Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disabled ipad2

Options
  • 13-12-2016 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Afternoon all. My girlfriends iPad has become disabled as our young lad was messing with it. I have her login info to restore it but the problem is it was using her hotmail account to purchase items but was originally set up with an iCloud account.
    I also have this password but to unlock the iPad Apple are mailing the link to a mac.com email that I've no access to. When I set iCloud to this I'm locked out also. It was also set up for her by the guy in carphone warehouse and I don't know what Birthday was used, it's not hers, mine or our son.
    Is there anyway to fix this or am I as well to smash it off the wall? She might be a little pissed but I'll take great satisfaction in doing that right now!!
    Any help or info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I'm confused.

Using a different Apple ID/iCloud account (the hotmail) for purchases shouldn't affect the Apple ID/iCloud account the device was associated with. Log into iCloud.com using those account details and try unlocking the device from the Find My iPhone web app.

You can find more suggestions here:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204306

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

Apple can unlock it but will require original POP

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Atharrick

Thanks for the responses. I'm confused too Professor :)

I have tried her hotmail at the Activation Lock screen but it cannot be used to unlock the ipad. The only ID I can use to unlock is the icloud.com one but that sends the unlock instructions to a mac.com email address which I can't find.

Edit: I'm at the appleid.ie page and have signed in using the hotmail account. The ipad is showing there as a device I'm signed into as well as my mac. Any idea what i can do from here? It's not showing up as a device on the iCloud settings screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

Once you are there click find my iPhone to locate iPad. When it has finished searching there should be an option to remove the device. Once done you should be able to restore iPad and get past the activation lock

Atharrick wrote: »
    Thanks for the responses. I'm confused too Professor :)

I have tried her hotmail at the Activation Lock screen but it cannot be used to unlock the ipad. The only ID I can use to unlock is the icloud.com one but that sends the unlock instructions to a mac.com email address which I can't find.

Edit: I'm at the appleid.ie page and have signed in using the hotmail account. The ipad is showing there as a device I'm signed into as well as my mac. Any idea what i can do from here? It's not showing up as a device on the iCloud settings screen.

Advertisement