Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 10th Annual PW Draft 2017 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

DM_7 wrote: »
    You are ahead of me in the next round

Lucky for you :pac:

don't you dare be sour...

feels odd at this point as my next pick and with it probably the main idea behind my storylines could go so many ways depending on who others pick. Have no idea what i'll be booking vs Hogan if im totally honest

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

With 5 picks to go this round, I've a list of 12 guys that I expect to be taken, and Im hoping one of the lesser names on that list slips through. I think I may get him if he slips through considering the talent on offer next round, but as Lord TSC has proved, never count your chickens in this game as someone always throws a curve-ball you weren't expecting.

don't you dare be sour...

feels odd at this point as my next pick and with it probably the main idea behind my storylines could go so many ways depending on who others pick. Have no idea what i'll be booking vs Hogan if im totally honest

Im the same, I've about 7/8 guys in my head to feud with Savage, in a number of potential ways. Its really down to who is left round my pick.

Im already not considering a number of top names next round as I fully expect them to be gone before me but that being said you never ever know. There are 2 names I thought would have been picked this round that remain undrafted.

Just to make sure in rd2 is the pre 70s rule back in effect?

and yeah despite the TSC curveball I'm more eliminating who im sure will be gone first although it could be interesting who survives this round still.

Just to make sure in rd2 is the pre 70s rule back in effect?

It is not sadly, that was a stip for round 1 only.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I'm the same as all above. Have a number of options for my top feud but one that stands out to me. Have no major plans in place yet as a result and probably won't have until after round five or so

Also guys, Don't forget to Private message the guy behind you in the round order after you make your pick. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

I have a list of 13 of the non obvious tag teams. Im confident that I will have a choice of at least 3 of them. The World Champion rule does eliminate a LOT of tag teams though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

LeeJM wrote: »
    I have a list of 13 of the non obvious tag teams. Im confident that I will have a choice of at least 3 of them. The World Champion rule does eliminate a LOT of tag teams though.

You don't have to pick a tag team, just someone who was a tag champ, so you could pick a Stone Cold on his own.

Now you dont need to draft a tag team, I hope thats clear. Your pick just has to have been a tag champion at some point.

• Advertisement

Ah that changes things completely!!! Apologies I obviously misread the stip.

The bit that makes it interesting is it's WWE/F tag champions, so no WCW/NJPW etc guys who didn't have a mid card run in the fed make the call leaving some big rd3 names

I wanted to restrict the picks a bit but not as much as last years round 2 (the RIP round). Round 3 will have a few big names for sure but not as much as last year. Hopefully everyone can have there main events sorted by the end of R2 or at least 2 main event caliber names.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

The bit that makes it interesting is it's WWE/F tag champions, so no WCW/NJPW etc guys who didn't have a mid card run in the fed make the call leaving some big rd3 names

Yeah, for example from round 1, Finn, AJ, Nakamura, Randy Savage and Brock would not be eligible if the stip was used in round 1 next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Imnotthehulk

Have an idea for the type of wrestler I want in the 2nd round ... but I don't think the first few names that came to mind will be available to me. Very much liking the two stips so far, I think they're limiting, but in a good way!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Sorry for the wait fellas was at Work will get my pick up in a few

Pick Made and PM sent ;)

Owen Hart was on my list for the next round. Not my first choice but he's a great pick none the less. Had him a few years ago and he is a fantastic under rated talent.

At pick number 16 of the first round, this is The Rockets 2nd highest placing in the draft. He landed pick number 9 in the first round in 2013 under the non american stip.

He landed at Round 3 in 2014 and 2015 (when I drafted him), round 2 in 2009 and last year in 2016.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Owen Hart was on my list for the next round. Not my first choice but he's a great pick none the less. Had him a few years ago and he is a fantastic under rated talent.

At pick number 16 of the first round, this is The Rockets 2nd highest placing in the draft. He landed pick number 9 in the first round in 2013 under the non american stip.

He landed at Round 3 in 2014 and 2015 (when I drafted him), round 2 in 2009 and last year in 2016.

Would have been my first choice to feud with KO too, luckily I'm not tied into one character just yet!!

Have a really nice back from the dead story planned for him , he was my 1st pick straight away when I looked at who was eligible

Have a really nice back from the dead story planned for him , he was my 1st pick straight away when I looked at who was eligible

With 4 picks to go this round, there is plenty to choose from here. Also with The King Of Harts being drafted, he lowers the pool of eligible wrestlers next round as he held WWE tag team gold.

• Advertisement

Great pick. Owen is somebody I was looking at maybe dropping down to me in Rd 2. Cant wait to see what Brian has planned

Great pick. Owen is somebody I was looking at maybe dropping down to me in Rd 2. Cant wait to see what Brian has planned

I expected him to go next round not this one, I would of assumed other guys would be drafted before him (esp if anyone has Wrestlekingdom 11 in their heads)

Daithi1989 has popped his draft cherry and now Sting is gone. Nearly always goes in the first two rounds and this year is no different. He goes 17th in this round, 5 places off his personal best in 2009 when he went 12.

No surprise to see Stinger gone in Rd 1. An always reliable babyface that can carry any company. Solid choice by Daithi for his first ever draft pick

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

Had another option in mind, but decided Sting might be easier work with. Still have nothing planned though..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Imnotthehulk

No surprise to see Stinger gone in Rd 1. An always reliable babyface that can carry any company. Solid choice by Daithi for his first ever draft pick

I've been watching quite a bit of WCW Nitro from 1995/96 recently and I've developed a new appreciation for Sting (and a few others). Aside from really dodgy promo Sting was fantastic.

daithi1989 wrote: »
    Had another option in mind, but decided Sting might be easier work with. Still have nothing planned though..

Even if you had anything planned,plans can change faster than Vinces mind if someone nabs a pick before you

Cheese drafts Bret "He had no right to last this long" Hart.

Owen going before Bret was a surprise and Im shocked he wasnt drafted sooner. the longer he went undrafted made me think he was heading for the next round. Great Pick as always, great as a whitemeat babyface, even better as a bitter heel. Brets a great in ring performer too, so he ticks all the boxes of a super pick and a main event star.

Another year and again hes picked in round 1, not his highest draft place mind you. (number 3 in 2013 and 2014)

Bonus points for the Simpsons gif :)

Sort of knew going for Owen I'd miss out on Bret. But Owen was legit number 1 pick story doesn't work for anyone else , would have loved to have had Bret too ah well not too worry hopefully the guy i want next lasts till my next go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I knew there wasn't a hope but for what it's worth, Bret was my number 1 choice to feud with Brock. I've no idea what direction to go on this so not gonna worry about it til my pick comes up - there's way too many variables between now and then.

Advertisement