Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 10th Annual PW Draft 2017 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

And New Day are gone. They were on my list as a pick that could potentially reach me this round but once Lordy picked Mr Woods I knew they wouldnt reach me.

Last years number 1 picks are gone and the 2nd time Kofi and Big E went together. Their stock has most certainly risen since New Day formed but what has TSC got in store?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Woods was a surprise but since he went I've been looking forward to seeing TSC taking the rest of the gang. Very interested to see how they will be booked as there is obvious potential for them outside the tag division, Big E to have a title run perhaps?

only a few names on my list now better make some backup plans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

With 10 people still to pick ahead of me I am hopefully that the guy I want is gonna fall to me. There is at least 15 "more popular" choices in my mind that could go before him so with every pick I am hopeful he lasts to my pick.

Still some very big names left and at least 20 main event caliber names available. Theres one guy I want now now more than anyone but I hope his stock has risen too much to have him snatched away from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I had a list of 7 names I wanted, either tag teams or potentials against Nakamura, and I'm delighted that all 7 are still available with 7 spots left! Although there are a definite 3 I'd love to get that I cannot see lasting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

Delighted to get Seth back for this year. We just "get" each other :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Imnotthehulk

I'm kinda glad that Spongey1975 took CM punk there. While I didn't really have him in mind, if he had been available to me I would have had to grab him!

A great pick for any roster I think.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I had Flair and Punk a few years back. They work so well together due to their such opposite lifestyles. Love that pick Spongey, and you'll be getting a good few points from me for that combo :P

Yeah didn't think Punk would get to me but he'd be hard to pass up, great draft pick who gives you lots of options with regards storylines

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

And Punk is gone. Never expected him to get as far as me in all honesty so not too disappointed.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I have about 4 or 5 possible picks to choose from atm and im struggling to pick which one since i know the rest wont last till the next round

I have about 4 or 5 possible picks to choose from atm and im struggling to pick which one since i know the rest wont last till the next round

No rush Red, don't do anything rash.

Just choose Duane Gill and make everyone after you very happy :)

beakerjoe wrote: »
    No rush Red, don't do anything rash.

Just choose Duane Gill and make everyone after you very happy :)

Think im gonna go with my gut since i feel this person could have a really good feud with anyone and especially Eddie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Ah I really thought trips would drop down to me , not only did FR take my pick he even used the same image I was about to use

Anyway my pick be up as soon as beaker gives me a nay or a yay

Another name bites the dust from my list, had a nice rumour filled feud with him and Savage lined up in case he fell to me, but realistically I knew he's be gone in the next 3 picks at least. Great pick

sweet if Liz is about I just saw DM_7 is online and im here so we could have a bit of a run of picks... even though HHH is another off my list of "I'd be surprised if they make it but..."

campo wrote: »
    Ah I really thought trips would drop down to me , not only did FR take my pick he even used the same image I was about to use

Anyway my pick be up as soon as beaker gives me a nay or a yay

Ha sorry , tbh i nearly forgot about HHH until i looked up Tag Team champs and felt he would have a great feud with Guerrero especially

Poor Campo has had two potential tag teams shot down. Both good picks but one didnt tag enough to be considered a tag team and the other were WCW tag champs and not WWE

I feel your pain Campo

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Demon King v King of Kings must wait another year

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

DM_7 wrote: »
    Demon King v King of Kings must wait another year

I feel your pain, had plans for KO VS HHH myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Pick is up, some bigger names still out there but can you imagine a Piper pit segment with Bray Wyatt, chance was too good to turn down

Campo Drafts Bray Wyatt whos stock has gone up in the last 2 years. He went from round 3 pick in 2014 to Round 2 in 2015 and Round 1 last year and is drafted this year in round 2.

Bray is always someone Id love to have as I believe I could book him so much better than WWE. Bray and Piper is gonna be great if they cross paths.

campo wrote: »
    Pick is up, some bigger names still out there but can you imagine a Piper pit segment with Bray Wyatt, chance was too good to turn down

I think those two could be great. Actually had Bray as my most thought about pick cos I thought he was more likely to get to me. I'd say he would be great to write for but not this year I guess.

Big choice for Liz now, does an old favourite and regular (theres a few names that Liz could pick that fits that) get drafted or a big name.....

Bray and Piper is a great main event caliber feud, but just imagine Bray and Piper working together. Thats a properly powerful duo! If it were to happen

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Big choice for Liz now, does an old favourite and regular (theres a few names that Liz could pick that fits that) get drafted or a big name.....

There is one name that would feel wrong if Liz wasn't booking for but tbh I'd actually find it hard to guess when that pick would last till so it's hard to know how long someone would wait on going for them if they had to have them.

There is one name that would feel wrong if Liz wasn't booking for but tbh I'd actually find it hard to guess when that pick would last till so it's hard to know how long someone would wait on going for them if they had to have them.

Mid way through round 2 its anyones call as the person Im sure we are both thinking about could be gone by round 3 or maybe 4, but who knows.

Another 2 guys Id say Liz could choose, 1 is a big enough name to go in the next 2/3 picks and the other may go at the rounds end or early next round.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Aaaaaaaaaand Punk was top of that list of 3 I wanted to put against Nakamura. Wishfull thinking I know but a boy can dream!

While it may seem like we are moving slowly, at this point we are just about running faster than the 2 previous years (just). The last two years we were on to round 3 on the 07/01 so hopefully we can get to round 3 this year tomorrow.

2014 though was a fast start and we were already half way through round 3 by this time, so its not so good either. But the slow pace at times has made it better at imagining new feuds with potential picks knowing whos gone and who may make it to you.

As for me, Im 5 picks away from my next pick and Ive two picks I reckon might get to me outside of the big names available.

• Advertisement

I know its just cos Im off work so Im at home and online all day but it just seems to be dragging. Id love us to finish Rd 2 and get all of Rd 3 done by Monday.

Advertisement