Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP PLEASE

Options
  • 13-12-2016 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭

SO moved into a new house. It has a pbx system in place and phone sockets in all the rooms. Previous Tennant told me the house was wired for Ethernet. I see that there is a POE setup too. Main phone line runs into the same little setup.

See pictures below.

How do I get it so that I can have broadband hard wired upstairs. Is it a case of the ADSL cable goes into the splitter that says rj14 and then I just hook the router upstairs with the phone socket and ethernet port into pc. I'm a network novice so any help is really welcomed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Ethernet sockets are rj45, are those available where your connections need to be?

PS. You have no pics.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

degsie wrote: »
    Ethernet sockets are rj45, are those available where your connections need to be?

PS. You have no pics.

AH sorry pictures below.

It looks like the sockets in the rooms are all phone rj11 but there is a POE down there with the PBX. There is an ethernet cable I'm the splitter along with the phone.

I just thought I could pop in the adsl/broadband line into the splitter and then plug the router into any room with a rj11

Sorry if this all sounds silly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

Haven't you already posted this question and gotten a lot of feedback?

Advertisement