Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW 16 Matchday Thread...Prepare for the HurriKane.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

pimpmyhat wrote: »
    I wouldn't be so quick to get rid of harry kane
    he could score big the weekend against burnley

After it
    I'll prob still captain him this weekend :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Delighted i made the choice to get Ibra instead of Kane when i was replacing Aguero!!

This was indeed the right answer to the Aguero replacement question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Heading for 6th red arrow in a row :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

km79 wrote: »
    After it
    I'll prob still captain him this weekend :D

Ya I think ill give him another chance too, or he will no doubt burn me!

Yep the guy who was behind me just confirmed he forgot to change his team
    73 before probably 12 bonus
    2 FT next week
    I hate this game

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Alonso manages to keep a bap :D; his first non-attacking return bonus point. 46 in the end, drop to 7.5k predicted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Having been taking hits to good effect for weeks but bottled Austin to Origi at weekend - very much regret not going for it. Got stung by Hazard, Evans and Anichebe disappearing from my team this evening so only had 10 playing.

37 in all, glad Saturday rolls around quickly so can forget about all the shoulda coulda woulda's.

Alonso manages to keep a bap :D; his first non-attacking return bonus point. 46 in the end, drop to 7.5k predicted.

YAHOO!!!!
    Up to 38 now

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

61 no hits delighted with that. Strong front 8 was a big help for me as I had origi to come in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

47 if the bonuses stay the way they are.
    Should see green arrows judging by the scores here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Thought I had another complete disaster, but looking like 52 (no hits)which seems pretty average (if not slightly better) around here. Happy with average this week!

Overall average is 48, top 10k is 52, according to FPL Discovery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

On the brightside. I won the monthly league ( We pay out per 4 game weeks) Looks like I hit roughly 250ish in 4 GW's very happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

I see origi is now yellow flagged

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Mane assisted 3 assists and hit the post :(

And the final insult
    Both grant and VVD get 3 bonus as they tied along with Martina

Good night and God bless us all
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

61 no hits delighted with that. Strong front 8 was a big help for me as I had origi to come in.
    Waow! Great score!

But. Don't you own both Hazard & Nacho? If the case you're being selective with the truth since your strong front 8 made no difference this GW ;).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭raiders11

Looks like 71(-4) after BPs, happy enough with that considering had no Llanna or Rondon and Captain Kane didn't help either....

iroced wrote: »
    Waow! Great score!

But. Don't you own both Hazard & Nacho? If the case you're being selective with the truth since your strong front 8 made no difference this GW ;).

:confused: It did because my sub was origi rather than a fletcher or capoue. I got francis pts off the bench aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

69 all out and another captain fail.. might jus leave it on Sanchez as autopivk!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,183 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

52 with Williams 11 sitting on the bench. Ah well

:confused: It did because my sub was origi rather than a fletcher or capoue. I got francis pts off the bench aswell.
    Are you absolutely sure Origi would have been the one to make way for the cheap bench fodder? Would you have gone 3-5-2 with e.g. Anichebe? Wouldn't you have preferred the more traditionnal 3-4-3 with one of your Chelsea mid making way for the cheap bench fodder guy?

This team will make you all sick. Very sick

https://twitter.com/ZaKz_7/status/809172194555265024

iroced wrote: »
    Are you absolutely sure Origi would have been the one to make way for the cheap bench fodder? Would you have gone 3-5-2 with e.g. Anichebe? Wouldn't you have preferred the more traditionnal 3-4-3 with one of your Chelsea mid making way for the cheap bench fodder guy?

My head hurts:eek: Ive 8 good options and am happy to pick the best 7 every week. Its a strategy I like to use at this time of the year and will now move nacho on to give myself another headache next week. My plan last gw was to bench Kane but then austin got injured so I could hold him and then play Kane. My plan for this week was to bench siggy but due to doubts over pedro, nacho and origi starting I decided to play siggy and bench origi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Watching highlights. As really should have had 1 goal, maybe 2.

Watching highlights. As really should have had 1 goal, maybe 2.

Who?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

watching MOTD - Phillips really is a super player.

