.

Oh will you stop... It's Monsoon, big step up for Gorilla from the BWA announce team with Heenan to running the champs show! and he brings forward Pillman in a suit! i'd say thats a rare picture to find, he (Monsoon - who imo could be great in a Jack Tunney role but who knows the lad can wrestle too!) also announces a big match for your first show with the womens title on the line.

I honestly haven't seen much of Riddle but I am very interested in what you might do with him. Savage is always a fun promo and like with your womens match the no.1 contenders match for his title is a big way to start your shows and yep there is Del Rio & paige and yup they are a fun read.

Gotta say I love all the couples too not jsut ADR/Paige (kicking it Tony Montana style), but Miz/Maryse & in particular Randy/Liz cos everyone knows how mad and or paranoid Randy has been over Liz in the past and how the press conference ended would def play into that.

Good start from BCW and thats just the preview, the champ has come out swinging.
    I hope its not to obvious the route Im going down, but I say all my feuds should be in place by show 2

The Pillman pic in a suit was so easy to find, but i wanted a better one where he looked a little more dapper. Alas I only found this one and wrote around it.

Im having trouble with Paige and Del Rio. While I want them off the rails I too want them to compete and look like serious athletes. Its tough.

Thanks for the feedback

Cheers. Really appreciate any and all feedback.

I kinda wanted to make each show an interesting read and not just have in show 1 here is the card for the PPV already in place. Obviously building to a PPV in real life you would want to have the show built well in advance but i'd rather tell the best story I can while mixing the feuds and characters first so not everything will be 100% clear until closer to say the 3rd or 4th show. That said the main event will probably be clear a little sooner than some other matches because it does have to be the focal point.

Your last point was almost an issue in my mind at first as it seems odd to leave some names out of the main event / title scene but I guess they will get their chance down the line while hopefully I will be able to build feuds for them for this PPV which are big enough to make the undercard seem blockbuster given their huge name value.

there think I responded to the main things vaguely enough that I both didn't have to spoiler my response, that it'd make sense to you and that I wouldn't give away much about future plans :D

ahh screw it
    I'd say even with the low blow Hall would be super over with the fans and be a face in their eyes because Hogan is just such a hated Cnut but yeah he can still play the Tweener role that suits him well. I always like the idea of elevating someone with your main event in much the same way Joe did with Cesaro last yeah and well even Hogan referred to Hall as the greatest wrestler never to be a world champion so he deserves it plus bringing up a guy like him means the rest of the card can benefit from having main event name guys like say Andre outside of the the actual main event / title match.

I think it's a good thing, sorry if I haven't mentioned it! I was also having an issue with
    leaving Joe and Vader out of the main event as that really is a mega match but I think I've countered it well by building my actual main event with the characters involved.

I love the surprise element of your fed at the moment, really keeping me guessing as to how Wrestlepalooza will shape up. It makes you stand out a bit more as
    like Joe, I've gone for a semi-linear type of set up that has most of my matches determined by show 2/3.

Feedback ahoy :

Necro Agont PPV :
    Firstly, it doesn’t read as long as it looks, very easy to read through and I enjoy reading the commentary dialogue, it flows very nicely as I read, so right off the bat that’s I’m enjoying the read. Edges encounter with Hussan (Hussien, whatever) was great, and it got Edge over with me as a face after his verbal battle with the top heel. Again the lines of dialogue were easy to imagine each guy saying it, so great start so far. Bayleys interaction on the cutting edge with Moolah was great, esp how you’ve written Moolahs character. Already I’ve gotten the elitist vibe from her and you’ve given her a great condescending tone to her words too. Great segment and the beatdown with Edge and the ND made sense after Edges banter with their boss.

Joe looked impressive, as he should be and Monty Brown taking out Tarver made sense and makes Brown look loyal to his faction and impressive. I wonder who took out Graham, was it Patterson himself? The NDs looks strong in their win, and we have no more Co-Bro. Graham looked great in defeat and Hussan looked like a dirty heel, in a very well written match. Singh is getting great use and I have a feeling Disco might get involved with him down the line.

The Stephaine / Backlund/ Trump segment was great and both Bob and Steph are written excellently and bounce off each other very well. Hussan entering was great, though its hard not to root for someone trying to beat up Trump. Trump is nearly written as if he is the president from Independence day and I didn’t see the low blow from Steph coming. A camel clutch to Trump would be some visual indeed. Edge saving the day was logical and it has me anticipating the next instalment (which I will now read) Great stuff with Agony so far, really enjoyable and I can easily say you’re a front runner already for your first draft victory. Ive my work cut out

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Feedback ahoy :

Necro Agont PPV :
    Firstly, it doesn’t read as long as it looks, very easy to read through and I enjoy reading the commentary dialogue, it flows very nicely as I read, so right off the bat that’s I’m enjoying the read. Edges encounter with Hussan (Hussien, whatever) was great, and it got Edge over with me as a face after his verbal battle with the top heel. Again the lines of dialogue were easy to imagine each guy saying it, so great start so far. Bayleys interaction on the cutting edge with Moolah was great, esp how you’ve written Moolahs character. Already I’ve gotten the elitist vibe from her and you’ve given her a great condescending tone to her words too. Great segment and the beatdown with Edge and the ND made sense after Edges banter with their boss.

Joe looked impressive, as he should be and Monty Brown taking out Tarver made sense and makes Brown look loyal to his faction and impressive. I wonder who took out Graham, was it Patterson himself? The NDs looks strong in their win, and we have no more Co-Bro. Graham looked great in defeat and Hussan looked like a dirty heel, in a very well written match. Singh is getting great use and I have a feeling Disco might get involved with him down the line.

The Stephaine / Backlund/ Trump segment was great and both Bob and Steph are written excellently and bounce off each other very well. Hussan entering was great, though its hard not to root for someone trying to beat up Trump. Trump is nearly written as if he is the president from Independence day and I didn’t see the low blow from Steph coming. A camel clutch to Trump would be some visual indeed. Edge saving the day was logical and it has me anticipating the next instalment (which I will now read) Great stuff with Agony so far, really enjoyable and I can easily say you’re a front runner already for your first draft victory. Ive my work cut out
    Much as you've said you're having a few problems with Paige & Del Rio, I had horrible issues trying to get Trump across as a face - for obvious reasons. I was going to book him as a full blown heel initially but it would have required an entire rewrite which I just didn't have the appetite for.
    Booking the PPV where he had big support in the election was my attempt to combat that.

Glad to hear you're enjoying it and I won't spoil anything about your predictions... just yet.

Cheers for the feedback, much appreciated.

• Advertisement

Much as you've said you're having a few problems with Paige & Del Rio, I had horrible issues trying to get Trump across as a face - for obvious reasons. I was going to book him as a full blown heel initially but it would have required an entire rewrite which I just didn't have the appetite for.
    Booking the PPV where he had big support in the election was my attempt to combat that.

Glad to hear you're enjoying it and I won't spoil anything about your predictions... just yet.

Cheers for the feedback, much appreciated.

I thought as much when I read it was in Omaha...I was like, why there? Nicely done. :)

More feedback : Campo show 3 :
    I like the TV championship introduction and I loved how Piper took advantage of the rule. Classic Piper. A 24/7 rule with Piper as Champ can be brilliant. Henry vs Strowman would be some visual in a steel cage.

I dint see Bo Dallas winning Lethal, but Jay did have the injury so he wont be hurt by it too much. I wonder where you are going with Bo. Nice way of introducing the Midnights esp with their past with Corny. Sid looked impressive and he will need to when facing Bray next. Nice promo by Bray too.

I loved the swerve with the LOD, I was like “did he draft them,?” great use of the LOD light. Interesting to see Corny get involved too. I love Lashleys deluded heel promo, and the Nation v Wyatt feud moves along nicely as a result. Godfather being snatched leads me to think my initial thoughts on his other personas my come true, lovely stuff. Good job Campo, you’ve really come back this year with a bang

More feedback

BWA show 1 : :
    I enjoyed The Hogan entrance, nice touch with the patriotic swerve alright. Right off the bat we have douche bag Hogan, Hall and Nash, a truly great team to write for I imagine and giving Hogan creative control is an interesting development Im curious to see how that plays out. Perfect being made look well bodes well for him and I loved the touch of the actual advert gif. Great way to introduce Toyota (Im assuming shes a heel yeah?) and herself and Rounda make a hard hitting match up surely. Not mad on intergender matches myself, but Toyota looked strong as a result beating a male I guess (even if he was a jobber)

Big Dave being singed before DiBiase swooped in is an interesting take and a great angle to introduce Batista. I like the intro for Sullivan and Hansen too, very well done and easy to imagine. Loved the Kay Fabian name and Aja is booked as she should be, strong. How ill she fit into BWA this year? Im enjoying the NOW story so far, a lot of intertwinded friendships around, esp with Hall and Hennig.

Nice way to put over Batista in the final segment, he’s made look impressive and its clearly NOW vs everyone else. I now look forward to your next show, as this was a great way to introduce the new additions and sets things up nicely for the next show. Very enjoyable and you, as always, will be up there in the end no doubt come voting time.

