Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 10th Annual PW Draft 2017 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,010 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

My pick is in and if SlickRic is online we should be motoring into round 2 tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

And with Paulie drafting Y2J goes my number 1 pick for the next round, balls.

Had a feeling he wouldnt last, but as the drafts went I help hope of reaching me next round. Oh well. Back to the drawing board.

Jericho goes again in round 1 for the 6th time, and has never been drafted outside round 1 or 2. Smashing pick and he can play many roles, loudmouth plucky face, over the top heel, violent sadistic heel, passionate old timer face.... good luck Paulie you rat! :)

paulie21 wrote: »
    My pick is in and if SlickRic is online we should be motoring into round 2 tonight

Slick is up next with 2 picks (20th pick in round 1 and 1st pick in round 2) so We could see the start of some main events in our feds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

There goes by dream match of Y2J vs Piper

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Will Round 3 be a reverse order round?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

I doubt it. Would make no sense unless round 4 was also reverse order

Round 3 shall be random order as shall round 4. Round 5 will be an average pick order. So whom ever has the lowest round order from round 3 and 4 will go first followed by 2nd lowest and so on

Just answered a query from Slickric so hopefully his draft choices will be up shortly.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I expect Slick to have 4 wrestlers soon!

campo wrote: »
    There goes by dream match of Y2J vs Piper

You and me both brother. Onwards to plan b (then c....then d...etc)

• Advertisement

DM_7 wrote: »
    I expect Slick to have 4 wrestlers soon!

He had a tremendous in-ring talent last time, wonder will history repeat.....

• Registered Users Posts: 36,258 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Done.

Sorry, would've been up earlier, but the damn baby needed to be helped to sleep.

Delighted with Jake and Shawn. I've never had HBK, while it was brilliant having Jake before.

2 absolutely cracking picks from Slick Ric there. That is a huge main event if Ric chooses to go that route. Hopefully we blitz this round now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Got a shortlist of 6 for this round and there is 6 picks before me. What are the chances they all go before i pick. HBK gone, 5 to go

Two ironic things of note, I would of replied earlier to your initial pm because my daughter was having trouble falling asleep too.

Also I had jake and Hbk as my main event 2 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,010 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Have my pick in sorry no picture using my phone

Pictures are encouraged, but not necessary.

Actually cheesey ir begire they made it pictures are encouraged.

Loads of guys online..... Spice World

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Bret and Rollins on the same roster? With Brett's real life comments about Seths wrestling style, that makes for an awesome two picks to have!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,714 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I should have known Seth wouldn't last :( some great picks gone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

Sorry for holding things up! In a pub down the country with little to no coverage!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

daithi1989 wrote: »
    Sorry for holding things up! In a pub down the country with little to no coverage!

Isn't it well for some :pac:

Sting & Orton could be a very interesting matchup: The Crow vs The Viper? The Legend vs The Legend Killer?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

So happy to get my number 1 pick in this round hehehe

Roman Reigns and Owen Hart is damn intriguing.

Waking up to know my next choice is gone. First jericho last night and Roman this morning. Plan c it is

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Waking up to know my next choice is gone. First jericho last night and Roman this morning. Plan c it is

I have two guys who will work well in different ways - however I'm resigned to the fact that neither will make it through to me so I've drafted a list of other acceptable alternatives...surely at least one of my reserve list makes it through??

Recapping last nights picks :

Jake Roberts and Shawn Michaels have been snapped up by Slickric. Jake is a great character to have at your disposal with him being a great fan favourite or a cunning manipulating heel. Either way his vocal skills are his strength and he can be a potential MVP of the draft if pushed.

Shawn needs no introduction and always goes in the first 2 rounds and its no surprise to see him snapped up first in round 2 after being ineligible in the first. Top Pick as a redeemed face or a cocky selfish heel, Shawns versatility is his strong suit. Oh and hes arguably the best wrestler of all time. That helps too.

The Rock goes to paulie and his presence on anyones show will only improve there chances of victory. A top heel or a top face, you cant see Rocky being booked anywhere else and his charisma will surely enhance anyones shows. Great pick

Seth goes next to Cheese and another draft pick is redrafted to the same roster as last time (Campo with Piper and AJ with Lee) Seth is very much booked horribly in reality but last year Cheese made him look vicious, hard to beat and down right entertaining. And after what happened to him at the end of Hard Cheeses PPV, what will Mr Wagstaff have in store for Seth.

Randy Orton goes next. He was on my list of names Id like to have so him being snapped up lowers my options somewhat, but Randy, like Jake can be great as a cunning heel who will give those around him trust issues. Will Randy play the obvious heel to Stings Babyface or will Daithi turn both men on their heads? I look forward to finding out.

Roman Reigns is now gone too as Brian Regan snaps him up. Romans stock has risen for whatever reason this year as IIRC not many wanted him last year until Liz drafted him. But I will admit I had big plans for him and Im sorry hes gone earlier than I expected. I feared he'd go before me but not so early in round 2, very naive on my part I guess. Never the less Owen and Roman on the same roster leaves a lot in the air and plenty of mystery of how they will be booked together. Brian obviously as big plans in the works so I will curiously watch what happens as its not obvious what he has in mind just yet.

And like yesterday we awake to find Lord TSC is next in line. Will he go with someone associated with Xavier or not…. Time will tell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Imnotthehulk

I had an idea for Randy Orton ... it's a shame to see him go so early. But a great pick for Daithi. I think Orton is an underrated wrestler. Supremely talented, but WWE don't always seem to know what to do with him. He would be a massive asset to any card/promotion he's a part of.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Will get my pick up soon, though it won't shock anyone :P

I am just grateful no one decided to be booty...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Thrilled to get the trio. I genuinely believe that if you remove Bryan, there's not been a more consistently over babyface act for years than New Day.

I know who I desperately want to face them. I just am also resigned to knowing there's not a chance I'll get them....

Advertisement