Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbie PS4 Advice do & don't etc

Options
  • 13-12-2016 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

Santa is bringing me a PS4 1TB, I need some advice

How should I set up my account for deals? Only reply with allowed info on this ( I can provide email address for anyone who can provide info eg USA Acc )

What should I install / delete of the PS4

I see accounts banned of PSN for buying Fifa Acc etc can someone elaborate ( I'm tired and eyes hurt while scanning through pages.

The reason I am asking is because I'm a curious George and if I don't ask I will experiment to see without caution and end up banned.

Thanks in advance.... Also those VR are very expensive €565 in CEX WOW

REDDEVILFAN

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭mcgrath1992

1. if you wanted to make a US account to check out the usa ps store , you need 3 things...a verified email address , an american address and a usa zipcode (just google zipcodes and usa address and choose one) :) and to top up wallet for usa account just buy a $ psn code from pcgame supplies...i have bought games from usa store for years now without any issues

2. for deals just check out ps store every wednesday as thats when its updated every week

3. i dont think you will need to delete anything as 1TB is a huge memory anyway..netflix/youtube can be installed on it fairly quick , games will take few hours to install though depending on your wifi speed...if its a ps4 pro will be slightly bit faster

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

If humanly possible, don't wait until Xmas to turn your ps4 on for the first time. The psn service gets hammered and everything takes 10 times as long to download

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭reddevilfan

Cheers guys

Great info... I might sneak it out and turn it on while the going is good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

RedXIV wrote: »
    If humanly possible, don't wait until Xmas to turn your ps4 on for the first time. The psn service gets hammered and everything takes 10 times as long to download

This +1

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Cheers guys

Great info... I might sneak it out and turn it on while the going is good

Make sure to pop the games in while it's connected to the internet, then it automagically downloads the latest updates for it...

Probably best doing the account setup stuff also, when you set your email it has to send you a confirmation one, normally this takes a couple of minutes, on Xmas day it took us 3 days before the little lad could start playing his new Vita, don't let it happen you... :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement