Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Refund From Tesco.ie

Options
  • 13-12-2016 2:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭

I got shopping delivered from Tesco.ie last Tuesday and there were 2 items which were the wrong size(I was charged over double the price) so I gave them back to the driver for a credit on my card.

I have had to give items back before from damaged items to poorly chosen substitutions etc and expected that this time would be no different and that the €20 credit would be back on my card within 48 hours as it has been every other time.

I am still waiting for my €20+ credit even after being told by customer care that the credit was done on 7th and that it would definitely take 3-5days so i would not get it till 13th. well it's the 13 and still no credit!

Has anyone else had to ring again and again and wait exceptionally long for credit from Tesco online shopping?

The items were Angus steaks and Angus mince worth €20+ so maybe it was just dumped in the bin by someone and no credit done? except customer care confirmed there was a credit done on 7th.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

An update from Tesco Customer Care, It seems that the credit which I was assured was done last Wednesday was never actually authorised so would never be issued!

It was only authorised yesterday so should be back on my card within 3-5 working days.

Another update, still no refund/credit from Tesco on my account despite promises and more promises and even being told to expect a call from the store in Carlow and also something early this week as good will gesture.

Nothing at all!

Just found out that the credit hasn't been done at all yet, no contact from Tesco at all, Tesco customer care on twitter can offer no help at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

OP did tesco issue a refund? i assume from pst 2 that they did. is your issue with your back on the amount of time it takes to process the money back into your account, or are you saying tesco lied?

OP did tesco issue a refund? i assume from pst 2 that they did. is your issue with your back on the amount of time it takes to process the money back into your account, or are you saying tesco lied?

As far as I can tell now they have not processed the credit yet. I was also promised a call from the store last week but have not had any contact from Tesco at all that I have not initiated. I gave my number via Twitter earlier and asked for someone to contact me to try and sort out whatever issue is stopping them doing the credit but have heard nothing from them since.

Final Update:
    Just off the phone to tesco and thanks and the employee of the month has to go to Mary who has finally put the credit through on my account! as proof of this I even got an email to confirm which I had not got from any of the previous calls.

It seems that a lot of the staff in customer care just don't know or care about their jobs.
    Thank you for contacting Online@Tesco.co.uk regarding your order: *********.
    I would like to apologise again for any difficulty you may have encountered with your order.
    I have now refunded £20.20 back into your account for the following items. This should appear within the next few days.

The latest on this is that the refund although showing on Tesco's system as paid on 19th is still not back in my account but I will give a few extra days due to the Christmas.

On todays delivery three litres of milk all dated 1st of January 2017! three days life for milk is definitely not enough!

Customer care tried to tell me that it was standard for milk to have 3 days life! a carton bought in Aldi yesterday is dated 8th January!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

The definition of stupidity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result. You moan a lot about Tesco delivary, why don't you just go into the store and pick what you want?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

davo10 wrote: »
    The definition of stupidity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result. You moan a lot about Tesco delivary, why don't you just go into the store and pick what you want?

This, there are plenty of other shops in Carlow you could go to.

You constantly complain about tesco but you keep going back to them. Unless you are on a crusade to eradicate all errors in the tesco order picking process then all you are doing is pissing yourself and tesco off.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Maybe they don't have a car? Maybe it's not convenient? OP has done nothing wrong, just paid for a service which wasn't up to scratch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

MarkR wrote: »

Maybe they don't have a car? Maybe it's not convenient? OP has done nothing wrong, just paid for a service which wasn't up to scratch.

I pay for a service, if I'm not happy with it I give consideration to not using it again, if I pay for it again, I think to myself I was silly to do so. But if I pay for it again and again, and then complain each time I am disappointed, then perhaps I should let someone else do the shopping.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

There is no need to post the same issue in two separate threads. Closing this one

dudara

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement