Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 17 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

A boring Jakupovic to Grant!!!

Finally getting rid of Jak and should have the option to rotate Heaton, although Heaton's big hauls come when away or most unexpected!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Chesty08 wrote: »
    A boring Jakupovic to Grant!!!

Finally getting rid of Jak and should have the option to rotate Heaton, although Heaton's big hauls come when away or most unexpected!

DO NOT ROTATE
    Rotation is the devil

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Origi or Lallana as a cheap 'Pool attacking cover?

Origi would be a simple swap from Nacho.
    Lallana would come in for Firmino and allow Nacho -> Ibra upfront.
    £0.7m short to get Eriksen in though. Can't believe I did not go for it for Firmino the other day when their prices moved in the opposite direction. Don't know if it's the total lack of interest for the game in my place or if I'm becoming too old for it but I'm finding many of my decisions weirdly unlike my normal self lately :rolleyes: :pac:...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,183 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Considering removing Siggy for Pogba

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Goalie advice.

Karius out.

Cheap option...Randolph to rotate with Pickford.
    Mid price...get on the Heaton wagon.
    Pricey...DDG for United's excellent fixtures and improved form.

Any other good bets? Grant will be ousted in next few weeks so too short term. He was a great buy for anyone who got on early but ship has sailed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

lala and eriksen both going up tonight. Could be an easy chance to make 0.1 if nothing else this week by getting one of them in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Nacho out origi in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

FHFC wrote:
    Any other good bets? Grant will be ousted in next few weeks so too short term. He was a great buy for anyone who got on early but ship has sailed.

I think you have Cedric but I'd certainly consider a double up with Forster at 5.0 for their lovely run of fixtures.
    4 clean sheets in 5 and great defensive stats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Pogba looking looking dangerous, think I'll bring him in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

FHFC wrote: »
    Goalie advice.

Karius out.

Cheap option...Randolph to rotate with Pickford.
    Mid price...get on the Heaton wagon.
    Pricey...DDG for United's excellent fixtures and improved form.

Stay cheap. Valdes might be a good option.

I'll be doing nacho to someone and possibly Pedro to alli. I'd prefer alli over eriksen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Have resisted rage transferring just about everyone out...

Need Chelsea defence cover asap.....will require a hit so could do something like Defoe to Origi and Cedric to Azpi

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

km79 wrote: »
    DO NOT ROTATE
    Rotation is the devil

I've gained at least 20 points since GW6 WC rotating Grant and Pickford. I think it's better than a strict one goalie strategy unless you have a premium like Cech, DDG, etc.

Azpil while less exciting is probably a better option than Alonso.

Stay cheap. Valdes might be a good option.

Have Chambers.

Forster a good shout.

If i get rid of Hazard which seems likely I could afford DDG.

• Advertisement

Have Chambers.

Forster a good shout.

If i get rid of Hazard which seems likely I could afford DDG.

Expensive keepers have never worked for me. I had cech for a good while this yr and ddg for a good chunk last year. I think Heaton will outscore the above due to save pts.

Expensive keepers have never worked for me. I had cech for a good while this yr and ddg for a good chunk last year. I think Heaton will outscore the above due to save pts.

Burnley have rough fixtures. tot, mci, SOT, ars next 6. And he's 4.8 now.

But may well be best option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Origi in for Nacho. And maybe lallana might come in somewhere..to get rid of Hazard or not hmmmm

I've gained at least 20 points since GW6 WC rotating Grant and Pickford. I think it's better than a strict one goalie strategy unless you have a premium like Cech, DDG, etc.
    But this implies you've always been right?

iroced wrote: »
    Origi or Lallana as a cheap 'Pool attacking cover?

Origi would be a simple swap from Nacho.
    Lallana would come in for Firmino and could allow Nacho -> Ibra upfront.
    Any advice?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Just done a -8.

Son ---> Eriksen
    Benteke ---> Origi
    Smith ----> Ake

The last one was purely to free up funds. With price rises I could not afford to wait. Could not bring myself to sell Haz before those 2 hone fixtures

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Think I'll bank and work Ibra in next week. A Costa yellow wouldn't be the worst thing in the world this weekend.

Any advice?

I'm thinking of going for populist moves of Origi and Eriksen in for Firmino and Nacho.

Should gain/save value there too.

Have enough for Kane to Ibra the week after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Going to try and bank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I'm bringing in lala myself but only because I dont want to uproot my 3 attackers.

Jagielka suspended for the weekend could really open things up for Liverpool against Everton

I'm thinking of going for populist moves of Origi and Eriksen in for Firmino and Nacho.

Done this.

May do another for a hit yet, but maybe not.

Karius can wait as Pickford good for this weekend.

