Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Marathon Aim

• 13-12-2016 12:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi,

I would like to run Dublin marathon in Oct 2017. I currently run 5k twice a week, handy enough. Can someone please advise on some sort of a running plan for me ?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

Jerome77 wrote: »
    Hi,

I would like to run Dublin marathon in Oct 2017. I currently run 5k twice a week, handy enough. Can someone please advise on some sort of a running plan for me ?

Thanks

http://touch.boards.ie/forum/972

Try here.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭ssshhh123

Hal hidgeon or something to that effect Google it he has full training plans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,666 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I'm in the same boat, but thinking if I start training now I'll be ready in April for one and eyeing up one in Bordeaux.
    The furthest I did was the Debra Ireland half marathon 2 years ago. That was trail running so I think a marathon may be handier.
    I did the Wicklow 200 last year so have a reasonable fitness but I'm 37 with didgy ankles. So that's a point if concern.

So going to follow this thread to see what I learn.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

The DCM Novices thread kicks off in about May of each year. There are 2 plans provided and mentors to help and assist with training and plans.

The race series is built into the plans. I'd highly recommend following this or have a read of previous threads, they are massive though so be warned. Start with the first post as it's a mountain of information.

They recommend to start either plan that you can comfortably run 20miles a week by mid-June.

Advertisement