ABMG / MWA :
    Great preview post, Ive only just noticed that I have two of your ex stars in Pillman and Miz. Great way to write in Lesnar and write out your previous stars. Lesnar and Shane’s story is littered with reality, which makes it easier to imagine the story, esp Lesnars not being around enough angle. I look forward to the meeting of Lesnar and Shane, and what Shane has to say in his interview.

With Miz gone, Sandow looks strong as a result and he can be an ace card to have as you already know from last year. Making Sandow a heel is a genius move and one which is easy to believe too. Great way to bring back the former Sin Cara and very clever writing in his history from MNG 2 years back too, it’s a readymade back story so great stuff there.

Oh and I see it’s the McMahon Interview now … lovely. Great way to introduce Tanahashi as a big name signing, as well as making Brock v Iishi, a dream match indeed. Also the end was a great way also to bring in Mankind. Shane v Mick Foley/Mankind is a great dream match, the battle of the big cell bumps if you will. I wonder do you have any big bumps planned for either?

Great preview post, and I look forward to more

More feedback

BWA show 1 : :
    I enjoyed The Hogan entrance, nice touch with the patriotic swerve alright. Right off the bat we have douche bag Hogan, Hall and Nash, a truly great team to write for I imagine and giving Hogan creative control is an interesting development Im curious to see how that plays out. Perfect being made look well bodes well for him and I loved the touch of the actual advert gif. Great way to introduce Toyota (Im assuming shes a heel yeah?) and herself and Rounda make a hard hitting match up surely. Not mad on intergender matches myself, but Toyota looked strong as a result beating a male I guess (even if he was a jobber)

Big Dave being singed before DiBiase swooped in is an interesting take and a great angle to introduce Batista. I like the intro for Sullivan and Hansen too, very well done and easy to imagine. Loved the Kay Fabian name and Aja is booked as she should be, strong. How ill she fit into BWA this year? Im enjoying the NOW story so far, a lot of intertwinded friendships around, esp with Hall and Hennig.

Nice way to put over Batista in the final segment, he’s made look impressive and its clearly NOW vs everyone else. I now look forward to your next show, as this was a great way to introduce the new additions and sets things up nicely for the next show. Very enjoyable and you, as always, will be up there in the end no doubt come voting time.

appreciate it man and yeah
    this was kinda an introductionary episode but lots of important things were put in to set up later plot lines as some feuds will be slow burners before being set up for my PPV and as you say intertwine with others. The fact that there are so many mixed friendships was kinnda important for my drafting and subsequent writing. I mean I took Dan Spivey & IRS together and between them they have teamed with half my roster.

Spivey: member of The Varsity Club, teamed with Mike Rotunda aka IRS (The U.S Express), teamed with Stan Hansen(all Japan Tag champs), teamed with Scott Hall (American Starship)

IRS: Member of The Varsity Club but also teamed with Dr Death in All Japan, member of the NWO & Million Dollar Corp, made up Money Inc with Dibiase & The U.S express with Spivey,

could be more if I looked into it more but hell thats just 2 guys.

With regards Toyota, I'm not sure if she will be a heel, more a tweener I guess, bad ass type. Wouldn't be a big fan of Intergender stuff myself either but it's Horace Hogan and as much as I am going to make use of him I don't think anyone will mind if he isn't protected on my roster and I instead put over someone like her.

Have a wife and child free day so will probably post my 4th show and maybe my preview show as well. Will then put PPV (will be a 2 parter) up Monday or Tuesday

4th show up and ready for viewing. Thanks again to Cheese for giving me permission to use one of the images contained within.

Have my PPV Preview up now so just a quick update on this list:

Campo (CWA):

Show 1: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=102389171&postcount=2

Show 2: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=102481409&postcount=3

Show 3: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=102565998&postcount=10

Bounty Hunter (BWA):

Preview: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=102492641&postcount=4

Show 1: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=102588904&postcount=11

Show 2: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=102678248&postcount=17

Necrominus (NCW):

Preview: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=102494076&postcount=5

Show 1 - Part 1: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=102534615&postcount=8

Show 1 - Part 2: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=102534649&postcount=9

Show 2: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=102607463&postcount=13

Show 3: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=102677027&postcount=15

Show 4: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=102701047&postcount=18

PPV Preview Show: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=102701521&postcount=19

Daithi1989 (DPW):

Show 1: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=102498598&postcount=6

LeeJM (AEPW):

Preview: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=102510633&postcount=7