And both those brunt assists were assisted by Philips

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

And McCauley almost with a superb own goal - we dont realise how lucky we were

My head hurts:eek: Ive 8 good options and am happy to pick the best 7 every week. Its a strategy I like to use at this time of the year and will now move nacho on to give myself another headache next week. My plan last gw was to bench Kane but then austin got injured so I could hold him and then play Kane. My plan for this week was to bench siggy but due to doubts over pedro, nacho and origi starting I decided to play siggy and bench origi.
    Yeah I know I'm just playing a bit with you :P. But I found your "strong front 8 paid off this week" a bit OTT when you actually only had a strong front 6 this week :p.
    Also you "compared" Origi with Capoue/Fletcher. Which is wrong. Origi will have made way for Anichebe or similar in your team. If you were owning Capoue/Fletcher that's one of your mid who would have made way. Hence my "no diff this week" ;).

But with rotation kicking it's a good tactic. I just rarely got it really working for me.

Anyway, what am I talking about? I can't even make a simple decision between Firmino & Eriksen despite the latter having form and fixtures for him (and being a personal favourite of mine - 2 years ago he was a key player for making me win my private league)...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Looked like Zlatan elbowed Cabaye off the ball, doubt anything will come of it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

64 (-4) it seems, with no Hazard or Nacho playing and possibly 2 points from the bench that will push it to 66.

Nah... This is a fake team generated by an FPL bot to all make us believe it's possible and continue playing. It's like the lotto. People play 'cause there's millions to be gained (they don't consider the infinitesimal chance to actually win it). If chances were a lot higher but only a couiple of k€ to be gained no one would play. :pac:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Gundogan injury make yaya interesting?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Shanee.

64 points with Costa as captain. Gonna change to Eriksen as he seems to be finding good form. Subbed in Origi for Nacho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

patmac wrote: »
    13 from 2, 9 playing tonight MOTD beckons see ye at 11:45

Francis comes in for Anchibe, headed with the dogs for a walk with a spring in my step, thinking I'm averaging 78 points here and might hit the ton. I thought 50 points will be a disaster. Ended up with 40 and could have been worse!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I tried to make a "GW 17 Captains thread" - no joy.
    Anyone else want to try...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

62. Im up over 1m places the last 3 game weeks, have to be happy with that.

By the way.

I propose a perma ban for Zerks for being the jinxiest fcker in the history of jinxing with his OP and thread title. :)

Kane was fcked from that moment on. Knew it at the time and nearly changed captain over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

FHFC wrote: »
    By the way.

I propose a perma ban for Zerks for being the jinxiest fcker in the history of jinxing with his OP and thread title. :)

Kane was fcked from that moment on. Knew it at the time and nearly changed captain over it.

Ha. Does he even have Kane?

By the way.

I'd normally agree but since I jinxed every single winner of the captain poll this season with my observation-made-theory, I guess I should just STFU :pac:...

BTW. 40 pts. Down 60+k to 228k.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

On the brightside. I won the monthly league ( We pay out per 4 game weeks) Looks like I hit roughly 250ish in 4 GW's very happy with that.

246 points in last 4 GW'S that must be top 10K material ? :pac:

Looking over the quarterly game weeks I'm

GW 1-4: 212
    GW 4-8: 211
    GW 8-12: 193
    GW 12-16: 246

Working out an over an average of 50 Per Week happy enough with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

A rise of 234 places from 159k to 159k :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

FHFC wrote:
    Who?

As = Alli

... Stooopid auto correction

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Uggghhh...down to 400k...again :-(

Can't get any traction lately....getting hammered now as well in mini leagues and way off the pace in my work league where there is only one other FPL obsessive playing...and he's 20 points behind me lol

Up from 310k to 230k with my 61.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I have to be happy enough with 47 from 10 players and a captain fail, but disappointed that it was a drop of around 30k places, didn't think it would be that severe in a lowish scoring GW. Ibra out for Kane is haunting me. Finished up 147k.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

41 with a captain fail and 10 playing. My second red arrow in a row sees me drop from 83k in GW14 to my current position of 169k. Need to stop the rot now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Slid 150,000 places with a score of 38. Surprised the average was so high. I was expecting around the low 40s. If you have a scan through the fsa h2h premiere league, not many scored over the average

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

By the way.

Lol...I only got 34...Theresa Mannion definitely not needed for last night. I'll gladly leave my match thread input to this gw and never start another if it means any jinx is lifted. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

63 (-4) thanks to some goalkeeping (Heaton) and defensive (Alonso, Brunt, Pieters) heroics. Everyone else bar Sanchez (c) blanked. Very strange gameweek!

Advertisement