Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap car insurance for young driver

Options
  • 13-12-2016 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I'm 18 I've just passed my driving test, I want to get cheap insurance for a couple of months, i have a ford fiesta at home (2002) and a 7 seater auto (2007) what insurance companies would give me cheap insurance for the fiesta, ino its an old car but its all i have for a few months. Thank you

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

There is no set "Cheaper" company, youll have to shop around yourself im afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

I'm 18 I've just passed my driving test, I want to get cheap insurance for a couple of months, i have a ford fiesta at home (2002) and a 7 seater auto (2007) what insurance companies would give me cheap insurance for the fiesta, ino its an old car but its all i have for a few months. Thank you

Firstly,Congrats on passing the test.

As for insurance you won't get 'cheap' insurance anywhere as a first time driver so to speak. A lot of companies now won't insure cars over 14 years old unless you are an existing policyholder.

Have you tried AXA,Liberty,Boxymo?

Have a look at this thread, it may assist you
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057482518

• Registered Users Posts: 5 sineadmooney23

Thanks very much! i understand that just hear about my friends getting insurance quite cheap but obviously its down to engine size and age of the car. i tried boxymo thought that would of been my best option but it wouldnt give me a quote because i didnt fall into the criteria

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Thanks very much! i understand that just hear about my friends getting insurance quite cheap but obviously its down to engine size and age of the car. i tried boxymo thought that would of been my best option but it wouldnt give me a quote because i didnt fall into the criteria

I suspect alot of your Friends could just be name drivers on their parents policys

Advertisement