A Brad Maddox Guy (MWA):

Preview: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=102601503&postcount=12

Paulie21 (PCW):

Show 1: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=102656146&postcount=14

Beakerjoe (BCW)

Preview: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=102677176&postcount=16

Show 1: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=102708609&postcount=20

Necro motoring away.... Hes pushing Campo in the race to finish first

Necro motoring away.... Hes pushing Campo in the race to finish first

I actually have the PPV written and completed but I'm holding off for a few days to make sure I don't change my mind about anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Right have all my plans set out sorry about delay but I'm going to start writing tomorow :D

First show is up

Monday Night Chaos Show 1

Feedback is always welcome

BCW (Show 1):
    Firstly, again kudos on the graphics - it really gives off a premier fed vibe and looks awesome.

I'm enjoying the 3 man commentary team (for now I presume). Bourne and Graves interactions in particular are well written and Cole does his stuff with the play by play. I also enjoy how Graves has to tell Cole about anyone who is not WWE alumni, it's a nice touch.

The opening promo by Monsoon was concise and to the point. He has big shoes to fill following Bischoff (as he said) and you can tell he's trying his damnedest to live up to that.

I liked the first match, also the fact that while Cedric and ACH did put up a fight they were no match for the efficient DIY unit. Graves putting over the lack of competition was clever before the sneak attack by The Brainbusters... sorry, Original Horsemen. It's an organic feud that grew from last year and I'm loving it already.

The craziness of Alberto and Paige nicely captured in their entrance. I'm not sure where you're going with it or where it will eventually slot into the roster match-wise (I'm, obviously expecting an Owens win later in the night) but it's sure to be fun to watch it unfold.

I like that you kept Neville's current character for your shows. I'm really liking the change in real life too. Interesting that Bourne eluded to muscle enhancers on a number of occasions, I'm interested to see where that goes.

The Miz and Monsoon segment was really well written. Both characters captured well, with Miz expecting an automatic World Title shot and Monsoon using the 30 day rule to get him to toe the line. The interview with Pillman would be must see TV.

Matt Riddle with a dominating debut was a good call. Again, Riddle is one I'm not sure where he slots in but you're building him as a top draw so I'm dying to find out. Interesting that Graves was running him down initially but I'm putting that down to him playing the heel commentator...I think.

More Paigeberto... AlbertPaige.... I give up:P:P Again you're doing a great job of capturing their current real life insanity.

And the triple threat becomes a one on one. After the interview I was half expecting it but with a drunken interruption midway through the match. I actually forgot you had drafted Bull Nakano and Dump so their after match interruption was a genuine surprise to me. Well written and the seemingly invincible Asuka taken out. The match with Blayze was very good, I like how you still booked her strong and the show of respect afterwards was a nice touch.

I'm going to jump straight in with the Pillman/Miz segment - that was awesome. I was wondering how long it would take for the Loose Cannon to emerge and you really captured the insanity. It would seem Pillman and Miz are on a collision course that I don't think Miz is ready for - but it should be one heck of an interesting few shows. Monsoon again feeling the pressure as he put a lot on the line to sign Pillman but I don't think this ends with Brian getting fired.

And now to the main event. Excellently written contest, with Del Rio looking like a star even in defeat. You said you were going to show WWE how to book Owens and so far you haven't disappointed, I'm glad I made the trade now as I think you're already doing him better justice than I would have.

But that's not it!! Savage retires??? Now that is a brave call. The goodbye speech was well written and captured the emotion of the situation perfectly. You can completely understand Randy's reasonings for giving it all up. And next week he hands the title to Owens.... something tells me that doesn't go so smoothly. This works so well as I know what I'm expecting, but also opens the door for a number of opponents for Owens at your main PPV - Pillman, Miz, Riddle, even a rematch with Del Rio.

Great (official) start to your defense and I'm really looking forward to the next installment.

BCW (Show 1):
    Firstly, again kudos on the graphics - it really gives off a premier fed vibe and looks awesome.

I'm enjoying the 3 man commentary team (for now I presume). Bourne and Graves interactions in particular are well written and Cole does his stuff with the play by play. I also enjoy how Graves has to tell Cole about anyone who is not WWE alumni, it's a nice touch.

The opening promo by Monsoon was concise and to the point. He has big shoes to fill following Bischoff (as he said) and you can tell he's trying his damnedest to live up to that.

I liked the first match, also the fact that while Cedric and ACH did put up a fight they were no match for the efficient DIY unit. Graves putting over the lack of competition was clever before the sneak attack by The Brainbusters... sorry, Original Horsemen. It's an organic feud that grew from last year and I'm loving it already.

