Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hair style ideas

Options
  • 13-12-2016 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I have long(ish) hair, but I fancy a change. I'm also going to try donate my pony tail to charity.

Is there a way to see how a particular hair style might look on me before making the plunge? Ideally I'd need to be able to tie up my hair, either that or have it short enough so that I wouldn't have it in my face during work.

I'd love a low/no maintenance style, but I'm afraid to go too short in case it looks awful. I mean I know that hair grows, but I don't want to look like a plonker until it does.

Has anyone any experience/advice? Or ideas for potential styles? It needs to be manageable/low maintenance because I sometimes cycle to work so wouldn't have access to a full range of things to fix helmet hair.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

You can upload a photo and try different styles here

http://www.lorealprofessionnel.com/int/style-my-hair

• Registered Users Posts: 5,396 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I'm pretty low maintenance (read: lazy) when it comes to my hair. I have my hair styled in a graduated lob. It's just below collar length at the back and just around collar bone length at the front. Like the pic of Jennifer Anniston below. I wear my hair down most of the time, but I can tie it up for exercising (just need a few hair grips under the pony tail, depending how high I tie my hair). My hair has a slight wave in it and I have it cut to work with it. I literally wash my hair and leave it dry naturally. But when I am feeling energetic, a quick run through with a hair straightener or curling tongs looks just as well.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/33/6c/87/336c87531752be6a1b14e19e42c48e9a.jpg

Advertisement