Origi's fine? Read he went out "injured"... Just a knock?
    Karius can wait as Pickford good for this weekend.
    That's what I was gonna ask you about your GK conundrum... For me your choice has to depend upon how often you wish to play Pickford. No point having a premium if Pickford can return similar (looking at respective fixtures) too often. No point having a mid-price if his rotation with Pickford is bad. etc...

Origi's fine? Read he went out "injured"... Just a knock?

That's what I was gonna ask you about you GK conundrum... For me your choice has to depend upon how ofte, you wish to play Pickford. No point having a premium if Pickford can return similar (looking at respective fixtures) too often. No point having a mi-price if his rotation with Pickford is bad. etc...

He hobbled off and was soon replaced by Trent Alexander-Arnold, but with the Merseyside derby just five days away, Klopp does not think it is an issue.

“I don't think so,” he said. “A little knock, a little pain. We actually wanted to change Sadio but then it was Divock. But no, I don't think so.”

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Have Nacho Firmino Can trio as my problem.

Leaning towards Origi and Lallana in with the 2FTs tonight.

Done.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

But this implies you've always been right?

Grant's been the real star of the rotation, granted (pun intended), but I played Pickford for his only two "cleanie" returns (6 and 7 pointers). Grant got 5 and 2 points those weeks. I'm mostly chuffed with myself for picking Lee Grant before he played a minute in the Premier League :)

• Advertisement

Jesus my head is melted with all the possible permutations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

Was so annoyed I couldn't get Lallana in (was 0.1 too expensive), I've made a double change and taken the 4 point hit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Rage transferred in Erikson and Negredo for hazard and Anchibe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

in just 2 games heaton away to united and west ham
    I've lost that
    and that's without looking at all the other 2\3 pt differences
    I hate it and I will not be doing it after January

it's all very well people telling me just bench foster every week . But it's too tempting. Swansea at home or west ham away? No brainer
    can't find the free transfer to get rid of foster and free up the cash and I'm not taking a hit to do it but ge is gone in wildcard and will go back to my 2 goalies from one team strategy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

I'll be doing nacho to someone and possibly Pedro to alli. I'd prefer alli over eriksen.

To who? I brought him in as well, what a massive failure that turned out to be! 1 point in two games:rolleyes:

£8M to play with

To who? I brought him in as well, what a massive failure that turned out to be! 1 point in two games:rolleyes:

£8M to play with

I'm going with a strong front 8 so possibly Carroll or Andre gray. I'd probably go Defoe or benteke in your circumstance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

£8M to play with

Na, na, na-na, na, na.........get Origi with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Kos- Jones

Cedric- Ake

Milner- Lallana

Nacho- Origi

8 pt hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

I went Firmino to Alli on Monday after a 50/50 call between Eriksen and Alli :mad:
    Will hold him for next few gameweeks anyway.

• Advertisement

Actually anyone know how Alli played last night..see he was taken off early. Just rested?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

He was ****e! I think he'll be left out for Winks at the weekend tbh

El festino wrote: »
    Actually anyone know how Alli played last night..see he was taken off early. Just rested?

From what I seen of that match he could/should have scored 2 or 3 goals. Just lacked maybe sharpness or quicker decision making.

Edit - I assume he was taken off with the next match in mind. Although I thought that about Hazard at the weekend.

Firmino, although no fantasy returns looked much better second half last night when they tweaked the formation. Will look to get him back again at some stage, maybe Jan.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

I'm going with a strong front 8 so possibly Carroll or Andre gray. I'd probably go Defoe or benteke in your circumstance.

Benteke might be a good shout but perhaps not this week against Chelsea, not a bad run of fixtures over the next while though, better than Sunderland anyway!

Firmino, although no fantasy returns looked much better second half last night when they tweaked the formation. Will look to get him back again at some stage, maybe Jan.

Yeah, I heard that. Many fans seemed to think the team was much better when they tweaked it.

By January Coutinho will be back and hard to look past though.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I heard that. Many fans seemed to think the team was much better when they tweaked it.

By January Coutinho will be back and hard to look past though.

He really makes us tick - I think he is our most important player in terms of pressing and movement from the front but as you say it may be Coutinho and Lallana that benefit most.

He was getting into very good positions unlucky to blank last night. That 3rd goal was a tap in for firmino if origi squared it to him rather than llallana

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Also did Clyne to Rose to make it a -8. Clyne has done alright but I'm viewing Spurs defense as essential with Alder back in the fold. Confident this transfer will pay for itself soon enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Rage transferred the following:

Firmino -> Payet
    Walcott -> Eriksen
    Evans -> Ake

Thoughts?

Already regretting not swapping Firmino for another Liverpool mid!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Just done a -8.

Son ---> Eriksen
    Benteke ---> Origi
    Smith ----> Ake

The last one was purely to free up funds. With price rises I could not afford to wait. Could not bring myself to sell Haz before those 2 hone fixtures

-8 sideways transfer!

• Advertisement
Advertisement