The craziness of Alberto and Paige nicely captured in their entrance. I'm not sure where you're going with it or where it will eventually slot into the roster match-wise (I'm, obviously expecting an Owens win later in the night) but it's sure to be fun to watch it unfold.

I like that you kept Neville's current character for your shows. I'm really liking the change in real life too. Interesting that Bourne eluded to muscle enhancers on a number of occasions, I'm interested to see where that goes.

The Miz and Monsoon segment was really well written. Both characters captured well, with Miz expecting an automatic World Title shot and Monsoon using the 30 day rule to get him to toe the line. The interview with Pillman would be must see TV.

Matt Riddle with a dominating debut was a good call. Again, Riddle is one I'm not sure where he slots in but you're building him as a top draw so I'm dying to find out. Interesting that Graves was running him down initially but I'm putting that down to him playing the heel commentator...I think.

More Paigeberto... AlbertPaige.... I give up:P:P Again you're doing a great job of capturing their current real life insanity.

And the triple threat becomes a one on one. After the interview I was half expecting it but with a drunken interruption midway through the match. I actually forgot you had drafted Bull Nakano and Dump so their after match interruption was a genuine surprise to me. Well written and the seemingly invincible Asuka taken out. The match with Blayze was very good, I like how you still booked her strong and the show of respect afterwards was a nice touch.

I'm going to jump straight in with the Pillman/Miz segment - that was awesome. I was wondering how long it would take for the Loose Cannon to emerge and you really captured the insanity. It would seem Pillman and Miz are on a collision course that I don't think Miz is ready for - but it should be one heck of an interesting few shows. Monsoon again feeling the pressure as he put a lot on the line to sign Pillman but I don't think this ends with Brian getting fired.

And now to the main event. Excellently written contest, with Del Rio looking like a star even in defeat. You said you were going to show WWE how to book Owens and so far you haven't disappointed, I'm glad I made the trade now as I think you're already doing him better justice than I would have.

But that's not it!! Savage retires??? Now that is a brave call. The goodbye speech was well written and captured the emotion of the situation perfectly. You can completely understand Randy's reasonings for giving it all up. And next week he hands the title to Owens.... something tells me that doesn't go so smoothly. This works so well as I know what I'm expecting, but also opens the door for a number of opponents for Owens at your main PPV - Pillman, Miz, Riddle, even a rematch with Del Rio.

Great (official) start to your defense and I'm really looking forward to the next installment.

I never liked the Brain Busters name, so Ive gone with the Original Horsemen to not only sound better, but to follow on from last years Horsemen angle and smack talk between myself and BWA.

Graves putting Riddle down was just a heel announcer thing, nothing more into that.

One thing I like about my main event players, is that I've so many options about who can main event, I dont think its as obvious in terms of which way it will go, so i'm pleased with that.

I toyed with that idea of a Paige run in, but I decided against it. I find it hard finding the balance between making her appear off the rails yet able to compete and be a threat come the PPV.

While i found it difficult with Paige, I love writing for Pillman. I really want to capture his loose cannon persona while avoiding him being wacky like Dean Ambrose's current character.

Savage's segment was cut down a lot, and I even feel it's still long, but I couldn't cut it more.

Glad you enjoyed it and thanks for the feedback. I hope you enjoy show 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Have my Preview show up , Show 1 will be up Sunday :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Been having laptop issues of late. Whenever I remove my charger my laptop knocks itself off. From what I gather after researching the issue it seems that usually indicates the battery is fecked.

I hope to get my write-ups in but worst case scenario I may have to resort to just sticking up a card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Been having laptop issues of late. Whenever I remove my charger my laptop knocks itself off. From what I gather after researching the issue it seems that usually indicates the battery is fecked.

I hope to get my write-ups in but worst case scenario I may have to resort to just sticking up a card.

My laptop has been like that for over a year! Its an absolute pain in the hole

Say it ain't so! Was really looking forward to see what you had planned!!

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

Things should settle down for me after the wkend again, so all things being equal, hopefully will get back on track wit this!
    As a newbie, dont want to have taken up a spot and not use it! Especially considering I actually have plans, just not the time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

In a bit of a rush today, so only got to put up the introduction to my Preview/Episode 1. I wanted to put up the whole thing, but I have this affliction whereby I absolutely cannot condense my writing. Everything I write feels like an odyssey. At the same time though, I didn't want to leave it another day without submitting anything at least, so at least now it feels like I have a starting point to work from.

Hopefully I'll get more stuff up during the weekend (including an actual ending to the first episode).

Advertisement