Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camera upgrade for CCTV system..

Options
  • 13-12-2016 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,581 ✭✭✭✭

One camera has died on my CCTV system, am looking to replace with a better camera for clearer recordings..

The current one is a bullet style 600tvl with bnc connection, id like to replace with something with same connections but better resolution for reading number plates at maybe 10m, I can mostly make plates with current camera but I may as well upgrade when buying anyway..

Can someone recommend a camera online.. preferably UK/Irl shop..

maybe something like this
    ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

What kind of DVR do you have, chances are it will be the limiting factor here.
    Most of the old analogue recorders can only record at D1 resolution, 720TVL or approx 700 X 500 pixels.
    If it's only number plates then a vari-focal camera with something like a 3.6 - 12mm lens should help

• Registered Users Posts: 18,581 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Jnealon wrote: »
    What kind of DVR do you have, chances are it will be the limiting factor here.
    Most of the old analogue recorders can only record at D1 resolution, 720TVL or approx 700 X 500 pixels.
    If it's only number plates then a vari-focal camera with something like a 3.6 - 12mm lens should help

Did a Google there and here is my dvr

http://www.cctvhotdeals.com/dvrs/zmodo-4-channel-h-264-security-dvr-w-960h-real-time-recording.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Ok, looks like it can record at 960h which is a bit of a step up from D1.
    A good vari-focal 700tvl camera with smart IR if you can get it
    You could always swap out the dvr and get a HD TVI recorder which will work with your old cameras plus an additional 3MP tvi camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,581 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Jnealon wrote: »
    Ok, looks like it can record at 960h which is a bit of a step up from D1.
    A good vari-focal 700tvl camera with smart IR if you can get it
    You could always swap out the dvr and get a HD TVI recorder which will work with your old cameras plus an additional 3MP tvi camera.

Thanks for your help.

http://www.acurasystemsdirect.com/acurapro-ahd-varifocal-2-8-12mm-anti-vandal-sentinel-bullet-apahdsb-br-graphite.html

This camera above says it's backwards compatible with older dvr's, could I go with something like this, maybe replace cameras one by one and then upgrade the dvr at a later date if I need to. ??

Cheers.

Advertisement