Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indiependence 2017

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

This must be the quickest it's ever sold out..

Anyway I think this year's festival is gonna be very different now with no Franciscan Well, Canadian Molson, Kopparberg...will they take the Jager place away too? :mad:

I'm actually devastated that Heineken are sponsoring!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 16 EllenDempsey

I'm looking for 2 weekend camping tickets for Indiependence 2017, will pay face value for both!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

james Murphy?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

james Murphy?

Not that one, so they say!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Alexawhite

Hi lads, was wondering could anyone who was at indie before tell me what time most people start leaving the campsite at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

Alexawhite wrote: »
    Hi lads, was wondering could anyone who was at indie before tell me what time most people start leaving the campsite at?

It's very weather dependant.Some leave at 7 or 8 am.I usually try and stay until 12 or 1pm as there are always a few garda breathaliser checkpoints about.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Won a pair of tickets for this :) Delighted to be going really enjoyed in 2012??? (it was the year Feeder played)

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭slievenamon fella

Anyone here know of any weekend camping tickets for sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

Anyone here know of any weekend camping tickets for sale?

Think there is tickets on sale tomorrow that weren't completed on the deposit scheme.

20545232_10154882268951545_8618297282187102671_o.jpg?oh=afe24097c4b4a985b2899f6861d64bd0&oe=5A062D8F

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭slievenamon fella

Looks like its goin to turn into a mud bath with the weather there giving unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Main site is mostly covered - all stages on tents and the beer hall is a barn so no worries on that side from rain.

Good f*cking luck to the campers though. Site doesn't deal too well with rain in my experience.

Yea def gonna pack the oul wellies that i actually bought last time i was down at Indie in 2012 ha

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Jacq06

Couldn't get a weekend ticket so got one for the Sunday. Anyone suggest a sensible budget for the day? :P Are drinks/ food pricey? Thanks. Enjoy all!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Main site is mostly covered - all stages on tents and the beer hall is a barn so no worries on that side from rain.

All the stages are in tents ?

Zardoz wrote: »
    All the stages are in tents ?

They are indeed. 2009 (I think) was a total washout and led to loads of small crowds at stages because the rain was so bad so the organisers just stumped up the cash to get marquees for the lot. Tbf, for a festival of its size, an outdoor main stage isn't really necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

They are indeed. 2009 (I think) was a total washout and led to loads of small crowds at stages because the rain was so bad so the organisers just stumped up the cash to get marquees for the lot. Tbf, for a festival of its size, an outdoor main stage isn't really necessary.

Nice one ,I wont have to worry about the weather so ,looking forward to seeing the Manics .

When i went in 2012 the Main Stage was outdoors and the other stages were marquee (bar the Red Bull stage which was outdoors)

Maybe it was 2012 was the rain and 2013 was tented so?

Either way, I was there last year and all the stages are covered now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

How much were the one day tickets when they went on sale? I presume it was the same price for each day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Freindly

I see on their facebook notification yesterday that non prescription medication is banned.

As someone getting over a cold this is pretty disappointing. Anyone here know how strict they are?. Are they going to take my benylin and panadol tablets off me! If Im upfront will they just bin it.

Also this is my first time going. Can anyone tell me how far a walk the car park is from the camping area? Will probably be leaving some backup medication.

Just want to enjoy the weekend and not be stuffy and sniffling miserably if the cold plays up......

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭jntsnk

Hi Guys,
    Have 2 indie tickets for sale for Sunday's gigs.
    Anyone interested ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Freindly wrote: »
    I see on their facebook notification yesterday that non prescription medication is banned.

As someone getting over a cold this is pretty disappointing. Anyone here know how strict they are?. Are they going to take my benylin and panadol tablets off me! If Im upfront will they just bin it.

Also this is my first time going. Can anyone tell me how far a walk the car park is from the camping area? Will probably be leaving some backup medication.

Just want to enjoy the weekend and not be stuffy and sniffling miserably if the cold plays up......

Dont know anything about the medication to be honest however the car park is less than 5 mins walk away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Driving over to the festival today. What's the weather/ground conditions like down there?Lashing rain in Dub

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

thunderdog wrote: »
    Driving over to the festival today. What's the weather/ground conditions like down there?Lashing rain in Dub

Down here now, I can confirm it's muddy but not raining ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Mr Teeny

Went down yesterday evening just to see the Manics (first time seeing them). Place was in a right heap after a wet weekend and an awful lot of very tired zombie heads floating around the place. Great set by the lads though. Real pity Nicky wasn't there but hopefully the family illness isn't too bad! James is an immense frontman and a super guitarist. His voice is amazing live. Hopefully they're back soon for a headline set, an hour and 15 just wasn't enough!!

On a sour note, I hope they managed to catch the lovely young gentleman who pushed over the portaloo yesterday evening. What a scummy thing to do!

More importantly, hopefully the poor girl who ended up stuck inside and covered in a layer of blue gunk (and whatever else was inside after a messy weekend) and who ended up in an ambulance is ok today!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 chuckbass

Mr Teeny wrote: »
    On a sour note, I hope they managed to catch the lovely young gentleman who pushed over the portaloo yesterday evening. What a scummy thing to do!

More importantly, hopefully the poor girl who ended up stuck inside and covered in a layer of blue gunk (and whatever else was inside after a messy weekend) and who ended up in an ambulance is ok today!

Aah God love her, thats really gonna ruin your buzz for the whole weekend! Yeah, I've only been twice, but the place is full off eejits, I went to castlepalooza and the crowd was way more civilised!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Is it very easy to sneak get people in without a ticket?

Heard of a few that did it