Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aleppo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

Some real on the ground reports

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgnTskvdYi0

Another truth journalist along with eva bartlett.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭HensVassal

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Is there a big Chinese presence in Syria?

There isn't. But there was a large presence in Libya until NATO smashed the place.

Don't be so glib with your questions. The Chinese have been bullsh1tted and betrayed in Africa and they are not going to play any more ball will the lying sacks in NATO.

China wants to assert it power in the sea off its coast. Why would the US want to have a problem with this 10,000 miles from California?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

prinzeugen wrote: »
    They are laser guided.

The last free fall bombs dropped in anger by the RAF fell out a Vulcan over Port Stanley in 1982. All bombs used since have had some sort of laser designation/guidance.

This is a total falsehood. I don't know if the British still use unguided bombs but they have used them for many years after 1982.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

This is a total falsehood. I don't know if the British still use unguided bombs but they have used them for many years after 1982.

If I remember correctly by the early 90s they mainly switched to guided weapons due to having no dedicated bombers ,
    The did have various cluster bombs for hitting airfields and roads though,
    They had to keep up appearances for the "Special Relationship"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

I heard RTE this morning calling the foreign jihadist mercenaries who were kicked out of Aleppo "fighters". This got me thinking, if there is another Paris/Brussels type terrorist outrage what will the perpetrators be called?
    fighters? rebels? opposition? moderates?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

archer22 wrote: »
    There is something very strange and hard to fathom going on now..seems to be a policy of create Chaos, manage Chaos, profit from Chaos

Chaos overseas sells weapons, one of the most profitable businesses on the planet.
    Chaos overseas allows enemy non compliant rulers to be removed and replaced with compliant friendly rulers i.e. regime change.

Chaos at home allows stringent invasive new laws to be introduced to control the native population.
    Introduction of migrants dilutes the native population, allows cheap labour and diverts attention from real issues.

It is all one big game.
    HensVassal wrote: »
    There isn't. But there was a large presence in Libya until NATO smashed the place.

Don't be so glib with your questions. The Chinese have been bullsh1tted and betrayed in Africa and they are not going to play any more ball will the lying sacks in NATO.

China wants to assert it power in the sea off its coast. Why would the US want to have a problem with this 10,000 miles from California?

Ehh come on now don't pretend that china is somehow the innocent one in this, just because you are having a pop at US.

The problem is that China want to claim territorial waters that Philippines, Taiwan, Malaysia, Brunei and Vietnam also claim.
    And why ?
    Would it have anything to do with resources.

They want to extend their reach right up to these other countries and if was not for the US, China would roll right over these smaller states.

And in Africa the Chinese are basically almost recolonising parts of it.
    Yeah they build new roads, airports or harbours, but those new infrastructure are basically so that they can get resources and goods out and people in.
    Most of the ones working in there sites are Chinese with a few low paid jobs going to the locals.

BTW just as another example of how US government and it's institutions can't be trusted was evidenced by how they allowed firearms be trafficed out of US to the Sinaloa Cartel in Mexico.
    There was program on RTE last night about it. Sometimes they actually do have interesting stuff.

Through Operation Fast and Furious operated by ATF out of Arizona gun dealers were coerced to help in "gunwalking" and field officers monitoring this traffic were prevented from apprehending suspects.
    The lid blew on it due to ATF whistleblower after a border patrol agent was killed in gunfight by Sinaloa cartel hit team in desert with a US sourced gun.

It turned out the guys organising the buying of the guns were FBI funded informants.
    A top ranking Sinaloa cartel member was never put on trial in US because he admitted that he had been given immunity when meeting with US authorities in order to give information on other cartels.
    This relationship had been going on for ten odd years.
    National security was cited why a sinaloa cartel lawyer who acted as go between could not be questioned in court.

Because the dept of justice refused to release documents linked to the whole gunwalking scandal, Attorney General Eric Holder became the first sitting member of the Cabinet of the United States to be held in contempt of Congress on June 28, 2012.

And the real kicker is the much vaunted great hope Obama had invoked executive privilege for the first time in his presidency over the same documents.

This is what the US government is capable of so please don't ever think they won't do a backdoor deal even with the likes of ISIS if it suits their goals.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭scopper

I heard RTE this morning calling the foreign jihadist mercenaries who were kicked out of Aleppo "fighters". This got me thinking, if there is another Paris/Brussels type terrorist outrage what will the perpetrators be called?
    fighters? rebels? opposition? moderates?

Sunni militia men covers most of them so maybe this would work.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I wonder what will happen with this idea? Nobody can tell me conscription can never be a good thing anyway

IDF Reservist Officer Calls on Netanyahu to Dispatch Israeli Soldiers to End the Bloodshed in Aleppo: ‘We’re Prepared to Kill and Be Killed, to Stop the Massacre’

https://www.algemeiner.com/2016/12/15/idf-reservist-officer-calls-on-netanyahu-to-dispatch-israeli-soldiers-to-end-the-bloodshed-in-aleppo-were-prepared-to-kill-and-be-killed-to-stop-the-massacre/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭pumpkin4life

Nassim Taleb (black swan guy) weighs in on Syria:

https://twitter.com/nntaleb/status/809030025517432832

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

The US have backed the wrong horse again. I honestly dont understand them, the EU and all the rest of the civilised West.

