Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to find out if Urban or Rural

Options
  • 13-12-2016 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi there 

I am currently an Electric Ireland customer and my tarif is showing as Value Reward.  

I live in a housing estate in a medium sized village.  

Where do I find out if I am rural or urban supplied.  

Many thanks 

Gill

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

giboyle wrote: »
    Hi there 

I am currently an Electric Ireland customer and my tarif is showing as Value Reward.  

I live in a housing estate in a medium sized village.  

Where do I find out if I am rural or urban supplied.  

Many thanks 

Gill
    Your bill will say 'DG1' on it if you are urban and 'DG2' if rural. 

If you are in a housing estate chances are you are Urban. Your unit rate would actually be the same, rural just carries a higher standing charge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi Gill,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Being an urban or rural customer does not affect the unit rate. This is based on the type of meter you have and whether you are availing of any savings. However, the standing charge is calculated based on whether the customer is in an urban or rural area.

You can check if you are on a rural or urban standing charge by going to the top right-hand corner of your bill. You will see either DG1 or DG2 if you are residential customer just underneath the MPRN.

As LollipopJimmy stated above, DG1 is for for urban customers and DG2 for rural customers.

If you would like us to check your account for any other information, please send us the following details by private message:
    • Your full name
    • Your account number
    • The first line of your address
    • Your contact number or date of birth
    • Confirmation you are the account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient)

We hope this helps. Should you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks,
    Aoife

________

Advertisement