Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help choosing gaming rig please

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

gizabeer wrote: »

Would you not build a pc yourself. You would save quite a bit as well. Also do you really need a GTX 1080 a 1070 may be just as good but it also depends on what monitor you are running.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Just replied to your other thread, they're both very good value with the same price.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Just replied to your other thread, they're both very good value with the same price.

Are they good value. I just personally like to build myself that's why I recommend it. I wonder how that site is making money if they are selling off at good value. As all they are doing is building PC's and selling to make a profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

Would you not build a pc yourself. You would save quite a bit as well. Also do you really need a GTX 1080 a 1070 may be just as good but it also depends on what monitor you are running.

I've never built a Pc before and was going to give it a go but seen these.
    It's to run an oculus rift so I thought might as well go the whole hog and get the 1080 , I'd be ordering through my business so no Vat , first one would be €1380 and second one would be around €1550

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=101958546#post101958546

Drew up a similar build that came to 1700, 1725 or so if you want to match HDD sizes. Now the self build will have higher quality parts I'd bet but €150 odd isn't bad overhead for a PC built and shipped.

Their after sales support comes to "We'll help you figure out the problem and send you the manufacturers number" though, given the amount of people who come here after a sales rep has given them nonsense advice that doesn't look too good. 12 month warranty though.

• Advertisement

19% is it? The build I posted would come to about €1380 going off that. Or else an i7 6700 (non-k) would bring it in line with the first PC and would knock about €100 off my PC, so about 1300.

So about 1300 to match the first PC and 1380 to match the second one.

Advertisement