The newspapers and news outlets are hard to read here with all the Anti Assad, pro Rebel stuff. Full of bombast and hysteria. Really ill-considered stuff.

I wonder what will happen with this idea? Nobody can tell me conscription can never be a good thing anyway

IDF Reservist Officer Calls on Netanyahu to Dispatch Israeli Soldiers to End the Bloodshed in Aleppo: ‘We’re Prepared to Kill and Be Killed, to Stop the Massacre’

Get the feeling if isreal wanted to get involved there's not a lot anyone could do ,wether it be Assad or russian or Iranians or hizbollah ,
    They would wipe the floor but only if they choose to .

Gatling wrote: »
    Get the feeling if isreal wanted to get involved there's not a lot anyone could do ,wether it be Assad or russian or Iranians or hizbollah ,

Well the general consensus just among my own Israeli friends is that Israel COULD fight Syria, Russia, and Iran, and win.

But some think the cost for Israel would in many ways be far too high.

I don't know...horrible, horrible situation in Aleppo

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 916 ✭✭✭osmiumartist

Well the general consensus just among my own Israeli friends is that Israel COULD fight Syria, Russia, and Iran, and win.

But some think the cost for Israel would in many ways be far too high.

I don't know...horrible, horrible situation in Aleppo
    You're kidding? I know they would probably do OK for a while at least in a conventional ground battle, but once the war starts they're, what, 20 to 1 down on nukes? They'd be a sheet of dusty glass in 24 hours.

The Israelis have the best gear and men, but come on. Facing Russia with Iran and Syria onside is utter suicide.

The Israelis have the best gear and men, but come on. Facing Russia with Iran and Syria onside is utter suicide.

They wouldn't be facing them on their own would they , they have there own friends in high places as we all very well know ,
    What's Iran going to so steam across syria hoping they don't get annilated in a few hours ,
    Syria has no army or navy that leaves russia to fight with limited resources in the area and they won't go nuclear either

I think so too. Also, would it not spark off something very serious.

I think so too. Also, would it not spark off something very serious.
    No way the US would stay out. Slightly less chance when Trump is in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

Why doesn't anyone get this? The war in Syria is over because the transition of power has begun, the Clinton, bushes and the arm's industry are out, trump is in and I guarantee he will pledge to rebuild Syria( with his own company) Billions to be made in construction there.

So much shíte in the news today that you don't know what to believe, 6 other countries apparently hacked the US not Russia.

More shíte from the Democrats.

Why doesn't anyone get this? The war in Syria is over because the transition of power has begun

When did that happen Assad has already publicly stated he's staying till 2021 at least ,
    he will runs in the next election after that against himself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

When did that happen Assad has already publicly stated he's staying till 2021 at least ,
    Probably referring to the incoming Trump administration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

If I remember correctly by the early 90s they mainly switched to guided weapons due to having no dedicated bombers ,
    The did have various cluster bombs for hitting airfields and roads though,
    They had to keep up appearances for the "Special Relationship"

The cluster bombs (JP something, something airfield denial weapons) are banned now.

Tornados had Jaguars as target designators in the first Gulf war and even today, Typhoons carry the weapons but still need Tornados to "mark the target" until the Typhoons are upgraded.

And in the first gulf war it was bombs dropped aircraft guided by infrared not laser..

Plenty of footage from then and in Bosnia of the RAF or RN dropping "ballistic" bombs with accuracy.

Yeah he's a dentist, that ran one of the financial centres of the middle east until the axis of evil came into force. The war is over. Sky is now asking questions now that a trump supporter has bought them fully out. Stick to the fake news gatling

Yeah he's a dentist, that ran one of the financial centres of the middle east until the axis of evil came into force. The war is over. Stick to the fake news gatling

So no there's no transition of power and the war is far from over ,

And dentist to butcher he obviously learnt the family trade ,

What fake news exactly

So no there's no transition of power and the war is far from over ,

And dentist to butcher he obviously learnt the family trade ,

What fake news exactly
    Nobody believes that rubbish any more. One million lies too many and the house of cards fell down.
    Unless Israel want to start WW3 then Syria (and Russia) have won. Aleppo will be cleared on headchoppers and (a pretty lousy version of) democracy will be restored.

Nobody believes that rubbish any more. One million lies too many and the house of cards fell down.
    Unless Israel want to start WW3 then Syria (and Russia) have won. Aleppo will be cleared on headchoppers and (a pretty lousy version of) democracy will be restored.

Yeah these white helmet rescuers are reformed ISIS, prícks that know the air drops of American weapons from Saudi are gone. Real reports from the ground suggests that the war is over .

