Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 10th Annual PW Draft 2017 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

All's good here. Have been eagerly awaiting a few to post shows but yeah, it's been dead here last week or so. I suppose the fact I got done so early doesn't help, I was beginning to have draft withdrawals!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Ill give you something to read in the next day or so. Hoping to post my third show tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Will definitely get something done just have been busy as **** the last few weeks don't worry it's coming i know where I'm going with my fed it's just a case of squaring away an evening to get it done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

I have half of a show written but have been dying since Friday evening because of first a vomiting bug and now with a bad cold which just leaves me drained by the time I am finished work. Have an OTT show to watch tonight and then am away all weekend but hoping Ill get to finish my show and post it by early next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

Planning on getting another show up over the wkend.

Things havent settled down as much as I has expected in my job! I do intend to get things done ans dusted though! Dont want to have wasted the opportunity and have had fun thinking up storylines! Just need to get them down on paper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

My technical issues have been a pain in the backside lately. I haven't been able to use Boards too much the past while. I will try and get some shows in next week but it might be pretty basic stuff, i.e. few pics, quite short write-ups. I'll see how it goes. Sorry I haven't been able to give much feedback. I will try and get more in before the deadline.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I've been finding it difficult to sit down and write this year, I have most of my ideas written down but sorting them into readable shows is another matter. I've never been great at describing matches either so knowing two parts of my opening show are heavily dependent on this being done well is holding me back. The hope is once I get started I'll just keep going.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I'm in the same boat, I keep forgetting how bust this time of year gets in work. At this rate I might be just posting a PPV and a quick guide to the lead up to it.

Would draftees like a week extension to help?

Got working on my 3rd show today, about half way through. Really enjoying my Pillman Miz feud.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I'm only hitting the laptop for the first time this week. I've been flat out in work.

Will have my preview and first show up this weekend. Given that it's Paddy's next week will be go for the rest within the fortnight. I have all my shows worked out just the writing to be done.

Haven't had a chance to check out any of the shows yet but will get them when they're all assembled.

• Advertisement

Show 2 is up now. Took me all evening!!

Had it all done and edited, and noticed, I left a whole division out of my show! Its midnight though, so they'll make do until my next show!!

Any feedback is welcomed!

I have my PPV Card written down on paper, so now need to get there and get that show produced too. Here's hoping I find time!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Finally got my next show up. Ideally I would like another one show to build some feuds up that haven't had as much focus as others but If I continue to struggle for time to write that could maybe be my pre PPV show.

Preview show, Show 1, Show 2, Show 3... New BWA Raw show 4

I have to catch up on other shows too. Was actually hard enough to post that without accidentally spoilering some shows for myself that I hadn't gotten the chance to read yet.

DPW (Episode 3):
    I really enjoyed the first match. Your match writing is great and really captured the action nicely. I'm loving your Anoa'i family faction and their dominance so far.

I'm already liking your PPV card - and Destiny Day is a cool name for your PPV. The mystery opponents for the Tag Champs throws things up into the air a bit so I'm interested to see can they retain.

So Titus and Nathan Jones? Interesting. Not what I expected but should be a fun contest. Given your title matches have kept me guessing so far I wouldn't be surprised to see a switch.

I was wondering how Daithi was going to address the Orton situation and keeping the Legend Killer persona going is a good idea. Still not sure how he fits into your main PPV but that's a good thing.

Luke Harper taken out before his big match?? Again, a nice curveball. I wonder who the challenger will be now? I know who I'm expecting but given your penchant for swerves it could be anyone.

Rikishi goes over strong against Juventud. I actually thought he might aim higher given how well you've booked him but Booker and Rikishi will be a good match seeing as that's the way it seems you're going.

Yep, figured it would be Goldberg. Good call putting him over strong as your new Champion. Thing is now, who faces him at Destiny Day? Will it be a Khali rematch? Orton? Will Luke Harper get his shot? All 3 would be viable options. Looking forward to seeing how it pans out.

Overall your shows are getting consistently stronger as they move toward the end game. Even without the use of pics or anything this is one of my favorite reads so far. You've built a credible character for Hornswoggle as GM and that deserves credit, but Orton and the Anoa'i family are your showstealers so far.

Hope to get to BH's latest show this evening/tomorrow morning.

Cheers for the feedback!

Tbh, wasnt sure if it would come across they way I had planned, so its nice to hear you are enjoying the read. Here's hoping I can keep it up!

My 3rd show is up..... should be on course to finished show 4 plus PPV by the deadline

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

I don't have writer's block per se, but I know that when I'm writing I just won't be able to condense stuff. So, in my head I just see a mountain of writing to be done (like college times :P )

I will get stuff done, but because of other events coming up in the next few weeks, an extension would be most welcome.

+1 for the extension please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I got most of my first show done tonight, wasn't expecting to get a whole lot tbh. Just a few matches to write so hopefully have a show up tomorrow. What's the current deadline?

Even though I've been finished a few weeks, I have no issue with an extension being given. I just want to see as many people as possible post shows/main cards!!

I am half way through my 4th show. My trouble is that I wanna have a lot of promo's and have very few matches planned for my final go home show.

Extension wise, I will extend the deadline to the morning of the Monday after Wrestlemania (an extension of 8 Days on the original deadline. Like Necro, I wanna see as many get work up as possible. So hopefully more people will have more time to finish.

Good luck everybody

• Advertisement

Show 3 of DPW is up now. Things starting to take shape now. Just hope I've left myself enough time to get things finished!

Hope to get show 4 up before or during next weekend. Not sure when I'll get the PPV Show done though, as I'm travelling to Orlando in 10 days time for WM. It might be a case of typing things up on the flight over. Or simply listing the results I have planned. I hope I get time though, as it would be a little disappointing not to complete it after coming this far.

Again, to repeat something I have said previously said, I am really enjoying this and glad to have been given the opportunity to take part.

Great to see more shows popping up. really pleased to see MNG get his first TV show up as he is a joy to read and also happy to see our only new guy Daithi plow along to his next show. Great stuff

Hope to have my final TV show up shortly and having my PPV finalized.

My Monday evening has freed up, so I plan to get Show 4 started, and maybe even finished today! Should then get the PPV up before travelling then!

daithi1989 wrote: »
    My Monday evening has freed up, so I plan to get Show 4 started, and maybe even finished today! Should then get the PPV up before travelling then!

Final show before PPV is now up!
    Think I may have made Harper's attacker a little obvious in show 3, but hope not

Plan to get the PPV done up over the weekend.

My apologies for not getting up to date with the reviews of shows recently. Been a bit hectic at home of late.

That along with preparing for an interview today means i haven't been able to get the time of late. Will try to get all reviewed before the deadline next week though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Good luck on your Interview man. I hope to have my last show up in the next day or so and then I can try and get a PPV out

Necrominus wrote: »
    My apologies for not getting up to date with the reviews of shows recently. Been a bit hectic at home of late.

That along with preparing for an interview today means i haven't been able to get the time of late. Will try to get all reviewed before the deadline next week though.

Good luck Necro. Just did one 2 weeks ago (it was competency based) and it is tough but once your prepared you'll be fine.

I too am putting the final touches on my show 4

beakerjoe wrote:
    Good luck Necro. Just did one 2 weeks ago (it was competency based) and it is tough but once your prepared you'll be fine.

Yep exact same type interview for me. Just out now and on train home. Felt like the Spanish inquisition in there but think i did ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Necrominus wrote: »

Good Luck ;)

+ 1 for extension too please Joe

Advertisement