Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indiependence 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

They are doing Live from Times Square in NC

grand so, got worried it would be somewhere local and i'd missed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Updated lineup

http://indiependencefestival.com/line-up/

Frank Turner....if he plays below Manic Street Preachers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭john.han

Manics are definitely Friday anyway according to their facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Definitely the worst day for me, but sure it's only up the road!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

I had heard Manics on Sunday from someone who claimed the organisers told him...

Anyway - can't say id be too pushed about any of those headliners but a few really solid acts down the bill, albeit none too surprising.

Talos, Brian Deady, Overhead the Albatross, We Cut Corners, Fang Club, All Tvvins... 3 or 4 those on the same day as the Manics and I'd happily pick up a day ticket.

Wouldn't be crossing the road to see the Coronas, Riptide Movement, Tom Odell, etc and can't say I know much of Frank Turners stuff so won't make a comment there.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Delighted they booked Frank Turner

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭ab4248

Anyone here buy the VIP ticket last year? Is it worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

ab4248 wrote: »
    Anyone here buy the VIP ticket last year? Is it worth it?

I bought a VIP ticket last year. There's nothing overly fancy about it. It's a small campsite, so less scumbags and generally older festival goers who aren't there to party all night. There's easy access to showers and decent toilets. I think there was a coffee truck there one day.

Location wise you are right beside the arena which is a perk. And closer to the exit for town if you want to go into Mitchelstown for a proper meal. Inside the Arena, there is VIP only section with a bar and few sofas/hammocks which was nice but I only discovered it on the Sunday.

If I was going back I'd paid it again but I'm old as f**k compared to the majority at this festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

lc180 wrote: »
    I bought a VIP ticket last year. There's nothing overly fancy about it. It's a small campsite, so less scumbags and generally older festival goers who aren't there to party all night. There's easy access to showers and decent toilets. I think there was a coffee truck there one day.

Location wise you are right beside the arena which is a perk. And closer to the exit for town if you want to go into Mitchelstown for a proper meal. Inside the Arena, there is VIP only section with a bar and few sofas/hammocks which was nice but I only discovered it on the Sunday.

If I was going back I'd paid it again but I'm old as f**k compared to the majority at this festival.

Ya I stayed in VIP last year and it's worth every penny.
    Loads of space to camp, so your not on top of others like in the main camping area. Great showers but there can be queues at peak times. Great toilets. Charging facilities but these were always full when I tried to go, so I went to the area VIP area and used there sockets as it was nice and quiet in there. So nice to relax in there too on the hammocks and beanbags. The coffee truck came from there to the camping area on sunday morning and gave out free tea.
    The only downside of the VIP area is the trek from the car park to it, you have to go through all of the campsites, it was a pain! Especially because we were told we would have easier access, but it was still worth the €50.
    I've got my ticket already :D

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭liquoriceall

Hi when are the 1 day tickets going on sale?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

Hi when are the 1 day tickets going on sale?

They are going on sale this Friday at 9 am:https://buzz.ie/indiependence-line-up-is-finally-here/
    I am a little p***ed off as I only want to see the Manics and I bought a three day ticket a few months ago to make sure I didn't miss out. If I'd known there were one-day tickets going to be on sale I would have just bought one for Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

lukin wrote: »
    They are going on sale this Friday at 9 am:https://buzz.ie/indiependence-line-up-is-finally-here/
    I am a little p***ed off as I only want to see the Manics and I bought a three day ticket a few months ago to make sure I didn't miss out. If I'd known there were one-day tickets going to be on sale I would have just bought one for Sunday.

Why are you pissed off? Multiple people on here told you there was day tickets! 5 minutes of research and you would have known there was day tickets.

17991345_10154566341611545_2822564273595135627_o.jpg?oh=10053389d901e5f560df7bd95b681f92&oe=598ADFAA

I could've sworn I saw the minutes on one of their posters for this year :confused:

mimimcmc wrote: »
    I could've sworn I saw the minutes on one of their posters for this year :confused:

They definitely were on the initial announcement. Wonder if they've cancelled? Would be a shame.

I also see that Heineken has arrived as the beer branding on all the posters - I imagine this spells the end of the Franciscan Well stuff being sold? Fran Well are owned by Molson Coors so I doubt Heineken would allow a competitor's stuff to be sold at the festival.

Was always nice to have a mix of stuff on tap at the festival - some craft stuff as well as Canadian/Coors - everyone seemed to be able to find something they liked.

They definitely were on the initial announcement. Wonder if they've cancelled? Would be a shame.

I also see that Heineken has arrived as the beer branding on all the posters - I imagine this spells the end of the Franciscan Well stuff being sold? Fran Well are owned by Molson Coors so I doubt Heineken would allow a competitor's stuff to be sold at the festival.

Was always nice to have a mix of stuff on tap at the festival - some craft stuff as well as Canadian/Coors - everyone seemed to be able to find something they liked.

Thank you! I knew I saw it somewhere, thought I saw it on their website only a couple of days ago. Would be a real shame if they cancelled! :( Maybe they're the special guests on Sunday? :o

That sucks, I loved having the choice of Canadian/franciscan and blue moon etc.

Plus I f*cking HATE Heineken :mad:

Thank you! I knew I saw it somewhere, thought I saw it on their website only a couple of days ago. Would be a real shame if they cancelled! :(Maybe they're the special guests on Sunday? :o

That sucks, I loved having the choice of Canadian/franciscan and blue moon etc.

Plus I f*cking HATE Heineken :mad:

The thought crossed my mind - I hope not. Bit of a let down if the special guests were an act previously announced!!!

Last time they had a 'special guest' slot, the Coronas filled it. Think that was 2014, so maybe someone of a similar size... Walking on Cars or Kodaline or something?

I'd be surprised if it was an international name - they get relatively few so they're usually the ones announced early on to drive ticket sales.

The thought crossed my mind - I hope not. Bit of a let down if the special guests were an act previously announced!!!

Last time they had a 'special guest' slot, the Coronas filled it. Think that was 2014, so maybe someone of a similar size... Walking on Cars or Kodaline or something?

I'd be surprised if it was an international name - they get relatively few so they're usually the ones announced early on to drive ticket sales.

Oh god ya, It could very well be WoC or Kodaline!

Anyway they got back to me about the minutes,
    "Unfortunately the lads had to cancel their shows this summer due to personal commitments. Hope to see them soon!"

Wonder who will be the Special Guests before the Manics. Would be unreal if they got Franz Ferdinand since they are in Scotland the night before

Or it could be Feeder?

• Advertisement

Wild Beasts have been added to sub The Manics

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

Wild Beasts have been added to sub The Manics

super addition for them

• Registered Users Posts: 40 jasonrwc

hey lads i bought tickets to indie back in january through the tickets.ie website and i somehow managed to lose them. Does anyone know if i can get duplicate ones or anything? they were posted out to me instead of printable ones. Never gonna go with postage ones again after this mess!

jasonrwc wrote: »
    hey lads i bought tickets to indie back in january through the tickets.ie website and i somehow managed to lose them. Does anyone know if i can get duplicate ones or anything? they were posted out to me instead of printable ones. Never gonna go with postage ones again after this mess!

Best thing to do is contact tickets.ie
    I'm sure they can help you out, ticket master do that so I don't see why they couldn't

Best thing to do is contact tickets.ie
    I'm sure they can help you out, ticket master do that so I don't see why they couldn't

I have emailed them just waiting on a response I know ticketmaster would sort me out it just says on their site for general admin they won't kind of worrying as it's sold out now too 😕

I have emailed them just waiting on a response I know ticketmaster would sort me out it just says on their site for general admin they won't kind of worrying as it's sold out now too 😕

It's not sold out yet

you should call tickets.ie on 01 5541680

So i got onto tickets.ie and because it is a general admission gig they would do nothing wouldnt replace or give duplicate tickets which is a bit ****ty and theyre customer service wouldnt talk about it on the phone just one line email responses saying there was nothing they could do.

Luckily enough my old housemate had actually taken the tickets with him when he left thinking they were his so got them back. All's well that ends well :D

So i got onto tickets.ie and because it is a general admission gig they would do nothing wouldnt replace or give duplicate tickets which is a bit ****ty and theyre customer service wouldnt talk about it on the phone just one line email responses saying there was nothing they could do.

Luckily enough my old housemate had actually taken the tickets with him when he left thinking they were his so got them back. All's well that ends well :D

:confused::eek:

That's mad. Surprised - I've had reprinted tickets from smaller companies than Tickets.ie so that's really strange.

Anyway, hope everyone got their tickets - weekend passes sold out last night.

Think day tickets are still going, though.

I was really surprised too as i have gone to festivals before with the wrong ticket,went to castlepalooza with my EP ticket and they just toke my email confirmation and laser i paid with and let me in not bother.

Well alls well that ends well anyway :):D

• Advertisement

Weekend tickets now sold out

Advertisement