Nobody believes that rubbish any more.

Your the one who said the transition of power has begun the war is over ,

The war is not over not by any stretch of imagination ,where do people get this nonsense Sputnik

Your the one who said the transition of power has begun the war is over ,

The war is not over not by any stretch of imagination ,where do people get this nonsense Sputnik

Sorry but your a bit touched if you can't see the Carlyle group reversing out and corridors being made for the war to end. Trump has no affiliation with the arms industry, I think that instead of war's for resources well see sharing resources between Russia and the US. Trump has it in for the Chinese though.

Sorry but your

So you got caught telling lies and now your typically trying to attack me ,
    While claiming something about fake news but you and you only posted a fake story ,

Keep on digging .

• Advertisement

Sorry but your a bit touched if you can't see the Carlyle group reversing out and corridors being made for the war to end. Trump has no affiliation with the arms industry, I think that instead of war's for resources well see sharing resources between Russia and the US. Trump has it in for the Chinese though.
    Somehow, I think that it will be very hard for any US & or many western countries based construction firms to get contracts to rebuild Syria.
    Especially when you consider that those countries backed the losing side.

Having said that, while one phase of the war is over (the war between the "moderates" & Assad) the next is ramping up, Turkey against the Kurds and if that means that Turkey backs ISIS then they will.

Sorry but your

While claiming something about fake news but you and you only posted a fake story ,

Keep on digging .

Couldn't make this up .

Ohh wait you actually did.

Keep on digging .

Couldn't make this up .

Ohh wait you actually did.

You're post is full of holes.

What lies?

I'll give you time to scrambling on the web to post your "here see I told ya" grow up and look at what is actually going on in the world.

Why doesn't anyone get this? The war in Syria is over because the transition of power has begun

Lol fake .

While crying fake news stories that nobody's posted

Lol fake .

While crying fake news stories that nobody's posted

Pure búll****e and you know it. Are you making this up?

By the way, quote the actual post, not the bit you want out of it to skew the argument.

Somehow, I think that it will be very hard for any US & or many western countries based construction firms to get contracts to rebuild Syria.
    Especially when you consider that those countries backed the losing side.

Having said that, while one phase of the war is over (the war between the "moderates" & Assad) the next is ramping up, Turkey against the Kurds and if that means that Turkey backs ISIS then they will.

ISIS are the white helmet guys helping people now that the American military are not doing weapons drops anymore. The Saudi government has put a stop to it because of trump, coincidence? Me bóllocks

• Advertisement

Pure búll****e and you know it. Are you making this up?

By the way, quote the actual post,

But ,but ,but

Face it you shot yourself in the foot and now like several others who did the same decided rather than admit you messed up by posting a fake story ,
    Your trying to have an unsuccessful go at me ,

I didn't post one news story in this thread ,
    I'll leave the fake news to Sputnik and rt news

But ,but ,but

Face it you shot yourself in the foot and now like several others who did the same decided rather than admit you messed up by posting a fake story ,
    Your trying to have an unsuccessful go at me ,

You're post is full of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

You also dont back up your "facts" with any evidence whatsoever.

You have little or no credibility in threads that has anything got to do with Russia because your blinded by your hate of Putin.

You would rather Syria be handed over to the heart eating rebels than there democratically elected government. Your a hypocrite of the worst kind.

You're post is full of

What you claimed .

Seriously it's that simple

Gringo180 wrote: »
    You also dont back up your "facts" with any evidence whatsoever.

You have little or no credibility in threads that has anything got to do with Russia because your blinded by your hate of Putin.

Show me where I hate Putin don't think I've ever said hate on here .
    I've yet to be proven wrong on the subject ,
    so it's a simple case gringo put up or shut up

• Advertisement

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=94871637&postcount=25
    I hate Putin

Deer in the headlights. You can't produce facts so do one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Gatling is having his 'Tom Clancy school of US foreign relations' diploma shat on constantly and he's having difficulty coming to terms with reality.

Gatling is having his 'Tom Clancy school of US foreign relations' diploma shat on constantly and he's having difficulty coming to terms with reality.

Spot on buddy, spot on.....

I hate Putin's bully boy corrupt bigotry .
    He who demands he personally gets to decide the fate of the Ukrainian people .

Do try harder

Deer in the headlights. You can't produce facts so do one.

Shall I keep repeating your little story the 'Fake One "

'Fake One "

Ah here,that was awful funny(own medicine)...keep it up lads,great stuff.
    Anyone see the Vanessa Beeley video,another on the truth side...self funded.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgnTskvdYi0

Shall I keep repeating your little story the 'Fake One "

Just keep throwing out the fake label, you have nothing to back up anything.

Just keep throwing out the fake label,

Your story not mine ,

I didn't post a fake story then cry about fake stories .

Irony at it's best

Your story not mine ,

Did you watch Vanessa Beeley...does she work for RT too?

• Advertisement
Advertisement